NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2730, 2731, 2732 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Brunson changed everything. Late pick, great leader. Guys love playing with him. Who wins ring first Luka or Jalen.

Austin Reaves

Love Austin but he isn’t an alpha or if he is this isn’t the team to showcase that. But he doesn’t need to be. Just get better.

he's HIM tho, lol
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
The Knicks still need to move Randle.

The way this off season is going for them, anything is possible.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Brunson changed everything. Late pick, great leader. Guys love playing with him. Who wins ring first Luka or Jalen.

Austin Reaves

Love Austin but he isn’t an alpha or if he is this isn’t the team to showcase that. But he doesn’t need to be. Just get better.

he's HIM tho, lol

That he is. With all due respect
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
how come no rui/gabe/jhs rumors today? lol

Because Rob's in Disneyland atm.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Wizards remain active in trade discussions centered around Kyle Kuzma as well.

Washington could attach Kuzma alongside Nos. 14 or 26 to move up even higher in the draft from their current slots.

Kuzma and Malcolm Brogdon are players who might still be on the move tonight.

https://x.com/esidery/status/1806101308513849356

Quote:
The Wizards are exploring every pathway to try to stockpile assets and, with three turns already in the first round at Nos. 2, 14 and 26, there is rising curiosity about their plans for Kyle Kuzma. Sacramento (No. 13) is known to be interested in the versatile Kuzma once again.

https://x.com/TheSteinLine/status/1806103297226617093
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject:

No one wants to deal with lakers unless it’s highway robbery for them. It just feels so easy for other teams to pull off deals with each other. This sh*t has been going on forever.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
how come no rui/gabe/jhs rumors today? lol

Because Rob's in Disneyland atm.

Looks like any decent player is going for multiple picks. Rob seems (understandably) reluctant to part with ours.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
Obviously lots of teams having discussions about trades. Have heard Pistons look into moving back, Utah looking into moving out, Memphis likely staying put

https://x.com/NBADraftWass/status/1806102918535278975
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

OG Anunoby gets a 5 yr / 212 million contract. Roughly 42 million a year. That's quite incredible for a role player who averages 15 ppg, but that's just how the new cap is structured now. Good for him and his agent lol. He got the bag and then some. Makes me feel good about AR's contract. We kinda gypped him.

The big problem is he's one of the less available players in the league. 50 games played this season and 67, 48, 43 the prior seasons. If they can keep him healthy then great, but Thibs doesn't exactly have the best track record with his players.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

New York's rebuild has been masterful. Hard not to admire what they've done over the past 3-5 years.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:18 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
New York's rebuild has been masterful. Hard not to admire what they've done over the past 3-5 years.

All their core are under 29, it’s impressive
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
No one wants to deal with lakers unless it’s highway robbery for them. It just feels so easy for other teams to pull off deals with each other. This sh*t has been going on forever.

Looking at all the picks being thrown around... Lakers just don't have (bleep) ton of assets.

They already made it known that AR and Rui are only being moved for allstar caliber players.

That leaves you with nothing really but Vando and Gabe...
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

Denny_Russo wrote:
OG Anunoby gets a 5 yr / 212 million contract. Roughly 42 million a year. That's quite incredible for a role player who averages 15 ppg, but that's just how the new cap is structured now. Good for him and his agent lol. He got the bag and then some. Makes me feel good about AR's contract. We kinda gypped him.

The big problem is he's one of the less available players in the league. 50 games played this season and 67, 48, 43 the prior seasons. If they can keep him healthy then great, but Thibs doesn't exactly have the best track record with his players.

people say this team needs a legit 3 & d wing. yeah, those guys are going for $30m/yr+. how are the lakers gonna get one? lol
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Knicks can’t stay healthy..
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
“It does feel like the Lakers have come off the Trae Young possibility and Dejounte is front and center as a person that I think they are looking at.”

- The Athletic’s Sam Amick on The Rich Eisen Show today

Amick added that he thinks there are differing views within the Lakers organization on what should be put on the table for Murray.

Quote:
five 1sts for Mikal. two 1sts for Deni. Dejounte will have to be in between that?

lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
“It does feel like the Lakers have come off the Trae Young possibility and Dejounte is front and center as a person that I think they are looking at.”

Amick added that he thinks there are differing views within the Lakers organization on what should be put on the table for Murray.

Quote:
five 1sts for Mikal. two 1sts for Deni. Dejounte will have to be in between that?

rob has mastered the art of the overpay
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Feels like 2 firsts and a swap..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Something like DLO / Reaves / Vando and picks for Murray / Capela / Bagdonavich would be nice
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Trae Young is not expected to fetch a trade package similar to those of Mikal Bridges or Rudy Gobert on the trade market, per @BobbyMarks42

“Dejounte Murray actually has more value than Trae Young at this stage”

I don't believe this, but it would be great.

I think the Lakers actually want to trade for Trae, and having to trade less for him would obviously be great.

I prefer trading for DJM in part because he seemingly would cost less, but obviously this changes things if true.

People harp on Trae not playing defense, but the guys he's replacing don't play defense either.

Honestly, I can see the Lakers improving if you replace Rui, DLo, AR, with Trae and 2 solid 3-and-D guys.

Trae's gravity creates more offense than those guys put together, and replacing 2 of the 3 bad defenders with solid defenders would improve the defense even with Trae.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yep, he's a pro @ overpaying...
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

After the Mikal trade, I do agree it's laughable that people think DJM will fetch 1 or 2 FRPs. Ain't no way chief. Not anymore.

Atlanta probably had some offers but now they are going to ask for a minimum of 4 FPRs with/without protections. Thank New York for raising the asking price for glorified third options.

That's why it's important the Lakers get this draft right. Draft and develop the cats. The franchise kinda depends on it for the time being.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yep, he's a pro @ overpaying...

Yet everyone keeps saying that teams bend us over backwards in order to make moves, so should Rob just stand pat? Laker fans want moves done while knowing teams don't want to help us out, so what should this man do?

Rob is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Until the Lakers trade for someone else, I believe Donovan Mitchell and Trae Young are going to be their targets.

They've constantly gone after stars. And this time, LeBron is legitimately nearing the end.

I want DJM over Trae. But, I'm less anchored to that if Bobby Marks is right about Trae having less value than DJM.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Trae Young is not expected to fetch a trade package similar to those of Mikal Bridges or Rudy Gobert on the trade market, per @BobbyMarks42

“Dejounte Murray actually has more value than Trae Young at this stage”

I don't believe this, but it would be great.

I think the Lakers actually want to trade for Trae, and having to trade less for him would obviously be great.

I prefer trading for DJM in part because he seemingly would cost less, but obviously this changes things if true.

People harp on Trae not playing defense, but the guys he's replacing don't play defense either.

Honestly, I can see the Lakers improving if you replace Rui, DLo, AR, with Trae and 2 solid 3-and-D guys.

Trae's gravity creates more offense than those guys put together, and replacing 2 of the 3 bad defenders with solid defenders would improve the defense even with Trae.

DJM is now out of the Lakers price range....

Lakers better off staying put and try to get value on buyouts or vet discounts in FA.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something like DLO / Reaves / Vando and picks for Murray / Capela / Bagdonavich would be nice

Picks for a lateral move. Sign me up. I guess the upside is you have 3 new guys to make up trades for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2730, 2731, 2732 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next
Page 2731 of 2965
Jump to: