Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

There isn’t a lineup that wins us the game. Guy is getting the same treatment as Vogel.

Fox was abusing Pat bev on every damm possession and this bald head didn’t do squat about it

Pulled out reeves for no reason with 3:45 left in 4th

I mean, I could’ve thought better adjustments than him, you out in Wenyen and ask AD or Wenyen to just double fox on screens and the other big switches to Sabonis.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hilarious that people think roster is the issue, Ham has been all talk since becoming the Lakers coach, the Lakers just don’t want to be embarrassed firing him this early when they just gave him a extension.

Stay in the free agency thread IG. Im not saying Ham is some genius, but it’s apparent the lakers roster is flawed. Nobody could coach this team to wins.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

3-16 record as coach.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hilarious that people think roster is the issue, Ham has been all talk since becoming the Lakers coach, the Lakers just don’t want to be embarrassed firing him this early when they just gave him a extension.

Stay in the free agency thread IG. Im not saying Ham is some genius, but it’s apparent the lakers roster is flawed. Nobody could coach this team to wins.

I’m not saying the whole blame should go to Ham but even fans who support him are suggesting that he makes a lot of mistakes during the game, Popovich is coaching a Spurs team with Keldon Johnson as there best player and they have a better record then us, you don’t have to feel embarrassed.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

There isn’t a lineup that wins us the game. Guy is getting the same treatment as Vogel.

Fox was abusing Pat bev on every damm possession and this bald head didn’t do squat about it

I mean, I could’ve thought better adjustments than him, you out in Wenyen and ask AD or Wenyen to just double fox on screens and the other big switches to Sabonis.

Adjusting and trapping the small fox would have been nice to see.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

No kidding, Vogel does that a lot
We couldn’t do it because Sabonis would’ve scored easily on our small
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

I watched AD contest fox and he was just on fire. It we send the double team there isn’t size to contest shots in the paint, or there getting an open three point look.

Offensively I have a problem. Reeves and Lonnie made some plays tonight, but this team is suppose to be playing in and out. Drive, kick, move. Instead it’s the same iso offense every game. Russ went pnr with Gabriel at one point which was nice to show how easy it is.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

I watched AD contest fox and he was just on fire. It we send the double team there isn’t size to contest shots in the paint, or there getting an open three point look.

Offensively I have a problem. Reeves and Lonnie made some plays tonight, but this team is suppose to be playing in and out. Drive, kick, move. Instead it’s the same iso offense every game. Russ went pnr with Gabriel at one point which was nice to show how easy it is.

That’s why Ham was dumb, put wenyen in and start double the guy on fire, and rotate
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see a Lakers coach be bold.

What’s not bold is sticking with the 34-year-old, 13-million-dollar veteran who is forcing the offense to play 4 on 5 and is getting abused defensively over the 19-year-old rookie with size who is playing well on both ends.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Vogel is feeling pretty vindicated at this point.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

Yes, Ham is getting the same treatment and Vogel and he deserves it...outed for bad coaching decisions.
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Imagine,firing the coach you won the ring with to see this product

LOL
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Ham is in a terrible situation. It's a tough to turn down the Lakers job when it's offered though. These chances come along only a handful of times in your life.

I also don't like how Vogel's departure was handled. Polonka is totally blame-free and can live off the laurels of that 2020 title.*puke*
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:

LOL

It was never a coaching problem. The problem is who is making the decisions assembling the roster.....
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Ham is looking awful but I think we do have to give him some time to prove himself, I don't think the Vogel team ever looked this bad but not everyone operates at the same speed.

I'll say this if we end up in the Wembanyama sweepstakes by end of season then Ham will be and should be a goner. I don't care how bad the rest of the roster is, if you have AD, Lebron and Russ on your squad you just can't be a bottom 3 team in the NBA.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Ham is looking awful but I think we do have to give him some time to prove himself, I don't think the Vogel team ever looked this bad but not everyone operates at the same speed.

I'll say this if we end up in the Wembanyama sweepstakes by end of season then Ham will be and should be a goner. I don't care how bad the rest of the roster is, if you have AD, Lebron and Russ on your squad you just can't be a bottom 3 team in the NBA.

The Pelicans have the rights to have our 1st round pick this year.. the Lakers can’t get Wembayama
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject:

This hire is the best example how Lakers front office is terrible. You have team full of egos and you take rookie coach only because apparently everyone in the league loves him. I do not care if everyone loves him, I do not care he was shot few decades ago, I do not care if he is the best person in the world. As a coach of the Los Angeles Lakers he sucks and he needs to be fired. Even Phil Jackson would not survive 2-10 start to the season.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:59 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Ham is in a terrible situation. It's a tough to turn down the Lakers job when it's offered though. These chances come along only a handful of times in your life.

I also don't like how Vogel's departure was handled. Polonka is totally blame-free and can live off the laurels of that 2020 title.*puke*

Yep...that's the vomit like feeling of it...Pelinka is the most to blame and he got an extension. When Vogel was fired Pelinka should have gotten the boot as well. 8 guards 6'4" or shorter and 6 over the hill former Lakers...cartoonish like incompetence, then does something somewhat similar this year (three 6'2" points guards plus another just like that on a two-way) and got a 4 year extension.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:36 am    Post subject:

Does anyone else get the feeling that players just lose their swag after joining the Lakers?

I remember Dame Jones was still pretty decent playing for the kings, had a number of highlight plays. But now he's unplayable.

Pat Bev was also quite good and was quite a decent shooter, but now he's a liability on offense.

Nunn was a dynamite rookie in Miami. Now he's also quite unplayable.

Brook Lopez is a key piece to the Bucks' chip, but the Lakers never utilized him well.

Russ was the savior in Washington bringing them to the playoffs, but became a key part of one of the worst Laker seasons ever.

I'm sure there are more, but it just feels players lose their shine upon joining us. At least for the past few seasons.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that players just lose their swag after joining the Lakers?

I remember Dame Jones was still pretty decent playing for the kings, had a number of highlight plays. But now he's unplayable.

Pat Bev was also quite good and was quite a decent shooter, but now he's a liability on offense.

Brook Lopez is a key piece to the Bucks' chip, but the Lakers never utilized him well.

Russ was the savior in Washington bringing them to the playoffs, but became a key part of one of the worst Laker seasons ever.

I'm sure there are more, but it just feels players lose their shine upon joining us. At least for the past few seasons.

Coaching. And although it is sacrilege, LeBron.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

How is this bozo not fired? Can’t believe the lakers had the audacity to hire a moron for 4 years. Mike Brown couldn’t last 0-4. This moron is 2-10 and is still coaching
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

mixtim wrote:

LOL

Imagine getting a nice extension in the process. Heck, if Jeanie rewards incompetency, then why be competent? I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie gave him another extension this offseason. "Good job, Pelinka. You've got us exactly where I wanted. Absolute bottom of the league. Here's another 5 year extension, bff!"
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

I'm sure the lack of spacing hurts Jones since he doesn't have good hands. His 8 games in 2020-21 were among the most valuable of his career.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
How is this bozo not fired? Can’t believe the lakers had the audacity to hire a moron for 4 years. Mike Brown couldn’t last 0-4. This moron is 2-10 and is still coaching

I would assume that Ham got assurances against this sort of overreaction. Otherwise, I don't know why he took the job. He had to know that the roster quality could never live up to the expectations of the fan base.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Probably the same reason they left Vogel hanging out there for so long. They need somebody to pin the blame on instead of directing their anger at the front office.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 73 of 277
Jump to: