3 games are too much
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Everyone knows how to play the Lakers in close games now. Rip their arms off because the refs won’t call anything.

And they will not until he takes that fine as a coach. Or that ejection and fine. Phil and Pop would eat that without a second thought but their guys would get calls after they called the refs out in the press or purposely got ejected.

Does Darvin Ham have any technicals this season? He needs to stand up for his guys.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Everyone knows how to play the Lakers in close games now. Rip their arms off because the refs won’t call anything.

maybe the best way is for the Lakers to take advantage of this, because refs can't really afford to have this mistakes against the Lakers or else it will realy be an obvious rigged game. Now everytime there will be a close game, Lakers should always take it strong to the hoop, cause the might be in their favor from here on.

Isn’t that what James just did last night?

Why should it be any different the next 30 games.

Honestly the next step should be an investigation into the refs finances. A very transparent and deep investigation. The refs openly stating “ we missed it” moments after a game is embarrassing for the League. At least it should be!

Unless the league chooses to make the refs accountable, nothing changes. And let’s be honest, how many of the other owners are upset by this Laker misfortune? Scandal interferes with the bottom line. This is just this weeks story.

James did everything he was supposed to do as a player. And the refs “missed it”?
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

All 3 plays this year we got screwed on. Not including Nunn no call.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I hate incompetence protected by unions. If you're trash at your job, your ass needs to be reprimanded or fired.

Meanwhile, Silver busy trying to force some mid-season tournaments when everyone and their mother has been clamoring for shorter regular season and playoffs.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lead referee Eric Lewis on the final play of regulation:

Quote:
There was contact. At the time, during the game, we did not see a foul. The crew missed the play.

Pat said on his podcast he showed the picture of the foul with hand on arm and the ref said “Pat so what” and T’d him up for showing them up with the still shot.

He said he knew the ref had to give him a T and he had to show that camera to highlight it for the world to show that they were wrong and that’s the 4th straight loss the refs have screwed them up, and because they stole a legendary Lebron game winner vs the Celtics from his legacy.

He also said Lebron told him Pat I can’t lie, I lost my sh because that hurt

The best quote from his podcast is “”I ain’t the one to like to take money out people pocket, but players don’t play well they lose money. Coaches don’t coach well they lose their money and job. Refs don’t ref well, so what. And you get mad about calls you missed and get called out for”

Unrelated note, Pat said he never felt something like that. Boston and lakers he felt that feeling and atmosphere in the game which is why he dunked because he felt it and wanted that smoke.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject:

good news, the refs union said the missed call is 'gut-wrenching'

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35553717/nba-referees-union-missing-foul-lebron-james-gut-wrenching
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35553717/nba-referees-union-missing-foul-lebron-james-gut-wrenching

Wow, that made me feel so much better…
Until I see lebron rank top 10 in FT per game, I don’t buy it
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Interesting, I think there may be too much focus on the ref back pedaling...I honestly did not care about it, other than it just added onto the fact it was a bad call. Even if he standing still and blew the whistle, I'm like wtf, there was no foul.

Putting it all aside, I've always felt refs for awhile have viewed LBJ's "physicalness" as a sort of "let them play" and often hold their whistles. Seemingly a vast over correction for perhaps a wierd logic of "well, some of that may be an offensive foul, so rather than make a call, just let it be."...with that said, the only way this gets corrected is if the refs allow him the same treatment Luka gets when he goes to the hoop. Would nearly double his FT attempts.

Not gonna happen, but hey, why fix it if it's broke?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject:

An argument could be made that this happened 4 times in the past 10 games, 3 times though I think for sure. The fourth was iffy.

There's nothing they can do about it, but those blown calls/no calls have had a huge effect on standings.

Right now the Lakers are 23-27 and 2 games out of the play in at #13. If those three losses turned to wins they would be 26-24, sitting at #7, ahead of the Warriors and Mavericks.

If they had won all four they'd be 27-23, in the fourth or fifth seed.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1619785751671209984?s=61&t=e9lss9iapgzEsA5VdSn9hA

Just saw this.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject:

this youtube sums up the Lakers season to this point and last nights game..

Note its a paraody

lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

bengals fans say hold my beer, lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/nbadaves/status/1619557879899357185?s=20&t=_RsY5iHo_brFldht1m8DhQ
Look how that ref called the foul on Pat bev, how far was he from the play and what was his initial reaction toward the play. Same ref missed the lebron call.

Refs still bet on games. It's clear as day.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Make the game a no-contest till the ending of the game can be replayed. Either at a designated time or when the Lakers and Celtics play again and it starts the game there at the end of the last one.

If the NBA isn't doing any of those things, then any 2-minute drill or "our bad" statement means absolutely jack squat.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Still an “L”.

Empty words from the refs unless James is going to the line with the opportunity to win the game.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Make the game a no-contest till the ending of the game can be replayed. Either at a designated time or when the Lakers and Celtics play again and it starts the game there at the end of the last one.

If the NBA isn't doing any of those things, then any 2-minute drill or "our bad" statement means absolutely jack squat.

If the refs admitted to the Lakers right after the end of the game that they missed the foul on Tatum, they should've gotten both teams out of the locker room, reset the game to the point of the missed call and just taken it from there.

I actually read that one time in the early 80s there was some mishap with the refs during a Lakers-Spurs game, and they actually redid the game later in the season starting at the point of the dispute. NPZ posted the video of that game on YT a while back, not sure what happened to it.

If I were coach Ham, I would've pointed out how bad it is for the league and the sport to have bad officiating and how it's costing the NBA fans and revenue, and I would've said something along the lines of "we're going to have to figure out how to win close games playing 5 on 8" and I would've repeated "5 on 8" in multiple sentences to hammer home the point.

If the NBA doesn't do anything about this, it will lose fans, ratings, attendance and money. Many people have already thought the league is rigged, and it's a shame because the league is in such good shape these days as far as the quality of play and the number of stars it has.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:33 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

If the refs admitted to the Lakers right after the end of the game that they missed the foul on Tatum, they should've gotten both teams out of the locker room, reset the game to the point of the missed call and just taken it from there.

I actually read that one time in the early 80s there was some mishap with the refs during a Lakers-Spurs game, and they actually redid the game later in the season starting at the point of the dispute. NPZ posted the video of that game on YT a while back, not sure what happened to it.

If I were coach Ham, I would've pointed out how bad it is for the league and the sport to have bad officiating and how it's costing the NBA fans and revenue, and I would've said something along the lines of "we're going to have to figure out how to win close games playing 5 on 8" and I would've repeated "5 on 8" in multiple sentences to hammer home the point.

If the NBA doesn't do anything about this, it will lose fans, ratings, attendance and money. Many people have already thought the league is rigged, and it's a shame because the league is in such good shape these days as far as the quality of play and the number of stars it has.

it's too shady too that everytime the Lakers had a chance to enter that play-in spot with a big win, the refs gonne blew it. The timing of this bad calls is so frustrating. Not only denying the Lakers a win against good teams and better their standings but also stop their momentum. Just imagine the momentum they will get from.beating the Mavs, Sixers and the Celtics, they could have use it to win all those remaining road trip against weaker teams. But with this loss, the team's morale is so low right now that they are prone to lose big in the upcoming games, even against bad teams. Maybe that's why Bron decided to not play tomorrow cause he is feustrated, he need to shake it off first.

It's the same as most of us are feeling right now. I am so optimistic that they will be 4-1 or 3-2 in their 5 game road trip, but after that Celtics game, I am not so optimistic. It seems all the momentum has gone now.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:19 am    Post subject:

The Lakers had 4 winnable games but lost all of them due to missed calls.

1. Vs Mavericks (on Wood & Hardaway Jr.)
2. Vs Sixers (on Embiid)
3. Vs Kings (on Fox)
4. Vs Celtics (on Tatum)

Lakers should be 27-23 (4th) right now if the refs did their job. That's the big difference.

This is why it's so frustrating. The record doesn't show how strong really is this team. They are capable to beat any team in a series. But it looks like the refs won't even let them to even enter the play-in. They need momentum, but everytime they're gaining it, refs gonna do something to stop it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

The NBA and NFL have major officiating issues.

Baseball has gotten better as some of the old warhorses have retired but still need to go to the automated strike zone as some of the umps are still very bad at that.

Hockey I feel for the most part is officiated pretty well, but I know there are a lot of NHL fans who would disagree with me on that.

Not a good weekend at all though for the NBA and NFL from an officiating standpoint. I hope to never see the crew that ruined the Chiefs-Bengals game ever again in a big matchup.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Still an “L”.

Empty words from the refs unless James is going to the line with the opportunity to win the game.

This incentivizes the officials to make the correct call (even if it isn’t popular) at the end of a game. In the past, this happened all the time and the message would just be that the players decided the game instead of the officials. Now, the official can call the foul at the last second and know that the league will support the decision to call the foul. I like this but they’re still human.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject:

I guess we need to pump the brakes on the “woe is me” narrative, cause according to this report we 2nd in the league in receiving favorable noncalls from the refs in the last 2 minutes of close games.

https://twitter.com/brohrbach/status/1620549432591941632

Still tho, woe is he…Bron is 3rd in the league in FGAs at 5 ft or less from the rim and is nowhere near his contemporaries in drawing a whistle for those attempts.

https://go.nba.com/wnrqd

https://go.nba.com/v20iw
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I guess we need to pump the brakes on the “woe is me” narrative, cause according to this report we 2nd in the league in receiving favorable noncalls from the refs in the last 2 minutes of close games.

https://twitter.com/brohrbach/status/1620549432591941632

Still tho, woe is he…Bron is 3rd in the league in FGAs at 5 ft or less from the rim and is nowhere near his contemporaries in drawing a whistle for those attempts.

https://go.nba.com/wnrqd

https://go.nba.com/v20iw

there was a period this year where all of brons points were in the paint. He is certainly getting robbed but refs/league need us no matter what anyone says so it makes sense we would get some love.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: