Playoffs Round 1 Thread: Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Key in this series will be AD not getting embarrassed by Jokic constantly and him stepping up to a high level, DLO has to give us offense and that swagger attitude that makes him want to destroy opponents, we all know LeBron will do his part

How did he got embarrassed by Jokic? This is a stupid narrative.
They key is to limit MPJ and Murray

I should have interpreted more clearer in my post what I mean is that if Jokic is having his way we need AD to bring the same mentality, look at the highlights from last year AD just wasn’t doing enough to help when it counted

I can guarantee you we beat Denver if we can limit MPJ and Murray, Jokic can have his way, but he still has to defend AD
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Key in this series will be AD not getting embarrassed by Jokic constantly and him stepping up to a high level, DLO has to give us offense and that swagger attitude that makes him want to destroy opponents, we all know LeBron will do his part

stick to silly trade ideas bro

Don’t be so arrogant, you are the first always point out how big and bulky bigs always have there way and I think AD bringing a new mentality in this series will help us

they were just making absurd shots last playoffs against us. I doubt that happens again.

Bruce Brown, jeff green are not there anymore . lets see
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t be so arrogant, you are the first always point out how big and bulky bigs always have there way and I think AD bringing a new mentality in this series will help us

they were just making absurd shots last playoffs against us. I doubt that happens again.

They swept us again in the regular season. Hot shooting again?

They seem fine if not better without those two guys.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are considered heavy underdogs, but to turn that presumption we need players .. 1 from 13 bringing that championship level mentality
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

One advantage I think the Lakers may have versus last year..is a psychological advantage.

Last year Denver had the advantage..they knew they had to play their best to beat the Lakers and Jokic had one of the best games in his life along with Murray in game 1..and I believe Murray had the best playoff series in his career.

This year the Lakers are on the other side..knowing they need to bring their best to beat Denver.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Fourplay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We are gonna get humiliated

Never did I ever think I would hear comments like this on Laker Ground. You act like we are facing Bulls 91 or Shaq Kobe 99. We are not.

Time will tell how good their run ends up being. Jokic individually is at a level amongst the best that’s ever played.

They sure look like the 91 Bulls or 99 Shaq/Kobe against us….
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
One advantage I think the Lakers may have versus last year..is a psychological advantage.

Last year Denver had the advantage..they knew they had to play their best to beat the Lakers and Jokic had one of the best games in his life along with Murray in game 1..and I believe Murray had the best playoff series in his career.

This year the Lakers are on the other side..knowing they need to bring their best to beat Denver.

It think it does help for Lakers to know they need to exert maximum effort to win. But everyone gets up for the Lakers. Nuggets won't take the series lightly and they will play really hard.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Well....at least the Lakers are FULLY HEALTHY and ready to go this year. We don't need to even mention that defensive-minded butter-fingered fool who is scared of the moment and would be a net-negative as Denver can easily try to hide Jamal Murray on him and let him rest on defense. That idiot being injured is actually a net plus for us so we don't have to play him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, and all 3 games were close until the last few minutes, they just made plays, and games could go either way. Have some damn confidence in your team
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Again, they just swept us again in the regular season this year. The Lakers have a big psychological disadvantage as they've lost 8 straight to the Nuggets. The pressure is all on the Lakers to get that first win.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, and all 3 games were close until the last few minutes, they just made plays, and games could go either way. Have some damn confidence in your team

It's not just the team. It's Ham I'm worried about. He's either a very slow learner/adjuster or he doesn't know how to overcome the matchup problem.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Again, they just swept us again in the regular season this year. The Lakers have a big psychological disadvantage as they've lost 8 straight to the Nuggets. The pressure is all on the Lakers to get that first win.

what pressure? they are not even favored to win this series. Just play their best, no one is expecting them to win anyway, 1 win by the Lakers on Nuggets home will change everything. Lakers are actually playing like nothing to lose now, the expectations for them are almost none.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/LakeShowYo/status/1780667265761079513
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

One big factor to keep in mind: DLO

He literally did nothing last year and we were competitive in all 4 games despite the sweep. I suspect he will do much better this season. He's the key along with Austin Reaves.

Not very optimistic because our defense is much worse. But you never know.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:03 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

what pressure? they are not even favored to win this series. Just play their best, no one is expecting them to win anyway, 1 win by the Lakers on Nuggets home will change everything. Lakers are actually playing like nothing to lose now, the expectations for them are almost none.

Remember doing the regular season prior to the Western Conference Finals the Lakers won 2/3 against Denver and that is with Westbrook. They seem to be one of the few teams that had success against Denver in the regular season that year. There wasn't a thought that they sweep the Lakers since they had even a better squid than the Westbrook Lakers.

The very thought of going against your nemesis in the regular season can be motiviating.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

* Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
* Mike Malone is the Lakers' daddy.

Those two items should be on the bulletin board every game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

That is a nice thought but with a significant number of fans proposing the Lakers tank the play-in game to avoid playing the Nugs does it matter much.

Denver is already in their heads. The only way to change it is to win games.

Until the Lakers change the script, the Nugs pretty much can say what they want. Respect is earned.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
One big factor to keep in mind: DLO

He literally did nothing last year and we were competitive in all 4 games despite the sweep. I suspect he will do much better this season. He's the key along with Austin Reaves.

Not very optimistic because our defense is much worse. But you never know.

A whole lot of things will have to go our way for us to have a chance, it’s usually why most teams don’t end up winning a championship cause it’s hinged on to many factors
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
They need to take a page out of the book from Danny Hurley of UConn when they matched up against Purdue in the finals.

He let Edey get his and shut down all the perimeter guys.

That is exactly what the Lakers should do vs. Denver, Jokic is going to get his but the guy that has been killing us is Murray. Have to slow him down to have any chance of winning the series, do not help off of him.

Without Vando, we can't really guard Murray.

Small guards like Fox are our kryptonite. Even Alvarado almost killed us.

Our only hope is we outshoot them. And I think we can.

ETA: Maybe Vincent can do something, in which case that would be a gamechanger... I forgot about him because he was gone so long.
I think we will see alot of Dinwiddie on Murray. This series is perfect from him. Dinwiddie can at least go at Murray on the ball as well. Murray cant just target him and he has the tools to guard Murray.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

There is no way Dlo can play as badly against Denver as he did last season, right? Hopefully he destroys them this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
There is no way Dlo can play as badly against Denver as he did last season, right? Hopefully he destroys them this year.

DLO is a weird cat in that he has to have confidence in his game to play well so if he’s coming into the series with a new mindset to show his value in the playoffs then that will be good for us
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

I hope that can make a difference but I think the fans care more about that stuff than the players. Was Malone the Lakers' daddy when he lost to them in the playoffs? It's just dumb talk that doesn't really mean anything.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am    Post subject:

Windhorst’s position that playing the Nuggets in the first round is good for the Lakers because there are extra days between game, in comparison to playing the Western Conference finals.

Path to The Finals definitely will go through Denver and every team knows that.

If the Lakers are Champions, they will not dodge anybody. If any team comes out of the West without facing the Nuggets, they know they were lucky because they didn’t face the best

The tag team guard rotation could be effective against Murray since Dinwiddle brings length/defensive pressure, Vincent brings defensive tenacity plus strategic shooting, DLo brings an ability to go off offensively and AR brings savvy/clutch play along with AD/LBJ’s trust. Different looks and ever changing defensive schemes with players without the need to play extra minutes against Murray who will play heavy minutes that will force Jokic to score

Ham has noted how teams have defeated the Nuggets in the past and the strengths/weaknesses of the Nuggets’ bench.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:53 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

I doubt he'll destroy them, but in terms of improvement the bar is so low that he can't help but be more impactful this time around. But he needs to be a consistent threat if we're going to have any chance to make this competitive. The Nuggets quite blatantly announced last playoffs that their strategy was to go right at him and destroy his confidence and take him out of the game. It worked.

Aside from DLo, the other x-factor is obviously Ham. Just haven't seen enough improvement from him over the last two seasons to see him as anything but another significant mismatch in favor of our opponents.

IF DLo plays an all-time series for his standards, and IF Ham miraculously gets Phil's brain transplanted into his head by Saturday-- we have a small chance.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject:

Murray vs DS & Vincent (w/Bruce Brown not playing for the Nuggets)
~ according to ESPN

Murray averaged 30.9 points per 100 possessions in the Finals with Vincent as the primary defender, compared to 36.9 against former Lakers guard Dennis Schroder in the conference finals, per Second Spectrum.

Another key personnel change for both sides is the departure of forward Bruce Brown, who left Denver in free agency last summer.

Brown was a two-way force against L.A. last season, averaging 12.4 points on 52.8% shooting while locking up D'Angelo Russell so well on defense that the Lakers guard fell out of the rotation during the series.

-

If DLo has a bad shooting night, Dinwiddle and Vincent are capable to take over
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14
Jump to: