NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2760, 2761, 2762 ... 2862, 2863, 2864  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Cam Johnson for DLo expiring contract? Nets is rebuilding
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:31 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

And? They can get a 1st or 2 for Cam
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:31 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

What does Cam Johnson give us that Rui doesn't at $7-$8M less? And who is giving us 18 PPG while being a point guard and the best high volume 3 point shooter in the league in DLO's absence?

Sounds like a waste of $7-$8M at a position we don't need it while then creating a huge hole in the playmaking and high volume 3 point shooting from the point guard side.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers get Sexton, Kessler and Grant
Jazz get DLO, JHS and picks
Blazers get Rui, Gabe, Hayes and picks
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I don't think the Lakers really need to get rid of or trade anyone at this point.

They can move forward with their draft picks and their roster they had and see if JJ is smart enough to run the lineup that worked last season and just start the season with that.

One of DLo, Reaves and Vincent should be included in a trade package.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
leking006 wrote:

What does Cam Johnson give us that Rui doesn't at $7-$8M less? And who is giving us 18 PPG while being a point guard and the best high volume 3 point shooter in the league in DLO's absence?

Sounds like a waste of $7-$8M at a position we don't need it while then creating a huge hole in the playmaking and high volume 3 point shooting from the point guard side.

I agree not to give up both Dlo and Rui for him. But to answer the question, Cam is a more versatile shooter than Rui and can actually defend on the perimeter. Rui’s value to us isn’t ideal because he’s a tweener who’s better served at the 4, but that’s also Lebron’s best position so there’s some positional redundancy. At the end of the day, we can’t run back Rui, Reaves, and Dlo as starters and expect any different result from last year.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:07 am    Post subject:

I don’t want to get into the debate of who is the better player between DLo and Reaves but for those who propose to trade DLo, you better make sure we have another playmaker on this team besides LBJ.

Thus if the aim is to get another 3&D wing, it makes more sense to include Reaves than DLo.

However my personal preference is to trade Vincent +Rui + other minor pieces for a 3&D wing starter, and move one of DLo or Reaves to the bench

Last edited by lakersfan8 on Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:10 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I agree not to give up both Dlo and Rui for him. But to answer the question, Cam is a more versatile shooter than Rui and can actually defend on the perimeter. Rui’s value to us isn’t ideal because he’s a tweener who’s better served at the 4, but that’s also Lebron’s best position so there’s some positional redundancy. At the end of the day, we can’t run back Rui, Reaves, and Dlo as starters and expect any different result from last year.

Vanderbilt is a better fit in the starting lineup than Rui because he can do the dirty work that LBJ no longer wants to do.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:44 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are lucky that DLo fell back into their lap

At worst you use DLo during the regular season and Knecht and Reaves during the playoffs if he falters.

If LBJ took less I heard we could even sign Klay with the MLE.

That would be a crazy potent offense with all those lasers.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:46 am    Post subject:

Excellent news with DLO opting in.

Now we can finally trade him for a Center we desperately need.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:54 am    Post subject:

I think this is good news. The topic of DLo is so divisive here, but at 18.7m he is good value. And if he left we had no asset to replace him.

Another look for a few months, and then can trade him as an expiring if an opportunity to upgrade presents itself.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:58 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The Lakers are lucky that DLo fell back into their lap

At worst you use DLo during the regular season and Knecht and Reaves during the playoffs if he falters.

If LBJ took less I heard we could even sign Klay with the MLE.

That would be a crazy potent offense with all those lasers.

The only possible way the Lakers could have gotten the full MLE was if DLO opted out and left and then Lebron took a big paycut of $12M per year. Which was probably unrealistic already. With DLO opted in it is not even worth talking about how much of a paycut he would have to take to get the full MLE.

Klay is likely to get more than the MLE anyways.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:26 am    Post subject:

We really need to get Stewart. I don't care about his temper or his spat with Lebron. Gabe, JHS, and a FRP. Lets get it done.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:14 am    Post subject:

We need to make changes to this roster. Yes, Dlo is a great three point shooter, but he simply can’t play defense. You all saw how teams constantly picked on him. Dlo is not a good starting player; his role should be as a 6th man, but his contract is not structured like a 6th man’s. So, we have to trade him. He’s our most enticing trade chip because he’s on an expiring contract and has some value around the league. I honestly do not want to go through another playoff run where the opposing team targets him because he can’t defend. Coaching can’t fix his defense…
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:47 am    Post subject:

Trailblazers just drafted Clingan.

Lakers: Ayton, grant

Blazers: Dlo, Rui, Vando, Gabe, JHS, 2frp

Davis/ayton
Bron/wood
Grant/prince
Max/knecdt
Reaves/Cp3

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:07 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Trailblazers just drafted Clingan.

Lakers: Ayton, grant

Blazers: Dlo, Rui, Vando, Gabe, JHS, 2frp

Davis/ayton
Bron/wood
Grant/prince
Max/knecdt
Reaves/Cp3

LOL, Trading an army for having DAyton playing backup center and AR point guard.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:11 am    Post subject:

Fortunate move here to have DLo opt in. The west keeps getting better and we need every bit of talent if he stays and every bit of salary ballast to get better talent in via trade.
It’s all up to Rob now to make this a better team than last year.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
daytripper wrote:
DLo is not a long term fit with Reaves.

Dunno why you're talking as if Reaves is a better player than DLO. He isn't.

It's not about "DLO's fit next to Reaves." It's Reaves fit next to DLO, which means being able to play defense and hit threes consistently.

That is why the Lakers got Knecht and there's talk of increasing Max Christie's role. Reaves if he doesn't get his threes and defense down will be the Super 6th man of the team.

Check the playoff scoreboard my boy.

Reaves upped his averages to 17 in the wcf run.

Reaves went into the year and was 16 point player this past year and maintained his 17 point average while chasing Murray.

Reaves sample alone makes him better and more reliable than Mr I drop from 18 to 12, 18 to 13, 18 to 14 when the playoffs come … maybe if we give him a 4 year deal, he will translate that 18 average to 18 though …

But yeah Reaves has an actual market and Dlo can’t even get money offered to him in two summers. Reaves also has translatable regular season and playoff play. And unlike Dlo, Reaves is liked in nba locker rooms. He’s the better player and asset.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject:

So we have DLo/Wood/Hayes/Cam expiring confirmed? How much $ can it bring back, apron and everything?

Rob focus on Feb/trade deadline? Maybe some GM told him to hold the expirings incase their team underperformed and the superstar wants out, Steph? Jimmy?

But if GS gonna release CP3 and Looney to cut cost, how about Wiggins for DLo/JHS/Wood, their Klay/CP3/Looney replacements. We get our starting 2-way wing (assuming his mental problem is under control)
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

May need Vash or another capologist to confirm but I think the opt-in forces us into the bringing back less money that you send.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
daytripper wrote:

It's not about "DLO's fit next to Reaves." It's Reaves fit next to DLO, which means being able to play defense and hit threes consistently.

That is why the Lakers got Knecht and there's talk of increasing Max Christie's role. Reaves if he doesn't get his threes and defense down will be the Super 6th man of the team.

Reaves went into the year and was 16 point player this past year and maintained his 17 point average while chasing Murray.

Reaves sample alone makes him better and more reliable than Mr I drop from 18 to 12, 18 to 13, 18 to 14 when the playoffs come … maybe if we give him a 4 year deal, he will translate that 18 average to 18 though …

But yeah Reaves has an actual market and Dlo can’t even get money offered to him in two summers. Reaves also has translatable regular season and playoff play. And unlike Dlo, Reaves is liked in nba locker rooms. He’s the better player and asset.

They'll ignore all of that and continue to say DLO > Reaves
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers were extremely lucky that Dlo opted in.. keeps their options open.

It buys them time to wait for the right move.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
daytripper wrote:

It's not Dlo vs AR-15. Both players have a lot of upside. If the league has more interested in AR that's fine. I actually like him a little more too, not crazy more. I'll take the good and the bad with both players and listen to teams if they have good trade offers on the table, but don't make a move just to make a move
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
daytripper wrote:

It's not Dlo vs AR-15. Both players have a lot of upside. If the league has more interested in AR that's fine. I actually like him a little more too but not crazy more. I'll take the good and the bad with both players and listen to teams if they have good trade offers on the table, but don't make a move just to make a move

It is DLO vs AR. We need to move one because both of them starting leaves you with two negative defenders who dont create for themselves at a high enough level to play both.

I can see the argument that AR is the better player/higher value and he'll net you more in a trade so he should be the one to go, but to say DLO > AR is just blind DLO homerism.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:01 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
And? They can get a 1st or 2 for Cam

Nobody is giving up picks of any real value for Cameron Johnson. Maybe you might get a team to give up a top 20 protected pick that turns into a pair of 2nds if it doesn't convey.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2760, 2761, 2762 ... 2862, 2863, 2864  Next
Page 2761 of 2864
Jump to: