Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant would beat LeBron James in one-on-one
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zurich78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
I was a fan of Kevin Durant before this vid and an even bigger fan of his after having watched this vid. Not for the fact he chose Kobe, but for the fact that he's so humble.

Gotta root for dudes like him when there not playing the Lakers...

I agree about Durant, always liked the kid.

I do find it kind of interesting though, that in order to be humble, you have to praise Kobe. Haha. Unless, there is some player out there that is so humble, but is very clear that he doesn't care for Kobe.
DudeLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject:

Doubt it. LeBron would just back him down. Kobe wouldn't be able to stop that. Same goes for Durant if he played Kobe one on one. Durant would just back him down all day.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:

DudeLakers wrote:
Doubt it. LeBron would just back him down. Kobe wouldn't be able to stop that. Same goes for Durant if he played Kobe one on one. Durant would just back him down all day.

Is this a joke? Neither Lebron or Durant have post games.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject:

Forreal, LeBron has no touch out of the post. Anyone ever seen his attempt at jumphooks from 8' in front of the rim? Basically a shot put off the glass that has less touch than Dwight Howard.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
55 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:
I was a fan of Kevin Durant before this vid and an even bigger fan of his after having watched this vid. Not for the fact he chose Kobe, but for the fact that he's so humble.

Gotta root for dudes like him when they're playing for the Lakers...
From your finger tips to God's ears.

(And why I spelled "there" there instead of "they're" there we'll never know)

I see your "there" and raise you a "their"
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject:

It would be like Floyd vs Manny. Fundamental skills vs Physical athleticism. Kobe would take LeBron to school.
K-B_2-4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject:

zurich78 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

I do find it kind of interesting though, that in order to be humble, you have to praise Kobe. Haha. Unless, there is some player out there that is so humble, but is very clear that he doesn't care for Kobe.

i don't consider Durant humble just because he gives props to Kobe.
i find him humble because outside the court, he's a human.. just like everyone else. not too good to go out and put on a show for whoever wants to see him. not too good to go out and play a game of flag football with a bunch of college kids. and not too good to resign with Oklahoma. they put a reasonable (probably underpaid) offer on the table and with no hesitation, no dilemma and no drama.. he took it.

nothing to dislike about Durant.
he should be either everyone's first or second favorite player.
dmblakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Lebron... you mad bro?

Derek
Fisher
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
I think Durant mean is PRIME Kobe.

I don't think old Kobe has that much strength left to contain someone 5-6 year younger.

Only advantage James has is his size. There's only two things he can do with that:

1) Defend + Rebound
2) Post Up

In a 1 v 1

1) Defense + Rebounding doesn't mean much if you can't stop the the other player (Kobe's O > LeBron's D)
2) LeBron posting up...
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
DudeLakers wrote:

Sounds like somebody who does not know the game very well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
DudeLakers wrote:

I have seen Bron posted before. Yes he has some. And I think he will try to improve his post moves. This is not a sarcasm.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
KBH wrote:
DudeLakers wrote:

I have seen Bron posted before. Yes he has some. And I think he will try to improve his post moves. This is not a sarcasm.

There is no doubt he will try to improve it, but I have no problem saying that Kobe's back to the basket game blows most starting bigs out of the water.

Lebron with Kobe's low post game would be Shaq in his prime level unstoppable and then some. He would actually be worthy of the tat on his back.
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Lebron with Kobe's low post game would be Shaq in his prime level unstoppable and then some. He would actually be worthy of the tat on his back.

Lebron will never have Kobe's post moves with the kind of body he has. He is strong, no doubt but Kobe is very agile and has a turnaround jumper that Lebron doesn't have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject:

LeBron's post moves are awful. He has some, but he isn't very effective with him. Not nearly as effective as a guy his size should be.

I agree with Hector. LeBron + post game = GOAT. He would be absolutely unguardable. No player big enough to handle him on the block would be quick enough to handle him on the perimeter.

Luckily for us, that post game isn't going to just magically appear.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject:

He's right, James couldn't defend Kobe. All that could bail out James would be getting technical FTs for slurs from Kobe. ESPN has a headline saying "LeBron, Gay star, in Mississippi charity game", they just forgot a comma.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
He's right, James couldn't defend Kobe. All that could bail out James would be getting technical FTs for slurs from Kobe. ESPN has a headline saying "LeBron, Gay star, in Mississippi charity game", they just forgot a comma.

sgtpepper1972
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:

SunshineMan89
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject:

K-B_2-4 wrote:
zurich78 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

i find him humble because outside the court, he's a human.. just like everyone else. not too good to go out and put on a show for whoever wants to see him. not too good to go out and play a game of flag football with a bunch of college kids. and not too good to resign with Oklahoma. they put a reasonable (probably underpaid) offer on the table and with no hesitation, no dilemma and no drama.. he took it.

After Steve Nash retires Durant will be the requisite 'NBA superstar everyone can agree to like.'
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:

Too bad Head and Sessions didn't participate.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject:

SunshineMan89 wrote:
K-B_2-4 wrote:
zurich78 wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

After Steve Nash retires Durant will be the requisite 'NBA superstar everyone can agree to like.'

I think Howard will be in the running for that as well.

Oh, and I don't like Steve Nash.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: