THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Brussard is right. Laker's org look like fools.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Did I read this right, UK offered $11m, UConn upping to $10m and we come in at … $11.6m?
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ducasse wrote:
What's worse, a cheap owner or an over-involved one who doesn't know what he's doing? Lakers and Suns are both a mess.

“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”

Isn't Jeanie both?

I don't think Jeanie is at Ishbia's level on that front. Klutch has made more big decisions than she has.

Other than LeBron (of course), orchestrating a trade for AD, and pushing for the Westbrook trade (terrible), what has Klutch been responsible for?

A favorable contract for KCP (Klutch client)? And we got him before LeBron was even here so not sure we can attribute that to them. Regardless, I would think that is looked upon in hindsight as a smart decision.

We know they were not responsible for the poor coaching hires, otherwise we would have Lue today.

What else? Like concrete examples.

Serious question to anyone.

Particularly to people like LakerSD who somehow blames Klutch for all the bad things in the world, probably inflation and taxes, too.

Last edited by Triumph on Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

this is like someone really want to rent this popular apartment, but is very cheap, so he/she would negotiate with the landlord they will pay $100 more each month above the asking price, but they need to sign a long term deal to lock in this pricing. this was exactly what Jeannie Buss did to Hurley, it's sad to the point it is damn funny.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
ducasse wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ducasse wrote:
What's worse, a cheap owner or an over-involved one who doesn't know what he's doing? Lakers and Suns are both a mess.

“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”

Isn't Jeanie both?

I don't think Jeanie is at Ishbia's level on that front. Klutch has made more big decisions than she has.

Other than LeBron (of course), orchestrating a trade for AD, and pushing for the Westbrook trade (terrible), what has Klutch been responsible for?

Aren't those the three biggest decisions?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
It also tells me Jeanie, Rob and Kurt all continue to be clueless in knowing what the league is doing, what folks are worth, etc.
Its not a bad offer but it was too low. Lakers brand needs to show their seriousness for someone like Hurley.
Not sure even $15 mill per year would have made a difference. He wasn't leaving UConn where he is loved and respected to a challenging Lakers job where he would be coaching a 40 year old Lebron and crew.

I don't get why trying to get him is a bad move. Like it's no different from when Kawhi or PG passed, it is what it is. Lakers will move on

The comments are wild to me though. It's like LA wasn't in the WCF last year or didn't win a title since 27 other teams haven't.

Bro, that was the effect of getting Lebron for free. You need to look at 2013 to 2017 and see what it would have been like today still if Lebron didn't choose us.

In other words, the front office has been absolute trash and hasn't really accomplished anything and has just gotten very lucky that Lebron wanted to choose LA as his longterm home.

Lebron for free??? See, this is what I mean. Rob fixed the roster cap hell and freed up room, LA also drafted really well and assembled a nice core. The land Lebron despite all the drama and outside forces trying to prevent it. They then made the AD deal. LA wins a ring. But somehow the FO is trash??

Meanwhile look around the league and what do you see. No teams are dominant, it's a parity NBA right now. Boston still has no ring despite that stacked roster. Maybe the close this series out, but wouldn't be shocked if Dallas came back to win.

Without Lebron, AD ain't coming here because if he did like LA that much, he would have come before Lebron came. So yea, without Lebron, there would have been no AD and hence no championship. What part of bringing Lebron here was Rob responsible for? Oh wait, Lebron was already on the team when Rob became GM.

I give Rob credit for signing the supporting cast for our championship team but I also give him the full blame for blowing that team up. So he's trash because he doesn't know how to evaluate talent lost guys like Caruso for nothing and gave up frp for one year rentals.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

And this wasn't really meant as me trying to engage with you per se as much as me responding to the perception that LeBron and Klutch are at the wheel and Rob is just a puppet.

But like other than those obvious moves, what else are they responsible for?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this is like someone really want to rent this popular apartment, but is very cheap, so he/she would negotiate with the landlord they will pay $100 more each month above the asking price, but they need to sign a long term deal to lock in this pricing. this was exactly what Jeannie Buss did to Hurley, it's sad to the point it is damn funny.

If they were serious about hiring him, none of this would have gone public.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

How are they stopping Woj from reporting that a meeting takes place?

You're saying the Lakers brass leaked it to Woj on purpose even before getting a signature on the dotted line?

That is amateur hour, but it just seems like Woj is connected in NBA executive circles and the Hurley family, so not sure what to believe and if he wouldn't have been able to hear about this without their consent.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

How are they stopping Woj from reporting that a meeting takes place?

You're saying the Lakers brass leaked it to Woj on purpose even before getting a signature on the dotted line?

That is amateur hour, but it just seems like Woj is connected in NBA executive circles and the Hurley family, so not sure what to believe and if he wouldn't have been able to hear about this without their consent.

No, I think it's the other way around. I think Hurley had Woj leak it. Woj is very very close to the Hurley family, from what I have read.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Woj is close to the Hurleys. Hurley leaked it to Woj maybe to boost Woj's career and help him get a raise or something.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

And this wasn't really meant as me trying to engage with you per se as much as me responding to the perception that LeBron and Klutch are at the wheel and Rob is just a puppet.

But like other than those obvious moves, what else are they responsible for?

I wasn't trying to blame Klutch. Of the three biggest moves two of them worked out. If there was no Klutch Lakers would probably be stuck as a lottery team every year with Jeanie and Rob running the show.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Cry me a river.

You do know you don't have to be a fan, and root for another team, right?
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I really hope it wasn’t the lakers who leaked that number becuase if it was, they are dumber than I imagined.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

No, I think it's the other way around. I think Hurley had Woj leak it. Woj is very very close to the Hurley family, from what I have read.

So you're saying Hurley had Woj break the news so that he could create a bidding war between the Lakers and UConn?

Because what other reason would Hurley have to do that?

If that is the case, then yeah, we just got played.

But then I can't really blame Jeanie and Rob for trying. It's just embarrassing how public it was.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

So you're saying Hurley had Woj break the news so that he could create a bidding war between the Lakers and UConn?

Because what other reason would Hurley have to do that?

If that is the case, then yeah, we just got played.

But then I can't really blame Jeanie and Rob for trying. It's just embarrassing how public it was.

because it's open season to use Lakers for all kinds of leverage. we've seen this throughout Jeannie Buss' tenure. at least when Jim Buss and Mitch was here, they were so passive and kept everything close to the chest, sure we weren't a big player in free agency back in those days, but no one was able to using Lakers as leverage either.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Also couldn't Hurley just have told UConn what the Lakers offer was to see if they would sweeten their offer without going through this public spectacle?

Made the Lakers look so bad on the national stage for nothing it seems.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
Also couldn't Hurley just have told UConn what the Lakers offer was to see if they would sweeten their offer without going through this public spectacle?

Made the Lakers look so bad on the national stage for nothing it seems.

This was going to be made public regardless. Lakers didn’t leak. This was hush hush. Someone brought it up that they could have asked his agent what number gets it done. He’s was never leaving imho. Unfortunately
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should've told Hurley, if this gets leaked, then the offer is off the table.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
ducasse wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Isn't Jeanie both?

A favorable contract for KCP (Klutch client)? And we got him before LeBron was even here so not sure we can attribute that to them. Regardless, I would think that is looked upon in hindsight as a smart decision.

We know they were not responsible for the poor coaching hires, otherwise we would have Lue today.

What else? Like concrete examples.

Serious question to anyone.

Particularly to people like LakerSD who somehow blames Klutch for all the bad things in the world, probably inflation and taxes, too.

I could asnswer each one of those statements but you not going to like it...you showing right now that LBJ and klutch should not be blamed for nothing and that is far from the truth...

LakersSD and even MJST can give you the answers also but some tells me its going to be the somewhat simmilar..uou not going to like them responses.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject:

JKidd talking to Lakers... boom contract extension

Ty Lue Lakers are interested... boom contract extension

Dan Hurley talking to Lakers... boom bigger contract extension
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Reason I pretty much stayed away when the Hurley news came up... Didn't want to get my hopes up.

Seen that show before...

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

1 - This has nothing to do with Rob, he can only offer what Jeanie allows him to / is willing to pay.

2 - This likely wasn't about the money. Being a top 5 NBA head coach is probably unprecedented in itself but its also about the same per year as what 7 years at 100 million would have been.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lakers should have hired J Kidd instead of making him the assistant, they caved to public perception.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

it's like clockwork isn't it. there's no repercussion of using Lakers as bargaining tool. i wish i can do the same with my salary. does Lakers need an IT guy?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: