NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2600, 2601, 2602 ... 2639, 2640, 2641  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Why wouldn’t Mitchel just stay in Cleveland? If they added a bench they should compete in the East right?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Why wouldn’t Mitchel just stay in Cleveland? If they added a bench they should compete in the East right?

Don't really see a path to contention for Cleveland outside of Garland becoming the next Lillard and Mobley becoming AD. They need to refactor.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

The word seems to be that he doesn't want to sign long-term there. In other words, he doesn't want to live in Cleveland for the next 6 years and is a big city/bright lights kind of guy. I suppose he could be one of those guys who tries to sign with the incumbent team using the Bird rights so he gets the bigger payday and THEN tries to force his way out, but we'll see.

Despite the surprise win in Game 2 of this series, unless this series proves to be truly competitive, my guess is that the Cavs move him because I don't think he wants to re-up.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

The word seems to be that he doesn't want to sign long-term there. In other words, he doesn't want to live in Cleveland for the next 6 years and is a big city/bright lights kind of guy. I suppose he could be one of those guys who tries to sign with the incumbent team using the Bird rights so he gets the bigger payday and THEN tries to force his way out, but we'll see.

Despite the surprise win in Game 2 of this series, unless this series proves to be truly competitive, my guess is that the Cavs move him because I don't think he wants to re-up.

Cavs lost the Markannen for Mitchell trade. Should have kept Markannen, Sexton, and their picks and tanked another year or two.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Cavs lost the Markannen for Mitchell trade. Should have kept Markannen, Sexton, and their picks and tanked another year or two.

They took a shot. And they will likely at least recoup some of the assets they lost, if they deal him. I honestly can't fault them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Would be funny if we signed Mitchell. I think that would make us one of the only 3 star teams.

We are stuck. We are so void of talent that we need a tier 1 guy. However all of the elite teams are built to beat top heavy teams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Imagine having Ingram over guys like Cam and Rui as your 3-D wing that’s a major Improvement, if he gets rid of the lingering injury issues he’s gonna be great for any team

BI and 3&D do not belong in the same sentence

He’s still a very good player he just needs to stay healthy

I never said he's not a 'very good player' nor did I comment on his healthy.

You said "as [our] 3-D wing". I alluded to the fact that he's not a 3&D player. Allude means to suggest. I, as well as many others, have stated our opinion that Ingram is not the right fit. You keep regurgitating this line that he's a good player over and over.

But again, you either don't watch basketball or can't help but want a trade so much that you just say whatever completely false thought that comes across your mind.

I apologize if I didn’t put the right context but he will still make a difference just like Trae would or any star player we acquire
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Would be funny if we signed Mitchell. I think that would make us one of the only 3 star teams.

We are stuck. We are so void of talent that we need a tier 1 guy. However all of the elite teams are built to beat top heavy teams.

It’s because we have had almost zero player development. Most teams either draft their stars or draft their role players. They build a culture and an ecosystem. Us, on the other hand, either let good ones walk (AC), or don’t play them at all since OMG it’s the LeBron window we can’t wait on 20 year olds (Max / White Castle) ! If it wasn’t for the RW missed playoff year who knows if AR would have got the playing time to develop and showcase his talents.

The result is we take flyers on other teams lottery rejects. The reclamation stories. Of course the problem with that is they are rejects for a reason and most of the time they don’t work out (Troy Brown / Lonnie / etc). Even if they do work out, we don’t have their bird rights so we can’t pay them and they leave (Monk). Rinse and repeat.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Don't really see a path to contention for Cleveland outside of Garland becoming the next Lillard and Mobley becoming AD. They need to refactor.

Garland and Jarrett Allen are both expendable on that team. Cavs can absolutely improve and there's a strong chance they are a top 3 team in the East going forward with the Bucks declining.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
levon wrote:

Garland and Jarrett Allen are both expendable on that team. Cavs can absolutely improve and there's a strong chance they are a top 3 team in the East going forward with the Bucks declining.

If Cavs want more offensive fire power at the 3/4, I would offer them Rui for Jarrett Allaen.

Straight up works.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
I am ok to trade Everything for Don Mitchell.

Then you'll be going straight to the lottery.

Again, the "three max stars no depth" stuff isn't going to work.

When you think Don Mitchell or Kyrie, it's usually with the thoughts that the depth is also in tact, which is a different story altogether.

But the harsh reality is if you got Dom Mitchell or Kyrie you lose everyone else

You get AD, LeBron, Kyrie/Donovan and maybe Max Christie and Christian Wood and Taurean Prince. And everyone else is gone, and you have a bunch of vets mins filling out the rest of the roster. No Vando, no Rui, no AR. And without them, we're back to being a lotto team with top heavy names that will sell tickets maybe, but won't win more than 35-40 games.

With them we were an 8 seed play-in team. You either run it back with the same team that is a year older or you hope to squeeze one more season out of Lebron and AD with a third younger player to take some of the pressure off of them. Will we ever see 140 combined games from them again? Lots of questions that will need to be answered. My only strong feeling is to keep every first round draft pick we have and draft the BPA independent of position. Go into the future with some strength.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
levon wrote:

If Cavs want more offensive fire power at the 3/4, I would offer them Rui for Jarrett Allaen.

Straight up works.

jarrett allen: 16.5 pts, 10.5 reb
rui: 13.6 pts, 4.3 reb

what am i missing? lol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
levon wrote:

Straight up works.

what am i missing? lol

Not a bad thought, Rui can stretch and play alongside Mobley. Wouldn’t mind having Jarrett Allen-AD defensive unit
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 am    Post subject:

It’s Cleveland.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
levon wrote:

Straight up works.

what am i missing? lol

Nothing. Allen’s advanced stats are absurd. Especially on overall team stats. He’s statically one of the best non all stars in the league. He’ll require multiple firsts.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

Regarding Dlo's market value, if you were a non cap room team who wanted him long term, you deal for him deadline to gain his bird rights. Those teams didn't. If you are a cap room team, the question becomes what your priorities are. Russell is a starting level guard who has some clear deficiencies (defense, finishing at the rim, chronic inconsistency, some locker room issues, trends in the wrong direction in the playoffs).

Free agency typically has teams talking themselves into things. We will see.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

I have not seen any team’s rumored interest in Dangelo Russell as a target free agent. I have not even seen the Lakers having interest in re-signing Dangelo as a free agent. I recall last off-season everyone here was worried that Houston would sign Dangelo to a massive contract. Houston signed Fred Vanvleet and Dillion Brooks. This off-season, everyone here is worried that San Antonio will sign Dangelo to a massive contract. San Antonio is rumored in a trade for Trae Young and signing Malik Monk.

Dangelo bet on himself and then didn’t deliver in the WCF rematch — he (bleep) the bed again and got his coach fired.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Spurs might bring in a veteran point guard to "help a young point guard to grow" says the @espn lottery broadcast ... just as written here in this April 20th piece: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-nba-playoffs-are-here-and-so

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1789734604800135323

D'Lo? CP3?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Spurs might bring in a veteran point guard to "help a young point guard to grow" says the @espn lottery broadcast ... just as written here in this April 20th piece: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/the-nba-playoffs-are-here-and-so

D'Lo? CP3?

Pretty sure they value CP3’s steady veteran presence over DLO’s offensive talent
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

D'Lo? CP3?

Trae Young.

You’ll get a laugh at this. Malcolm Brogdon.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Houston Rockets can trade up to 5 first-round picks this offseason, including the third overall selection in the 2024 Draft.

They were pursuing big trades ahead of the trade deadline. They’re now in an even better position to make one this summer.

Let's see what big fish they tryna get.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

Hawks get the #1 pick.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject:

San Antonio has the #4 pick and #8 pick. Do they trade those picks for Trae Young?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
San Antonio has the #4 pick and #8 pick. Do they trade those picks for Trae Young?

I hope so.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

The Rockets and Sixers are going to really improve their teams this off season. I am pulling for the Sixers because if Boston does not win it this year, they never will.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2600, 2601, 2602 ... 2639, 2640, 2641  Next
Page 2601 of 2641
Jump to: