The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2112, 2113, 2114  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

What happened to giving a week? ROFL. Well played Bron. Well played. You got everything you wanted and embarrassed Rob/Jeanie. Perhaps they deserved it. I don’t know.

AND embarrassed Lakerland in the process; well played?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:57 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Welp, it’s official- the Lebron farewell tour has begun.

can't wait. I mean, for him to leave
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:00 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Hammett wrote:

can't wait. I mean, for him to leave

Then it’ll be followed by AD, KD, 40 year old Steph curry’s retirement tours in purple and gold. We’re set for the next 10 years.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:

Started years ago
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

What happened to giving a week? ROFL. Well played Bron. Well played. You got everything you wanted and embarrassed Rob/Jeanie. Perhaps they deserved it. I don’t know.

AND embarrassed Lakerland in the process; well played?

Well played for team LeBron. Not Lakerland.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
They even throw in the No Trade Clause.

Great off-season for LeBron, they did everything but name the arena after him.

basically !

No trade clause doesn't matter. If we we trade AD for picks, LBJ won't stay
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

Let's be real here. The Lebron farewell tour, or the Lebron clown show to be more accurate, started after the Westbrook trade. Everything we're seeing right now is the result of the Klutch and LeBron cabal running the show, calling the shots, and using their goons in the media to cover for the Bronny pick. A joke, a circus, and a travesty. Jeanie should be ashamed of herself for allowing it to get this bad, and Rob is nothing but a yes man and a simp for Bron, as highlighted by the 4 yr / 80 million dollar offer to Klay. What a tool.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

I too can't wait for Lebron to retire so everyone can finally see how truly inept Rob and Jeanie are, and how much better things were with Lebron/Klutch "calling the shots."
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I too can't wait for Lebron to retire so everyone can finally see how truly inept Rob and Jeanie are, and how much better things were with Lebron/Klutch "calling the shots."

Rob and Jeanie are incompetent at every level, but they weren't the ones who broke up a championship core for Westbrook.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Let's be real here. The Lebron farewell tour, or the Lebron clown show to be more accurate, started after the Westbrook trade. Everything we're seeing right now is the result of the Klutch and LeBron cabal running the show, calling the shots, and using their goons in the media to cover for the Bronny pick. A joke, a circus, and a travesty. Jeanie should be ashamed of herself for allowing it to get this bad, and Rob is nothing but a yes man and a simp for Bron, as highlighted by the 4 yr / 80 million dollar offer to Klay. What a tool.

There we go. This is why no one wants to come here. When things dont go right, rabid Laker Nation demands a blood sacrifice.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the "Lebron/Klutch run the Lakers" crew, as to why we're still holding onto the future picks if that's the case.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

<snip>

Rob and Jeanie are incompetent at every level, but they weren't the ones who broke up a championship core for Westbrook.

Even if we accept Lebron drove that decision it still means Jeanie/Rob were spinelessly complicit.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

There we go. This is why no one wants to come here. When things dont go right, rabid Laker Nation demands a blood sacrifice.

I'm sorry but Lebron is here and high profile players still don't want to come. He went all in on recruiting Klay, only for him to take less and play with Luka. They were willing to sacrifice Dlo for it. Am I missing something?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

I'm sorry but Lebron is here and high profile players still don't want to come. He went all in on recruiting Klay, only for him to take less and play with Luka. Am I missing something?

Yea the complete details… Rob offered Klay a contract he can’t deliver. Lakers didn’t have $20m unless they salary dump DLO… Warriors didn’t want DLO, they wanted cash TPE for tax relief. Rob was unable dump DLO on another team.

How is that Lebron’s fault? Also what high profile player are you talking about, specially with no capspace? Derozan was willing to come here. But even that is not an easy deal to make happen. It require Rob moving salaries.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

I'm sorry but Lebron is here and high profile players still don't want to come. He went all in on recruiting Klay, only for him to take less and play with Luka. They were willing to sacrifice Dlo for it. Am I missing something?

I think you're forgetting that even before Bron came, we struck out in extremely embarrassing fashion year after year on marquee FAs. Players are smarter and more informed than ever, so it's obvious to most that the Lakers as an organization don't have their (bleep) together, and haven't for a decade. Nobody buys the crap that Jeannie peddles about the Laker brand and legacy, when they know she's an inept owner who doesn't know how to run a basketball team, doesn't/can't match the spending power of other teams run by much wealthier/smarter owners than her, and gives a voice/power to other equally unqualified individuals in the FO. All of that isn't magically going to change when Bron retires...
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

I'm sorry but Lebron is here and high profile players still don't want to come. He went all in on recruiting Klay, only for him to take less and play with Luka. Am I missing something?

Yea the complete details… Rob offered Klay a contract he can’t deliver. Lakers didn’t have $20m unless they salary dump DLO… Warriors didn’t want DLO, they wanted cash TPE for tax relief.

How is that Lebron’s fault? Also what high profile player are you talking about, specially with no capspace? Derozan was willing to come here. But even that is not an easy deal to make happen. It require Rob moving salaries.

Rob needed a roster slot and salary relief. If LeBron was really willing to take less than the max to get Klay that would have addressed salary issue,. If Bronny were on a two-way contract, I think that would have addressed the roster slot.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Yea the complete details… Rob offered Klay a contract he can’t deliver. Lakers didn’t have $20m unless they salary dump DLO… Warriors didn’t want DLO, they wanted cash TPE for tax relief. Rob was unable dump DLO on another team.

Fair point regarding the cap issues and Warriors not wanting Dlo, but my point still stands. Is it realistic for Lebron to take a paycut and then expect Harden/DeRozan to sign for the MLE or significantly less than what other teams offered them? Those are the kinds of players he was demanding. Why not sign JV then and then promise him a more pronounced role on the team? That's why he went to the Wizards. Bron wants the "high profile" names, just like with Westbrook, so he's missing the forest for the trees in this scenario.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

Big Game James rolling over is his grave
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Yea the complete details… Rob offered Klay a contract he can’t deliver. Lakers didn’t have $20m unless they salary dump DLO… Warriors didn’t want DLO, they wanted cash TPE for tax relief.

Rob needed a roster slot and salary relief. If LeBron was really willing to take less than the max to get Klay that would have addressed salary issue,. If Bronny were on a two-way contract, I think that would have addressed the roster slot.

That’s part of the issue also. This comes down to Rob handing out vet min signings player options. Which all of them ended up opting in. We all know Lebron was not going to take a $30m paycut. Just enough for the mle, there were really no needle movers going to sign for that.

Bronny was not all Lebron also… Jeanie saw the $$$ signs on that low cost pick.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

Why do the pro Bron folks think the anti Bron folks like myself are implicitly team Rob/Jeanie?

I hate them all. The Lakers need a power enema. Clean these turds out. All of them. Bron, Klutch, Rich; Rob; Jeanie, Rambi. F all them fools. The only people who have shown any brains have been the younger Buss brothers from another mother. They have scouted and drafted very well over the last 10-15 years. Have they struck out? Of course, but on average they have been great.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Fair point regarding the cap issues and Warriors not wanting Dlo, but my point still stands. Is it realistic for Lebron to take a paycut and then expect Harden/DeRozan to sign for the MLE or significantly less than what other teams offered them? Those are the kinds of players he was demanding. Why not sign JV then and then promise him a more pronounced role on the team? That's why he went to the Wizards. Bron wants the "high profile" names, just like with Westbrook, so he's missing the forest for the trees in this scenario.

We knew those guys were not taking the mle. But that mle money would have taken most of that hit of those contracts. Once again this comes down on Rob on being creative here. Same with the Derozan deal.

As far as JV, do we even know he wanted to come here? Did Rob even made a call to JV to offer him a deal? We dont know…

I don’t even think we have enough capspace to sign Klay, even if Lebron left or signed for the vet min. MaxC signing ate up some the cap also.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

Two years is better than three. Unless after two, he asks Jeanie for another two years. It's reasonable to assume he'll have one good year, so at most you are trapped into one bad year.

I think what happened is that all the eggs were in the Klay basket.

Everyone just naturally assumed Klay would pick LA, including myself.

My new theory is that maybe Klay enjoys being on the road where he can f&ck Instagram models unimpeded by a father who he loves, but who would also cramp his style. With Bron getting old and JJ as the coach, it feels like he'd get more looks and have more importance on our team, but who knows.

I did want Klay at the MLE, but 4 years/80 million plus losing DLo was not a good deal. If you got him with the MLE, it was like getting him for free because Bron was going take the money anyway so you literally had nothing to lose.

We also haven't blown the picks yet. If we keep the picks this won't be much different than when we had Kobe his last two years, except this team is way more competitive and 40 year old Bron is way more useful than post Achilles Kobe.

So I'm good seeing what this team can do with Knecht, and I'm fine with the team that went 22-10 over gutting it for DeMar or Jerami.

If a fair price trade comes up before the deadline, then maybe you do it, but one thing I can say about Rob is he didn't make a bad deal other than the one where again he was pressured by Bron to finish.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Why do the pro Bron folks think the anti Bron folks like myself are implicitly team Rob/Jeanie?

I hate them all. The Lakers need a power enema. Clean these turds out. All of them. Bron, Klutch, Rich; Rob; Jeanie, Rambi. F all them fools. The only people who have shown any brains have been the younger Buss brothers from another mother. They have scouted and drafted very well over the last 10-15 years. Have they struck out? Of course, but on average they have been great.

I am on record as being "pro Bron" during his time here (he won us a title after all), but I was ready for the LeBron era to end as he is now 40 years old so a max contract extension was not what I wanted to see.

I never said people that don't appreciate what LeBron has done here are necessarily pro Jeanie and Rob. My argument is that if LeBron never came here, the evidence shows that Jeanie and Rob would not have gotten us title #17 and we would more likely be an early exit playoff team at best going by how we have drafted, general talent assessment, and roster construction.

I think people need to realize that just being the Lakers does not guarantee winning anymore and that has been obvious since Jerry West was pushed out by Jeanie and Phil. West was the one responsible (or at least laid the groundwork) for the dynasties we had in the 80's and 00's and why we think the Lakers are destined to win titles all the time.

But with West gone and the new CBA, people should not just count on titles coming our way simply because we are the Lakers.

I think many people hate LeBron and don't really care about the 2020 title because somehow they think we would have won without him in the same time frame simply because it's the Lakers, and that is straight up ludicrous to me.

But yeah, we are now in the downswing part of a short title window, which was what Jeanie and Rob signed up for when we got him in his 30's. He got us AD and a title, but now we are most likely done until he and AD leave and we go back to the lottery and hope to draft a Jokic, Curry/Klay, Tatum/Brown, Giannis, Doncic, or Wemby.

Most teams will never draft one of those guys and thus never win a title.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

I understand why FAs so far have decided to get bigger contracts than the Lakers can offer.

The one I do find puzzling though is Chris Paul. He is Lebron’s BFF and Bronny’s godfather. Yet he chooses to go to Spurs?

Hmmm…
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I understand why FAs so far have decided to get bigger contracts than the Lakers can offer.

The one I do find puzzling though is Chris Paul. He is Lebron’s BFF and Bronny’s godfather. Yet he chooses to go to Spurs?

Hmmm…

Wouldn't want Paul.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2112, 2113, 2114  Next
Page 2113 of 2114
Jump to: