Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Crazy Like Ron Artest wrote:
I'm just looking forward to see Kobe hopefully score a lot of points.

I am sure the Suns are hoping for that too. Anything other than exploiting their mashed potato interior defense. They couldn't stop Nick Collison in the middle, for God's sake.

Exactly what I'm saying.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject:

The only chance we have is if guys like Fisher, Turiaf, Walton, Bynum are involved in the game and get a chance to establish themselves. Kobe needs to try to get them a few easy shots, which he never attempted to do in the second half of Houston game. I say we lose by 10.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject:

I would like to see Kobe on the post much more this game, which means much more Mihm, who can actually hit a jumper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject:

Kobe with 62.

Suns are tired.

Lakers win 112-109
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
I would like to see Kobe on the post much more this game, which means much more Mihm, who can actually hit a jumper.

Ronny was MONEY with the jumper in the preseason, they should set him up instead of a hobbled Mihm.
Crazy Like Ron Artest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I'm just looking forward to see Kobe hopefully score a lot of points.

I am sure the Suns are hoping for that too. Anything other than exploiting their mashed potato interior defense. They couldn't stop Nick Collison in the middle, for God's sake.

Here we go again lol.

You"ll get your wish, don't worry.
Phil will ask for a balanced attack, it may work for a quarter or two but after that you can expect a blowout in the Suns favor.

Who in the blue hell is going to score against the Suns?

Fisher? Walton? Kwame? Bynum?

I'm sure the Suns are shaking already.

And why do you bring Collison up?

For starters, he is better than any Lakers post player sans Odom and he only scored 8 points against them in 32 minutes which is below his average..
So really? I suppose you were really thinking of Wilcox.

Kobe ball or no ball, I'm tellin ya.

Last edited by Crazy Like Ron Artest on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Crazy Like Ron Artest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:

Flight wrote:
Kobe with 62.

Suns are tired.

Lakers win 112-109

After the first game of the season? LOL. Haha.

Dude, you seriously need to give professional athletes some more credit than that.
Especially elite athletes like the Suns have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers pound the post the Suns have no chance to stop them. Their dream is for Kobe to shoot the ball from the outside, and play their style of ball. They play that style much better than we do.

I bring up Collison because the Suns had no chance to control him in the paint. It was an example that the Lakers need to follow. Unforunately for the Sonics, they started jacking up long jumpers in the 4th and lost their lead.
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject:

Nick Collison had 8 points and 7 rebounds in 32 minutes....thats not exactly getting owned.

Wilcox did much better, but he and Amare off-set each other's performances.

Looking at the boxscore...the Suns starting frontcourt of Amare, Marion and Hill got the better of the Sonics' frontcourt of Collison, Wilcox and Wilkens.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271101025
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject:

If Kwame/ab/Mihm/Turiaf play strong we will win

The lakers will get prince.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
+44 wrote:
cheetos82 wrote:
God i hate the Suns.....

dido

http://www.euronet.nl/~marbak/rollo/pics/oxy_dido.jpg

I'd hit that too... against a wall if I needed to.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
Nick Collison had 8 points and 7 rebounds in 32 minutes....thats not exactly getting owned.

Looking at the boxscore...the Suns starting frontcourt of Amare, Marion and Hill got the better of the Sonics' frontcourt of Collison, Wilcox and Wilkens.

Forget the box score, watch the damn game. When the Sonics were pounding the ball in the middle they had a good lead on the Suns, and Amare on the bench in foul trouble. But being what is becoming typical NBA play, they resorted to shooting long jumpers and lost their lead. If the Lakers keep pounding the middle they will win.
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:

Forget the box score, watch the damn game. When the Sonics were pounding the ball in the middle they had a good lead on the Suns, and Amare on the bench in foul trouble. But being what is becoming typical NBA play, they resorted to shooting long jumpers and lost their lead. If the Lakers keep pounding the middle they will win.

I did watch the game...the Sonics had a litany of turnovers in the fourth when they kept trying to throw it inside because the Suns adjusted nicely after the first half (held the Sonics to 43 points).

There's more to beating the Suns then just pounding it inside.
VicsLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

My hope is that the Lakers win, But I smell a blow out in favor of the Suns
115 to 98. Suns

And dont see this getting better anytime soon

If the Lakers do happen to win....Man I will be stoked. A quality win could be the start of changing the mind set of this team.

Go Lakers!!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:

I did watch the game...the Sonics had a litany of turnovers in the fourth when they kept trying to throw it inside because the Suns adjusted nicely after the first half (held the Sonics to 43 points).

There's defense, which is something I won't hang my hat on with this team. Better to try and get the Suns in foul trouble.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:

I agree.

Mihm I think should be the back-up for Ronnie,get a good 20 or so minutes at the 4. Forget that Cook experiment already.

Pound the ball inside. That includes Kobe on the pinch post.

Get back on "D",and out board them.

Last edited by FreakofNature on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:

not really.

we almost beat them in a 7 game series using this method with KWAME BROWN. if you can almost beat them with kwame brown as your main strategy....it means the strategy works.

problem is phx is very good at making you play their style. the only team i can think of that they have trouble doing this to is SA...only because SA is also very good at making you play their way.

the lakers need to continuously feed kwame and andrew. you don't beat the suns with guards.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:

not really.

we almost beat them in a 7 game series using this method with KWAME BROWN. if you can almost beat them with kwame brown as your main strategy....it means the strategy works.

problem is phx is very good at making you play their style. the only team i can think of that they have trouble doing this to is SA...only because SA is also very good at making you play their way.

the lakers need to continuously feed kwame and andrew. you don't beat the suns with guards.

But with Phil, he's more than likely going to adjust to the Suns instead of the Suns trying to adjust to pounding in the middle with Bynum and or Mihm and Kwame even with Thomas sitting on the bench for Phoenix. Expect a heavy dose of Cook and Sasha in the game tonight. I pray to GOD that's not the case, but I'm not optimistic about it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

^
That is why the Lakers need to play inside-out tonight. Not neccesarily from Kwame or Bynum, but the Triangle allows many other players to get a post spot and score from there.

The funny thing is that in 4/5 spots we have a significant size advantage. So IMO even Kobe should be posting up instead of trying attack from the perimeter. Bell does a much better job on him at the perimeter than the post. Not to mention it is much higher % a shot to either drive or pull up from 15' and in as opposed to 20' - 23'.

In theory - You make the entry pass to the post (this is already a problem in itself) to any of the bigger Laker players at each position. From Bynum/Brown at C, or Ronny/Cook at PF, Walton/Rad at SF and Kobe/Evans at SG. Any of these spots, you have a size advantage so they can all post up. From there, it's simply about the other players cutting into the post and either getting open or positioning themselves for rebounding.

All in theory, but if the Lakers did that, they would have much better results than trying to attack the way they ussually do (from the perimeter).

IMO this team has to stop attacking from the perimeter and needs to begin using the perimeter only as a kick out option. By that I mean you only shoot it from outside if you get a kick out pass from inside. No more taking 3's from swinging the ball on the perimeter. No more Kobe attacking the defense from 25' dribbling against 2-3 defenders. Just stop playing Cook and Mo as they shoot everytime they touch the ball, and they often touch the ball on a perimeter swing pass. All that stuff needs to stop, and no better place to start than tonight when they have a big size advantage.

All that said, I'd guess Kobe will take 25-30 shots. Cook will shoot 10 shots in 12 minutes, all low % jumpers. Mo Evans the same as Cook in more minutes and the players that have big size advantages will be not be used. That has been the Laker way for the last 3-4 months I have watched them.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
ocho wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:

not really.

But with Phil, he's more than likely going to adjust to the Suns instead of the Suns trying to adjust to pounding in the middle with Bynum and or Mihm and Kwame even with Thomas sitting on the bench for Phoenix. Expect a heavy dose of Cook and Sasha in the game tonight. I pray to GOD that's not the case, but I'm not optimistic about it.

well it's a recipie for disaster and i hope phil is smarter than that. you don't beat a team by playing their style. you win by making them play YOUR game. if we get a lot of kobe shot attempts/brian cook and sasha minutes/lots of 3s we're going to lose and lose bad.
Crazy Like Ron Artest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject:

Kobe needs to take around 35 shots. That's the only chance.

You grossly overrate the rest of the roster, they're all offensively challenged, each and every one of them.

But we"ll find out soon enough.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject:

that strategy may work with some teams but not with phx.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:

You grossly overrate the rest of the roster, they're all offensively challenged, each and every one of them.

But we"ll find out soon enough.

They minus Lamar + Kobe + Bynum are challenged in 1 on 1 situations or getting shots of by themselves.

However there are many system players on this team. The problem is we don't run the system and haven't since the mid-way point of last season.

We have become a very disorganized offensive team, dating back to last season. And they are 3 big blackholes on this team who take full advantage that. One is Kobe, the other 2 are Cook + Mo. Sasha too when he's in the game can take very bad shots, but he barely plays.

Lakers need to get back to being organized. Kobe will still be the man and get 30 points a night, but it will come effeciently and within the flow of the game, instead of it forced upon the other team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:

I doubt Bynum gets many minutes. He got a lot in the opener against Phoenix last year, but that's because Amare wasn't "right" yet. With Amare in peak form now, Andrew can't defend him. Amare would go off for 40.

With that said, I really don't think we have that much of a chance without Lamar and with Phoenix at full strength.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
I doubt Bynum gets many minutes. He got a lot in the opener against Phoenix last year, but that's because Amare wasn't "right" yet. With Amare in peak form now, Andrew can't defend him. Amare would go off for 40.

With that said, I really don't think we have that much of a chance without Lamar and with Phoenix at full strength.

Amare won't be able to defend Bynum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42
Jump to: