LONNIE WALKER IV signs with Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
What’s his cap hold if we want to re-sign him?

$7.8m only… I think if he continues his play, some other team will offer him more.

And we wil let him go. The Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss special
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

$7.8m only… I think if he continues his play, some other team will offer him more.

They will try to spin it so if you sign a 1-year deal with the Lakers i.e. Monk and Walker Jr. you can get paid well on the next deal(although it won't be from us)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
danzag wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

They will try to spin it so if you sign a 1-year deal with the Lakers i.e. Monk and Walker Jr. you can get paid well on the next deal(although it won't be from us)

$7.8m is about right, Caruso-ish
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

The incompetence from our front office boils my blood. Does anywhere here seriously think when Klutch is gone that everything will turn around???

As long as Jeanie is in charge…we will continue to be the Western Knicks. Klutch or no Klutch
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

We may be cost conscious after Klutch is gone, but won't make as many Klutch-oriented decisions for player signings, which alone will be a net positive for the team.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Been my biggest gripe in these signings. You get one year to literally add assets for free with these exceptions. Getting them on longer deals already puts said player on sub avg deals (ie the avg salary for players last year was ~10.5m), which is about the ntpMLE amount and roughly 4m less than the tpMLE.

We supposedly hired Ham to develop our young players…however we targeted these young ones layers and gave em all mostly 1yr stopgap deals.

There was alot of skepticism with the use of our one resource in the MLE in yet another Klutch klient. I never followed Walker the player like that, but I was sickened to see that it was yet another 1yr deal. And as for being Klutch, they may have sway in getting Rob’s attention, but if they really wanted to flex, wouldn’t all these Klutch players get longterm fully guaranteed deals then. Granted, we given em pseudo 2yr deals with the player options on Trezz & Nunn…but nonne of these Klutch non Bron/AD deals have really broken the bank for us. I personally would love to see longer deals, not as a klutch tax, but more as gaining assets / salary fodder for bigger moves later.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Klutch seems to get hammered pretty consistently on the board. Can someone familiar with their clients and the Laker signings outline how they have hurt the team?

I thought the KCP deal at the time was an overpay as a favor to Klutch but he turned out alright, then the Lonnie Walker deal seemed like a Klutch bribe payoff but now I wish Rob would have signed him to 2 years. JTA? TBjr? Anyone else?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Klutch seems to get hammered pretty consistently on the board. Can someone familiar with their clients and the Laker signings outline how they have hurt the team?

I thought the KCP deal at the time was an overpay as a favor to Klutch but he turned out alright, then the Lonnie Walker deal seemed like a Klutch bribe payoff but now I wish Rob would have signed him to 2 years. JTA? TBjr? Anyone else?

Russell Westbrook, not a Klutch client, but a Klutch acquisition.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject:

There is a perception that the Lakers have overpaid for various Klutch clients (KCP, THT, Harrell), filled the roster with Klutch clients when better players were available, and made bad or debatable trade in the service of Klutch.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

There is a perception that the Lakers have overpaid for various Klutch clients (KCP, THT, Harrell), filled the roster with Klutch clients when better players were available, and made bad or debatable trade in the service of Klutch.

I can see disappointment with THT and Harrell but that impact seems relatively minor especially since both have been traded and the team has benefited with KCP and Walker...similar to how we can be disappointed with JTA but pleasantly surprised with TBjr.

Is the Klutch hate disproportionate to their impact? What has Klutch done, specifically, to have the perception that they have been a problem?
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject:

If that missed dunk went in, Staples would explode. Still got a poster in the 1st half. Good game

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I sure hope we can keep him after this season.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject:

He's been a joy to watch so far, such an electric player!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

And Austin Reaves and Troy Brown Jr.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
We may be cost conscious after Klutch is gone, but won't make as many Klutch-oriented decisions for player signings, which alone will be a net positive for the team.

LeBron, Lonnie Walker, and Troy Brown, seems to be working out pretty good and KCP turned out to be a good signing. THT didn't work out and JTA seems like he still has a way to go to be a contributor but overall, it seems like Klutch has helped and can't really see how they have hurt.

I can't say I'm comfortable being in the clutches of Klutch lol!...but it seems like the complaints are more about frustrations and emotions than facts and results.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

I see us being stupid and getting rid of all 3 to chase Kyrie, or we let Reaves go to pay the Klutch tax. Hope I’m wrong.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

LeBron, Lonnie Walker, and Troy Brown, seems to be working out pretty good and KCP turned out to be a good signing. THT didn't work out and JTA seems like he still has a way to go to be a contributor but overall, it seems like Klutch has helped and can't really see how they have hurt.

I can't say I'm comfortable being in the clutches of Klutch lol!...but it seems like the complaints are more about frustrations and emotions than facts and results.

Is the Klutch backed, weak-willed Pelinka following their directions, Westbrook engineered trade more frustration and emotion than facts?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

I see us being stupid and getting rid of all 3 to chase Kyrie, or we let Reaves go to pay the Klutch tax. Hope I’m wrong.

Unfortunately that's what's probably happening
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Is the Klutch backed, weak-willed Pelinka following their directions, Westbrook engineered trade more frustration and emotion than facts?

Yes! Absolutely…can’t you see it too? The GM and owner are ultimately responsible…they both have said it…because of frustration and emotion tho most of the blame is placed on Klutch.

Now don’t get me twisted…faulk Klutch and any other agency, IDGAF about any of them, it’s GoLakers all day everyday for me…but it seems to me that in the absence of real blame, a false narrative is created to place more blame on Klutch and that imo is because of frustration and emotion.

Think about it…if they were really in control then it would seem the players they represent would get longer term deals and wouldn’t be traded. Also, if LeBron and Klutch were in control then wouldn’t we expect the team to have signed 3pt shooters, bring Melo back, trade for John Wall, trade 2FRPs for Kyrie? It looks like imo the control of LeBron and Klutch is just a conspiracy theory concocted out of frustration and emotion.

We don’t know, it’s speculation by the fans…logically tho it would seem appropriate to Blame the people who are authoritatively in control…the owner and GM.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Klutch gets their guys to take 1 year deals to fulfill Rob's max cap space fantasy and Lakers slightly overpay/offer the most they but promise big roles/mins. Harrell, Nunn, Walker - 3 years 3 mid level signings. On top of LeBron, AD, KCP, JTA, THT, Dion, JR, Brown Jr., Pippen Jr.

I'd argue it's been more beneficial that harmful but I can see the other end of the argument as well.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Klutch is a competent sports agency... I just feel like there is a powerful conflict of interest.

You never know exactly whether what we are doing is more beneficial to the Lakers or to Klutch.

Are there times when things are mutually beneficial? Sure.

But you don't want your decisions dictated by an agency.

Unless Giannis, Luka, Steph, Ja, Wemba start their own agency.

That's an agency I wouldn't mind being in business with.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Why are people getting mad about the Lakers signing Lonnie Walker with the mid level exception? If I'm not mistaken, most everyone here was surprised...and disappointed...when we heard the news (myself included). We were baffled as to why the Lakers would sign another guard onto a team that was already guard heavy. And, people were flaming Pelinka for the signing. Now that Lonnie has been a exceptionally pleasant surprise, people are flaming Pelinka for not signing him to a longer contract... Ok.

Also, there's the possibility...which I think is closer to the truth...is that Klutch is using the Lakers as a reclamation project for their players. It's quite likely that Lonnie and Klutch weren't looking for a multi year deal. They wanted a one year deal to show what Lonnie could do, and hopefully cash in if he performed well. It's one of those things that is what it is. Sometimes players will take chances to bet on themselves. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes not. All that said, with Westbrook's salary off the books next season, it's not impossible that the Lakers are able to retain Lonnie. Just have to see.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Why are people getting mad about the Lakers signing Lonnie Walker with the mid level exception? If I'm not mistaken, most everyone here was surprised...and disappointed...when we heard the news (myself included). We were baffled as to why the Lakers would sign another guard onto a team that was already guard heavy. And, people were flaming Pelinka for the signing. Now that Lonnie has been a exceptionally pleasant surprise, people are flaming Pelinka for not signing him to a longer contract... Ok.

Also, there's the possibility...which I think is closer to the truth...is that Klutch is using the Lakers as a reclamation project for their players. It's quite likely that Lonnie and Klutch weren't looking for a multi year deal. They wanted a one year deal to show what Lonnie could do, and hopefully cash in if he performed well. It's one of those things that is what it is. Sometimes players will take chances to bet on themselves. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes not. All that said, with Westbrook's salary off the books next season, it's not impossible that the Lakers are able to retain Lonnie. Just have to see.

That's not what people are wondering about, it's the length of the contract. We find studs but then they walk after a year

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/rajchipalu/status/1596352611522707456?s=21&t=p7UfM2onfjcDcJVtvHaNmw

Lonnie deserves recognition for actually performing under pressure. Seems like he’s built for the extra scrutiny. Good return on MLE signing so far.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

It’s nice to know that Pelinka continued his horrible cap and salary management by signing Walker to a one year deal, meaning that if he continues to play like he is, the team will have to use cap room to re-sign him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 19 of 41
Jump to: