DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

Schroder at minimum salary as a guard who can get you to .500 is a realistic proposition.

Schroder at 20 million as a guard who can get you into title contention is a totally different question.

I'm fine with Schroder helping us catch the Pelicans.

It was tying up that salary on a team still trying to win a title that I thought was stupid.

He dodged a bullet... he'd be getting the hate instead of Russ right now had we paid 84 million.

Now, people will appreciate what he can bring at minimum salary just like Dwight.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Should be starting the whole time… Schro/Walker gives us a scoring combo back court. We also dont lose much defensively. PatBev should be coming off the bench with Russ/Reaves. Nunn should be put on shelf until we find a trading partner for Russ or PatBev.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Should be starting the whole time… Schro/Walker gives us a scoring combo back court. We also dont lose much defensively. PatBev should be coming off the bench with Russ/Reaves. Nunn should be put on shelf until we find a trading partner for Russ or PatBev.

I highly doubt bev is better than dennis on defense.. at switching he is
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
He dodged a bullet... he'd be getting the hate instead of Russ right now had we paid 84 million.

That $84 million contract is only $21m per season, quite a bit less than Westbrooks $47m. It would have been an overpay for sure, but he was making $15.5m on his previous contract. And the Lakers would have still had Kuzma, KCP, and Trez's contract, plus a first rounder to work with... And might have resigned Caruso.

I think a big part of the reasons that Russ caught so much flack last season, was because of the reports that he was not willing to do the things the team wanted him to do, combined with his massive salary and subpar play, combined with some popular Lakers no longer being with the team in order to acquire him. Schroder would have received hate, but not on the same level as Russ.

When people were saying they had to resign Schroder, it was for those reasons. They could always turn around and trade him. He had been traded twice on his previous deal. And they would have still been able to turn around and move those other players if they wished for other parts. His greed hurt himself and the team.

Last edited by J.C. Smith on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Pat Bev should only be getting 14-16 mins a night:

AD (24) - Bryant (14) - Wenyen (10)
LeBron (34) - AD (10) - Wenyen (4)
Troy (24) - Reaves (24)
Lonnie (28) - Pat Bev (16) - Reaves (4)
Dennis (20) - Westbrook (28)
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

That $84 million contract is only $21m per season, quite a bit less than Westbrooks $47m. It would have been an overpay for sure, but he was making $15.5m on his previous contract. And the Lakers would have still had Kuzma, KCP, and Trez's contract, plus a first rounder to work with... And might have resigned Caruso.

I think a big part of the reasons that Russ caught so much flack last season, was because of the reports that he was not willing to do the things the team wanted him to do, combined with his massive salary and subpar play, combined with some popular Lakers no longer being with the team in order to acquire him. Schroder would have received hate, but not on the same level as Russ.

When people were saying they had to resign Schroder, it was for those reasons. They could always turn around and trade him. He had been traded twice on his previous deal. And they would have still been able to turn around and move those other players if they wished for other parts. His greed hurt himself and the team.

He got six million and then two million.

No one wanted to pay him 20 million... which was my concern.

I understood those of you who wanted to preserve the asset and I understand it wasn't the most absurd overpay... but it was an overpay and it was also for four years.

The debates I have on the board aren't usually about the actual talent but much more so the price.

AD was a great player who was available the following year for nothing.

I understand that we lost other players by waiting... I understand we didn't want a PG 13 situation... but I wasn't upset that went for AD... I was upset that LBJ put us in a position where Rob had zero leverage against Griffin and we got totally wrecked.

I understand that Dennis is a good player... I understand he did a lot of good that first season for us... but he also was a selfish prick who was a distraction with his contract demands and then choked in the playoffs.

The problem with 84 million was that it was long... it was probably untradeable... and he had a sh*tty attitude

I never thought he was a bad player... I just thought we needed someone who could shoot... which has turned out to be true.

We have no idea what would happen with the others because LBJ was always trying to push for his stars.

Would keeping Schroder have been less terrible than signing Russ? Probably... but that's like saying getting long Covid is better than cancer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Troy (24) - Reaves (24)

I like this mins chart if no moves are made. All the guys who should play do. Still light on size but it's the best we can do.

Crazy how much Nunn has fallen off. So many thought he might be our 3rd guy this year or at least a 6MOY. Dude looks like a fish out of water in the sport of basketball.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Troy (24) - Reaves (24)

You can give more of Beverleys minutes to Bryant and Gabriel. Reaves can play more as a a guard, James more as a SF, AD more at the 4 etc

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

Schro/Walker/Bron/AD gives us a little bit of what we had 2 years ago with Schro/KCP/Bron/AD. That's 4 guys you can probably rely on to be a core for this year's team. Reaves a 5th guy sometimes, or match up/night based could be someone else.

Our issue will probably be size with that group, and defense. But on offense I like the flow of that group, they can definitely play well enough to win games, something that wasn't the case early on in the season.

If we can keep Lebron/AD healthy enough to play 65 games each (especially AD) and Dennis/Walker/Reaves continue to play as is, we'll have a real shot at making the play ins, and I suspect OKC will soon fall below us, and then it's going to be between us and a few .500 level teams to get that 7-10 play in spots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Schro/Walker/Bron/AD gives us a little bit of what we had 2 years ago with Schro/KCP/Bron/AD. That's 4 guys you can probably rely on to be a core for this year's team. Reaves a 5th guy sometimes, or match up/night based could be someone else.

Our issue will probably be size with that group, and defense. But on offense I like the flow of that group, they can definitely play well enough to win games, something that wasn't the case early on in the season.

If we can keep Lebron/AD healthy enough to play 65 games each (especially AD) and Dennis/Walker/Reaves continue to play as is, we'll have a real shot at making the play ins, and I suspect OKC will soon fall below us, and then it's going to be between us and a few .500 level teams to get that 7-10 play in spots.

I agree I really like the feel of those four. Walker isn’t the same shooter as KCP, but I’m he does provide another shot creating threat, which makes up for LeBron’s apparent regression in that department. With AD being solely a within 15 feet scorer really need a “laser” shooter at the trad 3 slot.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

we will need another center tho, besidess TBryant. DJones aint it

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Troy (24) - Reaves (24)

I think the plan should be for Bev and most others to get DNP-CD and then add in players outside of the 8 below for garbarge/foul-trouble/load-management time.

AD (24) - Bryant (24)
LeBron (22) - AD (10) - Wenyen (16)
Troy (24) - LeBron (12) - Reaves (12)
Lonnie (30) - Reaves (18)
Dennis (24) - Westbrook (24)

Also back on topic...we wouldn't have known it but the Schroeder deal at $21mil per year would have been worth it to avoid the Russ mistake and keep KCP/Caruso/Kuzma.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1598720185132777472?s=46&t=GBw0gi_m0uMRJpBaCuos_A

Welcome dennis and his wife newborn!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Congrats Schroeder!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1598720185132777472?s=46&t=GBw0gi_m0uMRJpBaCuos_A

Welcome dennis and his wife newborn!!!

Congrats!
I wish you didnt miss the Bucks game, but nothing is more important than fam.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I always liked DS! Congratulations!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Solid
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Schröooooooooo
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

That's Tuff...!!!

Always been a solid guy... His a bargain for the minimum.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

If Schroder played like tonight regularly, he'd be worth 20 million.

Unfortunately so far he hasn't.

But I'd welcome it if this was the start of a new phase for him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

It helps that the ball wasn’t sticking in LeBron’s hand like it always does when LeBron plays, once LeBron comes back his FGA and efficiency will decrease unfortunately
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Good game. Glad to see it!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

It helps that the ball wasn’t sticking in LeBron’s hand like it always does when LeBron plays, once LeBron comes back his FGA and efficiency will decrease unfortunately

So are you saying without Lebron, Schro is a 30ppg scorer? Happy for Schroder tonight. Someone had to pick up the scoring while Lebron out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

So are you saying without Lebron, Schro is a 30ppg scorer? Happy for Schroder tonight. Someone had to pick up the scoring while Lebron out.

I think without so many players needing the ball in there hands all the time helps someone’s confidence and aggression I would hope it still continues when LeBron and Lonnie come back.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

That baby tuff!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/103szve/highlight_dennis_schroder_with_a_huge_smile/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 261 of 284
Jump to: