NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2604, 2605, 2606 ... 2674, 2675, 2676  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
If Trae Young doesn’t feel the Hawks are planning to put a competitive team around him this offseason, there will be serious conversations about his future with the organization, per @ShamsCharania on @RunItBackFDTV.

Dialogue between Young and the Hawks is expected to begin this week and continue leading up to draft night.

The pressure is officially on in Atlanta.

he is getting traded. I hope ATL just blows up the whole roster.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
av3773 wrote:
I'd probably do that trade for Mitchell if it were on the table

You'd have I guess base of

C - AD/Wood
PF - Vando
SF - LBJ
SG - DM/ Max
PG - Gabe

I think Gabe will have a bounce back year, he is definitely better than what we saw and vando in that stretch he was healthy was pretty awesome, it would be much more defensive focus starting 5, but DM is still one of those players who can erupt for big games

Minority here but look at the bench...you dont have one. You got two forwards playing Center....you bring Hayes back and its no better..smh. The NBA is telling teams via the CBA to STOP the 3 all star stuff and we going to do it anyway? How is that going for PHX? Also to top it off LBJ will prob take more "load manageing" games off and AD is one hit in the head or falling on the ground from missing games,,smh. Hey! Dont let logic stop this team from living in Lalaland...smh. Because if it doesnt work...You have no picks or moves to really bail you out of this.....

oohhh wait if this doesnt work umm what will be the response from fans...
FIRE ROB! ITS HIS FAULT....

Let's play out an offseason with Mitchell:

Reaves, Rui, JHS, 17, 29 1st, 31 1st, 26 & 28 swap rights for Mitchell

Depth is weak at that point but you could still field a realistic title team, IMO.

Re-sign Max. Make him starting 2 guard. Mitchell starts at PG.

Work with D'lo to find a S&T opportunity. He gets to keep his bird rights that way and we get something. Orlando is interested (supposedly) so perhaps:

D'lo + 2nd to Orlando
TPE/2 2nds to Atlanta
Capela to LA

Atlanta clears the way for Okongwu and Sarr to gets mins and doesn't have to take on a any salary for it.

Wood has opted in. Convice Hayes to. I assume Cam will.

Capela, Hayes
AD, Wood, Cam
LeBron, Vando, Lewis
Max
Mitchell, Gabe

+ tMLE

Maybe this is fan fiction and not possible but I tried to be realistic while getting us what we need. I also think there is a way to to build a title team while keeping the core together (AD/Bron/D'lo/AR/Vando/Rui) and in some ways that might be more fun to watch but this is all to point out we could address the depth issue pretty easily.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

Why would Dan Gilbert trade with us? Has Cleveland ever traded with us in the last 10 years? Plus, there's the "Lakers Tax" to consider, where teams tend to demand more from us in trades. Gilbert would probably want to squeeze out as much as he can for Donovan Mitchell. I really don't see Mitchell ending up with the Lakers unless he insists on it himself

Trae Young seems more of a possibility than Mitchell.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
av3773 wrote:
I'd probably do that trade for Mitchell if it were on the table

You'd have I guess base of

C - AD/Wood
PF - Vando
SF - LBJ
SG - DM/ Max
PG - Gabe

I think Gabe will have a bounce back year, he is definitely better than what we saw and vando in that stretch he was healthy was pretty awesome, it would be much more defensive focus starting 5, but DM is still one of those players who can erupt for big games

Minority here but look at the bench...you dont have one. You got two forwards playing Center....you bring Hayes back and its no better..smh. The NBA is telling teams via the CBA to STOP the 3 all star stuff and we going to do it anyway? How is that going for PHX? Also to top it off LBJ will prob take more "load manageing" games off and AD is one hit in the head or falling on the ground from missing games,,smh. Hey! Dont let logic stop this team from living in Lalaland...smh. Because if it doesnt work...You have no picks or moves to really bail you out of this.....

oohhh wait if this doesnt work umm what will be the response from fans...
FIRE ROB! ITS HIS FAULT....

Let's play out an offseason with Mitchell:

Reaves, Rui, JHS, 17, 29 1st, 31 1st, 26 & 28 swap rights for Mitchell

Depth is weak at that point but you could still field a realistic title team, IMO.

Re-sign Max. Make him starting 2 guard. Mitchell starts at PG.

Work with D'lo to find a S&T opportunity. He gets to keep his bird rights that way and we get something. Orlando is interested (supposedly) so perhaps:

D'lo + 2nd to Orlando
TPE/2 2nds to Atlanta
Capela to LA

Atlanta clears the way for Okongwu and Sarr to gets mins and doesn't have to take on a any salary for it.

Wood has opted in. Convice Hayes to. I assume Cam will.

Capela, Hayes
AD, Wood, Cam
LeBron, Vando, Lewis
Max
Mitchell, Gabe

+ tMLE

Maybe this is fan fiction and not possible but I tried to be realistic while getting us what we need. I also think there is a way to to build a title team while keeping the core together (AD/Bron/D'lo/AR/Vando/Rui) and in some ways that might be more fun to watch but this is all to point out we could address the depth issue pretty easily.

My 2 cents here is that in your lineup, Bron would be point guard again, Mitchell the 2 and Christie as the 3. Christie defends 3's really well anyways so that works - serve as the Danny Green role.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Why would Dan Gilbert trade with us? Has Cleveland ever traded with us in the last 10 years? Plus, there's the "Lakers Tax" to consider, where teams tend to demand more from us in trades. Gilbert would probably want to squeeze out as much as he can for Donovan Mitchell. I really don't see Mitchell ending up with the Lakers unless he insists on it himself

Unfortunately, that is the key as well. Mitchell needs to demand a trade to only the Lakers but needs to do it in a way that is not public and done in almost a pleading and respectful way - like what Steve Nash did to get signed and traded to LA when Robert Sarver did not even contemplate the idea and did not want to do it when he was first pitched the idea. If he does it publically that pisses of Gilbert, he may send Mitchell to another team and even take a lesser package (its (bleep) Dan Gilbert here) just to spite the Lakers and its not even like the Lakers could put the best offer together either. Mitchell would really have to drive this process and it would have to be done very sensitively
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:

Gilbert gift wrapped LeBron/Danny to us by taking Nance and Clarkson’s contracts.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:

Cleveland is in the second round of the playoffs with Mitchell, they wouldn’t be with Reaves and Rui. And because of that, I don’t believe they are rebuilding. It looks like a Laker fan trade proposal.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Cleveland is in the second round of the playoffs with Mitchell, they wouldn’t be with Reaves and Rui. And because of that, I don’t believe they are rebuilding. It looks like a Laker fan trade proposal.

Dwight Howard asked out from playoff regular Orlando and wanted to go to perennial bottom-dwellers Nets just so he could play with Deron Williams and was ok being traded to the Lakers. Again, Mitchell would have to drive this process or it has practically no chance of happening.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

this all depends on if Mitchell asks to be traded or tells them he is not coming back next summer

its that simple to understand, guess not for flippers fans
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

I think the Jazz ending up with the 10th pick is the best thing to happen at the lottery. They are literally on the treadmill. Memphis was in the same situation with Pau back in the day. Ainge can bluster all he wants about getting 5 FRP's for Lauri but it isn't happening. They aren't going anywhere unless they end up with a top 3 pick in the next 2 drafts.

Lauri is sitting there fresh as a daisy at age 26 not exerting any energy in the playoffs. Meanwhile Donovan, a smaller guard, is on one leg trying to drag his team to wins which he's done for years now going back to Utah and their bubble team.

Also I doubt Trae is happening. If the Spurs want to pair him with Wemby they have the upperhand with 2 top 8 picks this year + the FRP's they already own from ATL.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

I think I might value a higher level guard than big...still want a big, but in terms of that big star we have a greater need at guard than the front court....I think it's going to be trae he seems like such a "laker" kind of player to get and I'm ok with it but probably need to retool need a better defending guard with him could be Max in worst case and a 3 who can hit the 3 pter with consistency and D up a tough ask with where we would be salary wise and this assumes Bron is the 4 which is realistically what he is now
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Unfortunately, that is the key as well. Mitchell needs to demand a trade to only the Lakers but needs to do it in a way that is not public and done in almost a pleading and respectful way - like what Steve Nash did to get signed and traded to LA when Robert Sarver did not even contemplate the idea and did not want to do it when he was first pitched the idea. If he does it publically that pisses of Gilbert, he may send Mitchell to another team and even take a lesser package (its (bleep) Dan Gilbert here) just to spite the Lakers and its not even like the Lakers could put the best offer together either. Mitchell would really have to drive this process and it would have to be done very sensitively

Nash was like 38 when the Suns traded him and Nash gave them like a decade of everything he had. Mitchell is 27 and has been in Cleveland two seasons and the Cavs traded a ton for him. They owe Mitchell absolutely nothing. If Mitchell wants out they shouldn't care at all where he wants to go and should simply take the best offer that they get. Whether that's the Lakers or not shouldn't matter to them. If Mitchell demands the Lakers and the Cavs pass up a better offer to oblige him the Cavs are idiots. If the Cavs take a worse offer to spite the Lakers they are also idiots.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

this all depends on if Mitchell asks to be traded or tells them he is not coming back next summer

I’ll type this slowly for you. The Cavs are having playoff success for the first time in a while so if Mitchell asks out and they comply with the request, they will look to trade for a player/players that can help keep that playoff success. That would eliminate Reaves and Rui. Especially considering Gilbert’s feelings toward the Lakers. Atlanta is likely rebuilding, I think they could have interest in Reaves and future draft picks.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Cleveland would entertain a Lebron for Donovan swap. Lebron has a cakewalk to the finals in the East and he can retire in Cleveland.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
I think the Jazz ending up with the 10th pick is the best thing to happen at the lottery. They are literally on the treadmill. Memphis was in the same situation with Pau back in the day. Ainge can bluster all he wants about getting 5 FRP's for Lauri but it isn't happening. They aren't going anywhere unless they end up with a top 3 pick in the next 2 drafts.

Lauri is sitting there fresh as a daisy at age 26 not exerting any energy in the playoffs. Meanwhile Donovan, a smaller guard, is on one leg trying to drag his team to wins which he's done for years now going back to Utah and their bubble team.

Also I doubt Trae is happening. If the Spurs want to pair him with Wemby they have the upperhand with 2 top 8 picks this year + the FRP's they already own from ATL.

I could see the Jazz trying to use their pick stockpile to try and bring in talent. I could see interest in their picks from the Clippers and Warriors. The Jazz will have competition for ticket sales for the first time next winter, a tanking team would likely have them losing that competition.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I wonder if Cleveland would entertain a Lebron for Donovan swap. Lebron has a cakewalk to the finals in the East and he can retire in Cleveland.

The Lakers would not entertain even if the Cavs would. They will 1000% ride LeBron out to retirement because the 150M they pay LeBron will generate 2-3x more of that money.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Nash was like 38 when the Suns traded him and Nash gave them like a decade of everything he had. Mitchell is 27 and has been in Cleveland two seasons and the Cavs traded a ton for him. They owe Mitchell absolutely nothing. If Mitchell wants out they shouldn't care at all where he wants to go and should simply take the best offer that they get. Whether that's the Lakers or not shouldn't matter to them. If Mitchell demands the Lakers and the Cavs pass up a better offer to oblige him the Cavs are idiots. If the Cavs take a worse offer to spite the Lakers they are also idiots.

Do you think potential trade partners would give up all their assets if Mitchell indicates he won't stay with them long term? That's the whole point. We've already seen this scenario play out with AD when the Pelicans didn't really want to deal with the Lakers but had no real alternative since AD had all the leverage.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."

Last edited by manlisten on Mon May 13, 2024 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Do you think potential trade partners would give up all their assets if Mitchell indicates he won't stay with them long term? That's the whole point.

The Cavs did.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Do you think potential trade partners would give up all their assets if Mitchell indicates he won't stay with them long term? That's the whole point.

The Cavs did.

Mitchell was on a 1 year deal when the Cavs traded for him? I'm sure you can recognize the difference in the 2 scenarios.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."

Last edited by manlisten on Mon May 13, 2024 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

Looks like NO is getting serious about parting with Ingram.
Quote:
“A growing belief league-wide that Pelicans will aggressively explore the trade market for Brandon Ingram before next season,”

New Orleans is going to aggressively try to trade him, reports NBA insider Marc Stein in his latest newsletter.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Gilbert gift wrapped LeBron/Danny to us by taking Nance and Clarkson’s contracts.

Yeah, weird to frame the Cavs of all teams as adversaries to the Lakers. Not in the same conference or division, zero rivalries.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:

I’ll type this slowly for you. The Cavs are having playoff success for the first time in a while so if Mitchell asks out and they comply with the request, they will look to trade for a player/players that can help keep that playoff success. That would eliminate Reaves and Rui. Especially considering Gilbert’s feelings toward the Lakers. Atlanta is likely rebuilding, I think they could have interest in Reaves and future draft picks.

just like how fat harden requested a trade only to flippers and went to your flippers, stars decide where they go. not hard to understand
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
“A growing belief league-wide that Pelicans will aggressively explore the trade market for Brandon Ingram before next season,”

New Orleans is going to aggressively try to trade him, reports NBA insider Marc Stein in his latest newsletter.

Will be interesting to see what they’ll get. Personally, I would view him as a negative asset.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Will be interesting to see what they’ll get. Personally, I would view him as a negative asset.

wow, he will be paid 36m next year. good luck to whoever will trade and give assets for him
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

They should. Ingram isn't a good fit with Zion. Pelicans need a playmaking scoring point guard.

Ingram would be a fit on a team like Memphis. Him next to Morant, Bane and JJ would be really good.

Morant
Bane
Ingram
Jaren Jackson Jr.

They would just need a Center. Maybe Jonas back?
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2604, 2605, 2606 ... 2674, 2675, 2676  Next
Page 2605 of 2676
Jump to: