Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
srekal2 wrote:
Best player in the NBA. Hope he can stay healthy and motivated!

If by best, you mean Top 10 player then maybe

I’m content having a healthy top-10 AD with intermittent MVP stretches
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Trade him for a farm. We've got one championship out of him so if we could get back anything near the price we paid for him, it would be great.

Based on our current situation, next year, we would have about $30M in capspace to improve the team. That's enough for one "good" player but I don't think this team is one good player away from contention.

We've seen clearly two years in a row now that vet min players won't give you depth. You get what you pay for.

AD is putting up MVP numbers but this is true. They would be in an entirely different situation if they just kept Kuz, KCP and/or Caruso. Personally, I would sell high and start the rebuild. At this rate, AD is going to wear himself out carrying the team, especially if Lebron keeps sitting. Making the play-in will be difficult, given the rise of teams like the Kings, Blazers, Jazz and Pelicans. Seems like the bare minimum for making the play-in will be 40 games, and the schedule isn't getting any easier.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

The key is how is LBJ going to fit in with AD. We should be an AD-centric team, and even LBJ has "said" this too. But now he has to put it into practice and play off of AD. I'll believe it when I see it but LBJ is the one who has to adjust and let AD be the #1 option.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

Best player = best value. Trade him now?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

The way he is playing add in LBJ it is hard for me to understand how they wouldn’t at least be a playoff team.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
The way he is playing add in LBJ it is hard for me to understand how they wouldn’t at least be a playoff team.

I'm with you on that, it's hard to see this team not having a chance to win having both LBJ and AD and especially if the FO is willing to make upgrades to the 3pt shooting hole. The GM can use at least just 1 of the 6 picks possessed over the next 7 years so the future doesn't even have to sold to improve the roster.

Sad...seems some have become so comfortable with losing they can't wait to get back to it because to them that is an acceptable plan. They have convinced themselves that there is no chance so the team shouldn't even try, and that losing wouldn't be so bad as a plan to win later. I don't even think they would even be affected by the losing as it looks as if that is their preferred plan.

It was well known and reported that this team needed 3pt shooting and that they would struggle without it...this was back in the summer. The GM still hasn't filled that hole. IMO if two 3pt shooters are added with a starting center the Lakers would be hard for other teams to keep away from another Larry Obrien...#18.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Our 3-12 rotation isn't very good
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Because bron will turn us into a bron-centric offense.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

What about the first year AD came? Wasn’t AD the leading scorer? Lebron will step back when he knows he can…and these last 4 games…AD is showing Lebron that
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

What about the first year AD came? Wasn’t AD the leading scorer? Lebron will step back when he knows he can…and these last 4 games…AD is showing Lebron that

Different team. Way different bron. He will try but it will evolve to bron getting his.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

AD has peaked in my opinion, but I'm glad that he is playing well.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Trade him for a farm. We've got one championship out of him so if we could get back anything near the price we paid for him, it would be great.

Based on our current situation, next year, we would have about $30M in capspace to improve the team. That's enough for one "good" player but I don't think this team is one good player away from contention.

We've seen clearly two years in a row now that vet min players won't give you depth. You get what you pay for.

AD is putting up MVP numbers but this is true. They would be in an entirely different situation if they just kept Kuz, KCP and/or Caruso. Personally, I would sell high and start the rebuild. At this rate, AD is going to wear himself out carrying the team, especially if Lebron keeps sitting. Making the play-in will be difficult, given the rise of teams like the Kings, Blazers, Jazz and Pelicans. Seems like the bare minimum for making the play-in will be 40 games, and the schedule isn't getting any easier.

Don't you believe that the Lakers could compete if they had Kuzma/KCP/Carouso? Well...because of the better offense, Reeves could be thought of as a replacement for Caruso. KCP appeared to be a better defender but Walker's offense could provide a fill in for him...if so the Lakers are missing a Kuzma type player to compete. Being this close...why would fans want to punt when just a couple of players could possibly make a difference?

I get that Caruso and KCP provided defense which is a better fit for a team with AD/LBJ...but if the team can add two or three players to add to the impact that Caruso/KCP/Kuzma had then wouldn't that seem to put them in a place to compete?

I don't agree with the opinion some have that the team is so far away that they shouldn't even try to compete...especially when it likely means accepting a few seasons of losing horribly when the team has 6 of the next 7 first round pics.

Looking at Fever's take, I also believe the team is more than one good player away which is why I want to use at least one FRP now because next year the team wouldn't be able to add more than one good player but using the pic now allows them to add more than just one good player.

If the team added Rozier/Hayward for WB then added Turner for Bev/Nunn/FRP then that is three good players (well 2 and a half lol!) players that can be on the team next year as well as this year...these type of roster upgrades could not be made next year.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I'm with you on that, it's hard to see this team not having a chance to win having both LBJ and AD and especially if the FO is willing to make upgrades to the 3pt shooting hole. The GM can use at least just 1 of the 6 picks possessed over the next 7 years so the future doesn't even have to sold to improve the roster.

Sad...seems some have become so comfortable with losing they can't wait to get back to it because to them that is an acceptable plan. They have convinced themselves that there is no chance so the team shouldn't even try, and that losing wouldn't be so bad as a plan to win later. I don't even think they would even be affected by the losing as it looks as if that is their preferred plan.

It was well known and reported that this team needed 3pt shooting and that they would struggle without it...this was back in the summer. The GM still hasn't filled that hole. IMO if two 3pt shooters are added with a starting center the Lakers would be hard for other teams to keep away from another Larry Obrien...#18.

No, the GM can’t use 1 of the 6 picks in the next 7 years, he can use 1 of 2 picks.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:

If 30/15 is peaking, I'll take that for the next 2-3 years.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:

Great time to trade him for picks and a young guy.
He puts

Gsw
Bucks
Suns
Nuggs
Bos
Over the top

Greatly improves
Heat
Raptors
Pels
Hawks

Last edited by Halflife on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

It's criminal that Pelinka can't put a good enough roster around him and LeBron.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

It's criminal that Pelinka can't put a good enough roster around him and LeBron.

Bron doesn’t play. His 50 mil for 3 years is a big reason
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

No, the GM can’t use 1 of the 6 picks in the next 7 years, he can use 1 of 2 picks.

That is a fair point and should be considered. As of now the Lakers only have 2FRPs to use in a trade.

However, if 1 of 6 pics is used in a trade now, then there would be 5 pics left to use in future drafts and 1 left to use in a trade now. The Lakers will select a player with the FRP in 2023. Then after the 2024 draft, more pics would become available for trade and the Lakers would have their 2026 and 2028 pic along with being able to trade the 2029, 2030 or 2031 pics, (can look at pics 7 years out but consecutive pics can't be traded).

Additionally, after the draft is made the players selected could be used in a trade, so having the pick and not being able to trade it just means that the team has to have more prudent planning and trade the player after picked as opposed to having the luxury of trading the pic before selecting.

The bottom line is that the Lakers have 6 pics in the next 7 years and even tho only 2 are available to be traded as of now, that will change as the years progress and the Lakers can trade the players selected at any time once the pics are used.

Finally, with AD/LBJ on the team and having Walker and Reeves playing the way they are, plus the potential of Bryant/Schroeder...it's worth it to me to take the risk and use one of the two pics for now to compete since there will be flexibility to trade future pics and/or drafted players each year. I take that risk because I don't think those pics at that time in the future will present a better chance to win than the chance to win using the pics now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

That's right...tell em. The notion that there isn't anything that can be done to win now is a false narrative considering AD is in beast mode and LBJ on the team. Plus Walker/Reeves playing well along with the potential of Scroeder/Bryant...this team could win. The question is can Pelinka pull it off?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

That's right...tell em. The notion that there isn't anything that can be done to win now is a false narrative considering AD is in beast mode and LBJ on the team. Plus Walker/Reeves playing well along with the potential of Scroeder/Bryant...this team could win. The question is can Pelinka pull it off?

That’s the 2 FRPs question… with THIS AD, I say go for it
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Halflife wrote:
danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

Better to laugh than cry I guess.
50 million for 3 years
Has missed huge chunks of seasons without bubble.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
Currently

#1 in rebounds
#12 in points
#2 in blocks
#11 in steals

That’s the 2 FRPs question… with THIS AD, I say go for it

Yeah, it'll be dope until he has to miss games.. He's already had a good hand full of injuries and missed time this early in the Season. Even after this game he's talking about numbness. No doubt he's stepping up and doing his part and balling out lately but with zero depth and Bron breaking down before our eyes i'm still not seeing a Playoff team at all. If a solid trade comes along where aren't getting robbed it could be worth it though to see how things shake out. This roster is basically swiss cheese, so many holes to fill and that's when they're healthy.....
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Our 3-12 rotation isn't very good

We're trying to put players above their level that should be 6-15. Imagine if Walker, Reeves, Schroeder were 6th, 7th, 8th instead of 3rd, 4th, 5th.

We'd have to get three starters for that so:
Bev/Nunn/FRP for Turner
WB/FRP for Rozier/Hayward/McDaniels

Turner(4)
AD(1)
LBJ(2)/Reeves(7)
Hayward(5)/Walker(6)
Rozier(3)/Schroeder(8)

Bryant(9)/McDaniels(10)/TBjr(11)/Gabriel(12)Christie(13)/JTA(14)/Jones(15)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1234, 1235, 1236 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1235 of 1425
Jump to: