THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: CHEAP JEANNIE STRIKES AGAIN

Vin wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Dan Hurley was OURS!!!!!

6 yrs $70M is BS, that's an avg of $11.5M

The top coaching salaries https://frontofficesports.com/highest-paid-nba-coaches/

Kerr ($17.5M), Pop ($16M), Spo ($15M), Monty FRIGGIN Williamsn ($13M)

and now Ty Lue just got $14M per

If Jeannie was serious it should have been 7 yrs and an even $100M

Top 6 salary for a coach in the NBA. Not bad for a guy with 0 NBA experience. I don't think it was about money.

It wasn't but some will cry anyway
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

Now you see the difference between a Brad Stevens and a Rob Pelinka/Jeanie Buss. No wonder they are light years ahead.

Only way they redeem themselves is by cleaning house and looking at Kenny Atkinson. He may not be the Dan Hurley but he's very good.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LOL...She wants to save like $30M or even $100M in coach's salary but little does she know that a good HC could make the franchise billions of dollars over the long run.

Save $100M to lose out on billions of dollars. The mindset of a typical inherited millionaire.

What a (bleep) joke of an owner.

#SellTheLakers
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
It also tells me Jeanie, Rob and Kurt all continue to be clueless in knowing what the league is doing, what folks are worth, etc.
Its not a bad offer but it was too low. Lakers brand needs to show their seriousness for someone like Hurley.
Not sure even $15 mill per year would have made a difference. He wasn't leaving UConn where he is loved and respected to a challenging Lakers job where he would be coaching a 40 year old Lebron and crew.

I don't get why trying to get him is a bad move. Like it's no different from when Kawhi or PG passed, it is what it is. Lakers will move on

The comments are wild to me though. It's like LA wasn't in the WCF last year or didn't win a title since 27 other teams haven't.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Now you see the difference between a Brad Stevens and a Rob Pelinka/Jeanie Buss. No wonder they are light years ahead.

Only way they redeem themselves is by cleaning house and looking at Kenny Atkinson. He may not be the Dan Hurley but he's very good.

This is funny. The Celtics have consistently underperformed, and the Lakers actually have a title this decade, but somehow they are light years ahead of us.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
It also tells me Jeanie, Rob and Kurt all continue to be clueless in knowing what the league is doing, what folks are worth, etc.
Its not a bad offer but it was too low. Lakers brand needs to show their seriousness for someone like Hurley.
Not sure even $15 mill per year would have made a difference. He wasn't leaving UConn where he is loved and respected to a challenging Lakers job where he would be coaching a 40 year old Lebron and crew.

I don't get why trying to get him is a bad move. Like it's no different from when Kawhi or PG passed, it is what it is. Lakers will move on

The comments are wild to me though. It's like LA wasn't in the WCF last year or didn't win a title since 27 other teams haven't.

Bro, that was the effect of getting Lebron for free. You need to look at 2013 to 2017 and see what it would have been like today still if Lebron didn't choose us.

In other words, the front office has been absolute trash and hasn't really accomplished anything and has just gotten very lucky that Lebron wanted to choose LA as his longterm home.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

This is funny. The Celtics have consistently underperformed, and the Lakers actually have a title this decade, but somehow they are light years ahead of us.

We hire and then fire coaches every 2 years. Who wants to be around that level of volatility and instability? Dan Hurley is just cutting his losses early because he knows the truth. There's nothing enticing about the Lakers coaching job, and the FO is a big reason why.

The Lakers have a poor managerial structure and a high turnover rate, with respect to coaches, young talent and draft picks. They'll shop AR and the picks as soon as a "good" offer comes up. There is no such thing as continuity in this organization. Almost feels like some kind of 2k nightmare.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Bro, that was the effect of getting Lebron for free. You need to look at 2013 to 2017 and see what it would have been like today still if Lebron didn't choose us.

In other words, the front office has been absolute trash and hasn't really accomplished anything and has just gotten very lucky that Lebron wanted to choose LA as his longterm home.

Lebron for free??? See, this is what I mean. Rob fixed the roster cap hell and freed up room, LA also drafted really well and assembled a nice core. The land Lebron despite all the drama and outside forces trying to prevent it. They then made the AD deal. LA wins a ring. But somehow the FO is trash??

Meanwhile look around the league and what do you see. No teams are dominant, it's a parity NBA right now. Boston still has no ring despite that stacked roster. Maybe the close this series out, but wouldn't be shocked if Dallas came back to win.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

We hire and then fire coaches every 2 years. Who wants to be around that level of volatility and instability? Dan Hurley is just cutting his losses early because he knows the truth. There's nothing enticing about the Lakers coaching job, and the FO is a big reason why.

The Lakers have a poor managerial structure and a high turnover rate, with respect to coaches, young talent and draft picks. They'll shop AR and the picks as soon as a "good" offer comes up. There is no such thing as continuity in this organization. Almost feels like some kind of 2k nightmare.

He already knew this information before coming here for an interview. Why would he still come? Was he just trying to make a mockery out of the Lakers for his own amusement? Think before you talk.

He came here for one and one thing only. To see how much the Lakers were willing to offer him. If the offer was high enough, he would have left the stability and comfort of UConn.
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

I don't disagree with coach turnover, I think that's a symptom of placating to Lebron, but that's on the FO. It doesn't really have to do with Hurley though. Simply put it seems his wife didn't want to come here, that was THE issue from what I heard.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
levon wrote:
defense wrote:
Insert whom ever you think is the best coach. At the end of the day it still wont matter because we have to build a contending team first. Step one will always be start the rebuild, what ever that looks like.

That starts with having an actual basketball mind in the braintrust, one that understands how to develop and what type of players to acquire for the system they want to run. This coach would have been that. They're not even remotely mutually exclusive.

I am looking forward to the day Guggenheim takes over and cleans house.

Hires Sam Presti and gives him full autonomy.

This would be a dream, I can't believe we lost out on Hurley because of a few million a year. 6yrs 90mil for 0 NBA exp would have been enough, I think. So that's really less than 3.5mil a year. Guggenheim group won't blink.
Imagine the Lakers having a Dodgers type off-season. Hasn't happened since 1996.
Sell the team and keep a Buss Box at Crypto for the family, I think a Dr. Buss statue would be cool too, but time to move on from whatever this has been since Phil left and took any semblance of basketball acumen and accountability with him. Sad news day for the P-n-G for sure.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
levon wrote:
defense wrote:
Insert whom ever you think is the best coach. At the end of the day it still wont matter because we have to build a contending team first. Step one will always be start the rebuild, what ever that looks like.

That starts with having an actual basketball mind in the braintrust, one that understands how to develop and what type of players to acquire for the system they want to run. This coach would have been that. They're not even remotely mutually exclusive.

I am looking forward to the day Guggenheim takes over and cleans house.

Hires Sam Presti and gives him full autonomy.

This would be a dream, I can't believe we lost out on Hurley because of a few million a year. 6yrs 90mil for 0 NBA exp would have been enough, I think. So that's really less than 3.5mil a year. Guggenheim group won't blink.
Imagine the Lakers having a Dodgers type off-season. Hasn't happened since 1996.
Sell the team and keep a Buss Box at Crypto for the family, I think a Dr. Buss statue would be cool too, but time to move on from whatever this has been since Phil left and took any semblance of basketball acumen and accountability with him. Sad news day for the P-n-G for sure.

AT the very least Mark Walter sends Jeanie a text and asks, "What are you doing?"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
22 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
22 wrote:
Jeanie gets so much praise in the media, but in reality she is not a good owner

Mediocre at best, bottom tier really

They have to praise her, it would look bad if they were bashing a female owner

Very true. No one has a spine to call it like it is

I hear "Jeanie has been a great partner for the league" and that everyone likes her. Translation: we want a weak and exploitable governer in charge of the Lakers.

Yup, it’s like Mike Malone saying Darvin is a great coach and he hopes he stays with the lakers lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

don't get fooled by the 11.5M annual salary, because it is a 6 year deal, so halfway thru the deal, with the direction inflation and head coach market are heading, 11.5M will just be the average NBA HC salary, and Hurley still have 3 years remaining on the deal. this is why this deal blows, it reeks cheapness. this feels like someone (in this case Jeannie Buss) wants to lock in on an okay interest rate (the 11.5M annual salary) for long term, knowing the rate will certainly go up in future.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Quick update on the Lakers ownership

66% - Buss family, 11% to each of the 6 kids

27% - Guggenheim (Mark Walters & Todd Boehly)

7% - Remaining share is owned by Ed Roski, Patrick Soon-Shiong, and maybe some other individuals I am not aware of.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP JEANNIE STRIKES AGAIN

LakerFan1987 wrote:

I believe the Uconn extension on the table is for 6 yrs / $50M and considering the insane taxes in CA, is he really making much more?

That's why if Jeannie was serious it had to be 6 yrs / $100M

It wasn't the taxes.

State-Local Tax Burdens by State:

California 13.5% Ranked 46
Connecticut 15.4% Ranked 49
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: CHEAP JEANNIE STRIKES AGAIN

ducasse wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

I believe the Uconn extension on the table is for 6 yrs / $50M and considering the insane taxes in CA, is he really making much more?

That's why if Jeannie was serious it had to be 6 yrs / $100M

It wasn't the taxes.

State-Local Tax Burdens by State:

California 13.5% Ranked 46
Connecticut 15.4% Ranked 49

Thanks, forgot Connecticut home of the Hedge Funds.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Ikr. Since Lebron, we still haven’t lost a series we were favored to win. Everything has gone as predicted playoffs wise. No underperforming there. And we were ravaged by injuries in 2019/2022. Out of our control nothing we could do about that.

I’ll take one title and 4 years of no playoffs over 3 years of ECF and 2 finals appearances but zero ring any day of the week.

And even with Celtics winning this title…we both have the same amount won in the last decade.

All the smart asset management, roster construction etc of the Celtics in a weaker conference yielded the same championship total (at least it looks like it will be) as the poorly managed Lakers team in a tougher conference lol
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Ikr. Since Lebron, we still haven’t lost a series we were favored to win. Everything has gone as predicted playoffs wise. No underperforming there. And we were ravaged by injuries in 2019/2022. Out of our control nothing we could do about that.

I’ll take one title and 4 years of no playoffs over 3 years of ECF and 2 finals appearances but zero ring any day of the week.

And even with Celtics winning this title…we both have the same amount won in the last decade.

All the smart asset management, roster construction etc of the Celtics in a weaker conference yielded the same championship total (at least it looks like it will be) as the poorly managed Lakers team in a tougher conference lol

Celtic team is set for the next 5 years. can you say the same about the Lakers? we don't know if LeBron will stay, we don't have a head coach only couple weeks away from draft.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

The Lakers lucked out on a top 5 all-time player deciding to come here for no reason other than he wanted to move his family to LA for business ventures and for his two boys to join elite prep school basketball programs here. But he was on the back half of his prime.

We were fortunate to win one title out of this move, but we are now stuck in no man's land (early exits in playoffs) and we used many of our assets to acquire AD to be his second banana. I love AD, but he has proven not to be a franchise player for a title team, but a great number 2. Now our #1 guy is turning 40. We don't have great assets and we have no coach.

Celtics are about to win a title with a main core of guys all in their 20's (Tatum, Brown, Porzingis, White).

So yeah, they are currently light years ahead of us.

In hindsight, I would still do essentially the same moves to acquire LeBron and AD, but I would have made different decisions regarding coaching (essentially Lue instead Vogel) and some trades.

But yeah, this is what you get when your best option was a LeBron signing when he was already in his 30's. Best we can do in a bad situation with our ownership/front office.

If we hadn't done that, the best comparable situation we would be in today with some combo of Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, maybe Randle would be is probably where the Pelicans are today. Not terrible, but not great either.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

What's worse, a cheap owner or an over-involved one who doesn't know what he's doing? Lakers and Suns are both a mess.

“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Celtic team is set for the next 5 years. can you say the same about the Lakers? we don't know if LeBron will stay, we don't have a head coach only couple weeks away from draft.

We can speculate about that future stuff, but if you look at the present…here and now…the fact remains that the results ultimately have been better for the Lakers as of now than the results for the Keltics. Maybe it turns out differently but no team should get credit for something they haven’t achieved (Keltics’ ship future) or blamed for a failure they haven’t experienced, (Lakers’ non-ship future).
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
What's worse, a cheap owner or an over-involved one who doesn't know what he's doing? Lakers and Suns are both a mess.

“It’s like looney tunes around here,” the Suns source told Hoops Wire. “It’s felt unstable since (Ishbia) arrived. He’s a good guy and everything, I think, but he’s just very involved. Too involved. I know he played (college basketball at Michigan State), but I’d venture to say he has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to basketball. Yet he’s making a lot of the big decisions.”

Isn't Jeanie both?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Isn't Jeanie both?

Seems like it, the reports were that the FO wanted to avoid looking like they were catering to an LBJ centric org and wanted to send that message by low balling Lue. I’m not sure what went on with Budenholzer, maybe he wasn’t considered due to ties with Ham. Not going after those two coaches with both feet in is likely to be as big of a factor to the underachieving reality this era of Lakers’ basketball has/will experience as anything else. Both should have been made an offer they could not refuse.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Isn't Jeanie both?

I don't think Jeanie is at Ishbia's level on that front. Klutch has made more big decisions than she has.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: