DeMar Derozan: (2021) “I thought Lakers was a Done Deal and I was coming back home”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

Derozan seems like a terrible fit
- Only good with the ball
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

Not really sure what the Lakers do with him.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

Sounds like a good backup to LBJ. j/k
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:01 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

The only reason people here want him is because they see other teams making trades/signings and we are not, and they’re upset and demand Rob get something done, even it doesn’t solve any of problems with this roster.

I’d rather just stand pat and wait for Lebron to retire then getting into trades/signings for over the hill players who will still be on this roster once Lebron retires.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

The only reason people here want him is because they see other teams making trades/signings and we are not, and they’re upset and demand Rob get something done, even it doesn’t solve any of problems with this roster.

I’d rather just stand pat and wait for Lebron to retire then getting into trades/signings for over the hill players who will still be on this roster once Lebron retires.

A million times this! If something good comes up then sure. If it doesn’t oh well. I’m not about this trade everyone for anything just so I feel like the Lakers did stuff. DD solves nothing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

This. 100% this.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

This. 100% this.

Would DeRozan…for MLE or S&T Vincent/JHS/CamRed/FRP/SRP…put the Lakers on par with the Keltics?

AD > Porzingis (Lakers +2 ppg/rpg)
LBJ > Tatum (Lakers +1 apg)
DeRozan > Brown (Lakers +1 ppg)
AR < White (Keltics +2 defense)
Dlo < Jrue (Keltics +3 defense/rpg, Lakers +2 ppg/apg)

Overall Lakers +1

Rui ~ Hoford
Vando ~ Hauser
MaxC ~ Pritchard
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

This. 100% this.

Yep.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I feel like we're watching 2 completely different teams.

The Lakers have no other options to go to when LeBron and AD are gassed from carrying the team the entire game.

Nobody else is a good enough creator on offense to answer runs and to close the game in crunch time.

I don't think DeRozan gets the team ALL the way to contention by himself, but he gives the Lakers a legit option to go to outside of LeBron and AD.

People just want to fast forward to the point where the Lakers are picking randos in the lottery, expecting the Lakers to draft a superstar fairly soon after starting to rebuild.

It'll be funny when the Lakers are years into it with 3 straight number 2 picks and the best player they get is someone like Brandon Ingram.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I feel like we're watching 2 completely different teams.

The Lakers have no other options to go to when LeBron and AD are gassed from carrying the team the entire game.

Nobody else is a good enough creator on offense to answer runs and to close the game in crunch time.

I don't think DeRozan gets the team ALL the way to contention by himself, but he gives the Lakers a legit option to go to outside of LeBron and AD.

People just want to fast forward to the point where the Lakers are picking randos in the lottery, expecting the Lakers to draft a superstar fairly soon after starting to rebuild.

It'll be funny when the Lakers are years into it with 3 straight number 2 picks and the best player they get is someone like Brandon Ingram.

If not for the Danny Green and a pick for Schroder trade, we would have had Desmond Bane, who is better than all three of our #2 picks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
MJST wrote:
george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

This. 100% this.

Would DeRozan…for MLE or S&T Vincent/JHS/CamRed/FRP/SRP…put the Lakers on par with the Keltics?

IF the Lakers got Derozan for the MLE and only had to get rid of one of their vets minimum guys(like Reddish). Then that's a win. If they have to give up actual assets and overpay for multiple years while doing so? Then no.

If this was our team this coming season

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Demar Derozan
Rui Hachimura
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Gabe Vincent
Austin Reaves
Dalton Knecht
Jarred Vanderbilt
Christian Wood / Jaxson Hayes

Then that's a success.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:24 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
he gives the Lakers a legit option to go to outside of LeBron and AD.

Especially in iso situations and especially in the playoffs where it always comes down to iso play. LeBron isn't that guy anymore and AD has demonstrated passiveness often shrinking in those moments. Who knows, perhaps JJ can empower AD and flip that script but as of now, we don't have that go-to guy down the stretch. If the Lakers do indeed bring in DD, he immediately becomes that guy.

Add Vuc as part of the package and I'll feel so much better about the off-season

Kiss my Converse.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
Japago wrote:

Especially in iso situations and especially in the playoffs where it always comes down to iso play. LeBron isn't that guy anymore and AD has demonstrated passiveness often shrinking in those moments. Who knows, perhaps JJ can empower AD and flip that script but as of now, we don't have that go-to guy down the stretch. If the Lakers do indeed bring in DD, he immediately becomes that guy.

Add Vuc as part of the package and I'll feel so much better about the off-season

Derozan has been infamously horrible in the playoffs. Defrozen was his nickname for a long ass time. He’s built his rep as a clutch player in Chicago, but I don’t think he’s played much in the actual playoffs during his time there to shed that playoff rep.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Japago wrote:

Derozan has been infamously horrible in the playoffs. Defrozen was his nickname for a long ass time. He’s built his rep as a clutch player in Chicago, but I don’t think he’s played much in the actual playoffs during his time there to shed that playoff rep.

His one playoff series for Bulls in 4-1 series loss: 41% FG / 21 PPG and 50% / 28 PPG during the regular season that year. Lakers fans would be tearing him up if he did that here.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Japago wrote:

His one playoff series for Bulls in 4-1 series loss: 41% FG / 21 PPG and 50% / 28 PPG during the regular season that year. Lakers fans would be tearing him up if he did that here.

He's a bad fit. Laker fans are just deperate.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject:

We need 3/D guys. He's neither.

I still would have taken him due to the fact one, it would have came from LeBron (now we get nothing) and no draft picks going out, and 2 he is still actually a good player. Unlike Russ he actually has gravity when he has the ball.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject:

DeRozan. lol. Unclutch, mentally weak, poor fit. Can't wait to see him in PG and on the cover of SI flanking Ad and LBJ.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Japago wrote:

Thanks for digging that up. I was way too lazy to put in the effort, lol. So yeah, his playoff anxieties seemed to be alive and well in Chicago. Wanting a player who performs in the playoffs to replace Dlo makes sense, DDR is not that guy, and his skill set doesn’t work as well for us as Dlo’s does, and he’d be more expensive and would cost us additional resources to trade for to boot. Hard pass.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

What options out there could solve problems with this roster then?

People want trades because chance of improvement from within is slim, and perhaps more importantly, because a core of LBJ and AD should do better than medicore play-in. It worked once beofre, in 2020 bubble, and then the roster was messed up for four years by the front office.

It's debatable whether they have a realistic chance to return to contention before LBJ retires. But fans will keep on talking about things like this because that's why we are here in the first place.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:16 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Japago wrote:

Thanks for digging that up. I was way too lazy to put in the effort, lol. So yeah, his playoff anxieties seemed to be alive and well in Chicago. Wanting a player who performs in the playoffs to replace Dlo makes sense, DDR is not that guy, and his skill set doesn’t work as well for us as Dlo’s does, and he’d be more expensive and would cost us additional resources to trade for to boot. Hard pass.

Way to completely leave out his playoff performance when he was actually a part a good system in SA -- where he avg 22 pts 7 rb 5 assists on 49% shooting carrying that Spurs team to 7 games vs Denver. Let's also mention that Demar was the clear cut #1 on all those playoff teams where defenses were focused on stopping him. He wouldn't be that here.

The most important thing would be his contributions in the reg season. Carrying some of the offensive load to ease old man Bron. Cause as is, it'd be hard pressed for this current Lakers team to even make the playoffs. With Demar on the team increases our chances greatly imo.

Also, DD has never played with a guy like AD. Their timelines line up - which is also a plus. I'd even say that a 40 year Bron is probably better than any other player DD has ever played with. Having guys like that to take the pressure off of him certainly can only help.

Talk about fit all you want but our options are dwindling as we speak. If you can sign him without giving up too many of our assets then I would jump on that immediately. And again, if we can somehow add Vuc to the mix, all the better.

Kiss my Converse.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
- Can't shoot the 3
- Can't defend

Sounds like a good backup to LBJ. j/k

That's like the only way he'd slightly fit on this team. He simply cannot play alongside Lebron. He's almost like a Westbrick 2.0. Can't shoot but needs the ball to excel. Lebron is the best ballhandler so we cannot have another ballhandler that couldn't spread the floor.

If he has no defense either, then he's useless to us. Hard pass.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject:

It's DeOver

Gonna be the Spurs, Heat or Kings.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

I love DD. i hope he doesnt come here.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Maybe when he's 38.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Maybe when he's 38.

hes a really good player, but not elite. At some point he will be expected to carry us for some reason or another and he wont be able to. he will get slandered and most likely be the scapegoat and tbh, hes an LA legend and for him to get done dirty like another hometown legend because our FO is delusional would be a shame.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DeRozan. lol. Unclutch, mentally weak, poor fit. Can't wait to see him in PG and on the cover of SI flanking Ad and LBJ.

Not a huge supporter of DeMar but isn't he, and hasn't he been, the best 4th quarter scorer many times in his career? Wasn't he just runner up to Steph for clutch player of the year?

Calling him "unclutch and mentally weak" are just wrong. Poor fit, sure. But if you can nab him for the tMLE or MLE, or sending out spare parts, it could be a nice pick up. MJST broke down the lineup with him and while it's not a title favorite, it's a good team ~ if healthy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: