NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2734, 2735, 2736 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject:

It’s hard to really project any of this.. but does the Lakers mindset now change after Knecht fell into their laps on draft night? It still feels like they need to make a move to upgrade the roster.

Minnesota parlayed a 2031 unprotected pick into the 8th pick in the draft. Surely those two Lakers picks must hold pretty good value.. I think if Atlanta had their picks over the next few seasons Murray would be a Laker. Their issue is they can’t tank.

Pelinka really seems to be pumping the brakes on a trade coming to help the roster. Hopefully it’s just posturing because I do think they still need to make a move.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hayes opts out would mean he has a market. I don't know if that's the case.

I mean I’d be happy with bringing him back as 3rd string

I can see him getting a bit more than the min potentially, though

I really hope you are right and his agent is telling him the same thing.

Good work on the list, if he opts out what would the new room be like 6.75M? What would the option be for whichever mle?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Did anyone hear Redick talk about 3 point shooting? Unless Ayton becomes a good 3 point shooter, he's not someone I see the Lakers have any interest in as a starter.

Who do we draft? We draft a guy who apparently can become (if he develops) a bigger Grayson Allen. We're valuing the 3 point shooting.

I can't see us ignore the statements that JJ said and go back to the twin tower model. AD is our 5, Lebron is our 4. I see JJ making a strong case to Lebron that he needs to up his 3 point shots. He's going to design an offense where we see a lot more 3 point shooting. AD will be the hub. What JJ wants from 3 man is someone that hit the corner 3 point shot and then crash the glass. This is the player we either develop Rui into, or trade him for.

Whether this works for us (especially in terms of getting back on defense) remains to be seen. I would shelf any talk about Lakers going for any high priced starting 5.

What we likely look at or should look at. An insurance back up big for AD. Last season was AD's only 2nd real full RS on the Lakers. The 3 other were a lot of injuries and games missed. So if he has a season where he misses 20-30 games, we need a quality 5. If you think Lakers will pay Ayton for that role, ok. I don't believe they would. Boston was willing to pay both Al and Porzingis because they knew Porzingis was an all-star caliber talent but injury prone. We've been going with vet min backups for AD since forever.

I hear you, but the Lakers have said they want to sign a big to pair with AD, but maybe Redick has other ideas. There's a dearth of stretch bigs on the market save for maybe Valanciunus, who i doubt we can afford unless DLO opts out. Centers were once the most bargain surplused thing on the market and but Jokic is having a Shaq like effect where any 7-footer with a pulse is gonna command a decent salary. Maybe Ayton is an awkward fit and is effort is definitely questionable, but I still think he can be something. His presence would definitely help our defense while doubling down on our league ability to punish inside. If people wanted to draft Edey that bad, i don't see why Ayton isn't a much bigger upgrade. And i think you can get him for salary filler and some 2nds. Maybe JHS, who i will personally drive to the airport.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Did anyone hear Redick talk about 3 point shooting? Unless Ayton becomes a good 3 point shooter, he's not someone I see the Lakers have any interest in as a starter.

Who do we draft? We draft a guy who apparently can become (if he develops) a bigger Grayson Allen. We're valuing the 3 point shooting.

I can't see us ignore the statements that JJ said and go back to the twin tower model. AD is our 5, Lebron is our 4. I see JJ making a strong case to Lebron that he needs to up his 3 point shots. He's going to design an offense where we see a lot more 3 point shooting. AD will be the hub. What JJ wants from 3 man is someone that hit the corner 3 point shot and then crash the glass. This is the player we either develop Rui into, or trade him for.

Whether this works for us (especially in terms of getting back on defense) remains to be seen. I would shelf any talk about Lakers going for any high priced starting 5.

What we likely look at or should look at. An insurance back up big for AD. Last season was AD's only 2nd real full RS on the Lakers. The 3 other were a lot of injuries and games missed. So if he has a season where he misses 20-30 games, we need a quality 5. If you think Lakers will pay Ayton for that role, ok. I don't believe they would. Boston was willing to pay both Al and Porzingis because they knew Porzingis was an all-star caliber talent but injury prone. We've been going with vet min backups for AD since forever.

I hear you, but the Lakers have said they want to sign a big to pair with AD, but maybe Redick has other ideas. There's a dearth of stretch bigs on the market save for maybe Valanciunus, who i doubt we can afford unless DLO opts out. Centers were once the most bargain surplused thing on the market and but Jokic is having a Shaq like effect where any 7-footer with a pulse is gonna command a decent salary. Maybe Ayton is an awkward fit and is effort is definitely questionable, but I still think he can be something. His presence would definitely help our defense while doubling down on our league ability to punish inside. If people wanted to draft Edey that bad, i don't see why Ayton isn't a much bigger upgrade. And i think you can get him for salary filler and some 2nds. Maybe JHS, who i will personally drive to the airport.

Reddick probably wants to play 3 gaurds with Davis and Legramps
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:53 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Reddick probably wants to play 3 gaurds with Davis and Legramps

If the only floor spacers Rob gives him are guards, he's not leaving Redick much choice is he? Vando, Reddish and Wood were abysmal from 3.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:04 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Good work on the list, if he opts out what would the new room be like 6.75M? What would the option be for whichever mle?

If he and Cam opts out, we would have room to resign Prince or another free agent with our tax payer MLE and another 2 VM guys. If just one opts out, we still would have room to use tax payer MLE and sign one VM guy for a full roster at 15. Would be around 800K under hard cap.

A lot of this is also dependent on what Christie gets. I have penciled in for 3.5M, that might be low but I really hope we don't over pay as we always do for our RFA. Ham did a great job keeping Max hid and that likely killed any market he has above VM.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:07 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

If he and Cam opts out, we would have room to resign Prince or another free agent with our tax payer MLE and another 2 VM guys. If just one opts out, we still would have room to use tax payer MLE and sign one VM guy for a full roster at 15. Would be around 800K under hard cap.

A lot of this is also dependent on what Christie gets. I have penciled in for 3.5M, that might be low but I really hope we don't over pay as we always do for our RFA. Ham did a great job keeping Max hid and that likely killed any market he has above VM.

Cam ain’t opting out

Tbh I’d burn a SRP to get rid of him
#18 next...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Cam ain’t opting out

Tbh I’d burn a SRP to get rid of him

If he opts in he's put in a trade package with DLO and hopefully Vincent. We have 3 guards that will definitely be playing in AR, Max, and Knecht
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

aren't we going to have too many people on this roster without a significant trade?

Forwards:
LeBron - expected to re-sign
Cam Reddish - likely to opt-in?
Rui
Vando
Knecht - Rookie
Maxwell Lewis

Guards:
AR
Max Christie - expected to re-sign
Gabe
JHS
Bronny - Rookie

Centers:
Jaxon Hayes - likely to opt-in?
AD
Christian Wood

That's 14 right there which assumes the Lakers part ways with Prince, Dlo, Dinwiddie and perhaps Castleton as well.

1. One of Hayes or Wood should be traded - both cannot be third stringers.
2. If we get Bronny, either JHS or Gabe should be traded (if not both if we're indeed interested in CP3)
3. Reddish and one of Vando/Rui should be traded, maybe Maxwell Lewis as well.

Last edited by nomoreshaq on Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
aren't we going to have too many people on this roster without a significant trade?

AD
Rui
Vando
Gabe
AR
JHS
Maxwell Lewis
Christian Wood
Knecht - Rookie
Bronny - Rookie

That's 14 right there which assumes the Lakers part ways with Prince, Dlo, Dinwiddie and perhaps Castleton as well.

damn we are gonna have a roster spot issue, hopefully we dont have to burn 2nds to get rid of cam/hayes
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

Yama wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

AD
Rui
Vando
Gabe
AR
JHS
Maxwell Lewis
Christian Wood
Knecht - Rookie
Bronny - Rookie

damn we are gonna have a roster spot issue, hopefully we dont have to burn 2nds to get rid of cam/hayes

People are hoping that Hayes and Cam opts out at this point…
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Yama wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

AD
Rui
Vando
Gabe
AR
JHS
Maxwell Lewis
Christian Wood
Knecht - Rookie
Bronny - Rookie

Cam is likely playing in Taiwan if he doesn't opt-in. Hayes might as well too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:31 am    Post subject:

No where does it say that LeBron is expected to re-sign, the Lakers are the 1’s who are putting it out there that they are looking to sign him to a 3 year deal worth 162M but that doesn’t mean he isn’t take his time and milk this
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Yama wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

AD
Rui
Vando
Gabe
AR
JHS
Maxwell Lewis
Christian Wood
Knecht - Rookie
Bronny - Rookie

yeah i dont see any incentive for them to opt out, they arent the worst 3rd string depth but at that point you'd rather have those spots taken up by young players with some potential like maxwell lewis, etc
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Yama wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

AD
Rui
Vando
Gabe
AR
JHS
Maxwell Lewis
Christian Wood
Knecht - Rookie
Bronny - Rookie

I mean Hayes still got some minutes for him unless Lakers bring in a vet big… Cam is tricky but as currently constructed there’s just no minutes for him at all. Do Lakers even bring Prince back?

Lakers will have to make a 2for1 or 3for1 trade if they want to round up the roster.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

Hayes has a spot on this roster if he opts in

We might have to use a 2nd, a la Marc Gasol 2021, to get rid of Reddish…
#18 next...
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

Would Jazz do this?

Jazz get:
Both 1st rounders
DLO
JHS
Hayes

Lakers get:
Sexton
Kessler
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
No where does it say that LeBron is expected to re-sign, the Lakers are the 1’s who are putting it out there that they are looking to sign him to a 3 year deal worth 162M but that doesn’t mean he isn’t take his time and milk this

It’s simple… He’s going to see where Bronny ends up. Then evaluate that team base on contention, roster, and salary capspace. If it’s not more enticing than the Lakers he will resign.

Olympics is starting soon. He has no reason to milk this. He’d be smart to ink in a deal before olympics starts.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s simple… He’s going to see where Bronny ends up. Then evaluate that team base on contention, roster, and salary capspace. If it’s not more enticing than the Lakers he will resign.

Olympics is starting soon. He has no reason to milk this. He’d be smart to ink in a deal before olympics starts.

I hate ever talking about injuries. Hypothetically, if bron did take his sweet time and did have an injury that kept him out 6months -year, I wonder if the FO would have enough balls to rethink signing him.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I hate ever talking about injuries. Hypothetically, if bron did take his sweet time and did have an injury that kept him out 6months -year, I wonder if the FO would have enough balls to rethink signing him.

That’s why I don’t see it happening… Big risk for him to lose $150m. Bron is a smart guy. Even if another team drafts Bronny, i think the decision will go fairly quick.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

I was just reading that the Knicks may want to include Miles McBride in the Bridges trade to avoid the first tax apron. They may need to include a 3rd team in the trade and they are looking for a future 1st. Rob should be all over this, even if we have to also compensate the Nets for taking one of our scrubs.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Would Jazz do this?

Jazz get:
Both 1st rounders
DLO
JHS
Hayes

Lakers get:
Sexton
Kessler

Not sure they’ll be open to trading Kessler now that they didn’t get Edey in the draft. I’d love it for us, though. Kessler and Sexton would be worth trading those picks because they’re young and locked into deals for the next two years.

Sexton / Vincent
Reaves / Christie
LeBron / Knecht / Lewis
Hachimura / Vanderbilt
Davis / Kessler / Wood
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Would Jazz do this?

Jazz get:
Both 1st rounders
DLO
JHS
Hayes

Lakers get:
Sexton
Kessler

you think they would trade Kessler for that????? stop dreaming bro.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

I guess no Bronny to GSW…

Quote:
the Oklahoma City is trading Lindy Waters III to Golden State for No. 52 pick, sources say.

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1806386737872060852?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So if the Jazz get him he’s gonna see how the Jazz roster is like? I think if Philly buys a pick and gets Bronny then I think that’s gonna create shockwaves through out the NBA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2734, 2735, 2736 ... 2795, 2796, 2797  Next
Page 2735 of 2797
Jump to: