NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2727, 2728, 2729 ... 2760, 2761, 2762  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:13 am    Post subject:

DanKD wrote:
Seeing what teams got for Gobert and Bridges, we should trade both Lebron and AD for a haul of 1st round picks and start over.

Bad timing considering Lakers don’t have a 2025 pick next season.

So if it were to happen, it would have to be a disappointing 2025 campaign for the Lakers to go that route.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

Nets are stockpiling firsts like OKC. They took the best offer for Mikal and ran with it. I doubt other teams offered more than 3 FRPs. Tsai may be a class A moron and probably said no initially, but Sean Marks is legitimate.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's a such water down league. Celtics' title have pave the way for other teams that you don't need generational stars like Curry, LeBron or KD to win a title anymore. just string together 2 or 3 2nd tier all stars, and you'd be set.

I know the path Boston got this year was comically easy due to an incredible amount of lucky circumstances bending their way but if we are being honest they won 64 games which was a whopping 7 more than the next best team. They were a dominant team. They just did it with amazing depth rather than a top heavy star(s).

I've seen a 67 win Spurs team get destroyed by KD/WB. I've seen a 66 win Cavs team get destroyed by DH12. Regular season success as measured by wins is meh -- and nothing about the Celtics' postseason screamed dominance to me.

Dallas beat Minnesota. Going into their series Minnesota looked like the most dangerous team in the playoffs but Dallas crushed them. Dallas was no joke, but looked awful against the Celtics because of how good and dominant Boston is. I think Boston would've done the same to any other team that came out of the West and were undeniable this year no matter who they faced.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Nets are stockpiling firsts like OKC. They took the best offer for Mikal and ran with it. I doubt other teams offered more than 3 FRPs. Tsai may be a class A moron and probably said no initially, but Sean Marks is legitimate.

Nets are he number 2 (distant 2) in that market and a lousy team. But their GM took a nice offer. Lakers just want to be in the conversation. Everyone knows this team is slightly above average.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject:

I love that the Nets have gotten rid of their last big player. It will be cheaper for guys on this side to get tickets when the show is in town.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:55 am    Post subject:

Rockets really sent the Nets their golden picks back (which allows the Nets to tank and actually have picks to maybe get Cooper Flag) because Rockets think they get trade the Suns picks (that they got from the Nets) back to the Suns and get KD.

Fascinating.

This is more fun than the finals.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

DanKD wrote:
Seeing what teams got for Gobert and Bridges, we should trade both Lebron and AD for a haul of 1st round picks and start over.

Seems like Philly is the only team interested in Lebron and it makes more sense for them to just sign him outright. The window to get assets for Lebron has passed.

AD just signed an extension, so he can't be traded this year.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Rockets really sent the Nets their golden picks back (which allows the Nets to tank and actually have picks to maybe get Cooper Flag) because Rockets think they get trade the Suns picks (that they got from the Nets) back to the Suns and get KD.

Fascinating.

This is more fun than the finals.

Ya this was wild. Some 3D chess being played here.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Nets are he number 2 (distant 2) in that market and a lousy team. But their GM took a nice offer. Lakers just want to be in the conversation. Everyone knows this team is slightly above average.

The way they attract stars makes it seem like they aren't a distant number 2. They are on every list of preferred trade destinations despite how badly they are run
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Seems like Philly is the only team interested in Lebron and it makes more sense for them to just sign him outright. The window to get assets for Lebron has passed.

AD signed his extension last summer so he should be eligible to be traded
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's a such water down league. Celtics' title have pave the way for other teams that you don't need generational stars like Curry, LeBron or KD to win a title anymore. just string together 2 or 3 2nd tier all stars, and you'd be set.

I know the path Boston got this year was comically easy due to an incredible amount of lucky circumstances bending their way but if we are being honest they won 64 games which was a whopping 7 more than the next best team. They were a dominant team. They just did it with amazing depth rather than a top heavy star(s).

Nothing is watered down, we just might be seeing the new normal.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
DanKD wrote:

So if it were to happen, it would have to be a disappointing 2025 campaign for the Lakers to go that route.

We already gave New Orleans the #4 pick in 2019 and the #8 pick in 2022. What’s another lottery pick in 2025?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DanKD wrote:

We already gave New Orleans the #4 pick in 2019 and the #8 pick in 2022. What’s another lottery pick in 2025?

Or we could just try and contend in 2025 season, and then trade them if it doesn’t work out one more time.

Why rush into rebuilding?
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Or we could just try and contend in 2025 season, and then trade them if it doesn’t work out one more time.

Why rush into rebuilding?

Exactly. I really want to see a new HC coaching a healthy Bron and AD again. JJ could prove that Ham really underperformed with an excellent roster.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Why it is we can lowball Hurley, but can not lowball Lebron?
I will not draft Bronny and I will offer him a 1+1 50mil. That's it. Take it or leave it.
To the media, PR goes as Lebron being the highest 40+ paid player.

They didn’t lowball Hurley.
He would have been the 5th highest paid coach in the NBA.
Behind 3 head coaches that won’t titles.
1 who didn’t.

Not a lowball at all. Wish people would stop saying that.
It was have been colossal asinine to pay Hurley more than Spoelstra, Kerr and Popovich. Stupid.

Be real…

+ he was never coming. Had they offered more, he turns it down and the narrative shifts to how everyone hates the FO. Imho. No win situation going after him other than at least they tried which is good enough for me.

I don’t see it the same way, Lakers were trying to poach a settled coach, not a coach looking for a job. Salaries of other coaches are irrelevant. We did have to come over the top, no different than a company trying to get someone else’s CEO or lead tech guy. The offer if true simply wasn’t over the top. It was a great offer for someone looking for a job like Budenholzer but not a happily situated Hurley. If you think a person would be a lazy hire once he/she signed the contract then you don’t go after them in the first place but once you made up your mind that this is the coach we want, especially without any lux tax/punitive cap, the number simply was too low

Lakers made a serious offer, and Hurley likely knew the parameters before he visited. If Hurley wanted the job, his side would've countered - or said he's not visiting if the offer doesn't start at "X."

Hurley leaked the Lakers offer to jam up UConn. He knew his wife was not going for it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Gotcha. I tried doing a trade for him on the fanspo trade machine and it said he couldn't be traded. When is he eligible? After free agency?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Gotcha. I tried doing a trade for him on the fanspo trade machine and it said he couldn't be traded. When is he eligible? After free agency?

He can be traded at any time since he’s under contract, but that will obviously hinge on what LeBron does LOL 😂
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I've seen a 67 win Spurs team get destroyed by KD/WB. I've seen a 66 win Cavs team get destroyed by DH12. Regular season success as measured by wins is meh -- and nothing about the Celtics' postseason screamed dominance to me.

The last 5 champions were seeded 1, 1, 3, 3, and 1. Outliers and exceptions happen, but the champ is almost always a top seed.

My statement is more about dismissing the Celtics' dominance than anything else
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject:

I just read the Athletic piece and it says if LBJ stays and DLO opts out, it opens up the full MLE. I might not mind that.

We can trade the Full MLE for a player also, so It doesn't mean we just have to use it on a free agent
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dallas beat Minnesota. Going into their series Minnesota looked like the most dangerous team in the playoffs but Dallas crushed them. Dallas was no joke, but looked awful against the Celtics because of how good and dominant Boston is. I think Boston would've done the same to any other team that came out of the West and were undeniable this year no matter who they faced.

Minnesota looked like the most dangerous team in the playoffs because they beat Denver, but Denver actually didn't have a convincing performance against us because Murray played like a scrub all postseason. But that could change if he had a chance to heal, but the Lakers played them tough and the Wolves were a dangerous 2nd round opponent. Dallas beat OKC in part because their role players hit all their 3s, which didn't happen against Boston. Anthony Edwards faded as the playoffs went on, but I think that's just because his shooting was unsustainably hot and then he went (by his standards) pretty cold. Of course we can talk about matchups and defense and all, and that matters, but variance is a (bleep). Dallas looked bad in the Finals because their role players were missing shots.

To be clear, the Celtics are clearly the better team than Dallas -- they won convincingly with the Js playing extremely poorly. But swap the Celtics & Nuggets' conferences and I am extremely confident the Nuggets are 2x champs as Murray has a chance to heal in that cupcake route to the Finals. So I don't buy this notion that the Celtics had a dominant season or something -- they clearly benefited from a pathetic conference and the easiest route to the postseason ever.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ocho wrote:
levon wrote:
ocho wrote:
levon wrote:
ocho wrote:
Players get traded without their knowledge or consent all the time. Who cares about upsetting LeBron? He’s going to be retired soon.

Come on man, get real.

LeBron isn’t even on the team. But we have to pander to him at 40 years old and worry about upsetting him? Please.

The team wants to sign him because he's a money-making machine and still an elite player. If he wants out, you trade him. If he doesn't, you ride out his career. Those two mid-first picks you'd get for him aren't worth further being ostracized in free agency, and he's commanded enough respect league-wide and within the org that you don't backstab him.

Ok so we have to pay him the max into his 40s, we have to draft his son who isn’t any good, we can’t trade him and we can’t trade AD either because it would upset him. And our prize for all of it is a play-in berth. Maybe it’s time to re-evaluate this relationship.

The Mavs won three more games than us last year and made the NBA Finals. Maybe it's time you re-assess the competitive landscape in the league. We're not as far away as you make it seem. A full rebuild makes us very, very far away with no clear path to contention.
Exactly. You dont want to overcorrect in this situation. The western conference has alot of parity so alot of it will come down to issues such as matchups, health and coaching.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Ishbia:

Quote:
NBA Draft night is the best. Everyone talking about the drama and storylines, some are right and some are just wrong.
My turn. Phoenix loves Kevin Durant and Kevin Durant loves Phoenix, and we are competing for a championship this year because we have the team to do it. Gotta love draft night! Go Suns.

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:05 pm    Post subject:

DanKD wrote:

Are you confident the current Lakers front office can construct a champion with draft picks?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Are you confident the current Lakers front office can construct a champion with draft picks?

I am if they let Jesse Buss make the picks and do not over rule him. I think he's amazing at finding the talent
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
DanKD wrote:

Well that's another topic. But if you are asking should Pelinka/Rambis be the Lakers main decision makers, that's an easy no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2727, 2728, 2729 ... 2760, 2761, 2762  Next
Page 2728 of 2762
Jump to: