*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Sacramento Kings (Jan. 18, 2023 • 7:30 PM PT) *** Gm#45
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

For me more lethal is the piss poor contribution of our starting guards.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

“Light the beam” is corny as hits

I guess they gonna invent lame traditions to make up for the team’s lack of success.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I hope people don’t get there hopes up that if AD and Lonnie/Reaves come back that we are gonna go on a run, something seems off with this team rather a trade changes the dynamics remains to be seen

Team has morale. It'd be one thing if they just gave up. They've got heart and the morale is high. We just cant shoot. And Russ is too much of a wildcard to inject any kind of stability.

But we take he good with bad.

I think the only players on this team that care are LeBron/Reaves/AD/Gabriel the others only care about putting up nice stats
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
For me more lethal is the piss poor contribution of our starting guards.

Anything to cater Westbrook... Fact is Westbrook to me should be starting. But his stats looks better coming off the bench rather than as a starter.

Seriously I don't see the difference. He is still playing heavy minutes with Schro/Bev on the floor at times with Nunn. Roster is just unbalance.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Now Darvin is talking about fatigue and scaling back Bron's minutes but they want to win but we're gonna figure it out...

Let me tell you what. The Grizz ain't tiredT. Smh
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Losing another close one...

Starting backcourt getting outscored 49-8.... Seen so many of this with the Schro/PatBev starting combo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Now Darvin is talking about fatigue and scaling back Bron's minutes but they want to win but we're gonna figure it out...

Let me tell you what. The Grizz ain't tiredT. Smh

He doesn’t want to destroy the team’s remaining positive morale that we see every night which is competing almost every night only to screw it up at the end, you can thank the basketball gods that we played Houston the other night, if he said the team isn’t good enough the team would give up on him completely.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

What does light the beam mean???
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I hope people don’t get there hopes up that if AD and Lonnie/Reaves come back that we are gonna go on a run, something seems off with this team rather a trade changes the dynamics remains to be seen

Team has morale. It'd be one thing if they just gave up. They've got heart and the morale is high. We just cant shoot. And Russ is too much of a wildcard to inject any kind of stability.

I think the only players on this team that care are LeBron/Reaves/AD/Gabriel the others only care about putting up nice stats

I do think majority of the players care to be honest. You dont see Schroeder dive for the ball multiple games if he doesn't care. Guys like JTA care as well and it shows.

I'd say the ONLY guy im certain doesn't care is Russ.

I dont think he cares at all. Multiple interviews and what he has said has shown that to me.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

It’s a ripoff of the Angels lighting up the halo after wins.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

It's a literal beam they light out the arena when the Kings win

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article268353442.html
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Losing another close one...

Starting backcourt getting outscored 49-8.... Seen so many of this with the Schro/PatBev starting combo.

Also Pat Bev didn’t play any defense on Fox at all. I am sick of seeing his fake good defense. That last bucket by Barnes was as much on him as it was on Russ.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I do think majority of the players care to be honest. You dont see Schroeder dive for the ball multiple games if he doesn't care. Guys like JTA care as well and it shows.

I dont think he cares at all. Multiple interviews and what he has said has shown that to me.

I agree with the JTA take, he does have a lot of heart and hustle in him that doesn’t make you question his motivation, Schroeder has been solid for the most part but he seems to have confidence issues

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He plays dumb sometimes, but he plays hard.
https://twitter.com/beastbr00k0/status/1615954735382536192?s=46&t=fu_Bi5m8HG48w0h8r5oalA
Does he care?
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://twitter.com/beastbr00k0/status/1615954735382536192?s=46&t=fu_Bi5m8HG48w0h8r5oalA
Does he care?

He doesn't play dumb ''sometimes''

He's consistent with the boneheaded plays. Doing dumb (bleep) every game isn't sometimes.

Russ telling teammates win lose or draw just have fun. Isn't showing that you care it's actually showing that regardless of the outcome it wont affect you. Who wants to hear that?

I've come to accept Russ for who he is and he gives me plenty chuckles every game. He used to make the games unwatchable for me but i got around to just seeing the comedy in it. He'll give you spectacular plays and then proceed to give you 4 straight duds. Im actually rooting for the guy but he makes it difficult. And he'll continue to make it difficult because this is who Russ is. He's incapable of changing who he is because he's incapable of owning up to his stupidity. How are you ever going to change your approach or evolve your game if you cant see your deficiencies.

Yeah Lebron does crap like that at times. And should rightfully be criticized.

He's also averaging 35/8/10 in January with our whole offense more or less dependent on him.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject:

At least they are still fighting. Could be worse, alot worse given the injury situation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Does he care?

He's consistent with the boneheaded plays. Doing dumb (bleep) every game isn't sometimes.

Russ telling teammates win lose or draw just have fun. Isn't showing that you care it's actually showing that regardless of the outcome it wont affect you. Who wants to hear that?

I've come to accept Russ for who he is and he gives me plenty chuckles every game. He used to make the games unwatchable for me but i got around to just seeing the comedy in it. He'll give you spectacular plays and then proceed to give you 4 straight duds. Im actually rooting for the guy but he makes it difficult. And he'll continue to make it difficult because this is who Russ is. He's incapable of changing who he is because he's incapable of owning up to his stupidity. How are you ever going to change your approach or evolve your game if you cant see your deficiencies.

He's also averaging 35/8/10 in January with our whole offense more or less dependent on him.

i don't need to pull the numbers, but i am guessing the numbers for Russ was pretty good for January as well. our second unit will be no where near competitive without him. i believe he cares, but he is just good enough like his old days. i will take his play now over last season and while that's not ideal, it is better than cutting him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Does he care?

i don't need to pull the numbers, but i am guessing the numbers for Russ was pretty good for January as well. our second unit will be no where near competitive without him. i believe he cares, but he is just good enough like his old days. i will take his play now over last season and while that's not ideal, it is better than cutting him.

You cant say we have no talent then Blame russ. He has to deal with the same talent bron does. Russ manages to get something out of them like he always has.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
We are getting eaten alive on Friday by Ja.

We will be 6 games under .500 and Pelinka will say there just isn’t a move to turn the team around.

Superstars will see that this front office lied to Lebron and we will not have any major free agent signings for as long as Jeanie is in town.

We are now the new Clippers, except we don’t even have Billy Crystal as a fan.

Plenty of other teams to route four
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:05 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies
      Crypto Arena, Los Angeles, CA | Friday, Jan. 20, 2023 • 7:00 PM PT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: