THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:51 pm    Post subject:

1 championship in 14 years and it's going to get worse.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

This Ringer article is just amazing. First time I have heard of Lex Pryor. https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2024/6/17/24179755/los-angeles-lakers-jj-reddick-head-coach-dan-hurley-lebron-free-agent
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
This Ringer article is just amazing. First time I have heard of Lex Pryor. https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2024/6/17/24179755/los-angeles-lakers-jj-reddick-head-coach-dan-hurley-lebron-free-agent

This article is talking my book and captures my frustrations with Jeanie and Rob. I could copy and paste the entire article but a couple of sections stand out.

Quote:
When the Lakers are criticized for their decision-making apparatus, their relatively limited talent base, their roster and culture-building naivete, the company line involves buried craniums and circled wagons. Legends are empowered to heights they have no experience summiting. Agents arrive and carve out practical fiefdoms. When the going gets rough, a Rambis becomes consigliere. Former coaching paramours serve as advisers in future matchmaking.

Quote:
Even if pocket watching isn’t your bag, there is no denying that the choice to center the franchise on its stars can, if left unchecked, have the effect of disempowering other parts of the team-building structure. Who wants to coach a team where they wonder if they’ll ultimately answer, directly or indirectly, to a select few of the figures whose talents they’re being brought in to maximize in the first place? What kinds of failures in roster construction are possible when those with the most immediate stake end up swaying those whose very function is to be, at some level, detached from the present to plan for the future? How do these things backfire, not only scarring the franchise in the present, but also endangering its immediate future? LeBron may just be using his potential free agency like that one-dribble 3-pointer he likes to turn to, but the fact that he’s (indirectly) flexing those muscles, given all the personal disincentives he has for leaving L.A., is an organization-wide failure—one rooted in its inability to satiate its “stakeholders” without overpowering them. There is a way to account for your best players’ preferences, to give them a role in shaping the roster they’ll helm on the court, without so involving them that their judgment and yours are intertwined off it.
sorkin
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Bring back Jim Buss petition. Signed.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

sorkin wrote:
Bring back Jim Buss petition. Signed.

Celtics never won a ring on Jim Buss’s watch.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Now what, Jeanie? Now what? Still gonna be cheap? You can keep your money but Foston is gonna keep winning more championships unless you spend to make the Lakers better and let the Lakers smack them.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

The Celtics are taking full advantage of a championship window that is barely opening. They are the best team in the league and nobody near them in the east.

Meanwhile, we cannot even lure Hurley. We have nothing to look forward to in the near future and have fumbled through lackluster coaches for almost a decade.

Jeanie Buss and her clan have ran this franchise to the ground and it is only by Lebron’s decision to move to LA for his brand that we lucked into a title.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

If Jeanie would just sell the rest to Guggenheim to hire Stan Kasten to hire Sam Presti, then we would be in such good hands.

Kiss my Converse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
If Jeanie would just sell the rest to Guggenheim to hire Stan Kasten to hire Sam Presti, then we would be in such good hands.

I know this is a dump on Jeanie thread but she can’t do that, it would take her siblings to agree.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

I know this is a dump on Jeanie thread but she can’t do that, it would take her siblings to agree.

They could probably get about $600M each in a sale.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Yeah, I get that. But I'd go out say that her siblings would be willing to cash out. It's Jeanie who's hell-bent on keeping this within the family as per her father's wishes. It's on her to let it go -- being the majority.

Kiss my Converse.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

No, they only own like 60% of the team. They would all get a little over 300M a piece if they sell the Buss share for like 320B
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

No, they only own like 60% of the team. They would all get a little over 300M a piece if they sell the Buss share for like 320B

They would get well above market value for an asset like the Lakers. The Clippers were valued at around $1B, so were the dodgers when they sold, but because it was such a rare asset, both of them sold for 200% above market. The Lakers will get a big premium.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:13 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

They would get well above market value for an asset like the Lakers. The Clippers were valued at around $1B, so were the dodgers when they sold, but because it was such a rare asset, both of them sold for 200% above market. The Lakers will get a big premium.

They would get like 600B for the whole team, they don't own the whole team. They aren't getting 600B for 60%, they don't even own the arena. Lol
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:

What has Sam Presti won as the guy? Nothing is the answer.

Lucking into Shai from a desperate Clippers team and drafting good players with very high draft picks after losing year after year does not make you the best executive in the league.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:16 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

The Lakers are probably worth at least 7-8 billion dollars.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

They would get like 600B for the whole team, they don't own the whole team. They aren't getting 600B for 60%, they don't even own the arena. Lol

I think you misread my post? You have lost me. Each of the beneficiaries own about 11% of the team. I said they could make $600M each. The teams market value is $5.9B give or take, but if the team hits the market there will be many buyers willing to pay market value, it will be bid up significantly. I might actually be low with the $600M estimate.

$300M for an 11% stake as you have quoted is a value of $2.7B. You are really underestimating the value of the Lakers. The Clippers got $2B ten years ago. If you own any property in LA and want to sell, I would love to buy it from you. I like the way you value assets.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Lucking into Shai from a desperate Clippers team and drafting good players with very high draft picks after losing year after year does not make you the best executive in the league.

Lucking into Shai (and the billion draft picks) tells me you don't know jack ish.

I can rattle off the names he's drafted and developed only to lose because of being in a small market but I won't cause I already know you don't know jack sh!t.

Kiss my Converse.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject:

celtics reclaim title lead. Jeanie can't hire a decent coach.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

I think you misread my post? You have lost me. Each of the beneficiaries own about 11% of the team. I said they could make $600M each. The teams market value is $5.9B give or take, but if the team hits the market there will be many buyers willing to pay market value, it will be bid up significantly. I might actually be low with the $600M estimate.

$300M for an 11% stake as you have quoted is a value of $2.7B. You are really underestimating the value of the Lakers. The Clippers got $2B ten years ago. If you own any property in LA and want to sell, I would love to buy it from you. I like the way you value assets.

My bad, I kept dividing the assumed value of the 66% by 11 Buss kids. Lol
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

lol, he might! And his ex-wife has a piece doesn’t she? Idk.

It’s a stressful night. Dan Hurley turned us down. 9 days from the draft. No coach. Probably gonna draft Bronny. No hope for the future. This sucks.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

Lucking into Shai (and the billion draft picks) tells me you don't know jack ish.

I can rattle off the names he's drafted and developed only to lose because of being in a small market but I won't cause I already know you don't know jack sh!t.

So you see.. when there is something that is easily identifiable (like winning a title) that is available for all to see, it doesn’t really matter how much you swear or scream or yell. He’s either won or he hasn’t. And he hasn’t won anything.

He has some good players that he drafted with top 5 draft picks and a supporting cast that will, in the end, not be good enough. Just like all of his teams. He gets the easy ones right.. but fails to build around them. Or he decides to trade James Harden and Ibaka. Or he fails to push some chips to the middle and improve the team this season when they might have had a real shot.

Can he just win one title on his own before we crown him as the great current GM in basketball? Can he win just one time?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:27 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

lol, he might! And his ex-wife has a piece doesn’t she? Idk.

It’s a stressful night. Dan Hurley turned us down. 9 days from the draft. No coach. Probably gonna draft Bronny. No hope for the future. This sucks.

The 6 Buss kids have 11% each, so the family trust has 66% of the team.

They could share half their shares and bank like $500M each. They should really sell it.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:12 am    Post subject:

Lakers' current valuation: $6.5B

Assuming $8B selling price, 11% x $8B = $880M (minus taxes?). If any Buss sibling had about $200M already, he or she would become instant billionaire. Sell the team and become a billionaire, Jeanie!!

Do it!!
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:39 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:

So you see.. when there is something that is easily identifiable (like winning a title) that is available for all to see, it doesn’t really matter how much you swear or scream or yell. He’s either won or he hasn’t. And he hasn’t won anything.

He has some good players that he drafted with top 5 draft picks and a supporting cast that will, in the end, not be good enough. Just like all of his teams. He gets the easy ones right.. but fails to build around them. Or he decides to trade James Harden and Ibaka. Or he fails to push some chips to the middle and improve the team this season when they might have had a real shot.

Can he just win one title on his own before we crown him as the great current GM in basketball? Can he win just one time?

To not view Presti as a standout talent evaluator/developer just cause OKC hasn't won a chip is disingenuous on your part. Should've known with your "lucked into Shai" and " they only draft good players with high draft picks" comment...as if Presti didn't know what he was getting in SGA ...as if he didn't gather all those draft picks as a side dish. As if guys like Bledsoe, R Jackson, Landry, BB, Adams, Quickly, Jal Williams, Senguin (yeah I know he was traded which was a misfire), Lively, etc. were not picked in the later rounds. He turned Ibaka into Oladipo/Sabonis into PG into SGA and a ton of firsts --- That is a masterclass in asset management. Name me one big time free agent OKC has signed during his tenure? I'll wait. Presti has built his teams strictly through the draft and player development. The fact that he's been able to put out competitive teams despite the financial handcuffs should be recognized and appreciated.

BTW, did Andrew Friedman win a chip with Tampa before coming to LA? No....but people knew his genius. I think it's worked out pretty well for the Dodgers ever since Kasten hired AF.

Kiss my Converse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17
Jump to: