LAKERS -at- WARRIORS - 10-18-22 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
we should beat average and weak teams and hope to be competitive with others. I love these write up but there is no way you can be happy with Ad's effort.

He started strong then disappeared until the late 3rd when it became garbage time.

Nunn is the guy.

My comment was more his effort so far this season, which includes the preseason games we saw him in. When you take notes for a game and you are doing stretches of notes that are one after another with just a single player making multiple, consecutive impact plays, that's pretty impressive. He had a couple stretches like that last night. LeBron had one of those in the preseason. AD had another previously.

I don't think the defensive schemes play to his strength against a team like this and may look like he's standing a bit, but he's trying to get used to what they want there. But overall from the preseason games to this one, he's been giving some very strong stretches of impact ball. When his wind gets better, hopefully that carries out to longer minutes.

I absolutely love these and it is one game I just felt with his interviews leading up, the chatter and the spotlight would have unleashed a beast.

It just felt like the pattern we have come used to. I feel we will be much better later in the season than we are today and that is mostly because I feel Ham will develop a play hard or sit environment for the the young guys.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
joeblow wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
It's the same root issue as before, though. If you play a big in the middle and use AD as a wing/4, sure you have more paint protection, but you also lose the offense spacing and freedom with Westbrook/AD/Lebron.

The paint gets clogged up a lot more and there's just not a good enough motion and fast enough movement in the offense.

The irony is that the players they've put next to WB/Bron/AD with AD being a 5, are not exactly proven great floor spacers.

This game seemed to indicate the Warriors starting 5/core is levels above the Lakers top 5, which we probably already knew.

Well, I for one don't want WB on the team. While he's here, I especially don't want him on the court for major minutes at the same time as Lebron and AD, a point I've advocated since pre-season last year.

Also, the Lakers scored 109 points last night despite the lack of 3P% efficiency. When we won the championship we were bad at 3P% in the playoffs compared to the other teams, but the defense was outstanding (driven in part by our large size in the front court). I hope a trade in the very near future addresses our lack of large, defensive forwards.

At a total of 40, yesterday we took faaaaar too many treys... ten by Lebron alone! Just because the Warriors intentionally let you do it does not mean you shoukd.

We scored 109 because with a few minutes left in the 3rd it was officially garbage time. GSW is elite defensively and you saw Kerr’s face when he brought steph back in. We certainly need help with 3’s but this game had nothing to do with us.

i think Warriors were shooting 26% from the 3 until Curry and Wiggins got hot at the end. the game was already lost in the 3rd. obviously we are a new team, but there is a lot of things we need to figure out, not just the 3 point shooting.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
joeblow wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
It's the same root issue as before, though. If you play a big in the middle and use AD as a wing/4, sure you have more paint protection, but you also lose the offense spacing and freedom with Westbrook/AD/Lebron.

The paint gets clogged up a lot more and there's just not a good enough motion and fast enough movement in the offense.

The irony is that the players they've put next to WB/Bron/AD with AD being a 5, are not exactly proven great floor spacers.

This game seemed to indicate the Warriors starting 5/core is levels above the Lakers top 5, which we probably already knew.
Well, I for one don't want WB on the team. While he's here, I especially don't want him on the court for major minutes at the same time as Lebron and AD, a point I've advocated since pre-season last year.

Also, the Lakers scored 109 points last night despite the lack of 3P% efficiency. When we won the championship we were bad at 3P% in the playoffs compared to the other teams, but the defense was outstanding (driven in part by our large size in the front court). I hope a trade in the very near future addresses our lack of large, defensive forwards.

At a total of 40, yesterday we took faaaaar too many treys... ten by Lebron alone! Just because the Warriors intentionally let you do it does not mean you shoukd.
We scored 109 because with a few minutes left in the 3rd it was officially garbage time. GSW is elite defensively and you saw Kerr’s face when he brought steph back in. We certainly need help with 3’s but this game had nothing to do with us.

i think Warriors were shooting 26% from the 3 until Curry and Wiggins got hot at the end. the game was already lost in the 3rd. obviously we are a new team, but there is a lot of things we need to figure out, not just the 3 point shooting.
Maybe when Bryant is in the lineup, AD can move down to the "4" or vice versa since he has shown that he can potentially hit shots outside of the paint.

Isn't Nunn suppose to provide outside shooting?

Why is a bad 3pt shooting team taking so many 3pt shots? Who is the leader on the court. For extended periods of time, just 3pt shots were taken with one with excellent shooters and the other team shooting blanks - lol!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Why is a bad 3pt shooting team taking so many 3pt shots?

To some extent, because they have to. It's the "you're open for a reason" thing.

So... first step is not taking the ones we don't have to.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Tough start out of the gates, let's see if there's a flicker of life as this season starts rolling.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Why is a bad 3pt shooting team taking so many 3pt shots?
To some extent, because they have to. It's the "you're open for a reason" thing.

So... first step is not taking the ones we don't have to.
Hopefully players will embrace Ham's philosophies and learn how to impose their will on the oppoging team with great teamwork (ala Pop) to compensate the disparity in talent

Maybe Matt Ryan can be this year's J.J. Reddick, Duncan Robinson and/or Kyle Kover who are sharpshooters while working hard on D - plus they are about the same height from 6'4" to 6'7". How will Matt Ryan respond to the opportunities presented to him?

Maybe Gabriel can help being an energic wing and how will he responde to the opportunities presented to him?

That is why we play the games!!!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Based on my low expectations, Russ had a good game. Except for the bone-headed swipe of the inbounds pass and his normal turnovers. But hey, yeah, maybe my fantasies will come true and they all will buy in to everything Ham utters to them. Maybe Russ will work swell with Bron and AD. Maybe our shooters will shoot well. And, just like last year, maybe we can wait 15 or 20 games and then think about it some more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: