NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2737, 2738, 2739 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

KCP and Kuzma both about to be out here making 20M+ (could probably throw Caruso in there next summer) while Westbrook is on vet min deals.

Lakers asset management man.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

Think KCP ends up in Orlando.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
It has to be the attitude. DLo was our 3rd best player last year and it wasn't even close. Set Laker records. And it appears to be literally no market for him. Including the Lakers

Personally, and know you too tox, would gladly take him back with the right parts around him. ie Start a 3/D guard next to him. Rui/Reaves/DLo won't cut it on D.

Also not sure how I feel about trading draft picks for Cam Johnson. Well actually I know I'm not a fan of that. Solid player, but not worth draft picks when we will likely be in a rebuild. Already 28 and will be turning 29 next year. DFS is also overrated to me. 2-3 of his caliber players go every year for VM.

The thing is, I felt the Lakers org talked well about DLO last offseason and even for parts of this past season. Maybe it's the way he leaked his irritation with Ham (remember that random hit piece on Ham in like February lol). Rob, for all his faults, is actually quite good at running a tight ship and I wouldn't be surprised if that really bothered him. On the basketball court, I find it hard to see why unless LeBron & AD lost confidence in him after the past playoffs, which would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

The DFS idea is more just that we better get something back instead of letting him walk. I personally would re-sign DLO and maybe hope the Magic get (bleep) due to no playmaking or shooting and decide to trade a big for DLO. Assuming WCJ isn't going anywhere, Isaac would be my target
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Denver’s Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is declining his $15.4 million player option for the 2024-25 season to become a free agent, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba. Caldwell-Pope – a two-time NBA champion – is expected to receive interest from multiple teams with salary cap space.

He fits Orlando perfectly. Suggs played 64% his time at pg last year. He could start at the SG spot and leave them enough money to buy a center as well. Plus we know he shoots (bleep) well at Disney.

If you’re choosing between Klay or Dlo .. you go Klay
If you’re choosing between KCP or Dlo … you go KCP

Orlando would easily give one of them money over Dlo, and Dlo market drivels ups and dies lol
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
It has to be the attitude. DLo was our 3rd best player last year and it wasn't even close. Set Laker records. And it appears to be literally no market for him. Including the Lakers

Personally, and know you too tox, would gladly take him back with the right parts around him. ie Start a 3/D guard next to him. Rui/Reaves/DLo won't cut it on D.

Also not sure how I feel about trading draft picks for Cam Johnson. Well actually I know I'm not a fan of that. Solid player, but not worth draft picks when we will likely be in a rebuild. Already 28 and will be turning 29 next year. DFS is also overrated to me. 2-3 of his caliber players go every year for VM.

The thing is, I felt the Lakers org talked well about DLO last offseason and even for parts of this past season. Maybe it's the way he leaked his irritation with Ham (remember that random hit piece on Ham in like February lol). Rob, for all his faults, is actually quite good at running a tight ship and I wouldn't be surprised if that really bothered him. On the basketball court, I find it hard to see why unless LeBron & AD lost confidence in him after the past playoffs, which would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

The DFS idea is more just that we better get something back instead of letting him walk. I personally would re-sign DLO and maybe hope the Magic get (bleep) due to no playmaking or shooting and decide to trade a big for DLO. Assuming WCJ isn't going anywhere, Isaac would be my target

All I can see is what's on the court and most player interviews. Seems to be solid chemistry outside of everybody being annoyed by Ham. Including Reaves.

Have said it before, will say it again, Rui should be the guy being shopped, not DLO. Especially when you account for you have big money committed to Vando and Wood coming back.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Denver’s Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is declining his $15.4 million player option for the 2024-25 season to become a free agent, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba. Caldwell-Pope – a two-time NBA champion – is expected to receive interest from multiple teams with salary cap space.

He fits Orlando perfectly. Suggs played 64% his time at pg last year. He could start at the SG spot and leave them enough money to buy a center as well. Plus we know he shoots (bleep) well at Disney.

If you’re choosing between Klay or Dlo .. you go Klay
If you’re choosing between KCP or Dlo … you go KCP

Orlando would easily give one of them money over Dlo, and Dlo market drivels ups and dies lol

My hope is they sign KCP, run out of cap space, and realize they still have a need for good shooting playmaking point guard who can also play off ball.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

All I can see is what's on the court and most player interviews. Seems to be solid chemistry outside of everybody being annoyed by Ham. Including Reaves.

Have said it before, will say it again, Rui should be the guy being shopped, not DLO. Especially when you account for you have big money committed to Vando and Wood coming back.

For sure. I'm sure we'll eventually get the full story
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Sign Tyus Jones
S&T Dlo for Jonas V
Trade Rui/Max/Vanderbilt + 2 firsts for Jerami Grant

Tyus Jones
Grant
Lebron
AD
Jonas

Bench: Donald/AR/Gabe/Wood/Prince
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Austin Reaves is an offense-only guy who went through a long shooting slump this season and was absolute BRICKS from 3 against Denver.

REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, don't understand why this guy is untouchable.

I know he's solid for what he makes, but you ultimately need to have the right pieces at more important roles before you worry about the lesser roles.

And right now, the Lakers don't have the main supporting players behind AD and LeBron.

AR, DLo, Rui, just don't compare to the supporting casts the elites have. Porzingis, Holiday, White were the reason why the Celtics won the title this year. McDaniels and Reid were a big reason why the Timberwolves made a leap this season.

Hoping this a smokescreen. Pelinka has gassed up some of the young core before trading them before. 'But who knows?

If the Lakers can make those improvements while keeping AR, great. Based on rumored trade values out there, it just seems unlikely.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:11 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Sign Tyus Jones
S&T Dlo for Jonas V

Tyus Jones
Grant
Lebron
AD
Jonas

homie you wanna look at Tyus Jones' stats in the playoffs
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Sign Tyus Jones
S&T Dlo for Jonas V

Tyus Jones
Grant
Lebron
AD
Jonas

What in the giant (bleep) at that Grant trade?

And Tyus Jones? Dude is a scrub.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

It is much better for Lakers if DLO stays than leaves. I don’t even want him to stay to trade him b/c the idea of him and DK gives me splash bro vibez
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
It is much better for Lakers if DLO stays than leaves. I don’t even want him to stay to trade him b/c the idea of him and DK gives me splash bro vibez

He needs to be traded at this point. Assuming he doesn’t opt out of course. With Reaves and now DK, DLO at this point is at best, served as a trading piece for a Center we desperately need.

Call it an offseason
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/276304/Lakers-Unlikely-To-Consider-Trading-Austin-Reaves

I saw that, but where is it saying it is a smokescreen?

In his brain .. because we know the interpretation is already bs like most the posts

Stop starting crap for no reason most of the time when teams are in trade talks there supposed to make there players look good
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I won’t be surprised if Philly ends up with KCP + Jerami Grant
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Keep DLo. Resign Max.

Shop Rui+Vincent for BPA. Jermai Grant?

Starting 5
AD
LeBron
Grant
Christie
DLO

Bench

Goga
Wood
Vando
DK
Reaves

I love the balance. Especially from the bench, should be best in NBA. 2 defensive anchors in Vando/Goga. Offense ran through Reaves/Wood and DK opening things up providng space.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
27 wrote:

He needs to be traded at this point. Assuming he doesn’t opt out of course. With Reaves and now DK, DLO at this point is at best, served as a trading piece for a Center we desperately need.

I cannot argue we need a C and you’re right he would be the main player to net that. Maybe we get that Duke C in the 2nd round and we can keep him =P
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
27 wrote:

I cannot argue we need a C and you’re right he would be the main player to net that. Maybe we get that Duke C in the 2nd round and we can keep him =P

I doubt a lanky kid with a negative wingspan is gonna get much playing time on this time unless he blew us away in workouts and summer league.

I would actually like DLO to stay, but just due to that HUGE HOLE we have at Center, and our influx of guards, DLO is just not needed anymore.

Call it an offseason
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

If Cam Johnson is there for the taking and the FO is actually interested/has a path to a deal, he should be the #1 role player target. He's absolutely the kind of 3-and-D guy we badly need, and another elite shooter to add with Knecht. Check his advanced stats - big-time winning player.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Also don’t forget, we’re going to draft Bronny James at 55.

Guards:
Austin Reaves
Gabe Vincent
DLO (if he opts in)
Dalton Knecht
Max Christie
Bronny James

Something HAS to give. DLO is our best asset to trade for a Center we desperately need. We have a grand total of…*checks notes* ZERO Centers.

So if we want to NOT get killed on the boards again, or get destroyed in the paint with big lineups, or risk AD getting injured again, we need a (bleep) Center, like now lol.

Call it an offseason
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Keeping DLo and trading AR just seems like the best way for the Lakers to maximize their assets. AR has seemingly much more trade value while not being tangibly better than him.

DLo is obviously the better regular season player. Better scorer, shooter, play-maker. It wasn't even that close.

In the playoffs, AR wasn't even that great. He had bad games. He shot REALLY poorly from 3. D'Lo had a couple of good games this time as well.

Neither are suited to be the main players behind stars on a championship team. But AR can return more in a trade, possibly one of those elite role players the elite teams current have.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

For the Goga fans he's not a minimum player so he's not coming. To the Jonas fans he's so slow footed he barely plays against mobile centers like AD...in fact the Pels play Nance more in those situations. The guys is slower than molasses. Kessler would be a nice get but don't see that trade happening.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Keeping DLo and trading AR just seems like the best way for the Lakers to maximize their assets. AR has seemingly much more trade value while not being tangibly better than him.

DLo is obviously the better regular season player. Better scorer, shooter, play-maker. It wasn't even that close.

In the playoffs, AR wasn't even that great. He had bad games. He shot REALLY poorly from 3. D'Lo had a couple of good games this time as well.

Neither are suited to be the main players behind stars on a championship team. But AR can return more in a trade, possibly one of those elite role players the elite teams current have.

If we can get an athletic scoring SG, I don’t mind keeping DLO and moving AR… There’s just noone available out there. Lavine and DJM the closest but it will take a lot. Last time I checked DJM wants to go back to playing PG.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Is it possible for them to get both KCP and Klay?
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Is it possible for them to get both KCP and Klay?

There’s a small possibility but not likely. How would they determine who shafts as KCP has been a starter most his career as has Klay. They both have title experience.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2737, 2738, 2739 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next
Page 2738 of 2797
Jump to: