THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I just want them to sell. I am appreciative of what they have done. But it's time. We need owners who have other streams of income other than the Lakers

I dream of Jeff Bezos buying the Lakers and the Chargers and of course moving the Chargers back to San Diego in a palatial stadium in the inland North County.

It is a tough go to be a Mom and Pop operation in the modern world of American professional sports.

Let's be real, as much as we'd like to believe in Amazon Prime sponsorships or Starbucks lattes to caffeinate Crypto 10x over, ownership would likely pass to one of the minority stakeholders. Probably AEG and Philip Anschultz. If that comes to pass, you can forget many fans supporting this franchise for good.

You think fans are supporting the Lakers because of the Buss family? Anschultz is worth 15 billion dollars. Him owning the Lakers would be a godsend.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
The Lakers offered a top 5 contract to a guy that's coaching kids in non-professional basketball. Dan Hurley is the one to blame here.

I have to agree. I have no doubt bro is talented but he hasn't spent one day in the NBA. Yet his salary offer got compared to the offers made to three NBA championship coaches? Multiple championships each? And that's the benchmark for FO "being cheap"? That doesn't track for me.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I just want them to sell. I am appreciative of what they have done. But it's time. We need owners who have other streams of income other than the Lakers

I dream of Jeff Bezos buying the Lakers and the Chargers and of course moving the Chargers back to San Diego in a palatial stadium in the inland North County.

It is a tough go to be a Mom and Pop operation in the modern world of American professional sports.

Let's be real, as much as we'd like to believe in Amazon Prime sponsorships or Starbucks lattes to caffeinate Crypto 10x over, ownership would likely pass to one of the minority stakeholders. Probably AEG and Philip Anschultz. If that comes to pass, you can forget many fans supporting this franchise for good.

You think fans are supporting the Lakers because of the Buss family? Anschultz is worth 15 billion dollars. Him owning the Lakers would be a godsend.

I thought they sold their shares awhile back?
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Why do people give two craps about how much money Jeanie is able to save for a head coach?

It doesn't count against the cap.

If you wanted to be bold and get a coach that could potentially create a new era for the Lakers, this was the guy.

Do you understand how difficult it is to win back-to-back titles in NCAA?

And somehow we can barely beat an offer from a public university?

Sell the team.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

LOL ... get with the now.

He sold his 27% stake to an even better group!!!!

Mark Walters and Todd Boehly of Guggenhiem People that have proven to know how to buy a team, invest and get the F out of the way.

They now have first rights of refusal to buy the Lakers if the Buss family ever decide to put up the Lakers for sale.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:
The Lakers offered a top 5 contract to a guy that's coaching kids in non-professional basketball. Dan Hurley is the one to blame here.

I have to agree. I have no doubt bro is talented but he hasn't spent one day in the NBA. Yet his salary offer got compared to the offers made to three NBA championship coaches? Multiple championships each? And that's the benchmark for FO "being cheap"? That doesn't track for me.

That's the price for turning the franchise around. It ain't cheap
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie woulda save alot of money by hiring Ty Lue in the first place. Being cheap costs money in the long run.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Jeanie woulda save alot of money by hiring Ty Lue in the first place. Being cheap costs money in the long run.

This (bleep) is comedy...
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
In a better world Ballz and Cheapie would swap franchises, and the Lakers would return to Inglewood and the Clippers would return to San Diego where she can run them small market and no one would care.

Kroenke should trade the Nuggets for the Lakers. He pays well. Stays out of the way.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

What are the numbers? Ty Lou wanted 5 years and a similar figure as Vogel, but they ended up firing Vogel and paying 2 coaches for a year. So Ham ended up costing them around $9M in Hams first season.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

What are the numbers? Ty Lou wanted 5 years and a similar figure as Vogel, but they ended up firing Vogel and paying 2 coaches for a year. So Ham ended up costing them around $9M in Hams first season.

And they fired Ham owing him 2 years left on his contract.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:22 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

That is why the Lakers are a joke now.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:58 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

That is why the Lakers are a joke now.

They've always been a joke under Jeanie. Did they fire Luke and Byron prematurely as well? Jeanie always tries to save money on coaches but it seems she always ends up paying more for them.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Public universities are far more wealthy than the Buss family, unfortunately.

Oh stop. Some of you on here act as if the Buss family is bleeping poor. I don't care that there are richer families. They are not poor!
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Oh stop. Some of you on here act as if the Buss family is bleeping poor. I don't care that there are richer families. They are not poor!

They are poor compared to our competitors. Jeannie is in over her head and runs this franchise very poorly and the embarrassment has to stop
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:34 am    Post subject:

I am trying to remember..

But wasn't when Jerry Buss offered Phil Jackson the coaching job at first, it was 11 million and that was the highest coaching salary at the time.

Yes Phil obviously already had credentials over Hurley..but if the taught is this coach can bring the Lakers to the next level and prepare for the future of the NBA with the new rules (like Phil did), shouldn't you been offering something like that?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:46 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
Valdarno wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

They are poor compared to our competitors. Jeannie is in over her head and runs this franchise very poorly and the embarrassment has to stop

Yet they were willing to make him the 5 highest paid coach, have 2 max players. Money isn’t the issue. Vision is.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:49 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I am trying to remember..

But wasn't when Jerry Buss offered Phil Jackson the coaching job at first, it was 11 million and that was the highest coaching salary at the time.

Yes Phil obviously already had credentials over Hurley..but if the taught is this coach can bring the Lakers to the next level and prepare for the future of the NBA with the new rules (like Phil did), shouldn't you been offering something like that?

Phil made Jerry pay 11 after the Rudy T debacle and having a 3 peat in LA. Its world different, one is Phil and the other isn’t

Also they made him an offer more than an nba champ coach in Bud. Monty wasn’t the metric, Bud was for an unproven nba guy
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject:

Time to get out Jeanie. You simply can’t compete in today’s sports environment.

Cash out and GTFO.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:01 am    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

You understand how a trust works right. She still had to take into account what the others want to spend … and Jeanie spends far more then her dad ever did with his penny pinching and cost cutting
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Cash out and GTFO.

She literally has two max guys. She’s paying three coaches basically. She paid the tax. Reaves is on the max his salary can be. Rui is at 17 mil and Vando is a a double digit mil deal. She has the option of paying Dlo 18mil again. Just two years ago she paid a third max, the highest paid guy in the league for a year and a half. She’s won a title when other teams haven’t, including he billion dollar roommate who only made one wcf in his existence.

At a certain point she’s paid the cost, she’s been largely more successful than 90% the league
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Cash out and GTFO.

not gonna happen any time soon i'm afraid. the money keeps coming in so no incentive there for other minority owners to raise concerns. the only thing we can all hope for is some kind of scandal surfaces similar to Donald Sterling and Jon Gruden where the league has to force Buss family to sell. one can only hope.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject:

The problem here is that NCAA coaches are making almost as much as NBA coaches so in order for an NBA team to persuade a high profile coach to leave his beloved program, it would cost a lot.

Didn't Hurley turn down $10M/yr from Kentucky? The Lakers' $11.6M/yr offer is literally the same when taking into account CA taxes. So if Hurley had already turn down that much money before, why would he take the same money from the Lakers?

Due diligence, Pelinka? Hello?

With that being said, if cheap Jeanie was only willing to give as much as what Kentucky offered, then she shouldn't have invited Hurley in for an interview and this whole debacle could have been avoided.

This debacle seems harmless but it makes the Lakers front office look like a laughing stock of the NBA again. On top of that, the next HC knows he's the backup option and he probably will demand close to what was offered to Hurley.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject:

I don't get the narrative the Lakers are a joke. I feel like they are the premier franchise in the NBA. Do you all mean the front office is a joke?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I don't get the narrative the Lakers are a joke. I feel like they are the premier franchise in the NBA. Do you all mean the front office is a joke?

They were a joke before Lebron came. Like back in 2013 to 2017, how many national TV games did they get? They're not a joke now because Lebron is still relevant. Once Lebron retired, let's see what networks want to show Laker games again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17
Jump to: