Should the Lakers Go All in on A Rebuild?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers go all in on a rebuild?
Yes-Rebuild
53%
 53%  [ 33 ]
No-Maximize LeBron/AD these last 2 years. Trade Draft picks
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Middle ground-Add around the edges with an eye for future post LeBron
30%
 30%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 62

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Yes to a rebuild. We are already in it whether we like it or not.

BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject:

If they went all in on a rebuild while not owning their first round picks next year and owing another a few years after, that would be idiotic. They would be tanking for other teams? lol
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

too bad they can't sag for flagg this season
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

They lose this year. Get rid of lebron and AD
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers are IMO 100% done competing for a chip in the LBJ era. They’re not going to make any big trades/signings unless it helps them post Lebron.

The plan now is to re-sign Lebron to keep people in the seats, and sign guys like JJ and Bronny to keep the brand relevant in the media.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

What? I mean you put the same product out there and expect a different outcome? Really?
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject:

Yup. Take on Lavine and picks. Hopefully he builds positive value in a year or 2 then trade him for picks
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject:

I think the plan this season is just to stay afloat since we don't have our 2025 pick
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject:

Honestly I'm thinking about moving AD at the trade deadline....I want him to begin the season with us so we have an ok record given our pick conveys but this group isn't winning and AD is the most direct path to reload....this means LBJ doesn't opt in next Summer most likely, which is also fine....next year we need to set the foundation for the reset
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

They have lost for 4 straight years, why will this be different? Last season was their healthiest one ever, amounted to a first round knock out. Calling it now we miss the playoffs all together. Trade AD start the rebuild..

At the very least don't trade first rounds away
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject:

Im all in to end the LBJ/AD era but lets be realistic here... We arent really in that bad a position with our current roster...

Ham was literally SO bad that with literally any competent coach we would have beat the nuggets let alone avoided the play in..

Lets not forget Ham benched Dlo, Rui and Prince for a stretch of games over the season..Had he just played the most obvious "best" players we have.. We would have had 15 more wins..

Dlo
Reaves
Rui
Bron
Ad

Prince
Christie
Knecht
Vando
Vincent

Is really not that bad.. at all. We still need a true center but those can be attained later in the season
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Im all in to end the LBJ/AD era but lets be realistic here... We arent really in that bad a position with our current roster...

Ham was literally SO bad that with literally any competent coach we would have beat the nuggets let alone avoided the play in..

Lets not forget Ham benched Dlo, Rui and Prince for a stretch of games over the season..Had he just played the most obvious "best" players we have.. We would have had 15 more wins..

Dlo
Reaves
Rui
Bron
Ad

Prince
Christie
Knecht
Vando
Vincent

Is really not that bad.. at all. We still need a true center but those can be attained later in the season

This is the same product, expect the same results...not much to see
there. I don't think the coach will be that much is a difference. Ham did
change his line ups in the end and they still whipped us.

I was hoping we got a starting C to take the burden off of AD on D
and that had some pop from 3pt land. In the end, our pg on O is LJ's not anyone else. And LJ isn't chasing anyone around on D, he could remain on
the right or left wing.

Hey, still some minor moves Rob can make, but will they move the needle?
Depends.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:00 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Dlo
Reaves
Rui
Bron
Ad

Prince
Christie
Knecht
Vando
Vincent

and that had some pop from 3pt land. In the end, our pg on O is LJ's not anyone else. And LJ isn't chasing anyone around on D, he could remain on
the right or left wing.

Depends.

Poor assumption without any facts to back it up. Vogel beat Denver and won the championship with a healthy Bron and AD. There's no way you could prove that the 2020 supporting cast was better than this supporting cast.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:53 am    Post subject:

I dont think people remember how miserable the rebuild years were. Like Robert Sacre was giving us minutes. Or Nick Young being the star of the team.

Even then our rebuild wouldnt have even been successful if Lebron didnt come.

We didnt hit on any of our #2 picks, whos to say we hit on any in the near future? Ingram was the closest and hes not even a Paul George level star.

IDK Id rather be a playoff team that I can hold out hope for than endless lottery picks.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:21 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
I dont think people remember how miserable the rebuild years were. Like Robert Sacre was giving us minutes. Or Nick Young being the star of the team.

We didnt hit on any of our #2 picks, whos to say we hit on any in the near future? Ingram was the closest and hes not even a Paul George level star.

IDK Id rather be a playoff team that I can hold out hope for than endless lottery picks.

Since the word “if” was included this whole post becomes a hypothetical. So if bron didn’t come but:
If -
Zo was healthy
Bi was healthy
JR
Josh hart
That roster is formidable. And with a better coach than Luke who knows.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

Randle made more all NBA teams than Brunson and Brown. I feel like he gets underrated for some weird reason. He's not a playoff performer by any means but he will get you wins in the regular season as well as anyone the Celtics drafted. BI would be right there with PG13 if he wasn't so injury prone. That's really some issue with his body that he needs to fix. Hope he figures it out on some other team.

Even the Bron-led Lakers weren't successful and were in the lotto until they got AD. It's all about mixing and matching homegrown talent with trade targets and free agents, much in the same way Boston did with Porzingis, Jrue and White. What the Lakers did was throw the baby out with the bathwater when it came to young talent. Caruso, Zu, Kuz, Hart, Wagner, etc, etc. It's a joke how much young talent they squandered. That point isn't even up for debate because of how ridiculous Rob/Jeanie/Klutch were with discarding first round picks and other young talent.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have a team that won 2/3rds of their games down the stretch and was arguably the best shooting team I’ve ever seen during that time. They matched up favorably against everyone in the league except Denver, who won 2 of the games with buzzer beaters.

What would be the goal of a rebuild at this point? Getting draft picks 5 years down the road from teams who are willing to sell the farm for LeBron and AD now and hoping those teams are bad by then?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
deal wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Dlo
Reaves
Rui
Bron
Ad

Prince
Christie
Knecht
Vando
Vincent

the right or left wing.

Depends.

Poor assumption without any facts to back it up. Vogel beat Denver and won the championship with a healthy Bron and AD. There's no way you could prove that the 2020 supporting cast was better than this supporting cast.

Easy, let it play out...
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject:

From this NBA.com article: Commissioner Adam Silver 'thrilled' with competitive state of league

Adam Silver is literally saying how he thinks championship teams should be built

Quote:
“That’s what I love about a true 30-team league,” Silver said, “that players and teams should be judged by the quality of the team they put together and their success on the floor.”

Quote:
“I’m not anti-dynasty,” Silver said, “but you want dynasties to be created, to the extent possible, with a level playing field. [Where] teams draft well, develop players well, trade well, but in essence, operate roughly [with] the same number of chips.”

More importantly, he has helped shape the CBA to favor teams that take this approach by making it easier for them to keep their home grown talent and making it progressively more punitive to simply outspend everyone else. Thanks, Joe Lacob!

Quote:
Salary cap restrictions and payroll luxury taxes have been implemented and tightened to thwart “super teams” that aren’t so organically grown — the ones created when several free agents land in one favored destination.

The new CBA actually helps Jeanie Buss in some ways because the Buss family is now a "poor" owner compared to the billionaire owners of other teams. However, she has been willing to spend money on salaries as much as wealthier owners have been, and the new CBA makes it more likely that other owners will no longer outspend her.

On the other hand, it's going to be more difficult because of this CBA, and the past couple, to build teams exclusively through FA signings or trades.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject:

They should rebuild, but there's no chance they rebuild. They'll run it out this offseason, and re-evaluate what they should do next offseason assuming LeBron retires.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: