The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1569, 1570, 1571 ... 2100, 2101, 2102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron will be rusty but rested. If AD played like an MVP, it would put less pressure on Lebron to perform. If both AD and Lebron played like an MVP, easy REPEAT!

It took AD more than a week to shake that rust off...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

LeBron being able to push the pace like he always does will be key to us repeating as world champs. Besides that, I agree with the other posters who said that he needs to move his game into the low post. I've felt that way for several years regardless.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron will be rusty but rested. If AD played like an MVP, it would put less pressure on Lebron to perform. If both AD and Lebron played like an MVP, easy REPEAT!

It took AD more than a week to shake that rust off...

That's why Lebron is coming back tomorrow, almost exactly one week from when the playoffs start. He knows what's up.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LeBron will be fine. I can’t say the same for the rest of the NBA. (bleep) is about to get real.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

So our road is GSW, PHX, LAC, UTH, Don't Matter?

#BannersOverBillboards
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
So our road is GSW, PHX, LAC, UTH, Don't Matter?

None of these teams scare me outside of possibly the Clips because we struggle with big wings. Rondo also throws in another variable against them I don't love.

But those other squads? We would eat them up if Lebron is OK.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Pretty simple. “If” James and Davis can both be healthy and both play at MVP levels the Lakers will be competitive every round.

Anything less is an early vacation with this roster. This has been the narrative from day one, nothing has changed.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
LeBron James is going to give that right ankle one more day of rest today vs. Knicks -- and target a return on Wednesday vs. Rockets, sources tell
@mctenand me.

Damn! Was really looking forward to the game tonight
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
LeBron James is going to give that right ankle one more day of rest today vs. Knicks -- and target a return on Wednesday vs. Rockets, sources tell
@mctenand me.

1) Tomorrow is banner night so he probably doesn't want to play b2b

2) To me at least imho, this shows the Lakers prefer the 7th seed. They can get the 6th seed if they win out because POR has a few tough games left
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Pretty simple. “If” James and Davis can both be healthy and both play at MVP levels the Lakers will be competitive every round.

Anything less is an early vacation with this roster. This has been the narrative from day one, nothing has changed.

The Narrative has changed, we were the favorites to win it all, healthy and the number 1 seed. Now I would considers us a strong contender but the injuries have stopped us from building badly needed chemistry.

We still have a good shot at this but we aren't in as strong of position as we're were in January.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@mctenand me.

1) Tomorrow is banner night so he probably doesn't want to play b2b

2) To me at least imho, this shows the Lakers prefer the 7th seed. They can get the 6th seed if they win out because POR has a few tough games left

Portland would have to lose 2/3 and we would have to go undefeated. They have the tie breaker. I don't think Port drops 2.

It's okay if LBJ sits, playing a b2b was never going to happen. Was just hoping he played tonight and not tomorrow because now it doesn't seem like he is really healed instead it seems like he is just forcing himself to play cause they have no choice and are waiting to the very last minute
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's inconceivable for POR to lose 2 games. Final 3 games are Utah, PHX, DEN. So that's where I'm coming from that maybe we're manipulating where we want to stay, 7th seed.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I don't think it's inconceivable for POR to lose 2 games. Final 3 games are Utah, PHX, DEN. So that's where I'm coming from that maybe we're manipulating where we want to stay, 7th seed.

Just looked into it, there is no way in hell I want the Clips round 1. Better to just to win the play-in tourney and take on the Suns
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

You guys must be crazy if you think the Lakers are content staying at the 7th spot, you never know what can happen in a play in game.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
You guys must be crazy if you think the Lakers are content staying at the 7th spot, you never know what can happen in a play in game.

2 games to beat a 8-10 seed just once or Clips round 1.
It's not a easy choice but I want at least one round of games before the battle for LA.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Good move from Lebron. Playing on a back-to-back after coming back from an injury is not a smart idea.

Plus staying in the 7th seed is the best possible situation for this team in the playoffs when we can avoid playing the Clippers in the first round.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's not a easy choice but I want at least one round of games before the battle for LA.

There is still a chance DEN leaps to the 3rd spot plus Luka is 1 game away from suspension you don’t know what can happen if you simply win out.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There is still a chance DEN leaps to the 3rd spot plus Luka is 1 game away from suspension you don’t know what can happen if you simply win out.

True but the Clips have a 1 game lead and hold the tie breaker. Plus we are a full 2 games behind Dallas. We will know if the Clips win tonight before our game so that will help.

Playing the odds the season ends with Clips as the 3 seed and us behind Dallas.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue May 11, 2021 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

True but the Clips have a 1 game lead and hold the tie breaker. Plus we are a full 2 games behind Dallas.

Again not an easy choice, but I would keep the 7th seed at this point.

If we do end up at the 7th spot and play GS, let’s hope the Lakers come out firing on all cylinders because I do not want a close game while trying to defend Curry.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

True but the Clips have a 1 game lead and hold the tie breaker. Plus we are a full 2 games behind Dallas.

If we do end up at the 7th spot and play GS, let’s hope the Lakers come out firing on all cylinders because I do not want a close game while trying to defend Curry.

Hopefully we just stomp the Warriors into the ground, if not we still get one more crack at it with the 9/10 seed.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue May 11, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Funny enough, the Nuggets hold the tie breaker over the Clippers, and are only one game behind.

If Nuggets win all of their games, and Clippers lose just one more, Lakers then don’t have to meet the Clippers till the WCF, assuming the Clippers make it that far and don’t choke like they did last year.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Even if Curry goes off, Lakers would still play winner of Memphis/San Antonio. Really don't see them losing two games like that
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Funny enough, the Nuggets hold the tie breaker over the Clippers, and are only one game behind.

If Nuggets win all of their games, and Clippers lose just one more, Lakers then don’t have to meet the Clippers till the WCF, assuming the Clippers make it that far and don’t choke like they did last year.

You are right I got that backwards. Good thing Clips play before we do tonight. It gives us more info. Actually, we should try to win tonight anyway, if we have to we can tank for the 7th when we get more data in front of us
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, it’s better if the Lakers win out it will give the team confidence heading to the playoffs, it will give the team a new swagger.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Curry can go off and we'll still stomp them. Why are we giving them any credit. Remind me who is going to guard Anthony Davis on that bum team? Hell LeBron can rest if he wants too and we'll still win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1569, 1570, 1571 ... 2100, 2101, 2102  Next
Page 1570 of 2102
Jump to: