The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2107, 2108, 2109  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
My educated guess: Lebron opts out and resigns with the team on 1+1 contract. Which gives him enough time to play with his son and go after another chip under JJ coaching.

That also give him the trade veto power.

At his advanced age I think he should take the most he can get. 3 years $160M+. That way if he suffers a major injury before the end of the 2026 season, he can come back and play the minimum 10-11 games in 2027 to get paid, just like Steve Nash did.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
This is why Lebron wanted to intervene. It's because of the incompetence of our front office. Can't blame him for wanting to intervene again. I'll say this again: LeKlutch is best thing ever that's happened to the Lakers!!

So you approve of the Russell Westbrook trade?

I approve of the 2020 championship. Gotta take the good with the bad. At least with Klutch, there's some good and some bad. Without Klutch, there's just bad. lol

Right? There are some on here that think with Lebron/Klutch out of the way, we can right the ship lol. Lebrons influence has been hit or miss with this franchise. But with only Jeanie calling the shots…they’ll all be misses.

Lebron isn’t the answer anymore, but mark my words the 2014-2018 years will be better than what’s in store for us the moment Lebron leaves. The rebuild will take much longer and be more painful than the post-Kobe pre-Lebron era.

Jeanie Buss was ALWAYS the biggest problem and will continue to be as long as she’s the owner.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs to politely retire.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

I really wish that would be the case. This FO keeps throwing
money at him which means we’ll never be able to build a team
until he’s gone.

Frustrating tbh
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Drifts wrote:

until he’s gone.

Frustrating tbh

Who in their right mind would pass up an easy 50 million
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject:

Sigh...
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:11 am    Post subject:

Lebron is going to time his career ending with going into the ownership box of the Las Vegas expansion team whenever that is. That seems to be where this is headed
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
deal wrote:
Drifts wrote:

until he’s gone.

Frustrating tbh

Who in their right mind would pass up an easy 50 million

Also while knowing you’re a top player in the league still and are more readily available than most your peers. He would be crazy from a stat standpoint as he can set his numbers so far out. He would also be crazy from a financial standpoint as every dollar he makes is a dollar closer to being owner of his own team. And every tour he takes around the league is a new chance to network his way to Vegas.

I don’t care what you say about the player, but he’s the greatest “professional” there is for a reason
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Lebron is going to time his career ending with going into the ownership box of the Las Vegas expansion team whenever that is. That seems to be where this is headed

And the extra 150 to 160 million will help with that. Lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:

Hopefully he has some rich friends because he couldn’t afford the franchise fee.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

Hopefully he has some rich friends because he couldn’t afford the franchise fee.

Most ownerships are ownership groups. Lebron for sure has as much or more personally as Jordan, and more than A-Rod/Jeter. He can def be a lead investor with majority ownership of a team
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

What do you mean hopefully? He has rich friends, and the franchise fee for a Vegas expansion team will be a lot less than buying an established team
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

If he retired, we still would not have any capspace to sign his replacement. How exactly do you intend to replace him and still build a championship contender? Unless you want to trade AD and rebuild?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

We aren’t a contender with Lebron. I’d rather just rebuild. Trade Anthony Davis and start from scratch.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

What do you mean hopefully? He has rich friends, and the franchise fee for a Vegas expansion team will be a lot less than buying an established team

Plus I think the NBA owners will make sure Lebron’s group is awarded ownership as payback for all he did for the league. Plus the NBA will want Lebron associated with the league even after his playing career is done.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
We aren’t a contender with Lebron. I’d rather just rebuild. Trade Anthony Davis and start from scratch.

How did we win the 2020 championship with Lebron winning FMVP then? We were quite competitive against Denver. I still maintain we are a championship contender with Bron and AD and a decent HC.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

How did we win the 2020 championship with Lebron winning FMVP then? We were quite competitive against Denver. I still maintain we are a championship contender with Bron and AD and a decent HC.

Lakers had far better defensive role players on that team in KCP, Kuzma, Caruso, Howard, and Green. They don’t have that on this current roster
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

We lost 9 of the last 10 matchups. What on earth are you talking about? We struggle to even beat Sacramento.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

People are still clinging on the 2020 covid title? That was 4 years ago for Christ sake. Lebron and AD are not the same players they were 4 years ago.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
People are still clinging on the 2020 covid title? That was 4 years ago for Christ sake. Lebron and AD are not the same players they were 4 years ago.
Nor is the environment and circumstance it was played in.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

They aren't the same player but they still play at all star or all NBA level in the playoffs. We can't have role players that make close to 20 million like DLo (bleep) the bed in they playoffs year after year. Need to improve around the edges
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

We lost 9 of the last 10 matchups. What on earth are you talking about? We struggle to even beat Sacramento.

Mostly close games that could have gone in our favor if the coaching was better or utilizing our roleplayers better.

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Steph and Klay won the championship in 2018 and then four years later, they were four years older but still won another championship in 2022.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

exactly, we've seen the best of LeBron and AD last season. law of average is not on our side that they'll repeat next season. people are still analyzing this like it's 2020 season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

Plus I think the NBA owners will make sure Lebron’s group is awarded ownership as payback for all he did for the league. Plus the NBA will want Lebron associated with the league even after his playing career is done.

I agree that the other owners would want to let Lebron buy a franchise and he would be easily approved. But not that they will want to give up their own revenue to him. Right now an owner gets 1/30th of TV money. Add 2 franchises and that same owner gets 1/32nd. Four years ago it was estimated that a franchise fee would be $2.5 billion. Now with a new TV contract it would be more like $5 billion. It takes money to play in the big leagues.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

I don’t know that I want to see this FO rebuild but it will eventually happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2107, 2108, 2109  Next
Page 2108 of 2109
Jump to: