Alex Caruso arrested for drug possession and paraphernalia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Residue on a grinder...wow. Must be fun to live in Texas
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Conspiracy to bring down the best player in the NBA tbh.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

As Stephen A Smith would say, “stay off the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed”
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Could care less about the usage but what an idiot to get caught with it trying to board a plane.

Just be smart and follow some basic rules. Life could be so much simpler if he just thinks a little.

At this point does the league even slap him on the wrist?

I thought he was one of the smarter guys - guess not...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Residue on a grinder...wow. Must be fun to live in Texas

Im not a pothead or advocate but that is ridiculous.
hamburgerrrs
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Double standard for sure on this forum. If it was Nick Young DLO or Markieff this board would be calling him and idiot all this and that and demanding him traded/released but because hes a frathouse meme its just his "medicine"...yeah okay...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

hamburgerrrs wrote:
Double standard for sure on this forum. If it was Nick Young DLO or Markieff this board would be calling him and idiot all this and that and demanding him traded/released but because hes a frathouse meme its just his "medicine"...yeah okay...

Good point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

hamburgerrrs wrote:

Strawman nonsense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

hamburgerrrs wrote:

To be fair, Nick Young or DLo were never fantasized as being the GOAT by the silly fans. Btw, I get why you out young and DLo, but why kieff?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
hamburgerrrs wrote:

Good point.

Certainly is...if AC is held as a high iq professional player then it’s only fair that this is a bad look, even worse than DLO or Swaggy because of his reputation as a true professional.

Even if it’s something as stupid as possessing weed (illegally) in 2021.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

WTF is with Texas?

The Bald Eagle must be allowed to get his buzz on for crissakes...this isn't Singapore or the Phillippines.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Texas is just another way of saying

"arse backwards"

I was on the hate Texas bandwagon a while ago but there's a reason people are moving there in record numbers.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

"arse backwards"

I was on the hate Texas bandwagon a while ago but there's a reason people are moving there in record numbers.

There's a happy medium between cancel culture "liberalism" and I don't give a f*ck about anyone but myself.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

"arse backwards"

There's a happy medium between cancel culture "liberalism" and I don't give a f*ck about anyone but myself.

Less than 20% of the population uses twitter. I think it has more to do with skyrocketing crime, homelessness, drug use, tax laws and authoritarian governors.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

"arse backwards"

Less than 20% of the population uses twitter. I think it has more to do with skyrocketing crime, homelessness, drug use, tax laws and authoritarian governors.

It's none of those things, all of which you can find in Texas.

It's the lack of affordable housing.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

"arse backwards"

Crime rate in California is 447 per 100,000... 411 in Texas. I'm guessing it's always been around that difference

Homelessness is mostly a function of good California weather and high prices... hard to be homeless back east or in the Texas sun.

We rank 31st in drug use. Texas 36th. Not much difference there

I'm no fan of Newsom for different reasons than you might be but if there's a global pandemic, I'd always err on the side of authoritarianism over laissez faire... let Darwin sort it out solutions. People will always choose money over social welfare if you give them the choice.

Taxes... you got me... Texas has always been better for that than California but that's nothing new.

Nope, I think the cancel culture vs. "freedom" war is more than just a Twitter battle.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

"arse backwards"

It's none of those things, all of which you can find in Texas.

It's the lack of affordable housing.

Bingo. Most of California (geographically) is a "red" as Texas, Oklahoma or Mississippi. A whole lot of Okies came to Cali during the dust bowl. Bakersfield - known for its oilfields and cotton fields - was home to several generations of country music superstars. You go to 60 counties in California and there is NO difference culturally from most of Texas.

Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego & San Francisco are bright blue, but 15 minutes outside of any of those cities is Klan country.

#1 reason for Cali exodus is people can't afford to live here, which is a function of housing & taxes. Even with those factors, California dwarfs Texas in population because people still come here and want to live here!

I remember 15 or so years ago when they implemented the "Millionaires' Tax" and everyone predicted a millionaire exodus from Cali. That next year, the number of millionaires in the state dropped and the talking heads screamed "TOLD YOU SO" . . . until they looked at the numbers and saw that very few millionaires left - they just changed the way they reported their taxable income. Since then the population has gone up another 11% in California and the number of millionaires has increased.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
He never struck me as a stoner...

At least 70% of the NBA on the herb.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Not BB related, but a fun tidbit on a similar situation with weed and airports: A good friend of mine was the lead guitarist in Paul McCarney's band Wings when the infamous McCarney bust at the Tokyo airport happened. My friend said that when the cops came up and said, "Mr. McCarney, there is a problem with your luggage. Could you step aside with us, please?" the rest of the band stepped back because they thought that Paul would say something like, "It's not mine, it's their's!"

BTW, the band was REALLY pissed about it. They were told to vacuum their pockets and everything because the Japanese were so strict, and there is the leader casually having a baggie in his suitcase. They all lost lots of money because of that tour being cancelled.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
epic_ wrote:
I'm so disappointed in him.
Should have sprinkled it on his head as a head piece.

he's a grassroots laker...

with a budding career.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Could care less about the usage but what an idiot to get caught with it trying to board a plane.

Just be smart and follow some basic rules. Life could be so much simpler if he just thinks a little.

At this point does the league even slap him on the wrist?

I thought he was one of the smarter guys - guess not...

He’s been anonymous guy Alex his whole life. I think the situation has to do at least in part with him needing to adjust to being higher profile semi famous guy Alex now. Stuff he may have gotten away with when no one knew who he was he’s probably going to have to be more careful now.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Affordable housing is another reason, but it doesn't diminish the other realities.

1) Strong correlation w/ high corporate tax rates:

Quote:
Large companies are leaving California to evade high taxes. In 2020 alone, companies such as Oracle, Hewlett-Packard, and Digital Realty announced the decision to move out of California. While California remains the second most innovative state in the US, its corporate tax rates are also among the highest. Interestingly, many companies choose Texas as their destination due to a lower tax burden. Among such companies are CBRE, XOJET, and Charles Schwab, as well as the three giants mentioned before. As large companies relocate, so do many of their employees.

2) The lack of opportunities (inc. housing) and company departures is creating a vicious cycle. California is the poorest state according to the California Poverty Measure (based on the census bureau's supplemental poverty measure:

Quote:
Slightly more than 36 percent of California’s residents are at or near the poverty level, more than one third of its population.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Homelessness is mostly a function of good California weather and high prices... hard to be homeless back east or in the Texas sun.

Seeing as how Palm Springs is beginning to look like Los Angeles in terms of homelessness, I'm going to say temperature is not a determinant of homelessness. You can go to Juneau, Alaska for the opposite: at least circa winter 2016 I saw a lot of people living on the street in winter in sleeping bags. Also, based on recent pictures I've seen of Austin, tent cities are a thing there now too. If you're homeless, you're going to be homeless regardless of it being 120, -20, or 90 and 90% humidity.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Seeing as how Palm Springs is beginning to look like Los Angeles in terms of homelessness, I'm going to say temperature is not a determinant of homelessness. You can go to Juneau, Alaska for the opposite: at least circa winter 2016 I saw a lot of people living on the street in winter in sleeping bags. Also, based on recent pictures I've seen of Austin, tent cities are a thing there now too. If you're homeless, you're going to be homeless regardless of it being 120, -20, or 90 and 90% humidity.

Downtown Denver. Shocking how in 2 years time it changed. There were always homeless but that population exploded once the legalize it bubble popped.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Odom 2.0

Now only if he could be the kind of point scorer Lamar was...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: