JJ Redick is Officially named 29th Lakers Head Coach (NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 210, 211, 212  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Get Rondo on that staff with Terry Stotts and Dudley. that would be nice. I dunno much about sam Cassell as a coach but sure, why not.

Make sure to keep Rondo around in case JJ doesn't thrive =P
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Shams:
Quote:
The Lakers are open to any contract structure that will keep James in Los Angeles, league sources told The Athletic.

So they are open to the 3 years $162M max?

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams: Lakers looking at Scott Brooks / Rajon Rondo / Jared Dudley / Sam Cassell

I like that staff in terms of who they are as people, especially Rondo, Dudley and Cassell. Could use some more X's and O's acumen/experience.

Brooks is a former NBA coach of the year and the only one with HC experience. Why leave him out when he could be the best…including JJ…of all of them?

I would have been most pleased with Monty but he’s probably chilling still getting paid by Detroit (and Phoenix?), with assistants Brooks, JJ, Rondo, Cassell. We could take advantage of JJ’s innovation without risking his inexperience and possible “know it all” stubbornness. Anyway, at least they didn’t wait until the draft like before lol!

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Phil Handy comes back in some capacity..
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Surprised SVG hasn’t been mentioned as a potential staff member.

https://x.com/willguillory/status/1318999662309801986?s=46&t=31MC7VyR17pRpNUv5uLFPA
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
I’m wondering how the pitch for assistant coach recruiting will sound like… “Hey teach me how to coach”

Typically, the issues for new coaches tend to be:

Game Management - when to call timeout, substitution patterns, lend game plays, etc.

Practice Structure - being productive because there isn't adequate practice time during the regular season.

Stupid Human Tricks - Player X's 1st Baby Momma is fighting with Player Z's 2nd Baby Momma.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Shams:
Quote:
The Lakers are open to any contract structure that will keep James in Los Angeles, league sources told The Athletic.

He would bring in more than $162M for the Lakers in that 3 years. How often can we say anything we buy would increase in value?

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ocho wrote:
Surprised SVG hasn’t been mentioned as a potential staff member.

https://x.com/willguillory/status/1318999662309801986?s=46&t=31MC7VyR17pRpNUv5uLFPA

He doesn’t seem to like lakers when on lebatard show this past playoffs and doesn’t seem like a huge bron fan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Shams:
Quote:

Just a heads up: Just because Jeanie and the Organization are interested in bringing back LeBron doesn’t mean that LeBron has the same thought process from all reports I have gathered is that he is gonna take his time to decide what he’s gonna do in FA, I think he’s gonna meet with Philly and Cleveland there is no sense that LeBron coming back is guaranteed
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Shams:
Quote:

Just a heads up: Just because Jeanie and the Organization are interested in bringing back LeBron doesn’t mean that LeBron has the same thought process from all reports I have gathered is that he is gonna take his time to decide what he’s gonna do in FA, I think he’s gonna meet with Philly and Cleveland there is no sense that LeBron coming back is guaranteed

Don't threaten me with a good time.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
We are officially a circus.

It's a s.hit show...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I’m not too bowled over by that initial AC list. Would like to have Rondo and not really any of the others.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

There are successful first time HC. Kerr, Mazzulla, and Lue just to name a few. Give JJ the benefits of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Mazulla and Lue paid dues as an assistant.

The right group for JJ would be Fisher, Nash, Kerr. And even Kerr had front office experience before making the jump.

Last edited by dcarter4kobe on Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Things about to get Redickulous.

Riley, really hoping for the best and o hope dude is flanked with some assistant studs, even if we can’t get our hands on a Dud.

One of them absolutely, positively, serendipitously better be our defensive dynamo X&Ds guy that knows without a shadow of a doubt that AD not only works at the 4 the best but has been wasted all these years playing rim protector when the brow should have been allowed to spread his wings out on perimeter. Please…pretty please bring that guy to JJ’s bench. If it’s Rondo, Cassell, SVG, whomever…just get him here ASAP before we turn the Brow upside down #ASAD
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Riley, really hoping for the best and o hope dude is flanked with some assistant studs, even if we can’t get our hands on a Dud.

One of them absolutely, positively, serendipitously better be our defensive dynamo X&Ds guy that knows without a shadow of a doubt that AD not only works at the 4 the best but has been wasted all these years playing rim protector when the brow should have been allowed to spread his wings out on perimeter. Please…pretty please bring that guy to JJ’s bench. If it’s Rondo, Cassell, SVG, whomever…just get him here ASAP before we turn the Brow upside down #ASAD

Fawkin preach!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Shams:
Quote:

Don't threaten me with a good time.

JJ Redick becoming the Lakeds HC does seem to give us that sense that it gives good odds on LeBron coming back but it doesn’t look that way, JJ Redick is more of a Anthony Davis hire
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dcarter4kobe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

There are successful first time HC. Kerr, Mazzulla, and Lue just to name a few. Give JJ the benefits of the doubt until proven otherwise.

The right group for JJ would be Fisher, Nash, Kerr. And even Nash had front office experience before making the jump.

JJ is smart. He can learn on the fly quickly. He can figure out things like "how to stop Jokic" quicker and easier. That's what we need rn. We don't really need him to develop anyone.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

CandyCanes wrote:
Why was JJ a Duke college legend but an unremarkable NBA player? Lack of athleticism?

Because the NBA is the next level. Look at how many people were super successful in college then couldn't translate into the pros. College basketball also emphasizes systems while in the NBA individual talent goes a lot further.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

This is not about JJ.

This is about Pelinka. He has had his chances many time. He has made this a circus.

First, he could not sign Ty Lue.

Second, he picked Vogel but he fired him too soon.

Third, he brought in Ham which was a joke.

Fourth, he could not close Hurley.

Fifth, he signs JJ.

This is a circus.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The right group for JJ would be Fisher, Nash, Kerr. And even Nash had front office experience before making the jump.

JJ is smart. He can learn on the fly quickly. He can figure out things like "how to stop Jokic" quicker and easier. That's what we need rn. We don't really need him to develop anyone.

You sure that's what we need/want? Most reports have the Lakers wanting a guy tha can develop the young guys.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I like AD at the 4, but i don't know how I feel about LeBron playing defense at the 3.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

^I think Bron will do alright, particularly if we do find a legit rim protecting 5 that’s not Anthony Davis. AD will cover Bron in any age deficient tendencies that may show up with dude playing defensive 3.

Btw it looks to be a 4yr 32m deal…

Quote:
Seven weeks after firing Darvin Ham, the Los Angeles Lakers landed on their next head coach on Thursday: JJ Redick, the 15-year NBA veteran turned podcaster and broadcaster, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell The Athletic. Redick is signing a four-year deal worth in the neighborhood of $8 million per season with the Lakers, according to sources briefed on the deal. – via New York Times

Quote:
Quinn: Not at all notable but hey, just kinda neat. JJ Redick is getting $8 million per year to coach the Lakers. 20 Years ago, the Lakers offered Mike Krzyzewski, Redick's college coach, $8 million per year to become their coach.

https://x.com/SamQuinnCBS/status/1803882638274413012

Quite some coin short of a 6yr 70m deal…

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:20 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Steve Kerr was also the GM and President of Basketball Operations for the Suns before he went to TV.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Steve Kerr was also the GM and President of Basketball Operations for the Suns before he went to TV.

Correct. I meant Kerr not Nash.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Not sure if it’s official or just conjecture, but it’s supposedly a 4yr 32m deal…

Quote:
Quinn: Not at all notable but hey, just kinda neat. JJ Redick is getting $8 million per year to coach the Lakers. 20 Years ago, the Lakers offered Mike Krzyzewski, Redick's college coach, $8 million per year to become their coach.

https://x.com/SamQuinnCBS/status/1803882638274413012

Quite some coin short of a 6yr 70m deal…

I feel like 32M is an over pay too. Need to see the new average. I know coach pay has increased with the Monty deal resetting the market.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 210, 211, 212  Next
Page 187 of 212
Jump to: