The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2110, 2111, 2112, 2113, 2114  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
^ I call BS. This is Bron BS media tactics. He knows the Lakers can’t do anything significant with Gabe Vincent money. This is all for show. When it doesn’t work out and he takes the max he can point to this and say seeee I tried to help the Lakers after they hired the guy I wanted for a coach and made my sons dream come true (like the spoiled little brat who gets a pony for her birthday), but they failed.

I stand corrected Miggz, it “is” an all time low, we don’t have to wait for “was” as it’s happened in now. My bad, you were right.

@Kfkilla, if LBJ offers and Rob fails that’s on Rob…not LBJ…saying that nothing can be done with the MLE is a cop out smelling of hater cologne. Then devaluing it to Vincent money that’s ~$2m lower than MLE to fake the impact puts the narrative in an all time low status.

That didn’t last long right… Funny predictable at this point. 😂😂😂
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject:

It will only end when Bron is gone

In all seriousness, I’m definitely not a Bron guy, but I will be incredibly appreciative if he does this.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see a blast move with Lebron taking a major pay cut.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Like DLo/JHS/Gabe/Wood/Cam for CP3/Looney, cut CP3/Looney, Bron for MLE, PG13 max?
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

If Rob can't get Andre Drummond or Jonas Valanciunas to sign for the MLE he needs to be fired.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
If Rob can't get Andre Drummond or Jonas Valanciunas to sign for the MLE he needs to be fired.

I mean what can he do? He can offer it and they say no. Do you want him to hold a gun to their head and be like you HAVE to take only our money?
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

I mean what can he do? He can offer it and they say no. Do you want him to hold a gun to their head and be like you HAVE to take only our money?

Zero teams with a shot at competing for the NBA championship are going to offer the more than the MLE.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ribeye wrote:
LeBron willing to take less to allow full MLE--for the right guy?

That would piss off the Union.

What did the Union say when Tim Duncan took less money in his final few seasons?

They weren’t happy

Taking paycuts helps the team but ya, not a good look amongst the players. And Lebron has lead the charge of taking power away from owners/teams and giving it to the players.

I’d imagine Lebron taking a paycut won’t sit well with his peers.

I disagree.
This is year 21 for Lebron, not year 10.
He’s worth over a billion dollars.
He has been paid like $750 million in salary.
He has that right to get an haircut without controversy.
He’s a different animal altogether.
I welcome a reduced pay to help the team improve the roster.

Not a single peer will complain.
Duncan did it.
Dirk did it.

Two of the greatest, most respected players ever.

All they you just said isn’t comparable. Bron generates money and views, he puts butts in seats … dirk and Tim didn’t .. he will have a (bleep) ton of hate fir a cut by his union
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject:

He is not worth the max at this age...its stupid giving up anything close to a max now. That's not how any of the well run franchises operate. Lakers ended up winning 17 winning games when they claimed they can build a contender by maxing Kobe.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ribeye wrote:

What did the Union say when Tim Duncan took less money in his final few seasons?

They weren’t happy

Taking paycuts helps the team but ya, not a good look amongst the players. And Lebron has lead the charge of taking power away from owners/teams and giving it to the players.

I disagree.

Duncan did it.
Dirk did it.

All they you just said isn’t comparable. Bron generates money and views, he puts butts in seats … dirk and Tim didn’t .. he will have a (bleep) ton of hate fir a cut by his union

Lets say Lakers dont offer him the max...what will Lebron do? Will he go join the Detroit Pistons on a max? Morey is not stupid to give him a 3 year max.

Riley did not offer any real contracts to D Wade until he came back on a veteran minimum and they kept filling seats fine without D Wade. Wade bounced around with Chicago and Cleveland on middling contracts before coming back to Miami on a minimum deal.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ribeye wrote:

They weren’t happy

I disagree.

Duncan did it.
Dirk did it.

Lets say Lakers dont offer him the max...what will Lebron do? Will he go join the Detroit Pistons on a max? Morey is not stupid to give him a 3 year max.

Riley did not offer any real contracts to D Wade until he came back on a veteran minimum and they kept filling seats fine without D Wade. Wade bounced around with Chicago and Cleveland on middling contracts before coming back to Miami on a minimum deal.

What middling contact contract did wade take from Chicago? He agreed to 2 years and 47M from Chicago. The Bulls bought him out and paid him most his money and he took a vet min because of it when he went to Cleveland because he was eating that second year bulls guarantee. He got a raise when he went to Chicago over what the heat paid the year before and what they offered

And they didn’t fill seats fine or get tv coverage like they had gotten when he left. Hell wade made the playoffs and they didn’t 😂.

And let’s be real here, wade isn’t Bron. No one not named Steph in the nba is Bron as a draw
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:52 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Maybe the Lakers can get Klay Thompson now
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:47 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
^ I call BS. This is Bron BS media tactics. He knows the Lakers can’t do anything significant with Gabe Vincent money. This is all for show. When it doesn’t work out and he takes the max he can point to this and say seeee I tried to help the Lakers after they hired the guy I wanted for a coach and made my sons dream come true (like the spoiled little brat who gets a pony for her birthday), but they failed.

I think you are on to something. I was just reading that LJ wants his contract resolved before he leaves for USA basketball on July 6th. I doubt anything happens.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:28 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

I think you are on to something. I was just reading that LJ wants his contract resolved before he leaves for USA basketball on July 6th. I doubt anything happens.
of course he wants it resolved for sheer insurance purposes
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

of course he wants it resolved for sheer insurance purposes

But that makes no sense. This will only make him look bad in the eyes of fans if he doesn't take a pay cut now. It's going to look real bad. It's going to make him look like a phony. Just say nothing if you don't want to take a pay cut.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:39 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

It's typical Rich Paul. Using the media for a fake narrative for Lebron.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:06 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
He is not worth the max at this age...its stupid giving up anything close to a max now. That's not how any of the well run franchises operate. Lakers ended up winning 17 winning games when they claimed they can build a contender by maxing Kobe.

Paul George is going to get a max
Lebron is still >>> PG
by quite a bit actually
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:09 am    Post subject:

Everyone seems to think they know what is going on in LeBron's head. I know I don't but I can see logic in his alleged decision.

What might LeBron prefer:

A) A net worth of $1.02B
B) A net worth of $1.00B + one more ring (or at least a better chance at it)

I will guess B.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

It's taken less than 12 hours for the haters to start spinning.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

The haters are truly something else. The ball is in Robs court now. Get someone worth Lebron taking a discount for. If Rob can’t, I don’t blame Lebron for taking the max.

Who in the right mind would turn down money for no reason lol? Give Lebron a GOOD reason Rob….
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Everyone seems to think they know what is going on in LeBron's head. I know I don't but I can see logic in his alleged decision.

What might LeBron prefer:

A) A net worth of $1.02B
B) A net worth of $1.00B + one more ring (or at least a better chance at it)

I will guess B.

It's not just the money.

If he gave up some salary, it would counter the idea that he's selfish playing for statpadding and his son.

The team would do better, it's fair for his wages to go down considering his age and if the team went far it would add to his legacy and increase his value as an endorser by making him more popular.

Look how Ohtani bought so much goodwill by deferring his salary.

He's involved in a gambling scandal and no one even blinked.

If no one does come, then sure I can see how it would look as a publicity stunt though.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

If we get Klay because LBJ gave back money, I'll never question his dedication to the team or his leadership again. Seriously he would win me over, not that he's doing any of this to win me over lol but still
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I don't like Klay though. If Klay turned out to be a flop, then Lebron's gonna look really foolish here. Well, he's probably richer than Jeanie now so $16M is chump change for him anyways.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject:

A paycut is not enough... Lebron needs to retire, he's essentially a liability a this point
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
The haters are truly something else. The ball is in Robs court now. Get someone worth Lebron taking a discount for. If Rob can’t, I don’t blame Lebron for taking the max.

Who in the right mind would turn down money for no reason lol? Give Lebron a GOOD reason Rob….

Bronny
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2110, 2111, 2112, 2113, 2114  Next
Page 2111 of 2114
Jump to: