Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Hopefully this makes you happy and you can go onto nit pick and tear apart other folks on this message board instead. FFS.

Yeah, I’ve never understood why people get mad/frustrated when other people read what they say carefully...

Basically you just want people to casually accept your comments/opinions without much thought.

You brought up an interesting point to me, that Bauer was/is better than Cole.

I want that to be true as well, but in fairness to Cole, I feel that the claim should be scrutinized thoroughly.

If you feel scrutinizing whether Bauer is really better than Cole or not is annoying or frustrating to you, then I don’t know what to say. Baseball is a game of numbers. Let’s scrutinize the numbers...

That’s all I want. Let’s really look at Cole vs Bauer. But first, we need to define what are the criteria we are using.

Yup..sometimes you just forget that’s not what happens online and that you can’t just make passing comments.

It’s not about mad or frustrating I think it’s about you going way in deep to prove me wrong, when in fact you really can’t. You can twist and underline certain words but in the end what I felt a year ago has been coming to fruition.

Since I had this “thought” and opinion that Bauer is and will be better in the future Bauer is edging out Cole via numbers. With a CY young to boot. So even though I made a passing comment it wasn’t baseless. You just went way in deep to show that I’m wrong...the discussion could have been dropped ages ago by you saying you disagree rather than trying to prove to a jury you’re right and I’m wrong.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Pujols is starting tonight batting 4th and paying 1B. Bumgarner is pitching.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
you just went way in deep to show that I’m wrong...the discussion could have been dropped ages ago by you saying you disagree rather than trying to prove to a jury you’re right and I’m wrong.

Yeah, this is starting to get way too emotional for me honestly.

I thought the initial claim/point was interesting (that Bauer was better than Cole). I don’t really care who’s right or wrong, I just want to find out how a person comes to whatever conclusion they have. And like I said, I want Bauer to be better than Cole. But, I want the criteria to be fair. Let’s make it fair for both players. If we’re judging them on 2020 numbers, or 2021 numbers, let’s make it fair. If we’re combining 2020 + 2021, then let’s combine 2019 + 2020.

Let’s make it fair and judge these 2 players fairly and see who actually is the better pitcher. All I want is to actually find out who the better pitcher is.

So, when you explained how you came to your conclusion, I felt that it was inconsistent.

For instance, saying 11 starts is a “full year” but 9 starts is a “small sample”.

That’s just very inconsistent logic/criteria. And the inconsistencies are skewed heavily towards Bauer. (Bauer had the better 2020, so let’s label that a full year. Cole’s having a better 2021, so let’s label that a small sample. Eventhough they are only 2 starts apart).

But now we’re getting way off topic about Bauer vs Cole and into “feelings” now, which isn’t something I want to get into.

So I agree, let’s just drop it.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
you just went way in deep to show that I’m wrong...the discussion could have been dropped ages ago by you saying you disagree rather than trying to prove to a jury you’re right and I’m wrong.

I thought the initial claim/point was interesting (that Bauer was better than Cole). I don’t really care who’s right or wrong, I just want to find out how a person comes to whatever conclusion they have. And like I said, I want Bauer to be better than Cole. But, I want the criteria to be fair. Let’s make it fair for both players. If we’re judging them on 2020 numbers, or 2021 numbers, let’s make it fair. If we’re combining 2020 + 2021, then let’s combine 2019 + 2020.

Let’s make it fair and judge these 2 players fairly and see who actually is the better pitcher. All I want is to actually find out who the better pitcher is.

So, when you explained how you came to your conclusion, I felt that it was inconsistent.

For instance, saying 11 starts is a “full year” but 9 starts is a “small sample”.

That’s just very inconsistent logic/criteria.

But now we’re getting way off topic about Bauer vs Cole and into “feelings” now, which isn’t something I want to get into.

I’m not sure why I got so carried away. I apologize I have nothing but respect for you Poly. Anyways I have been biased towards Bauer for a while so I think that has something to do with my inconsistent claims. Also for whatever reason I’m skeptical of Cole.

I hope for our sake Bauer turns out better in the long run..although given his contract who knows if he’s even a Dodger next year. Given his performances thus far he’s going to be at the negotiating table every year with us and eventually it might not make sense to keep him.

Here’s to hoping Bauer outperforms Cole this year..and again sorry for the aggressiveness.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:

That’s just very inconsistent logic/criteria.

I’m not sure why I got so carried away. I apologize I have nothing but respect for you Poly. Anyways I have been biased towards Bauer for a while so I think that has something to do with my inconsistent claims. Also for whatever reason I’m skeptical of Cole.

I hope for our sake Bauer turns out better in the long run..although given his contract who knows if he’s even a Dodger next year. Given his performances thus far he’s going to be at the negotiating table every year with us and eventually it might not make sense to keep him.

Here’s to hoping Bauer outperforms Cole this year..and again sorry for the aggressiveness.

For sure Snipes!

Let’s hope you’re right!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Clutch rbi by Pujols.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Clutch rbi by Pujols.

Agree with Joe Davis' call: "Albert Pujols bringing in Mookie Betts for the Dodgers - how cool!"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Bumgarner isn't fooling anybody. 63 pitches through three innings.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow, walker is really off in this inning. Haven't seen that many misses/balls from him in a while.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Buehler has walked 4 today. More than he had walked all year up to this start. I think I jinxed him with what I said a couple of days ago!

At least he got out of that.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

That bottom of the 6th might be the best he's looked all night. 89 pitches, 6/7/8 coming up, I'd let him go again.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Pillar hit in the face by a 95mph pitch.

Warning, this is tough to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CftwC076xYw
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Kevin Pillar hit in the face by a 95mph pitch.

Warning, this is tough to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CftwC076xYw

Damn. I just opened that and the second the ball went to his face, I turned away. Don't need to see that again. How horrific.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Tsutsugo is in the starting lineup and playing LF tonight, batting 7th. Taylor is back (whew!), hitting third and playing 3B, as he gives a slumping Turner a night off. Pujols is back at 1B and hitting 6th tonight. Lux hits 8th. Beaty is in RF and batting 5th.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tsutsugo is in the starting lineup and playing LF tonight, batting 7th. Taylor is back (whew!), hitting third and playing 3B, as he gives a slumping Turner a night off. Pujols is back at 1B and hitting 6th tonight. Lux hits 8th. Beaty is in RF and batting 5th.

As much as I love the versatility of this team, I can't help but wonder what it does to the guys' preparation and/or mindset when they're not only moving in/out of the lineup, but even having their placement in the batting order changed up so much.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

^ I think for most of the guys, the ones that have been here at least a couple seasons, that they’re used to it. Sure baseball is typically about consistent routines but once they get used to the “routine” of being moved around in the lineup I’m sure it starts to feel normal.

My only gripe with it is that Dave should be using it to ride the hot bats at times, but he often never takes that into consideration; he just goes by the numbers and not “feel”.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ I think for most of the guys, the ones that have been here at least a couple seasons, that they’re used to it. Sure baseball is typically about consistent routines but once they get used to the “routine” of being moved around in the lineup I’m sure it starts to feel normal.

My only gripe with it is that Dave should be using it to ride the hot bats at times, but he often never takes that into consideration; he just goes by the numbers and not “feel”.

Never want to sound like a Doc apologist but I would think and hope that’s Friedman’s call. I really hope Doc isn’t the one setting the lineup when we have one of the best front offices in all of sports. But again I’m not sure how it really works.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Never want to sound like a Doc apologist but I would think and hope that’s Friedman’s call. I really hope Doc isn’t the one setting the lineup when we have one of the best front offices in all of sports. But again I’m not sure how it really works.

In fairness here, we've had a rash of injuries. For the most part, if everyone were healthy, we would know who the top 6 in the lineup would be, at least on days where Smith is catching. It would be Betts-Seager-Turner-Muncy-Smith-Bellinger. If we get everyone back healthy, we'll probably do some mixing and matching in LF (Pollock/McKinstry/Beaty/Taylor) and 2B (Lux/Taylor/McKinstry/Muncy).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

The Angels, with the 2nd-worst run differential in MLB already, will now be without Mike Trout for 6-8 weeks. Absolutely brutal. Looking like yet another lost season for him and the Angels.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Roberts said that McKinstry will start a rehab assignment later this week, and that Bellinger will start one this weekend.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Angels, with the 2nd-worst run differential in MLB already, will now be without Mike Trout for 6-8 weeks. Absolutely brutal. Looking like yet another lost season for him and the Angels.

just like clock work. Trout putting up early empty stats, team goes nowhere in the standing, then he goes down, season over. rinse and repeat.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Roberts said that McKinstry will start a rehab assignment later this week, and that Bellinger will start one this weekend.

Getting all of our guys back 1 by 1 over the summer is like collecting the infinity stones before the playoffs.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Lux still hitting well

Another no hitter today, it seems as though the non-juiced ball is really favoring the pitching. It’s gonna be like 2017 but for pitching.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Getting all of our guys back 1 by 1 over the summer is like collecting the infinity stones before the playoffs.

Everyone but Dustin May who sacrificed himself for the Soul Stone will return at one time or another.

I don't think we gonna miss Seager all too much, now with CT3 as well as a suddenly super confident Lux it'll be enough most days.

Finally the Boys in Blue are rolling, tomorrow going for the series win with Kersh on the hill.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Happy to see Arenado having a good year so far with St. Louis. (bleep) the Cardinals but nice to see he didn’t fall into that Coors field hitter narrative. Still early though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 61 of 395
Jump to: