NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2603, 2604, 2605 ... 2674, 2675, 2676  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
This might be my brain pattern matching something that isn't there but I think it's a little suspicious NO got AD right when Paul asked out, the Cavs got 3 1sts in 4 years after LeBron left, NO got Zion right as AD was asking out, and now Atlanta got the #1 pick on low odds right as Trae Young is most likely on his way out.

Was thinking the same thing....ah the NBA, where conspiracy theories are built every year
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Rockets are likely to make the No. 3 overall pick available in trade discussions for a win-now piece, per @wojespn.

After aggressively pursuing him at the trade deadline, don’t be surprised if Houston circles back around with the Nets on Mikal Bridges.

What do you think Dreamshake? Pretty funny considering that No.3 pick was originally Nets. lol

It makes sense to trade for a vet. This is a lot of young players:

Sengun - 21
Green - 22
Smith - 21
Thompson - 21
Eason - 23
Whitmore - 19
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
Why would the Spurs do that? I’d rather keep 4/8, and all the high picks in 25-27 bc the Hawks are going to suck. Trae Young isn’t worth 5 first round picks

Because it's a weak draft and the Hawks play in the East, so those picks may not suck.

I did a Donovan Mitchell primer of sorts last night, and I didn't mention Houston. I mean, they do have draft picks, and they do want to make the playoffs again sooner rather than later. Jalen Green would be a player I could see the Cavs having interest in. Of course, Houston would need to trade more salary. The only possible match there I see is Dillon Brooks, though. I guess I could throw Houston's hat into the ring if Mitchell is made available, maybe Brooks/Green and some FRP? I could actually see Mitchell being satisfied with Houston as a big-enough city. Green only has one more year before he'd need to get paid, though, and Brooks is already overpaid, so I'm not sure if the Cavs would go for it, but I'm curious to see if Houston fans have even talked about the idea of getting Mitchell. Even if y'all think he's an on-court fit, I wonder how that fanbase feels about the possibility that he could be a flight risk to leave after next season.

His future contract is not appealing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
Why would the Spurs do that? I’d rather keep 4/8, and all the high picks in 25-27 bc the Hawks are going to suck. Trae Young isn’t worth 5 first round picks

Because it's a weak draft and the Hawks play in the East, so those picks may not suck.

I did a Donovan Mitchell primer of sorts last night, and I didn't mention Houston. I mean, they do have draft picks, and they do want to make the playoffs again sooner rather than later. Jalen Green would be a player I could see the Cavs having interest in. Of course, Houston would need to trade more salary. The only possible match there I see is Dillon Brooks, though. I guess I could throw Houston's hat into the ring if Mitchell is made available, maybe Brooks/Green and some FRP? I could actually see Mitchell being satisfied with Houston as a big-enough city. Green only has one more year before he'd need to get paid, though, and Brooks is already overpaid, so I'm not sure if the Cavs would go for it, but I'm curious to see if Houston fans have even talked about the idea of getting Mitchell. Even if y'all think he's an on-court fit, I wonder how that fanbase feels about the possibility that he could be a flight risk to leave after next season.

Your fanbase has issues with eventually paying him a full max? At age 28, which he'll be after next season? Interesting. As a Laker fan who badly wants us to acquire him, I hope other teams are scared off for whatever reason.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 10:38 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

Your fanbase has issues with eventually paying him a full max? At age 28, which he'll be after next season? Interesting. As a Laker fan who badly wants us to acquire him, I hope other teams are scared off for whatever reason.

That's why they are the rockets. No problem paying FVV and Dillon but scared to pay real star 😂
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 pm    Post subject:

If it’s a fait accompli we are trading 17 and our other firsts, it better be in a DMitch deal

I can’t see it being worth it for anyone else
#18 next...
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I have not seen any team’s rumored interest in Dangelo Russell as a target free agent. I have not even seen the Lakers having interest in re-signing Dangelo as a free agent. I recall last off-season everyone here was worried that Houston would sign Dangelo to a massive contract. Houston signed Fred Vanvleet and Dillion Brooks. This off-season, everyone here is worried that San Antonio will sign Dangelo to a massive contract. San Antonio is rumored in a trade for Trae Young and signing Malik Monk.

Dangelo bet on himself and then didn’t deliver in the WCF rematch — he (bleep) the bed again and got his coach fired.

clips gonna get dlo for the vet min

I could see DLo signing with Memphis. If you are an NBA team and are starting DLo, you have to pair him with a super athletic PG and Ja Morant is that.

Morant
Russell
Bane
GG Jackson
Jaren Jackson

That would be a pretty good team. They could then move Marcus Smart back to off the bench.

So they gonna pay Morant 36M, Bane 34M, Smart 20M and Dlo 20M?

What?

Yeah. The cap is going up. Do you see what the super max guys are going to be making soon? 50-60 mil per year. Memphis doesn’t have any of those so they can spread it out
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 am    Post subject:

Mitchell is the new Kyrie. Only guy who makes sense to go all in. As for Young or Murray it doesnt make sense. Not just them being not enough we also wouldn't able to trade DLO and both of them are not good fit with him.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:48 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
If it’s a fait accompli we are trading 17 and our other firsts, it better be in a DMitch deal

I can’t see it being worth it for anyone else

If ATL is moving Trae (assuming multi picks from Spurs), won’t mind moving both #17 and JHS with S&T DLo for DeJountae
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Mitchell is the new Kyrie. Only guy who makes sense to go all in.

Donovan is playing at an all-nba level. I’d say both Donovan and Kyrie are all-nba second team players, like Dwayne Wade caliber, above all-nba third team players, like Ray Allen caliber, below all-nba first team players, like Kobe Bryant caliber. We might squeak out a title with Donovan as the lead guy, but not a dynasty.

I don’t know the market for Donovan. Rumors to New York, but Jalen Brunson is playing at a level beyond Donovan. Jalen is playing at an Allen Iverson circa 2001 level.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Mitchell is the new Kyrie. Only guy who makes sense to go all in. As for Young or Murray it doesnt make sense. Not just them being not enough we also wouldn't able to trade DLO and both of them are not good fit with him.

Agree. Mitchell is actually this cross of Kyrie and Wade- in terms of size, athleticism, and game. LeBron knows how to work with that and it fits AD perfectly. He's every bit on the level of Jamal Murray - if not better - and those 3 can win a title together. IMO, he's the one likely available player who is worth going all in on if he's willing to stay long term. Dude is only 27 so maximize LeBron's window but you also get him and AD + cap space once LeBron is gone which will surely attract someone else to join them.

I imagine the best offer we could cobble together would be something like Reaves, Rui, JHS, 17th, 29 1st, 31 1st, 26 & 28 swap rights.

It's a lot - and I'm a Reaves stan - so easy to understand why the cost might be too high but I guess that depends on what else can you do outside of that trade. What other moves could justify it? Can you S&T D'lo? Can we steal some guys on minimum deals? Will someone take under their value and sign for the tMLE?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

That's why they are the rockets. No problem paying FVV and Dillon but scared to pay real star 😂

The FVV deal has a team option after next season which makes it a huge expiring. The Dillon deal is the baby max that declines each year. Both were signed when the team had to spend $$ to meet the salary floor, when everyone was on a rookie deal. Mitchell can become a free agent and his new deal with be 50M plus, and ow it's time to start paying the kids.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:30 am    Post subject:

Garland an all star before spida went to cavs iirc, took a back seat. Mitchell is not a wallflower. Who takes a step back if we sign him? Hopefully it wouldn’t be AD
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:06 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
levon wrote:
This might be my brain pattern matching something that isn't there but I think it's a little suspicious NO got AD right when Paul asked out, the Cavs got 3 1sts in 4 years after LeBron left, NO got Zion right as AD was asking out, and now Atlanta got the #1 pick on low odds right as Trae Young is most likely on his way out.

Was thinking the same thing....ah the NBA, where conspiracy theories are built every year

And with most conspiracy theories, when asked how it is achieved you get silence.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Garland an all star before spida went to cavs iirc, took a back seat. Mitchell is not a wallflower. Who takes a step back if we sign him? Hopefully it wouldn’t be AD

apple to orange imo. both Garland and Michell are perimeter players, so naturally one of them with lesser talent had to give up ball handling to the other. not the same with AD, Mitchell won't affect AD's game, LeBron may take a back seat if he's willing to to fit Spida in.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:15 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

It would be AD or Mitchell, something I don’t see Mitchell signing up for. As long as Lebron is here I don’t see any star willing to be the third banana. You get no praise if it works and the blame if it doesn’t. And Lebron will be here as long as he wants.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject:

I'd probably do that trade for Mitchell if it were on the table

You'd have I guess base of

C - AD/Wood
PF - Vando
SF - LBJ
SG - DM/ Max
PG - Gabe

I think Gabe will have a bounce back year, he is definitely better than what we saw and vando in that stretch he was healthy was pretty awesome, it would be much more defensive focus starting 5, but DM is still one of those players who can erupt for big games
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

i'm all for going all in for Mitchell. however, every teams knows that too and will try to block Lakers getting a star in middle of his prime. the Laker tax will be alive for sure this summer.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject:

yeah that's probably true, I think it will be tricky for the Lakers to land some of these "big named" players, will be interesting to see how it plays out
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:

It would be AD or Mitchell, something I don’t see Mitchell signing up for. As long as Lebron is here I don’t see any star willing to be the third banana. You get no praise if it works and the blame if it doesn’t. And Lebron will be here as long as he wants.

It would be laughable if AD was the Bosh.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

Mitchell isn't D'lo. He'd be the 1st option on the Lakers. Good to see people here finally realizing how good he is.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i'm all for going all in for Mitchell. however, every teams knows that too and will try to block Lakers getting a star in middle of his prime. the Laker tax will be alive for sure this summer.

We are almost a laughing stock. Team should want us to get a 3rd star knowing how that doesn’t work today.
Bron 50m
Ad 40+m
Spida- soon to be 40m
Knowing Jeanie’s spending habits, imagine the trash around those guys. 2 of which will be coming from the Olympics
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I'd probably do that trade for Mitchell if it were on the table

You'd have I guess base of

C - AD/Wood
PF - Vando
SF - LBJ
SG - DM/ Max
PG - Gabe

I think Gabe will have a bounce back year, he is definitely better than what we saw and vando in that stretch he was healthy was pretty awesome, it would be much more defensive focus starting 5, but DM is still one of those players who can erupt for big games

Minority here but look at the bench...you dont have one. You got two forwards playing Center....you bring Hayes back and its no better..smh. The NBA is telling teams via the CBA to STOP the 3 all star stuff and we going to do it anyway? How is that going for PHX? Also to top it off LBJ will prob take more "load manageing" games off and AD is one hit in the head or falling on the ground from missing games,,smh. Hey! Dont let logic stop this team from living in Lalaland...smh. Because if it doesnt work...You have no picks or moves to really bail you out of this.....

oohhh wait if this doesnt work umm what will be the response from fans...
FIRE ROB! ITS HIS FAULT....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Mitchell isn't D'lo. He'd be the 1st option on the Lakers. Good to see people here finally realizing how good he is.

I guess if you believe that Lebron won’t return. He likely does and will always be the first option.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If Trae Young doesn’t feel the Hawks are planning to put a competitive team around him this offseason, there will be serious conversations about his future with the organization, per @ShamsCharania on @RunItBackFDTV.

Dialogue between Young and the Hawks is expected to begin this week and continue leading up to draft night.

The pressure is officially on in Atlanta.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2603, 2604, 2605 ... 2674, 2675, 2676  Next
Page 2604 of 2676
Jump to: