mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
I think one minimal trade will do wonders on this roster...

They need to be shopping PatBev/Nunn + Pick hard...

Why shop Bev when he's got a pulse again?

Contract size, but yes, he has been pretty good recently

Only guy with a large enough contract besides Russ... I prefer to move him right now to just balance out the roster a bit...

There are no really good targets now, pacers have a better record than us. I don’t know who can we target at the moment.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Only guy with a large enough contract besides Russ... I prefer to move him right now to just balance out the roster a bit...

There are no really good targets now, pacers have a better record than us. I don’t know who can we target at the moment.

I understand... Hoping something develops in the next few weeks. We just need to stay afloat until the deadline.

With TBJ and Walker injury... We are smaller now at the wing position.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Kuzma.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I understand... Hoping something develops in the next few weeks. We just need to stay afloat until the deadline.

I wish rob can get us Bogs +Sadie bey, but I doubt Detroit does that.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I wish rob can get us Bogs +Sadie bey, but I doubt Detroit does that.

Kuzma or Bey would be my ideal target. But they will definitely cost us a pick.

Funny Bey just hit a buzzer beater tonight against the Warriors.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Great win. We were almost screwed by the refs, though. There’s no way I accept that Reaves’ foul was legit. He was in front of Oladipo and Dipo threw an elbow into him to clear space (albeit with both hands on the ball). That’s an offensive foul. You don’t need to be standstill to draw an offensive foul when the offensive player is using his elbow to clear space.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Solid win. Glad to see Pat Bev starting to come on a little less than midway through the season.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 am    Post subject:

The funny thing about it is as hard as we are on our team. The teams ahead of us are all losing games to let’s just see how it plays out.

Would still really like to get Boggs or Kuzma on this team

The problem is that Beverly is actually starting to play well if you can call that a problem
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
      LAKERS FOR THE WIN!!!
        >>>>>>> LET'S GO LAKERS!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
The funny thing about it is as hard as we are on our team. The teams ahead of us are all losing games to let’s just see how it plays out.

Would still really like to get Boggs or Kuzma on this team

The problem is that Beverly is actually starting to play well if you can call that a problem

Looking at the current standings is a bit surprising. As you state, there are a lot of teams losing and coming back to .500 or below. As bad as the Lakers’ record is they are only 1 game out of the 10th spot.

Nice short handed win by the Lakers. Still need to find ways to keep winning to get out of the hole they dug for themselves.

Starting to develop chemistry on this roster, is trading away contributors like Beverley really gaining much? Still not convinced they should include the picks in any trades to simply get to the play-in games though. Open to the idea if for a younger impact player that will be around a few seasons, but for a short term rental? No way!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Atlanta Hawks
    Crypto Arena | Los Angeles, CA | Friday, Jan. 06, 2023 @ 7:30 PM PT
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

Unexpected, but great win.

One of the best No Lebron/AD performances we have had. I think @Nets in 2020-21 was the last impressive one or even the 2019-20 @OKC game where Kuzma did what Schroder did last night.

Can’t say enough about Bryant filling in for AD. We would be so screwed without him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

I know we need him and won't go far without him but the team is more fluid when LeBron's not in the lineup. They play more to their individual strengths and don't cater to his. I've said it before and repeat, Bron is a ball stopper. This team is showing signs of being good. I didn't think we'd make the playoff/ins until lately.

GO LAKERS

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Great win. We were almost screwed by the refs, though. There’s no way I accept that Reaves’ foul was legit. He was in front of Oladipo and Dipo threw an elbow into him to clear space (albeit with both hands on the ball). That’s an offensive foul. You don’t need to be standstill to draw an offensive foul when the offensive player is using his elbow to clear space.

I wanted to rewatch because I had to have misheard their explanation. They called the foul on Westbrook and in the explanation, I could have sworn he said something like “after review, the defender was in legal guarding position, however, there is a foul on Reaves”

I don’t know if he mixed up Westbrook and Reaves? Because Westbrook clearly made contact. Or did they just switch the foul to be nice and save the Lakers their timeout since the block/charge call could have gone either way but overturning it to a charge would have ended the game?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I know we need him and won't go far without him but the team is more fluid when LeBron's not in the lineup. They play more to their individual strengths and don't cater to his. I've said it before and repeat, Bron is a ball stopper. This team is showing signs of being good. I didn't think we'd make the playoff/ins until lately.

GO LAKERS

Who played beyond their usual production other than Dennis?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
jodeke wrote:

GO LAKERS

I'm not talking about individuals, I'm speaking about the team as a whole. The ball was more shared. The team as a whole played more as a unit. You seldom saw one player hold onto the ball. Bron is in the GOAT conversation but he's a ball stopper.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
like I said before. Dennis is only good when he has no other star player starting with him. He needs to start off the bench and end this stupid small ball line up. Lakers need fire power off the bench and Dennis would be that Sixth Man.

I don’t know if you’ve been listening to Hamza conferences, but he is making sure that Westbrook wins that sixth man of the year
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
jodeke wrote:

GO LAKERS

I'm not talking about individuals, I'm speaking about the team as a whole. The ball was more shared. The team as a whole played more as a unit. You seldom saw one player hold onto the ball. Bron is in the GOAT conversation but he's a ball stopper.

This team needs to run and be a little chaotic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: