NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2724, 2725, 2726 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Bridges seems way overrated to get that many picks in a trade. Nets definitely cooked with this trade.

Especially since reports are he requested a trade to the Knicks and he was ready to pressure them saying he would sign with the Knicks if anybody else traded for him.

I think it will work out for New York, assuming Thibs doesn't run him to the ground by the time the playoffs arrive. He'll go back to the role he had on the Suns, which was perfect for him. He's as good of a #3 as you can get. Look for him to reach DPOY caliber when he doesn't have the scoring burden. Brunson and Randle just need to play a wee bit smarter and try to get him involved.

That being said, I still believe 5 FRPs is a crazy ass amount for him.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
eureca wrote:
Bridges seems way overrated to get that many picks in a trade. Nets definitely cooked with this trade.

Especially since reports are he requested a trade to the Knicks and he was ready to pressure them saying he would sign with the Knicks if anybody else traded for him.

I think it will work out for New York, assuming Thibs doesn't run him to the ground by the time the playoffs arrive. He'll go back to the role he had on the Suns, which was perfect for him. He's as good of a #3 as you can get. Look for him to reach DPOY caliber when he doesn't have the scoring burden. Brunson and Randle just need to play a wee bit smarter and try to get him involved.

Yea, 5 FRPs is beyond overpay. Perhaps if it were for scraps but Bogdanovic (15ppg 40% 3pt) is a decent player to send out plus the picks even with Mikal’s better defense. That many picks you would expect a DPOY/MVP/ScoringChamp type player in return.

I wonder if Bridges is gonna start at SG with OG at SF, Randle at PF or if another shake up to the Knicks roster is coming.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
eureca wrote:

Yea, 5 FRPs is beyond overpay. Perhaps if it were for scraps but Bogdanovic (15ppg 40% 3pt) is a decent player to send out plus the picks even with Mikal’s better defense. That many picks you would expect a DPOY/MVP/ScoringChamp type player in return.

I wonder if Bridges is gonna start at SG with OG at SF, Randle at PF or if another shake up to the Knicks roster is coming.

I think they try and trade Randle. He seems like a chemistry killer with what they had in the playoffs and this trade. Bridges seems like a seamless fit.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
eureca wrote:

I think they try and trade Randle. He seems like a chemistry killer with what they had in the playoffs and this trade. Bridges seems like a seamless fit.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Cam Johnson, Day'Ron Sharpe for Rui, Gabe, #17, a '26 swap and two second rounders is a trade I'd be willing to make.

The Nets could turn around and swap Rui for another first, for sure.

lol no
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Brooklyn Nets overall return for Kevin Durant is wild 🤯

Cam Johnson
8 unprotected 1st-round picks
1 protected 1st-round pick
2028 1st-round pick swap
2028 unprotected pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine if they just kept clinging to an already closed title window and just held onto Durant instead of building this giant war chest.

Imagine that.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I think making being able to make a major deal without trading away Reaves is HIGHLY unlikely now.

I think this just set the market on how little value picks have.

I hope the Lakers are open to trading away AR AND keeping DLo. It's the way to maximize the Lakers' trade assets. It's not that I love DLo, but he realistically helps this team more than what you can get for him. And, I think all of the main supporting cast needs to have lesser roles anyway, including AR.

D'Lo might just be salary at this point in terms of trade value.

Solid points here. At least there is some clarity to the market, rather than think you can get Solid player for 17, Rui and DLO.

Yeah, we have to end up with a significant upgrade for our 3rd best player and return either AR or DLO as part 4th best player. With AR's value, maybe they deal him with 17 for 3 and D 2/3. DLO on an extension with a defender like Vando and a 2 way guard is the way to go. I'm going to get mad at them for dealing AR, but it's hard for him and DLO to co-exist. Either way they'll have to wait to see what DLO does so the timing of the draft may mean we do indeed play it safe and take a player at 17.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Solid points on trade value of picks… but on the other hand, all of the Knicks’ best players are like 25-28yo. They should be very good for the next 4-5 years. Therefore, their picks don’t have as much value. The Lakers’ best players are 39 and 32. Our future picks have much more value than NY’s.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm happy with this move. Boston gets more stiff competition.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I'm happy with this move. Boston gets more stiff competition.

We should also root for Philly getting Paul George if it prevents Boston from repeating next year
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Why in the world is Houston going for Durant though? Like what?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Cam Johnson
2028 1st-round pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine if they just kept clinging to an already closed title window and just held onto Durant instead of building this giant war chest.

Imagine that.

To be fair though, Harden, Irvine, and KD all asked for a trade. The Lakers did ask Lebron if he wanted to be traded last deadline and he said no.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

It's annoying that all the owners and the players union agreed to all these apron restrictions. Just makes it so much harder to make a trade. If you receive 1 dollar more in a trade then you are just hard capped under the 1st apron. So you then can't exceed it for the whole year. Which means not re-signing someone like Max in the Lakers case.

The Knicks are going to lose OG or Hartenstein just because they traded a $20M player for a $23M player.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Cam Johnson
2028 1st-round pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine that.

To be fair though, Harden, Irvine, and KD all asked for a trade. The Lakers did ask Lebron if he wanted to be traded last deadline and he said no.

LeBron and AD don’t have no trade clauses.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

If Mikal is 5 picks, what would AD be worth if OKC wants to win it next year? Things that make you go hmmm??? After the healthy season he had, now this Mikal trade... timing would never be better to cash in on AD. I know we won't, but this would be peak moment to do it.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Randle and Robinson + any remaining Knicks picks for LeBron?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
If Mikal is 5 picks, what would AD be worth if OKC wants to win it next year? Things that make you go hmmm??? After the healthy season he had, now this Mikal trade... timing would never be better to cash in on AD. I know we won't, but this would be peak moment to do it.

They’d be my first call.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Cam Johnson
2028 1st-round pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine that.

Lakers already have a bad rep. Would look pretty bad if the traded Lebron if he didn't want to be traded. Maybe AD, but then you run the risk of upsetting LeBron.

If they would trade Lebron without his permission, does that increase the chances of a star player coming here?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Randle + OG + picks for LeBron / and other vets would be my preference
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Knicks still have 24th and 25th picks. Rui, Gabe, JHS for Randle and a pick
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Cam Johnson
2028 1st-round pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine that.

Lakers already have a bad rep. Would look pretty bad if the traded Lebron if he didn't want to be traded. Maybe AD, but then you run the risk of upsetting LeBron.

If they would trade Lebron without his permission, does that increase the chances of a star player coming here?

Who even knows how much loyalty matters around the league.

The Clippers literally lied to Blake Griffin in order to get him to re-sign and immediately traded him to the worst destination in the NBA when he was first eligible to be traded. And Blake was their homegrown player that really kick started the best run in their franchise history to that point.

It was only like a year later when Kawhi/PG picked the Clippers.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Cam Johnson
2028 1st-round pick swap
3 2nd-round picks

Imagine that.

Players get traded without their knowledge or consent all the time. Who cares about upsetting LeBron? He’s going to be retired soon.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Players get traded without their knowledge or consent all the time. Who cares about upsetting LeBron? He’s going to be retired soon.

Come on man, get real.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ocho wrote:

Come on man, get real.

LeBron isn’t even on the team. But we have to pander to him at 40 years old and worry about upsetting him? Please.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
levon wrote:

Randle + OG + picks for LeBron / and other vets would be my preference

U realize OG is a FA

The stuff you say
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2724, 2725, 2726 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next
Page 2725 of 2863
Jump to: