OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:40 am    Post subject:

_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

+ MMLE (Nunn), TMLE (Walker), #22 in 2022, Montrez' expiring K, THT

Revisionist history is always a flaw game, but that could have easily been our roster today. Pelinka is literally destroying a franchise that lucked into assets before he came, a championship squad with 2 stars, etc. He's the Smush Parker of being a GM - maybe that's too nice.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

Worst GM in the league. Worst ownership in the league.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

Revisionist history is always a flaw game, but that could have easily been our roster today. Pelinka is literally destroying a franchise that lucked into assets before he came, a championship squad with 2 stars, etc. He's the Smush Parker of being a GM - maybe that's too nice.

Man, that hurts to see laid out. that would have been a hell of a team! hindsight always 20/20 of course, but man. EVERY FREAKING MOVE has been a misstep and an incorrect assessment of our assets.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

Caruso move hurt the most. Screwed over a hard worker who gave us everything, played winning basketball, to give 50 mm to some scrub who can’t go left to put a few more $$ in Rich Paul’s pocket
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Caruso move hurt the most. Screwed over a hard worker who gave us everything, played winning basketball, to give 50 mm to some scrub who can’t go left to put a few more $$ in Rich Paul’s pocket

And on top of all that was homegrown, g-league up AND was a fan favorite.

... that's like Dr. Buss trading Rambis to save a few bucks durning showtime. Cheap and zaps team energy.

I'm so bummed... about all of it. Dark times here. No light at the end of the tunnel for the foreseeable future.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

This is true.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

... that's like Dr. Buss trading Rambis to save a few bucks durning showtime. Cheap and zaps team energy.

I'm so bummed... about all of it. Dark times here. No light at the end of the tunnel for the foreseeable future.

(bleep) embarrassing
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

If we're revisionist dreaming go all in:

Zubac Nance
LBJ Randle
Ingram Kuzma
DLO Clarkson
Ball

This assumes we take Kuzma one pick earlier and pass on Hart/TBryant

Mos/Deng should have been offered 2yrs + 1yr team option even if it cost an overpay of $80mil = $27/year. All of the FRPs would have still been on rookie deals when we declined Mos/Deng options for the 3rd year allowing us to sign LBJ and keep the young pups. No AD but have draft pics that could have turned in to Garland/Bane.

The Lakers would be in the category of the GSW and that unmentionable team that wears green. Poised for a dynasty.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

^that team sucks. Drop Ball, put in Tatum - that’s the true dream.

But even then I doubt it wins a ring. LeBron still gets older and more injured and Tatum couldn’t win with a team that had more talent and better coaching
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Same with Zubac. Grew up a die hard Laker fan. He was so excited when he got drafted by the Lakers. Very hard worker. Was already working on the sky hook in his rookie year. Then our front office happened and the rest was history. Everything happened under Jeanie's watch.

We've gotten to this point because of many years of mismanagement so it might take many years to bring us back to prominence if it would ever happen again.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

Bane was never on our team. He was a pick.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Same with Zubac. Grew up a die hard Laker fan. He was so excited when he got drafted by the Lakers. Very hard worker. Was already working on the sky hook in his rookie year. Then our front office happened and the rest was history. Everything happened under Jeanie's watch.

We've gotten to this point because of many years of mismanagement so it might take many years to bring us back to prominence if it would ever happen again.

As long as the current administration/owner is in place I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel either. While the team struggles as the worst team in the league the front office says they unlikely to trade FRPs to improve...that just weeks after saying they will do what it takes to create a winner even if it means trading the pics. Just sorry arse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Unfortunately, he's a package deal. My bet is he doesn't get to make moves unless GM Lebron and Rich Paul say so.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
2019 wrote:
_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

Yeah, and...?

Reports said Lakers really liked him and her said he felt like he might have ended up a Laker. He was there with the pick that went to OKC for 1 year of Dennis. Not a stretch at all to think he could've been a Laker.

My point is that Rob made every wrong choice instead of staying the course and building around the core that won the title in 2020. Additions in FA, draft picks, small but smart trades.... that's how you keep a title window going. not ripping apart the team every summer and taking completely opposite approaches each time in vision - or lack thereof.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

First key misstep was acquiring Montrez. Team lost a ton of size and defense, which were the identity. Losing Dwight and McGee were killer. Rondo wanted to get paid, that was well known. Cant be blamed for his leaving. Schroeder ended badly, but had been doing ok up until the two stars went down with injuries. Lost too much chemistry and playoff positioning as a result. Gasol: brought some spacing but was defensive liability. His good facilitating skills couldn't be fully utilized. Drummond was a poor fit, but the reasoning for getting him was sound.

Team continued to degrade defensively with the loss of wings. WB was the ultimate error that can't be remedied. FO's inability to find shooters is damning too. Things haven't hit rock bottom yet. 2-10 is flattering. Could easily be winless.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
2019 wrote:
_______, ______
AD, Kuzma
LeBron, ______
Bane, KCP
Caruso, Reaves

Gee man, thanks for the information, we all thought we had him on the team. Without your thoughtful insight we would have never known.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
btw...is this a bad time for me to say i told you so? I said day 1 that Magic/Pelinka was going to work out badly. And when Magic left, i was happy, but said Rob being in charge wasn't much better. This is easily the worst hire in Laker history. The biggest front office fumble. To go from champion to worst record in the NBA in 2 years. I mean, this HAS to end with us winning the #1 pick right? With Rob sitting there to represent the Lakers? And he better not cowardly get someone else to do that...

They won a championship though so it is kind of weak and lame to come with the ‘I told you so”

The most sell-souling title ever. For everything we gave up, you at least want multiple runs. Rob used ten years worth of assets to get a bubble title with no parade. IG could have put together a title team if he had the license to give away as much as Rob did.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
btw...is this a bad time for me to say i told you so? I said day 1 that Magic/Pelinka was going to work out badly. And when Magic left, i was happy, but said Rob being in charge wasn't much better. This is easily the worst hire in Laker history. The biggest front office fumble. To go from champion to worst record in the NBA in 2 years. I mean, this HAS to end with us winning the #1 pick right? With Rob sitting there to represent the Lakers? And he better not cowardly get someone else to do that...

They won a championship though so it is kind of weak and lame to come with the ‘I told you so”

The most sell-souling title ever. For everything we gave up, you at least want multiple runs. Rob used ten years worth of assets to get a bubble title with no parade. IG could have put together a title team if he had the license to give away as much as Rob did.

We have to take the hit of being wrong b4 we take credit for the "I told you so" or we're just being fake imo. I too believed as you that the team would never win anything after the incompetence of letting Randle go for nothing, not resigning Lopez or Bryant and then trading Zubac. I was wrong and admit that...but I was more surprised at the title than I am of the sh1tshow that is going on now so I get what you are saying. By some miracle the clowns were able to supernaturally get a championship I never thought they were capable of getting...now the truth about their incompetence is coming out.

It should have been a run at a dynasty so they still fumbled the ball but we can't say we were right when we thought they would not even win one when they did.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

getting one is worth it. I kept hearing how if we were healthy the following year we would have been a contender. Injuries happen.....all the time it seems.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

getting one is worth it. I kept hearing how if we were healthy the following year we would have been a contender. Injuries happen.....all the time it seems.

I used to agree that the one title was worth it but I no longer have that belief. I would trade that real guaranteed championship for a theoretical chance to compete for others with:

Zubac Nance
Randle
Ingram Kuzma
DLO Clarkson
Ball

Lack of competitiveness is one thing...but being a joke of an embarrassment is another and I would trade a championship to not be that disgrace. I would trade a real championship for a team built through the draft that I could embrace as home grown results of suffering through those tank-a-thon losses. Win or lose i could root for the young pups with pride. I would trade a championship for that and who knows, maybe i would get a championship back and can cherish it...more than selling the soul of the team for a tainted title.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I used to agree that the one title was worth it but I no longer have that belief. I would trade that real guaranteed championship for a theoretical chance to compete for others with:

Zubac Nance
Randle
Ingram Kuzma
DLO Clarkson
Ball

Lack of competitiveness is one thing...but being a joke of an embarrassment is another and I would trade a championship to not be that disgrace. I would trade a real championship for a team built through the draft that I could embrace as home grown results of suffering through those tank-a-thon losses. Win or lose i could root for the young pups with pride. I would trade a championship for that and who knows, maybe i would get a championship back and can cherish it...more than selling the soul of the team for a tainted title.

Caruso, KCP, Hart, GPII, Lopez were on that roster too. They definitely had the pieces. Maybe a PG13 away from a surefire championship.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

This bum thought changing coach but keeping the same trash roster will give better results

Clueless
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Zubac Nance
Randle
Ingram Kuzma
DLO Clarkson
Ball

Been saying that for a long time. Some people make love to enjoy the process and the experience. Others to hurry up and climax. I do not fall into the latter but it would seem a lot of media members want to make us believe that the majority of lakers fans do.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I think the biggest Pelinka mistake of all time is that we traded a FRP for Dennis that could have been Desmond Bane. We worked out Bane too. He wanted to play for us. We passed on that opportunity and traded Danny Green for someone who left us after the season.

I put the THT over Caruso signing 2nd.

It’s just obvious how stupid he is. The formula he used to build a championship team showed that role players are critical and if you’re going to use three stars (2 have to be underpaid relative to market).

I mean the guy keeps whiffing. We tanked Kuzma’s value. We handed Zubac away for nothing. We used to be smarter than other teams. His leadership showed he’s at the worst.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Zubac Nance
Randle
Ingram Kuzma
DLO Clarkson
Ball

Been saying that for a long time. Some people make love to enjoy the process and the experience. Others to hurry up and climax. I do not fall into the latter but it would seem a lot of media members want to make us believe that the majority of lakers fans do.

The process is only enjoyable if you win. That roster in the quote above yours is not a championship winning roster. No one would be happy with an oft injured Ball and DLO, Beyblade, Slim Reefer, and Kuz's ghost act.

The Dodgers have had a terrific "process" for a decade plus now and almost nothing to show for it. Guess which year I -- and every other fan -- enjoyed the most?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 203 of 243
Jump to: