NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 2662, 2663, 2664  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Shams.

Quote:
The Lakers offered the Nets a package of Westbrook and two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 for Irving in the last two days, sources with knowledge of the discussions said — to which the Nets informed the Lakers that in order to make an offer to get in the Irving sweepstakes they would require all of their young players such as Austin Reaves and Max Christie and pick swaps in addition to Westbrook and the two first-round picks.

The Nets ultimately moved on from a possible Lakers framework to choose Dallas.

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha

As Shams lays out in here, and I reported on Friday, the Lakers were offering Russell Westbrook and their 2027 and 2029 first-round picks to the Nets. But Brooklyn wanted more — including both Austin Reaves and Max Christie — and the Lakers weren’t interested in that.

Thank you, Rob. F off, New Jersey!

Awesome. Although, we should qualify this with "they weren't interested in that because Kyrie wasn't going to agree to a 2-year extension".
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

hypothetically obviously.. would you trade that kyrie package that shams reported for kd?
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Thank you nets for saving us from Pelinkas stupidity.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:
The Lakers offered the Nets a package of Westbrook and two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 for Irving in the last two days, sources with knowledge of the discussions said — to which the Nets informed the Lakers that in order to make an offer to get in the Irving sweepstakes they would require all of their young players such as Austin Reaves and Max Christie and pick swaps in addition to Westbrook and the two first-round picks.

LOL All that just to enter the bidding? Yeah, they were never trading him here.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

Pick swaps. Did I call it, or what?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Haynes:

Quote:
Sources: Brooklyn Nets received Los Angeles Lakers’ proposal that did include team’s two first-round picks (2027, 2029) and Phoenix Suns’ offer of Chris Paul, Jae Crowder and unspecified picks: @NBATV

Saved from ourselves.

Two picks for a rental, or two picks if Kyrie extended two more years? They don’t make that part clear. Hopefully the two picks were offered with the stipulation of an extension.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Surprised Joe didn't ask Jeanie to marry him 😂
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
levon wrote:
You guys are really burying Paul prematurely here
I take him over Dinwiddie 10/10 times in the playoffs

We literally watched them play each other in the playoffs last year and Dinwiddie was better

Yes, he was. This is not because Dinwiddie was really good. It's because Paul has a fork stuck in his back.

And yet our favorite metrics EPM and RAPTOR both rate forked-up Paul higher than Dinwiddie. Like by a lot. I get the injury and contract concerns though.

We're talking about the playoffs last year.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
levon wrote:

We literally watched them play each other in the playoffs last year and Dinwiddie was better

Yes, he was. This is not because Dinwiddie was really good. It's because Paul has a fork stuck in his back.

And yet our favorite metrics EPM and RAPTOR both rate forked-up Paul higher than Dinwiddie. Like by a lot. I get the injury and contract concerns though.

In which he averaged 14 points on 57% TS? What am I missing? Was it one of those "you had to be there" moments?

Last edited by levon on Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

Woof. No thanks on that. Glad we didn’t bite
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

That is too much but at the same time the Mavs package is still better because the Nets still want to win now.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
The “Lakers Tax” deniers take another huge L today. Dave McMenamin has said for years that league executives have bias/envy/hatred towards the Lakers and it impacts negotiations and decision making.

Oh, come on. You're more rational than that. Our offer was junk, because that's all we have. We can all lose our perspective from swimming in IG's fishbowl. Some people seem to think that our '27 and '29 picks are made of gold and studded with diamonds. They aren't. No one in the league expects the Lakers to be the worst team in the NBA during those years. They are more likely to be late lottery picks at best, say 12ish.

So we're saying, hey Sean, have we got a deal for you! We'll give you a player you don't want and who probably can't play on the same team as your superstar. But wait, there's more! We'll throw in a couple first round picks in 4 and 6 years. We don't know where you'll be working then, but your successor will appreciate those picks! You can have all this for the low, low price of your second best player!

And you think that this is a "Laker tax"? Again, come on. You're more rational than that.

Agree with all this except the "no one expects the Lakers to be the worst team in the NBA during those years". If the last 10 years are any indication, they should expect those two to comfortably be lottery picks.

12ish is in the lottery. The picks become super-valuable only if you think that the Lakers are going to be the worst team in the league, or close to it. In other words, do you expect a good shot at the #1 pick or at least a top 3 pick? I don't think anyone really expects the Lakers to be that bad. A pick in the 10-12 range has value, but not the gold-plated, diamond-crusted value that some people seem to think. If you really think that we'll be the worst team in the league, or close to it, then we sure do need to keep those picks.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

BULLET. DODGED. THANK YOU LORD.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Surprised Joe didn't ask Jeanie to marry him 😂

TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

Basically make impossible demands lol. Tsai is a loser and Brooklyn is cesspool franchise.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha

As Shams lays out in here, and I reported on Friday, the Lakers were offering Russell Westbrook and their 2027 and 2029 first-round picks to the Nets. But Brooklyn wanted more — including both Austin Reaves and Max Christie — and the Lakers weren’t interested in that.

Awesome. Although, we should qualify this with "they weren't interested in that because Kyrie wasn't going to agree to a 2-year extension".

Should of done the deal. You get Kyrie and Harris, both of which replace any of WB/Reaves/Christie. Bron will be almost 60 when Christie gets Brons current age.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha

Should of done the deal. You get Kyrie and Harris, both of which replace any of WB/Reaves/Christie. Bron will be almost 60 when Christie gets Brons current age.

Yeah no.

This is almost as dumb as saying we should release Lebron

We root for the Lakers not for the LeBandwagon
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In other words, do you expect a good shot at the #1 pick or at least a top 3 pick? I don't think anyone really expects the Lakers to be that bad.

I do.

We have the 9th worst record in the league WITH LeBron James and Anthony Davis. When those guys are gone I expect us to be much worse.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I still can’t believe they didn’t take that clips deal if it’s true.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha

Should have done the deal. You get Kyrie and Harris, both of which replace any of WB/Reaves/Christie. Bron will be almost 60 when Christie gets Brons current age.

Both picks and pick swaps is too much. You can’t go a whole decade with no control over your 1st rd picks LOL
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
ocho wrote:
Shams.

Quote:

Woof. No thanks on that. Glad we didn’t bite

You have to believe that LA was engaged with 3rd teams when they discussed Kyrie deals in the off season. Teams like Utah and SA are still sitting in the same spot. If LA didn't quickly try to find the same or another 3rd team that's on them. We don't know though, who knows if the picks were actually offered and protection wasn't leaked. Also, what pick swaps are they even eligible to deal at this point? Dodged a bullet is right if this is correct.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

KingJames wrote:
Maybe it’s Me

Don’t know why Lebron is blaming himself.
We tried even when there never was a chance.

We still got 4 more days to make something happen.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Despite missing out on Kyrie Irving, Lakers still optimistic they can upgrade roster before trade deadline. The three challenges. Is another star available? The Lakers don’t have many assets. Despite willing to trade picks or young players, they haven’t been willing to do both

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1622429973075357697?t=qQWmdBLbXXLeqNrlY8unbA&s=19
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
levon wrote:

In which he averaged 14 points on 57% TS? What am I missing? Was it one of those "you had to be there" moments?

Yes. I like Chris Paul. I've always liked him. It was hard to watch him in that series. You're talking about shooting percentages, but he averaged only 13 points. He took fewer than 10 shots per game. Dinwiddie wasn't even a starter, but he almost matched those numbers. I'm not even saying that Dinwiddie was good. Chris Paul was just hard to watch. They played Game 7 in Phoenix, and the Suns lost by like 30. At home. In Game 7. I thought that Chris should have just retired and gone to work selling car insurance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 2662, 2663, 2664  Next
Page 1105 of 2664
Jump to: