THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1772, 1773, 1774 ... 3694, 3695, 3696  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

If you're still digesting here's Richard Engel warning Rachel Maddow almost 3 years ago that the essence of Russiagate is b.s., and the intelligence community is angry at Trump.

I'm sure the intelligence community is angry at Trump. Every sane person should be as well.

So is Richard Engel is now the key to the actual "truth" about Russiagate?

Did the intelligence community made up the Ukrainegate stuff too? That'd be a pretty crazy accomplishment given that Trump admitted to it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Steve Kornacki @SteveKornacki
·

New Quinnipiac national Dem poll

Warren 30%
Biden 27%
Sanders 11%
Buttigieg 8%
Harris 4%
Booker 2%
Klobuchar 2%
O'Rourke 2%
Steyer 2%
Yang 2%

Link to poll

There was also a poll in Iowa with Biden/Warren/Sanders tied for first, but Mayor Pete with 14 percent, which is not too far behind them. Even in the national poll you cited, he's not far behind Sanders. I've read that Warren and Mayor Pete have the best organizations in Iowa. And his fundraising is still strong. He could outperform expectations significantly there, and that could change things in the contests that follow. It would certainly help his VP chances.

I agree with you, and think he could be set up to finish in the top 3 in Iowa.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BREAKING: Sec of State Mike Pompeo's former sr adviser Michael McKinley, who resigned last week, to testify Wednesday behind to House impeachment investigators

Interesting.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Not everyone wants to be a fall guy for Trump's criminality.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
That Engel interview was narrowly focused on the specific issue of Russia having kompromat on Trump and that no one has been able to prove that one way or the other. No one has been able to prove Trump is a Russian asset. But all his actions of the last 3 years line up perfectly for someone who constantly makes decisions that benefit Russia. Engel wasn't saying Russian hacking of US election didn't happen.

And there are 3 years of subsequent Trump actions favoring Russia to factor in -- which hadn't all happened yet as Engel was taping this interview.

Good lord.

I was just thinking about this this morning..

IRS audits the poors and lets the Trumpery Types not get audited

I blame the IRS and the Politicians who Run the IRS for Trump not being incarcerated LONG ago
And henceforth becoming President

No citizen should be allowed to be a candidate for "ANY" Office without voluntarily opening their Tax Returns to the Select Intelligence Committees.

How can this man not be audited..

FWIW.. Did you hear Deutsche Bank lost his tax returns and some other (bleep) Democrats have been asking for....

wtbleep is this (bleep).. directed by Barr and Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-tax-returns/index.html
Quote:
"committed to cooperating with authorized investigations."
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: Sec of State Mike Pompeo's former sr adviser Michael McKinley, who resigned last week, to testify Wednesday behind to House impeachment investigators

Interesting.

Hopefully someone steps up on the Turkey call...
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Not everyone wants to be a fall guy for Trump's criminality.

True, but thus far, Cohen was the only one to flip and nothing happened to Trump. Plus Cohen was a scum bag to begin with. Having "upstanding", career guys, with no observable partisan bias testifying to Trump Admin corruption, it will be pretty damaging.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I still wonder about Tillerson... something about that big brained filthy rich environmental terrorist that makes me distrust him... He was too smooth...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

How can anybody consider the essence of "Russiagate" b.s. knowing what we know about the Trump tower meetings?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
How can anybody consider the essence of "Russiagate" b.s. knowing what we know about the Trump tower meetings?

And if you take 10 minutes and research Manafort you will know who he is and why Trump allowed him to manage his campaign.. they both owed lots of money to Oligarchs.. lol..

When you think of deep state.. Manafort has been around Political circles forever ... all around the world
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1183939546720980994

Quote:
Fiona Hill told House impeachment investigators that John Bolton ordered her to notify a WH lawyer that Giuliani was working with Mick Mulvaney on a rogue operation with legal implications

I'm so glad Mulvaney will be implicated in this. Hate that (bleep). Hopefully Mnuchin goes down too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

^
I don't know about everyone else, but this just feels different to me, different from the Mueller Report for sure. Like the dam really could break here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I don't know about everyone else, but this just feels different to me, different from the Mueller Report for sure. Like the dam really could break here.

With mueller, we could watch the obstruction real time and have a good idea about what happened but couldn’t get the details. The so called smoking gun. Here we got the smoking gun up front and now we are watching the obstruction with clear knowledge of what they are hiding.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

With mueller, we could watch the obstruction real time and have a good idea about what happened but couldn’t get the details. The so called smoking gun. Here we got the smoking gun up front and now we are watching the obstruction with clear knowledge of what they are hiding.

The GOP is so far invested in this cover up though, that they can't stop.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Now he is on a media circus saying they kicked him out.. WOMP WOMP!!

GOP rep says he was kicked out of (where he knew he wasn't supposed to be) Trump aide's deposition
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/465689-gop-rep-says-he-was-kicked-out-of-trump-aides-deposition
Quote:

A top ally of President Trump said he was asked to leave the deposition of a former Trump aide on Monday, after he tried to attend the closed-door meeting in the Capitol.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who is not a member of the three House committees handling the impeachment inquiry into Trump, said that he was asked to leave deposition of Fiona Hill, a former presidential aide on European and Russian affairs, by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.).
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

Nice way of putting it. More like snaking a sewer line. You never know how much high pressure water it will take to break the clog. Mueller Rept wasn't enough.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject:

California is the first state with mandatory later start for schools

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Now he is on a media circus saying they kicked him out.. WOMP WOMP!!

Haha. It had to be Matt Gaetz to try that. That's the genius who sparred with John Dean recently. Mugshot of DUI that his LA privileges got him out of in college included.

https://beachpeanuts.typepad.com/.a/6a0133f5d4f71b970b01a3fcc0175c970b-800wi

Also, tweeted this before Michael Cohen was to testify:

"Hey @MichaelCohen212 - Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot..."
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

Those two Ukrainian buddies of Guiliani are like the Forest Grumps of the Republican world. Videos and photos of them at every major GOP event over the last few years, from Bush funeral to FL Governor candidacy win, and of course dinner with Don Jr and multiple pics with Trump.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Steve Kornacki @SteveKornacki
·

New Quinnipiac national Dem poll

Warren 30%
Biden 27%
Sanders 11%
Buttigieg 8%
Harris 4%
Booker 2%
Klobuchar 2%
O'Rourke 2%
Steyer 2%
Yang 2%

Link to poll

There was also a poll in Iowa with Biden/Warren/Sanders tied for first, but Mayor Pete with 14 percent, which is not too far behind them. Even in the national poll you cited, he's not far behind Sanders. I've read that Warren and Mayor Pete have the best organizations in Iowa. And his fundraising is still strong. He could outperform expectations significantly there, and that could change things in the contests that follow. It would certainly help his VP chances.

I agree with you, and think he could be set up to finish in the top 3 in Iowa.

Warren-Pete pretty formidable, Mayor Pete is a veteran which is pretty anti-Trump
Warren-Kamala... I think this is the one, women ticket, educated, generational, multiracial (Can Warren take Trump's cheap shots tho, I know she's smart but so was Hillary)

It's still Biden's to lose, he still has all the superdelegates. I think pulling Hunter out of China was a bad move, bad optic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/13cfd94b-b5dd-3514-abad-5233ea93becf/biden-supporters-used-to-say.html

Last edited by governator on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

This is what happens when a con-man tries to run the US government and it's state department like a mob family and Rudy is the head cappo.

NYT: Bolton Objected to Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Calling Giuliani ‘a Hand Grenade’

Quote:
The effort to pressure Ukraine for political help provoked a heated confrontation inside the White House last summer that so alarmed John R. Bolton, then the national security adviser, that he told an aide to alert White House lawyers, House investigators were told on Monday.

Quote:
The aide, Fiona Hill, testified that Mr. Bolton told her to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council about a rogue effort by Mr. Sondland, Mr. Giuliani and Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, according to the people familiar with the testimony.

“I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers, according to two people at the deposition. (Another person in the room initially said Mr. Bolton referred to Mr. Giuliani and Mr. Mulvaney, but two others said he cited Mr. Sondland.)

Quote:
At one point, she confronted Mr. Sondland, who had inserted himself into dealings with Ukraine even though it was not part of his official portfolio, according to the people informed about Ms. Hill’s testimony.

He told her that he was in charge of Ukraine, a moment she compared to Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig Jr.’s declaration that he was in charge after the Ronald Reagan assassination attempt, according to those who heard the testimony.

According to whom, she asked.

The president, he answered.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

So all we need is for Sondland to confirm all of this and Trump is finished.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Those two Ukrainian buddies of Guiliani are like the Forest Grumps of the Republican world. Videos and photos of them at every major GOP event over the last few years, from Bush funeral to FL Governor candidacy win, and of course dinner with Don Jr and multiple pics with Trump.

When everything is said and done, don't be surprised when you all find out that those two Gumps were the ones manipulating Crazy Rudy and Trump's F-Troop. Rudy's buddies were manipulating Rudy and the entire White House, which is easy to do if you show them some shiny pennies (money, political dirt). The dealings were all orchestrated for them to grab control of something in the energy area, which is why Rudy's buddies formed a shell company with an energy name, and used to funnel illegal donations to the GOP controlled PACs. I don't think the name was just for camouflage, I think the shell was intended to become operational in some capacity. The strongest evidence of what the true objective of the shell company and Rudy's buddies will materialize once the federal investigators start tracking the money trail.

In the end, Trump was easy to game as he's an idiot. By dangling the prospect of dirt on Biden, and vindicating Agent Orange's controller, Putin from interference in the 2016 election, Trump was willing to engage the Oval Office in just about any illegal activity. Do not be surprised if withholding Ukraine's military aid was orchestrated outside of the White House, by an eastern European country.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

When everything is said and done, don't be surprised when you all find out that those two Gumps were the ones manipulating Crazy Rudy and Trump's F-Troop. Rudy's buddies were manipulating Rudy and the entire White House, which is easy to do if you show them some shiny pennies (money, political dirt). The dealings were all orchestrated for them to grab control of something in the energy area, which is why Rudy's buddies formed a shell company with an energy name, and used to funnel illegal donations to the GOP controlled PACs. I don't think the name was just for camouflage, I think the shell was intended to become operational in some capacity. The strongest evidence of what the true objective of the shell company and Rudy's buddies will materialize once the federal investigators start tracking the money trail.

In the end, Trump was easy to game as he's an idiot. By dangling the prospect of dirt on Biden, and vindicating Agent Orange's controller, Putin from interference in the 2016 election, Trump was willing to engage the Oval Office in just about any illegal activity. Do not be surprised if withholding Ukraine's military aid was orchestrated outside of the White House, by an eastern European country.

My question is, had Michael Cohen not gone to prison, and Rudy become Trump's personal lawyer, how was all this going to play out? Obviously Rudy was involved with these guys prior to Cohen's downfall. I'm guessing becoming Trump's lawyer was the only way to get him access to the White House, protection of their conversations and forgo security clearance checks, by acting as a private citizen.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-just-enlisted-america-in-a-new-axis-of-evil

Quote:
There is no national security process in this administration. It has collapsed. Or rather it has been gutted and torn down by the president. During Iran-Contra the failures of the process were so great that the entire NSC was scrutinized by the Tower Commission and reconstituted. The current situation makes it seem as though the inner workings of the Reagan NSC ran like a Swiss watch.

Following a felony plea from Trump’s first national security adviser, the president’s discomfort with taking advice from his second, the marginalization and turfing out of his third, John Bolton, and the simultaneous evisceration of the normal schedule of NSC principals and deputies meetings, the council is a shadow of its former self, led by the least qualified and consequential national security adviser in history, Robert C. O’Brien.

Further, the president is at war with the intelligence community, has alienated his “generals,” all of whom have left him, and in Mike Pompeo has a secretary of state who himself has proven to be more of a sycophant and a political fixer than a diplomat, and has come to be widely distrusted within the department he is supposed to be running. The result is that the participants in the nearly nonexistent process are themselves marginalized or weakened.

This is where Trump’s decision regarding Syria takes an especially ugly turn. While we have made mistakes in the past, there was always a prevailing national interest that could at least arguably be used to justify our decisions. Often we could also align it with an ideal like supporting democracy or defending an ally or fighting terrorism or defeating aggression or combatting the influence of geopolitical rivals like Russia. But look at this case: We are supporting an enemy of democracy, Erdogan, to help him defeat a heroic ally of ours, the Kurds, which will help reinvigorate our No. 1 terrorist foe, ISIS, reward bad actors like Iran and the Assad regime, and help Russia gain influence as we lose it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1772, 1773, 1774 ... 3694, 3695, 3696  Next
Page 1773 of 3696
Jump to: