*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (01/15/23 @ 6:30PM PT) Gm#43 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Russell Westbrook said in the locker room that the final play was a shot attempt that was obstructed by Joel Embiid grabbing his right arm. Westbrook showed a handful of reporters a screenshot of the play where Embiid appears to be grabbing him.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1614855758218420224?s=46&t=9U_uFeXfzXfzDRg2ov1xQQ

Hmm. I missed that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Russell Westbrook said in the locker room that the final play was a shot attempt that was obstructed by Joel Embiid grabbing his right arm. Westbrook showed a handful of reporters a screenshot of the play where Embiid appears to be grabbing him.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1614855758218420224?s=46&t=9U_uFeXfzXfzDRg2ov1xQQ

Hmm. I missed that.

He was fouled
https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/1614856771277029377?s=46&t=L-JA76PyGgQHYN-AyvtSGQ
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

sonic the laker wrote:
TMG wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
I'm not sure why people are this irate. Granted, I would have like to see a timeout called. But, I honestly don't think it would have made a huge difference. We are not a good half court offensive team. That's why we struggle immensely when the game slows down, whether we're behind, or ahead. I don't have confidence that we would have gotten a good look, even if we had called a timeout.

It is what it is.

I mean i am not shocked. Ham gives me Nash vibes to be honest. Sure we aren't a good half court team but Ham made sure we were dead before we even tried anything. We had 2 timeouts we could have gotten something better than THAT.

It's awful coaching but i've come to expect that from Ham.

I think's it's more Ham being a rookie head coach, than being a bad coach. I understand the logic behind how the last play unfolded. The Lakers are best in transition, and Russ got the rebound and pushed the ball in an attempt to take advantage of the Sixers before they set their defense. Embiid on Russ would usually be advantageous for us. The problem was, it was the closing seconds of the game, when the refs swallow their whistle. The defense can get away with extra stuff, which I believed happened. Though, to be fair, that last attack by Russ wasn't the best decision. I won't put it all on Russ, or Ham. The whole team just stood there, looking at everything happen. This is a team thing. Bad execution has been a season long issue.

Yeah i agree and i think it's an indictment on reffing in the NBA. If it's a foul it's a foul. You dont enforce these soft rules 95% of the game and then just say physicality is allowed in the last play. It's crap reffing and a problem.

Last edited by TMG on Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

3peat_pete wrote:
So Lebron will be on rest day tomorrow right? hahaha

I bet the Rockets run this team over tomorrow.

Jalen Green/KPJ/Tate didn't play today and they will have a lot of energy to rain 3s on us tomorrow.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Game on the line. Down 1. 2 timeouts.

And you end up with a Westbrook iso against a dominate big. Probably the best big in the game and a top 10 player.

And you left the ball in the hands of a guy who easily blows 3-4 layups a game. I swear it seems like Ham and Westbrook have cost this team a good 5 wins with their stupidity.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I knew Russ was fouled as soon as i saw the replay. refs in the NBA suck but what else is new.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Game on the line. Down 1. 2 timeouts.

And you end up with a Westbrook iso against a dominate big. Probably the best big in the game and a top 10 player.

And you left the ball in the hands of a guy who easily blows 3-4 layups a game. I swear it seems like Ham and Westbrook have cost this team a good 5 wins with their stupidity.

Well it was a blatant foul and Russ should have shot fT's
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

NBA refs are absolute dog (bleep)
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Two games in row getting shafted by these (bleep).
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
The Pelicans sent their scouting staff to Europe, to scout Victor. That says it all.

what's gonna happen if the pelicans win the championship AND get wemby? lol
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Why in the hell are some of you giving Westbrook a pass on such a dumb play? Sure it was a foul. It is frustrating. But rarely do refs make calls at the end of the game. Especially on out of control desperation shots!

Lakers lost this game by inefficiency and careless plays. Not valuing possessions and playing minimal defense put them in the late game situation. Don’t put themselves in such crappy razors edge situations and maybe they would win some games.

On to Houston. But on a back to back. Who knows if they choose to show up against a team they “ should” beat.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why in the hell are some of you giving Westbrook a pass on such a dumb play? Sure it was a foul. It is frustrating. But rarely do refs make calls at the end of the game. Especially on out of control desperation shots!

Lakers lost this game by inefficiency and careless plays. Not valuing possessions and playing minimal defense put them in the late game situation. Don’t put themselves in such crappy razors edge situations and maybe they would win some games.

On to Houston. But on a back to back. Who knows if they choose to show up against a team they “ should” beat.

It’s consistent. Bron floundered to end last game, Russ this game. All good. We put up a fight against a better team with a legit mvp center.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
So Lebron will be on rest day tomorrow right? hahaha

I bet the Rockets run this team over tomorrow.

Jalen Green/KPJ/Tate didn't play today and they will have a lot of energy to rain 3s on us tomorrow.

lakers gonna end their 10 game losing streak? lol
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Two games in row getting shafted by these (bleep).

Remember, whenever we used to be getting to the wine and shooting free throws for the lack of outside shooting

Now they’re still getting all of their points in the paint and not getting to the free throw line anymore

Somethings gonna have to change other they’re gonna have to start getting fouls cold for them so they can get to the free throw line or the outside shooting has to improve
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:59 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

We lost the game because we can’t hit outside shots and even though all of our points are coming in the paint, the refs aren’t letting them get to the free throw line anymore
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: