THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakers' current valuation: $6.5B

Assuming $8B selling price, 11% x $8B = $880M (minus taxes?). If any Buss sibling had about $200M already, he or she would become instant billionaire. Sell the team and become a billionaire, Jeanie!!

Do it!!

It has to be done. It’s clear as day that Jeannie is clueless and doesn’t know what she’s doing, her circle consists of sycophants who tell her she’s pretty and smart and to make it worse she financially can’t compete in todays nba. You had your moment now wonder off into the sunset
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Assuming $8B selling price, 11% x $8B = $880M (minus taxes?). If any Buss sibling had about $200M already, he or she would become instant billionaire. Sell the team and become a billionaire, Jeanie!!

Do it!!

It has to be done. It’s clear as day that Jeannie is clueless and doesn’t know what she’s doing, her circle consists of sycophants who tell her she’s pretty and smart and to make it worse she financially can’t compete in todays nba. You had your moment now wonder off into the sunset

Yea, she's gotten 12 years to prove that she's the worst owner in the NBA so there's nothing left to prove. She should just sell the team, become a billionaire and enjoy happy, married life with Jay.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

Yea, she's gotten 12 years to prove that she's the worst owner in the NBA so there's nothing left to prove. She should just sell the team, become a billionaire and enjoy happy, married life with Jay.

I’m sure Guggenheim would let the family maintain some sort of symbolic role without any decision making powers just for appearance sake. Jeannie is all about appearance and lacks substance so that could work out good for her. I recall that 2 of the brothers already wanted to sell, Jeannie we know doesn’t want to sell, and I’m not sure on the two younger brothers or the other sister
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:59 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

I’m sure Guggenheim would let the family maintain some sort of symbolic role without any decision making powers just for appearance sake. Jeannie is all about appearance and lacks substance so that could work out good for her. I recall that 2 of the brothers already wanted to sell, Jeannie we know doesn’t want to sell, and I’m not sure on the two younger brothers or the other sister

is it possible someone else is making Jeannie holding onto the power? maybe Phil Jackson? maybe he's the puppet owner behind Jeannie? it makes no sense she does not step down, she hates criticism and being the front man of Lakers, she will get plenty of those, why not make the same amount of $$$ while don't have to deal with the pressure of running the team?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

is it possible someone else is making Jeannie holding onto the power? maybe Phil Jackson? maybe he's the puppet owner behind Jeannie? it makes no sense she does not step down, she hates criticism and being the front man of Lakers, she will get plenty of those, why not make the same amount of $$$ while don't have to deal with the pressure of running the team?

Jeannie makes $800M or whatever in a sale. How much of that do the Rambii make? Zero, and they get fired to boot. If I were the Rambii I wouldn’t want her to sell. Not that I want her to sell now either though.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:11 am    Post subject:

For those clamorning for a sale, Guggenheim has the right of first refusal meaning before a sale is opened up, they have the option to purchase the Lakers, which I'm sure they'll do.

Also, seen nothing about Buss family selling, just internet pipe dreams. Also fan bases that hope for an ownership change is the last straw in temrs of lost hope. This isn't that much different than the Frank McCourt years, just Lebron and optics give this family a pass. They're just as clueless.

Outside the Covid year, this organization hasn't finished in the top 7 of the conference standings since 2012. Let that sink in.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
For those clamorning for a sale, Guggenheim has the right of first refusal meaning before a sale is opened up, they have the option to purchase the Lakers, which I'm sure they'll do.

Also, seen nothing about Buss family selling, just internet pipe dreams. Also fan bases that hope for an ownership change is the last straw in temrs of lost hope. This isn't that much different than the Frank McCourt years, just Lebron and optics give this family a pass. They're just as clueless.

Outside the Covid year, this organization hasn't finished in the top 7 of the conference standings since 2012. Let that sink in.

Cant complain about Guggenheim's ownership....look at what happened to the Dodgers once they took over....complete 180 almost instantly.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

It's not even about the perception of Buss being cheap. It's the fact she refuses to hire real basketball minds that's not connected to Kobe or the organization some how.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
It's not even about the perception of Buss being cheap. It's the fact she refuses to hire real basketball minds that's not connected to Kobe or the organization some how.

that's the definition of being cheap. if you have a business, hire a family member always be cheaper than hire from outside. same mom and pop shot mentality.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject:

I think a lot of it is a trust and feelings thing. Not to be sexist, but women typically operate heavily off of those emotional feelings. Jeanie has stated she wants people around she can trust.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I think a lot of it is a trust and feelings thing. Not to be sexist, but women typically operate heavily off of those emotional feelings. Jeanie has stated she wants people around she can trust.

that is true, but that does not give her a pass. she's not running a diner here, it's the freaking most marquee brand in NBA. she should have the decency and knowledge to realize the difference.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

that's the definition of being cheap. if you have a business, hire a family member always be cheaper than hire from outside. same mom and pop shot mentality.

Ownership does try to keep the financial margins for themselves. But I think the approach with who is hired is more about political security for Jeanie. She brings in loyalists who she knows don't have equivalent prospects outside of the opportunity she provides. It's bureaucrat 101.

The one person who did have alternatives was Magic, and he burned it down.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
If Jeanie would just sell the rest to Guggenheim to hire Stan Kasten to hire Sam Presti, then we would be in such good hands.

What has Sam Presti won as the guy? Nothing is the answer.

Lucking into Shai from a desperate Clippers team and drafting good players with very high draft picks after losing year after year does not make you the best executive in the league.

Lucking into Shai (and the billion draft picks) tells me you don't know jack ish.

I can rattle off the names he's drafted and developed only to lose because of being in a small market but I won't cause I already know you don't know jack sh!t.

So you see.. when there is something that is easily identifiable (like winning a title) that is available for all to see, it doesn’t really matter how much you swear or scream or yell. He’s either won or he hasn’t. And he hasn’t won anything.

He has some good players that he drafted with top 5 draft picks and a supporting cast that will, in the end, not be good enough. Just like all of his teams. He gets the easy ones right.. but fails to build around them. Or he decides to trade James Harden and Ibaka. Or he fails to push some chips to the middle and improve the team this season when they might have had a real shot.

Can he just win one title on his own before we crown him as the great current GM in basketball? Can he win just one time?

To not view Presti as a standout talent evaluator/developer just cause OKC hasn't won a chip is disingenuous on your part. Should've known with your "lucked into Shai" and " they only draft good players with high draft picks" comment...as if Presti didn't know what he was getting in SGA ...as if he didn't gather all those draft picks as a side dish. As if guys like Bledsoe, R Jackson, Landry, BB, Adams, Quickly, Jal Williams, Senguin (yeah I know he was traded which was a misfire), Lively, etc. were not picked in the later rounds. He turned Ibaka into Oladipo/Sabonis into PG into SGA and a ton of firsts --- That is a masterclass in asset management. Name me one big time free agent OKC has signed during his tenure? I'll wait. Presti has built his teams strictly through the draft and player development. The fact that he's been able to put out competitive teams despite the financial handcuffs should be recognized and appreciated.

BTW, did Andrew Friedman win a chip with Tampa before coming to LA? No....but people knew his genius. I think it's worked out pretty well for the Dodgers ever since Kasten hired AF.

If the Clippers weren’t desperate.. he wouldn’t have SGA. That certainly wasn’t a trade he initiated. He certainly gets credit for identifying the player they had with the most upside. Probably every GM in the league would have asked for him in that deal. Are they all geniuses? Obviously they are not.

He didn’t recognize that this could have been their year if he pushed some of his trade chips into the middle of the table. It was obvious they were undersized but he did nothing to address it at the deadline. Perhaps he’s waiting for the right time, I guess, but these windows sometimes close earlier than expected. A player might get hurt. A young player doesn’t make the leap your expecting. Things happen.

It does appear that he has terrible ownership.

It still doesn’t change the fact that he hasn’t won anything. He’s had a prime Westbrook, Durant, Harden, SGA, and he has nothing to show for it thus far.

His free agent signings tend to be overrated role players who flame out and/or don’t help the team jump to the next level. Surely that should also be used to evaluate the front office, right? Isn’t that also part of being a GM?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Cant complain about Guggenheim's ownership....look at what happened to the Dodgers once they took over....complete 180 almost instantly.

They also won a COVID championship
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

it really has nothing to do with the fact she is a women, even if Dr Buss is still alive today, he would struggle as well, but the smart business men he was would probably sold the team and take the windfall.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

They also won a COVID championship

are they the best team every year since Guggenheim took over? did you hear about Guggenheim penny pinching on anything? they might not win the WS every year, but they always try their best.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

it will take more than that, probably over 10B at the minimum.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
If Jeanie would just sell the rest to Guggenheim to hire Stan Kasten to hire Sam Presti, then we would be in such good hands.

Lucking into Shai from a desperate Clippers team and drafting good players with very high draft picks after losing year after year does not make you the best executive in the league.

Lucking into Shai (and the billion draft picks) tells me you don't know jack ish.

I can rattle off the names he's drafted and developed only to lose because of being in a small market but I won't cause I already know you don't know jack sh!t.

So you see.. when there is something that is easily identifiable (like winning a title) that is available for all to see, it doesn’t really matter how much you swear or scream or yell. He’s either won or he hasn’t. And he hasn’t won anything.

He has some good players that he drafted with top 5 draft picks and a supporting cast that will, in the end, not be good enough. Just like all of his teams. He gets the easy ones right.. but fails to build around them. Or he decides to trade James Harden and Ibaka. Or he fails to push some chips to the middle and improve the team this season when they might have had a real shot.

Can he just win one title on his own before we crown him as the great current GM in basketball? Can he win just one time?

To not view Presti as a standout talent evaluator/developer just cause OKC hasn't won a chip is disingenuous on your part. Should've known with your "lucked into Shai" and " they only draft good players with high draft picks" comment...as if Presti didn't know what he was getting in SGA ...as if he didn't gather all those draft picks as a side dish. As if guys like Bledsoe, R Jackson, Landry, BB, Adams, Quickly, Jal Williams, Senguin (yeah I know he was traded which was a misfire), Lively, etc. were not picked in the later rounds. He turned Ibaka into Oladipo/Sabonis into PG into SGA and a ton of firsts --- That is a masterclass in asset management. Name me one big time free agent OKC has signed during his tenure? I'll wait. Presti has built his teams strictly through the draft and player development. The fact that he's been able to put out competitive teams despite the financial handcuffs should be recognized and appreciated.

BTW, did Andrew Friedman win a chip with Tampa before coming to LA? No....but people knew his genius. I think it's worked out pretty well for the Dodgers ever since Kasten hired AF.

Don't waste your time arguing w/a clown.

I mentioned Sam Presti as my dream hire a few pages back.

Sam Presti is my NBA equivalent of Andrew Friedman. I am 100% confident with him running the team that the Lakers would win a multiple titles.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Don't waste your time arguing w/a clown.

I mentioned Sam Presti as my dream hire a few pages back.

Sam Presti is my NBA equivalent of Andrew Friedman. I am 100% confident with him running the team that the Lakers would win a multiple titles.

Presti and OKC fans got screwed out of multiple championships because cheap OKC ownership refused to pay for both Harden and Kendrick Perkins.

Now he has rebuilt them into being the #1 seed after fleecing the Clippers in the Paul George trade.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

Jeanie is the alpha female so if she wants to sell, the others will follow. She could get free front row seat for life and play the role of Jack Nicholson as the unofficial cheerleader.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie made the call to keep Ham. Does Jeanie have the final word on hiring JJ too? I'm sorry but she has cycled thru so many coaches already in her 12 years tenure as Lakers governor that I'm having trust issues with her.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

Jeanie is the alpha female so if she wants to sell, the others will follow. She could get free front row seat for life and play the role of Jack Nicholson as the unofficial cheerleader.

Does it have to be a 100 percent vote from the siblings or a majority? Jim ain't selling. Lol
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

Does it have to be a 100 percent vote from the siblings or a majority? Jim ain't selling. Lol

All six siblings have to agree. Maybe a billionaire like Ballmer would come along and made a generous offer of about $10B, then they would all happily agree to sell.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

It would be foolish for Jesse and Joey to want to sell. The way the trust is set up once Johnny, Jim, Jeanie and Janie kick the bucket those two will own 33% of the team each.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lakid wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Do it!!

It would be foolish for Jesse and Joey to want to sell. The way the trust is set up once Johnny, Jim, Jeanie and Janie kick the bucket those two will own 33% of the team each.

Makes sense for them two to hold. They can then sell a combined like 12 percent each to Guggenheim. That would give Guggenheim 51 percent ownership and controlling owners and still leave Jesse and Joey 21% of ownership interest each.

Just a thought of something that can happen long down the road
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: