Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Team worst -23 this game but at least he's smiling and having fun. Credit to him and Ham for finding his verve, but Westbrook producing more isn't going to equal the impact of three good rotation players.

That’s the real crux of it. It’s never been about Westbrook’s salary, as much as the assets we squandered to acquire him. It would have been better to keep them or trade them for someone else. But such is life – it’s a sunk cost.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

This is going to be a very long, long year. And we don't have our pick. Let's pray that the Pellicans do not get into the playoffs to at least get something valuable.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
This is going to be a very long, long year. And we don't have our pick. Let's pray that the Pellicans do not get into the playoffs to at least get something valuable.

Does it really matter though? Lakers are likely gonna start a rebuild after this season, Lakers can afford to have the Pelicans get our lottery picks because we are likely gonna blow it up after this season.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Does it really matter though? Lakers are likely gonna start a rebuild after this season, Lakers can afford to have the Pelicans get our lottery picks because we are likely gonna blow it up after this season.

Well, we still owe them another pick.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Lakers owe the Pelicans a pick swap this season... But the Pelicans get the Lakers pick outright either next season or in 2025 (Pelicans choice). So from the Lakers standpoint, it's disastrous if they stink the next two seasons and the Pelicans are a playoff team. Because they could potentially be giving the Pelicans two high lottery picks and all they'd have to show from those two seasons is the Pelicans pick this year.

On the flip side if the Lakers stink this year, but have a decent team next season the Pelicans could opt to allow the Lakers to keep their pick next year then take it in 2025, if they think the Lakers rebuild doesn't begin until then. After the 2024 or 2025 pick, the Lakers debt to the Pelicans is paid in full and they can begin a tank, if necessary.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Lakers owe the Pelicans a pick swap this season... But the Pelicans get the Lakers pick outright either next season or in 2025 (Pelicans choice). So from the Lakers standpoint, it's disastrous if they stink the next two seasons and the Pelicans are a playoff team. Because they could potentially be giving the Pelicans two high lottery picks and all they'd have to show from those two seasons is the Pelicans pick this year.

On the flip side if the Lakers stink this year, but have a decent team next season the Pelicans could opt to allow the Lakers to keep their pick next year then take it in 2025, if they think the Lakers rebuild doesn't begin until then. After the 2024 or 2025 pick, the Lakers debt to the Pelicans is paid in full and they can begin a tank, if necessary.

In short. we are bleeped. The only way we can start a true rebuild is to start by trading AD for some assets.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Guys, the lotto picks we're giving the Pels is the cost for championship 17th so let's not bring it up anymore. I could careless if they get our first overall picks in the next two years. Don't matter anymore. We've got our championship. It's like you've got a nice house and now you don't want to continue paying the mortgage. Doesn't work like that. What's done is done.

What's important is how WE build OUR FUTURE from here on out. If that would mean tanking the next two seasons, then so be it. We don't care about wins and losses the next two seasons. We just want to set ourselves up for success the seasons after that. That's what's important.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Our problem is that if we tank this year and the next, we will not get any benefit from it so that would require more tanking in the following years. A championship is a great prize but we payed high for it, by sucking 7 years before it and sucking the next 10 years maybe? Following the example of the house and the mortgage, the problem is that we burned the house after living in it 1 year.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Our problem is that if we tank this year and the next, we will not get any benefit from it so that would require more tanking in the following years. A championship is a great prize but we payed high for it, by sucking 7 years before it and sucking the next 10 years maybe? Following the example of the house and the mortgage, the problem is that we burned the house after living in it 1 year.

That's accurate, but this assumes that we're going to tank and rebuild through the draft. I don't think that we'll follow that path. I expect that we will ultimately clear cap space and go fishing for free agents. I'm not saying that this will work, but it's what I expect Jeanie and Pelinka to do. Lakers Exceptionalism, you know.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

What sucks is it doesn't even make sense to trade Russ' expiring and some 2nds, given he's played so well even in additional losses. If the goal now is to make an ugly product a little less hideous, does moving Russ alone even accomplish that?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
What sucks is it doesn't even make sense to trade Russ' expiring and some 2nds, given he's played so well even in additional losses. If the goal now is to make an ugly product a little less hideous, does moving Russ alone even accomplish that?

return is everything. However, if we trade him now we will be trading our best player which is ultimately the problem.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Let's just lose, it's ok.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

That's accurate, but this assumes that we're going to tank and rebuild through the draft. I don't think that we'll follow that path. I expect that we will ultimately clear cap space and go fishing for free agents. I'm not saying that this will work, but it's what I expect Jeanie and Pelinka to do. Lakers Exceptionalism, you know.

The best action by us fans is to not accept this product without outrage. Why fish for free agents when we have two already? I get that one is aging and the other is injury prone but there are moves that can be made to surround them with players that compliment their winning style. What ever free agents we get on the fish hook aren't likely to give us a better chance of competing for a title than now.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Russ is playing really well off the bench. No complaints from me about his on court play.

That being said, the allocation of 47m in cap space for him as a 6th man is one of the reasons why we have no depth. LBJ can’t be traded this season and I doubt they move AD.

So he can play well but it won’t matter bc we simply do not have enough NBA rotation level players.

Agree he can’t be traded but please include his salary into the category of being a ridiculous overpay that he won’t live up to.
At least Russ is an expiring

That’s not really my point. I’m pointing out what are things that can be done. LBJ trade is not one of them. And I agree he is not living up to his huge contract too.

Hey things are bad right now but I’m still not counting out Lebron as washed entirely quite yet.
He’s still chasing Kareem and with that said he might still go off and average 28-32 ppg the remaining of this season.

I wouldn’t say that is worth 50 milly a year if we don’t rack up some wins in the process but it’ll sure still sell tickets and make espn and tnt play some Lakers games on national telecast. An let’s be honest that’s enough for Jeanie to sit at her corner seat in her Prada smiling and clapping.

Either way you want to totally continue trashing Lebron and praising Russ as some savior Half-life, when at the end of the day Russ still hasn’t done jacksquat as a Laker when Lebron can point his finger to his 2020 Championship banner. Same song for AD. Unfortunately Russ returning to his OKC ways is still too late for us to “Honor the Gift”. It damn near took him 100 games to get his act together.

Honestly I’m happy that Russ is playing great right now and sure he’s an expiring but he’ll still be the one to go if anyone is leaving atm.

No one in praising anyone. Russ is overpaid, like I’ve said. His value is an expiring, like I’ve said, but he has accepted a role with zero push back and is playing like Russ. In regard to act together.
Bron has led us to 2 lotteries and a first round exit. Without a 4 month break in the middle of the season he has driven us off a cliff.

If Russ said “ the year wasn’t a failure “ like bron did last year he would have gassed. Now bron has 2 years at 50mil.

Everything Russ was killed for now applies to bron. That’s all. Consistency.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Possibly not in terms of this season, guess it depends on who you are getting. But the deals out there, while they may round out the Lakers roster and make them better, may not be good enough to overcome the hole they have dug themselves into.

It might still make sense if you are bringing back long term assets. Meaning if they don't plan on resigning Russ, but they can use him to get a player who they want who they would like to have moving forward then that might make sense. Perhaps a guy on a multi-year deal that another team wants out of so to clear up cap space, or something like that.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

This is looking like one of those bad nights

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Now I know what OKC fans felt.
Great plays mixed with moronic plays.
Can't stand these type of players.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Now I know what OKC fans felt.
Great plays mixed with moronic plays.
Can't stand these type of players.

Westbrook in a nutshell.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Asked about the basketball IQ of the team right now, Anthony Davis said the team has high and low moments. "For example like the end of the first half, they're going on a 6-0 run. Alright, we gotta slow down and get a quality look."

AD speaking truth about our Russell.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:17 am    Post subject:

Russ had some good moments tonight, he's shooting a lot better, and taking fewer mid-range shots. Hit a huge three near the end of the game.

The two plays that drove me nuts though were the foul at the end of the first half, and even moreso than that, was his complete frustration foul after not getting a call in the first quarter. When he fouled a guy 90 feet from the basket for no reason other than frustration... When the Kings were in the penalty.

He's got to be better than that. Yeah, maybe he isn't getting calls. But he's just giving away points there.

I know some people were complaining in the game thread about his shot late when AD was doubled. That one didn't bother me too much. The Kings weren't going to let AD beat him, and Russ felt he had to step up and make a play.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

(bleep) this man, seriously. We're 2-9 and this fool is staring at people and rocking the cradle.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
(bleep) this man, seriously. We're 2-9 and this fool is staring at people and rocking the cradle.

Thank god right? People need something to whine about.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I have to give him credit for accepting his new role and playing a lot better lately, he’s been nearly automatic from outside. But with how often he is getting stopped inside and with the Lakers being in last place, the Lakers should NOT be leading the league in taunting technicals
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I don't think the FO is clearing cap space to fish for a FA...I believe it's for escaping repeater tax...and I don't think they'll do anything this year to keep from being an embarrassment to the league and Laker history.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Let Russ cook… results 2/10
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 390, 391, 392 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 391 of 426
Jump to: