The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2107, 2108, 2109

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
We aren’t a contender with Lebron. I’d rather just rebuild. Trade Anthony Davis and start from scratch.

I don’t know that I want to see this FO rebuild but it will eventually happen.

The question is whether they will decide to rebuild as soon as LeBron is gone, or will they try to put a team around AD and waste 3 years, sacrificing 7 years worth of assets.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:06 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
We aren’t a contender with Lebron. I’d rather just rebuild. Trade Anthony Davis and start from scratch.

The question is whether they will decide to rebuild as soon as LeBron is gone, or will they try to put a team around AD and waste 3 years, sacrificing 7 years worth of assets.

Everything the front office has done leads me to believe they will do everything in their power to put off a rebuild, even if it means barely getting into the playoffs year after year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

AD came here because of Lebron so once Lebron is gone, AD would ask out too. I doubt he would want to stick around for a rebuild. He was already doing that in New Orleans and he wanted outta there.

Without Lebron and AD and assuming Pelinka still being the GM, I could see flashbacks of 2013 to 2017 again where we'd clear up capspace and no star player would want to come.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

AD came here because of Lebron so once Lebron is gone, AD would ask out too.

Cool.

Trade him to Detroit for Cade Cunningham, Jalen Duren and 5 first round picks .
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Cool.

I’m with you. I’m over player empowerment. The pendulum has swung way too far the other way. Teams, and the teams fans, can’t come second to players. Players come and go. Teams last multiple life times.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is now going to milk his free agency to the last possible minute, even if it undermines the Lakers agenda. This will keep him in the headlines all summer and give him that feeling of power over the Lakers that he apparently craves. A team player would commit early so they could begin putting together their other plans.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Lebron is now going to milk his free agency to the last possible minute, even if it undermines the Lakers agenda. This will keep him in the headlines all summer and give him that feeling of power over the Lakers that he apparently craves. A team player would commit early so they could begin putting together their other plans.

Lebron would be smart to opt-in or sign a new deal before the Olympics starts.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:

You don’t think Lebron and Rob are behind the scenes working out what they want from eachother? I’m sure they’re collaborating and it’s not like the front office is waiting around blind on Lebrons decision.

Just because nothing has been reported doesn’t mean things aren’t already in motion, and with Lebron…there’s always something developing behind the scenes.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Cool.

Exactly. The next time an nba player does that will be the first. Saying it and doing it are two different things. Players are NOT royal to each other despite what they says. Also AD ain’t stupid, is a 40 year old Lebron being his partner the best chance AD can do?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Scherm wrote:

You don’t think Lebron and Rob are behind the scenes working out what they want from eachother? I’m sure they’re collaborating and it’s not like the front office is waiting around blind on Lebrons decision.

Just because nothing has been reported doesn’t mean things aren’t already in motion, and with Lebron…there’s always something developing behind the scenes.

Lebron opted in and signed the extension years ago and Rob dropped the ball. Bringing Westbrook into the season his 2nd year knowing he had to be traded to hold on to that 2nd FRP, not upgrading the team this past off season, then standing pat this past trade deadline. He even said himself…Rob that is…that LBJ committed so the FO needed to commit to using the picks to build the most competitive team yet he has failed to do so.

The only thing likely going on behind the scenes right now is the details of the deal that Philly is working out for Lebron with Rob/Jeanie possibly being in denial about it. Maybe, just maybe, LBJ will give them a Hail Mary chance but the team player wait action occurred years ago when the extension was signed early. The wait now is to see if Rob/Jeanie are more into saving money or if they are committed to a ship because if they don’t show the willingness to go all in soon they lose LBJ for nothing, and probably Dlo too.

I’ve been preparing for a tour of duty in the lottery since a December loss to the Spurs that is likely to last many years. We possibly may have seen the last competitive Lakers team in our lifetime.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:32 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Cool.

I’m with you. I’m over player empowerment. The pendulum has swung way too far the other way. Teams, and the teams fans, can’t come second to players. Players come and go. Teams last multiple life times.

Teams
Players
Fans

In that order especially for the lakers when the team is your actual business and the players are your bottom line and attraction. The attraction brings the fans which in the lakers case is star players bring stars who pay star prices to come and make their business profitable. F the message boards or whiny people who can’t spend 4 figures at least a year or want to watch a game on an illegal stream in reality and that should always be the mindset of the business

Bron is the best business move on the market
- large fan base
- more available than his peers
- nba legacy and milestones to market
- constant tv coverage
- inflated ticket prices
- top tier nba play
- access to some players through Klutch
- a story to sell with his son

Easily the greatest business decision there is and the lakers area business first for the Buss family and should always be treated as such, as Jerry Buss treated it the same damn way and was a lot worse than Jeanie could ever be accused of being when it came to cutting corners

They should secure Bron. They should draft Edey and Bronny. They should then look for a third star type of guy all summer. They should have the sense to market the white American player in AR and the Japanese player in Rui. And they should push the (bleep) out of JJ and AD
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

ANYONE who thinks LBJ is being egotistic & selfish about playing in the Olympics is a well dedicated Laker fan. There s ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why he should be even thinking about this at his age & resting & saving his legs for the team who is about to pay him $50 million per year!

LBJ, you already accomplished this feat a medal, this is the sorta stuff that he doesn’t need to do or prove. We DON’T NEED HIM NOR A.D. to win. Gold medal. Rest up you 2 for YOUR REAL TEAM, THE LAKERS! Look how long it took AR to finally get some rest & get back to playing normally a year ago.

Minutes saved now & over summer only help our team next season when it counts!!!
HC: Riley
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ANYONE who thinks LBJ is being egotistic & selfish about playing in the Olympics is a well dedicated Laker fan. There s ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why he should be even thinking about this at his age & resting & saving his legs for the team who is about to pay him $50 million per year!

LBJ, you already accomplished this feat a medal, this is the sorta stuff that he doesn’t need to do or prove. We DON’T NEED HIM NOR A.D. to win. Gold medal. Rest up you 2 for YOUR REAL TEAM, THE LAKERS! Look how long it took AR to finally get some rest & get back to playing normally a year ago.

Minutes saved now & over summer only help our team next season when it counts!!!

Agree 100%.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

The reason is they got the dog (bleep) beat out them last year 😂 and that tends to not sit well with people who have won medals before … and there is also the thought of there is no better training than against the elite in scrimmages every day and this group that goes would be elite.

There is no real substitute for training with Steph, KD, Tatum, Jrue, Bam, Ant, Book, and Hali for weeks. There’s also no better scouting report to get
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

The reason is they got the dog (bleep) beat out them last year 😂 and that tends to not sit well with people who have won medals before … and there is also the thought of there is no better training than against the elite in scrimmages every day and this group that goes would be elite.

There is no real substitute for training with Steph, KD, Tatum, Jrue, Bam, Ant, Book, and Hali for weeks. There’s also no better scouting report to get

He’s lost medals before too. Back when the world wasn’t all that great yet. So yeah no.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm not happy with him playing in the olympics this summer. At this stage of his career what does he have to prove?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm not happy with him playing in the olympics this summer. At this stage of his career what does he have to prove?

I am actually concerned about both AD and Lebron playing. What can you do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Bronny = discount salary? Bron?
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
32 wrote:

Reality is that most players these days will play in the summer anyway. Injury risk will be there regardless, unfortunately.

Like Kobe in 2008, we should just hope that this experience adds fuel for LeBron/AD to win the championship this season.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
32 wrote:

Why? Bronny will step in and carry us.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Sentimental reasons I bet. One last hurrah with his peers before he calls it quits. Same reason he still does all star games even though he barely plays the actual game anymore.

He’s getting near the end, wants to soak it all in. These are key moments he wants to enjoy before he hangs em up.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bronny = discount salary? Bron?

Drafting Bronny just covered some of Lebron's salary.... Jeanie bout to rake millions more.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
32 wrote:

Sentimental reasons I bet. One last hurrah with his peers before he calls it quits. Same reason he still does all star games even though he barely plays the actual game anymore.

He’s getting near the end, wants to soak it all in. These are key moments he wants to enjoy before he hangs em up.

Three year deal is far from done. He's only 30 years young and still contributes like one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2107, 2108, 2109
Page 2109 of 2109
Jump to: