NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2736, 2737, 2738 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

People question AD money 😂

Bam Adebayo is extending a year earlier than he could have. His three-year 30% max extension projects look like this:

26-27: $51,183,000
27-28: $55,277,640
28-29: $59,372,280
Total: three years, $165,832,920

That’s why Jimmy and Miami has friction too 😂
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I wouldn't trade for any other role player until Cam Johnson gets moved. He's the best available at what we need IMO. A big 3-and-D wing. And his contract is good.

Same, I would give A 1st for him. Rui, JHS, and a future 1st, and a minimum guy.

It is better to wait for the new league year to trade for him since his salary goes down from 25 million to 23 and Rui and JHS get a slight increase. Closes a gap of about 5 million that way

I would not be mad if we gave up two firsts for him. I think he's a game-changer. Big upgrade over Rui. We'd finally have a large winger stopper and it's another floor stretcher. Vando slots in as a backup permanently.

Two picks is a lot when the Lakers still have issues in terms of lacking a guy who can get his own bucket which iirc Cam Johnson is not (not a Cam Johnson expert though). This trade market is certifably insane though

Do you have a bucket getter in mind? Because I don't with Mitchell off the market and I have zero interest in Trae. Celtics won a chip really only having 2. Dallas won the West with only 2. Nuggets have 3ish? Is MPJ a self-creator or is he more of an off-the catch bucket getter? I think between Lebron/AD/DLO/Reaves weren't not terribly lacking. Size down low, on the wing and shooting i think are still our most glaring weaknesses.

I don't. But that's partially why I entered team "(bleep) it let's just rebuild." Part of my thinking is watching teams like the '16 Warriors who were built around the harmonizing of a lot of collective strengths, but the playoffs mucked the offense up and they lacked a way to get easy baskets. Curry is an all timer but that's not his strength.

Cam Johnson is a really good fit if you believe in LeBron/ AD as hubs who will break down the defense with individual brilliance. But if I'm being honest I don't trust either of them to do that anymore. I absolutely don't trust DLO to do it. AR maybe (because he usually has a lesser defender on him but this logic doesn't hold against a team like Boston).

So it's like... is it worth 2 FRPs for that? Probably not imo?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
I wouldn't trade for any other role player until Cam Johnson gets moved. He's the best available at what we need IMO. A big 3-and-D wing. And his contract is good.

Same, I would give A 1st for him. Rui, JHS, and a future 1st, and a minimum guy.

It is better to wait for the new league year to trade for him since his salary goes down from 25 million to 23 and Rui and JHS get a slight increase. Closes a gap of about 5 million that way

I would not be mad if we gave up two firsts for him. I think he's a game-changer. Big upgrade over Rui. We'd finally have a large winger stopper and it's another floor stretcher. Vando slots in as a backup permanently.

Two picks is a lot when the Lakers still have issues in terms of lacking a guy who can get his own bucket which iirc Cam Johnson is not (not a Cam Johnson expert though). This trade market is certifably insane though

Do you have a bucket getter in mind? Because I don't with Mitchell off the market and I have zero interest in Trae. Celtics won a chip really only having 2. Dallas won the West with only 2. Nuggets have 3ish? Is MPJ a self-creator or is he more of an off-the catch bucket getter? I think between Lebron/AD/DLO/Reaves weren't not terribly lacking. Size down low, on the wing and shooting i think are still our most glaring weaknesses.

I don't. But that's partially why I entered team "(bleep) it let's just rebuild." Part of my thinking is watching teams like the '16 Warriors who were built around the harmonizing of a lot of collective strengths, but the playoffs mucked the offense up and they lacked a way to get easy baskets. Curry is an all timer but that's not his strength.

Cam Johnson is a really good fit if you believe in LeBron/ AD as hubs who will break down the defense with individual brilliance. But if I'm being honest I don't trust either of them to do that anymore. I absolutely don't trust DLO to do it. AR maybe (because he usually has a lesser defender on him but this logic doesn't hold against a team like Boston).

I'm choosing to be optimistic, however stupidly. I think Lebron is still an effective hub and i think AD showed promise as Ham started to make him one. Even though DLO, Rui and Prince were good, overall, it felt like we bricked too many open 3s and burned a lot of good looks Lebron created. I'm on the Cranjis train with the playcall frequency and its correlation with team success and Ham left too much on the table with his tolerance for freelancing. We don't know quite what JJ's offense is, but the stuff he's saying so far sounds good and like he's a little more clued in than Ham. Does Cam make the Lakers a Finals contender? Not necessarily. But i think he checks two major boxes. And injuries happen every year. The Celtics were no doubt helped by their easy path to the Finals where virtually every Eastern star was injured. The Lakers could have a similar fortune and end up facing the Miami Heat again. You never know.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'm choosing to be optimistic, however stupidly. I think Lebron is still an effective hub and i think AD showed promise as Ham started to make him one. Even though DLO, Rui and Prince were good, overall, it felt like we bricked too many open 3s and burned a lot of good looks Lebron created. I'm on the Cranjis train with the playcall frequency and its correlation with team success and Ham left too much on the table with his tolerance for freelancing. We don't know quite what JJ's offense is, but the stuff he's saying so far sounds good and like he's a little more clued in than Ham. Does Cam make the Lakers a Finals contender? Not necessarily. But i think he checks two major boxes. And injuries happen every year. The Celtics were no doubt helped by their easy path to the Finals where virtually every Eastern star was injured. The Lakers could have a similar fortune and end up facing the Miami Heat again. You never know.

Heh. You sound like me from a month ago. I like it, I should keep talking to you and covers my ears when I see ocho nearby
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

A Cam Johnson trade is interesting. It’s very interesting if we can get Sharpe included.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

I agree Cam Johnson is a great fit aside from the bucket getter part. Maybe Reaves will make the jump we were hoping he'd make last year. I'm not sure I love sending out two future 1sts that far out for Cam Johnson but I'd get the vision.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Heh. You sound like me from a month ago. I like it, I should keep talking to you and covers my ears when I see ocho nearby

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Sacramento Kings are trading Davion Mitchell and Sasha Vezenkov to the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN.

Sac got their Davion upgrade yesterday so not surprised.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject:

If you follow Anthony Irvin, he is saying he wants to make Reaves the starting PG with Christie/DK taking the minutes at the 2.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Sacramento Kings are trading Davion Mitchell and Sasha Vezenkov to the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN.

Sac got their Davion upgrade yesterday so not surprised.

Deal is for Jalen McDaniels.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If you follow Anthony Irvin, he is saying he wants to make Reaves the starting PG with Christie/DK taking the minutes at the 2.

I don't
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If you follow Anthony Irvin,

That's as far as I got.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I don't

A lot of people dont. I don't agree with the logic, but it fit's with DLO not being mentioned once by Pelinka/JJ.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I don't

A lot of people dont. I don't agree with the logic, but it fit's with DLO not being mentioned once by Pelinka/JJ.

Yeah that was notable for me too. It does seem like if he re-signs he's trade bait but it's not exactly clear to me who would trade for him, unless he's salary ballast and the Lakers attach picks going outwards. DLO/Rui for DFS/Johnson/picks would work.

But if you're not trading DLO it doesn't really make sense to me not to re-sign him. Maybe LeBron and AD are sick of him after the playoffs or his attitude is really that grating idk. He gave you 18/6 on 41% 3FG%
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

It has to be the attitude. DLo was our 3rd best player last year and it wasn't even close. Set Laker records. And it appears to be literally no market for him. Including the Lakers

Personally, and know you too tox, would gladly take him back with the right parts around him. ie Start a 3/D guard next to him. Rui/Reaves/DLo won't cut it on D.

Also not sure how I feel about trading draft picks for Cam Johnson. Well actually I know I'm not a fan of that. Solid player, but not worth draft picks when we will likely be in a rebuild. Already 28 and will be turning 29 next year. DFS is also overrated to me. 2-3 of his caliber players go every year for VM.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject:

Cam Johnson is in his prime and will be through the end of his contract. He'll be very tradeable at 31 if you're worried about it. He'd definitely net a first rounder from a contender if we're in rebuild mode.

Agree on DFS. I like his defense but his shooting is meh.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject:

Shams saying Reaves is unlikely to get traded is a smokescreen, there trying to play negotiation games while there trying to get the star player they want which will undoubtedly include Reaves

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams saying Reaves is unlikely to get traded is a smokescreen, there trying to play negotiation games while there trying to get the star player they want which is undoubtedly include Reaves

Where he say that?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/276304/Lakers-Unlikely-To-Consider-Trading-Austin-Reaves
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Cam Johnson is in his prime and will be through the end of his contract. He'll be very tradeable at 31 if you're worried about it. He'd definitely net a first rounder from a contender if we're in rebuild mode.

Agree on DFS. I like his defense but his shooting is meh.

It's not about him still having value. It's about not having the rights to our draft picks when we will likely be bad.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/276304/Lakers-Unlikely-To-Consider-Trading-Austin-Reaves

I saw that, but where is it saying it is a smokescreen?
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I saw that, but where is it saying it is a smokescreen?

In his brain .. because we know the interpretation is already bs like most the posts
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Denver’s Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is declining his $15.4 million player option for the 2024-25 season to become a free agent, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba. Caldwell-Pope – a two-time NBA champion – is expected to receive interest from multiple teams with salary cap space.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Denver and star Jamal Murray are working toward a four-year, $209 million maximum contract extension this offseason, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Nuggets will present the deal to Murray – a 2023 NBA champion and one of the best clutch players – and sides expect agreement.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams saying Reaves is unlikely to get traded is a smokescreen, there trying to play negotiation games while there trying to get the star player they want which will undoubtedly include Reaves

Dude what are you talking about????? Your link doesnt mention a smokescreen at all and if this is your guess at what the Lakers/Shams are really thinking, NO just no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2736, 2737, 2738 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next
Page 2737 of 2797
Jump to: