NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 471, 472, 473 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
All this Victor hype is making me think Pacers might try like hell to offload Myles and Buddy. Would be nice if they accepted Westbrook and a 2nd round pick for them…

Westbrook might win them more games than Hield and Turner.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Balto wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Woj
Quote:
One GM tells ESPN: “It feels like last night will start a race to the bottom like we've never seen."

Maybe this is Rob and he truly believes that this will happen. Maybe he thinks because so many teams will be tanking that getting into the playoffs, even the back end, with Russ and keeping those two picks will be much easier with teams tanking.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34733814/victor-wembanyama-agent-shoots-some-execs-idea-top-prospect-shut-nba-draft
Quote:
The NBA teams hoping to get lucky in the draft lottery on May 16 were also in the building. Los Angeles Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka was one of nearly 200 NBA representatives who had been issued credentials for the game, Ignite public relations director Mara Rudolph said.

Only explanation Pelinka was there

If that were Rob, he would have let the article attach his name so he could get credit for the idea, and it also would have mentioned how Kurt was very involved in helping come up with the statement.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BEazy wrote:
All this Victor hype is making me think Pacers might try like hell to offload Myles and Buddy. Would be nice if they accepted Westbrook and a 2nd round pick for them…

Westbrook might win them more games than Hield and Turner.

Think it’s a foregone conclusion he’s bought out if he’s traded there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
If I'm one of the the middle borderline young teams... I would tank and see if I can steal Victor away. I think Victor is worth it. Specially if you're roster is still fairly young. I think this one way to get one big improvement leap.

Teams like Nuggets/Timberwolves/Pels/Raptors/Cavs/Hawks are young enough that they can afford to throw away a season.

The Nuggets aren’t going to be tanking, they will be competing to win the west. As will the TWolves, you don’t trade those picks for Gobert and then tank.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Oh my.

Quote:
There was a physical altercation at the Warriors’ practice Wednesday morning that has the team seriously considering disciplinary action toward Draymond Green, sources with knowledge of the incident told The Athletic.

When a heated interaction with guard Jordan Poole escalated, Green forcefully struck Poole and needed to be separated swiftly, sources said. Green and Poole came chest-to-chest, with both players pushing and shoving each other prior to Green’s escalation of the physical altercation, those sources said.

hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Balto wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Woj
Quote:
One GM tells ESPN: “It feels like last night will start a race to the bottom like we've never seen."

Maybe this is Rob and he truly believes that this will happen. Maybe he thinks because so many teams will be tanking that getting into the playoffs, even the back end, with Russ and keeping those two picks will be much easier with teams tanking.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34733814/victor-wembanyama-agent-shoots-some-execs-idea-top-prospect-shut-nba-draft
Quote:
The NBA teams hoping to get lucky in the draft lottery on May 16 were also in the building. Los Angeles Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka was one of nearly 200 NBA representatives who had been issued credentials for the game, Ignite public relations director Mara Rudolph said.

Only explanation Pelinka was there

If that were Rob, he would have let the article attach his name so he could get credit for the idea, and it also would have mentioned how Kurt was very involved in helping come up with the statement.

Ill give Rob a ton of credit if he can capitalize on this.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Oh my.

Quote:
There was a physical altercation at the Warriors’ practice Wednesday morning that has the team seriously considering disciplinary action toward Draymond Green, sources with knowledge of the incident told The Athletic.

When a heated interaction with guard Jordan Poole escalated, Green forcefully struck Poole and needed to be separated swiftly, sources said. Green and Poole came chest-to-chest, with both players pushing and shoving each other prior to Green’s escalation of the physical altercation, those sources said.

Green is a dick. Plain and simple.
Don’t know who started it but he seems like someone who gets under guys skin.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

TheWarriorsTalk wrote:
Nov 11, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Oh my.

Quote:

Draymond up to this salary cap tactics again. Did the same to Durant
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Oh my.

Quote:

If Wiggins had gotten involved you could say winner gets a new contract
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

If we had trade ad for kd

And brick for turner and hield

PG.Nunn / Dennis
SG.Hield / Beverly
SF.Durant / Reeves
PF.LeBron / Tuscano
C.Turner / Gabriel

Thats a chip.

Imagine bron with all that spacing
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Oh my.

Quote:

Jordan Poole would be the one on the move. Klay doesn't care for him either.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
If we had trade ad for kd

And brick for turner and hield

PG.Nunn / Dennis
SG.Hield / Beverly
SF.Durant / Reeves
PF.LeBron / Tuscano
C.Turner / Gabriel

Thats a chip.

Imagine bron with all that spacing

Imagine the shooting practice defense without AD. I didn't know a great offense could win a championship. Brings back memories of MDA's Phoenix Suns.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Over the last two games for this Lakers team vs. Sacramento and Phoenix and it's the same issues as last year...

Over-Dribbling
No Ball Movement
Missed Free Throws
Poor Floor Spacing
No 3-Pt Shooting

Russ Looks to be more aggressive, but not sure that will make a difference.

I'm not sure the Lakers should pull the trigger, because the problem is that there is no offensive chemistry, coordination or discipline... The lack of ball-movement and over-dribbling is a clear sign the Lakers just don't get today's NBA and that it will be another missed playoffs or early exit.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
If I'm one of the the middle borderline young teams... I would tank and see if I can steal Victor away. I think Victor is worth it. Specially if you're roster is still fairly young. I think this one way to get one big improvement leap.

Teams like Nuggets/Timberwolves/Pels/Raptors/Cavs/Hawks are young enough that they can afford to throw away a season.

The Nuggets aren’t going to be tanking, they will be competing to win the west. As will the TWolves, you don’t trade those picks for Gobert and then tank.

Agree. This guys logic tells me he doesn’t know much about basketball. The Cavs? You mean the team that just traded for Spida? The Wolves who will likely have three all-stars in starting lineup and DeAngelo who was an all-star just a few seasons ago. Or the Nuggets who if healthy will be in conversation as one of the best teams in the NBA.

The logic of people on these boards sometimes is insanely confusing. It feels like they don’t actually know a single thing about the NBA other than being a Laker homer.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
The lack of ball-movement and over-dribbling is a clear sign the Lakers just don't get today's NBA and that it will be another missed playoffs or early exit.

I guess I saw the first two preseason games a lot differently. They led by double digits in the first half in both games and took leads into the half. Only to have the bench and camp fodder lose the games in the second half.

I'd definitely be happy to see a trade. But I think they've looked better than expected the last couple games, at least when the starters and rotation guys were playing.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
The lack of ball-movement and over-dribbling is a clear sign the Lakers just don't get today's NBA and that it will be another missed playoffs or early exit.

I guess I saw the first two preseason games a lot differently. They led by double digits in the first half in both games and took leads into the half. Only to have the bench and camp fodder lose the games in the second half.

I'd definitely be happy to see a trade. But I think they've looked better than expected the last couple games, at least when the starters and rotation guys were playing.

I saw it like you.
Better spacing, better defense, better pace.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Agree. This guys logic tells me he doesn’t know much about basketball. The Cavs? You mean the team that just traded for Spida? The Wolves who will likely have three all-stars in starting lineup and DeAngelo who was an all-star just a few seasons ago. Or the Nuggets who if healthy will be in conversation as one of the best teams in the NBA.

The logic of people on these boards sometimes is insanely confusing. It feels like they don’t actually know a single thing about the NBA other than being a Laker homer.

I was suggesting something out of the grain... Those teams I mentioned been pretty much stayed middle of the pack teams for how many years now. There's a reason they stayed there and can never get over that hump. Unless they make a move for a major player... Learn from teams like POR and Jazz. Those teams just wasted years trying to make the playoffs.

I just think Victor has one in a generation talent potential... He is worth tanking for. I get competing but I don't see any of those teams winning the title this year.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I’m all for trading AD for the right deal, pretty obvious he’s gonna end up having nagging injuries all season long better to sell high now before he ends up in street clothes while not helping the team build chemistry.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m all for trading AD for the right deal, pretty obvious he’s gonna end up having nagging injuries all season long better to sell high now before he ends up in street clothes while not helping the team build chemistry.

Ok, I’ll play. What’s the right deal in your mind?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I was suggesting something out of the grain... Those teams I mentioned been pretty much stayed middle of the pack teams for how many years now. There's a reason they stayed there and can never get over that hump. Unless they make a move for a major player... Learn from teams like POR and Jazz. Those teams just wasted years trying to make the playoffs.

I just think Victor has one in a generation talent potential... He is worth tanking for. I get competing but I don't see any of those teams winning the title this year.

You do know that NBA players aren't going to play poorly and lose on purpose, right? To tank, teams have to put an inferior group of players on the court who lose even though they are trying to win.

How precisely do you think a team like the Timberwolves can tank? Are they going to convince Edwards and Anthony Towns to sit out the year?

Ditto for the Nuggets. They won 48 games last year and have the league MVP. How do you think the coach is going to turn them into a 20-win team?

The Cavs have three all-stars. How the heck are they going to tank?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

You do know that NBA players aren't going to play poorly and lose on purpose, right? To tank, teams have to put an inferior group of players on the court who lose even though they are trying to win.

How precisely do you think a team like the Timberwolves can tank? Are they going to convince Edwards and Anthony Towns to sit out the year?

Ditto for the Nuggets. They won 48 games last year and have the league MVP. How do you think the coach is going to turn them into a 20-win team?

Yea it would be something out of the ordinary. Something that would probably would go against the sportsmanship of the game but I guess it would still be difficult, because tanking does not guarantee you the #1 pick even if you have the worst record.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:02 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Any player is tradable 'for the right deal'. Question is what does it mean?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:36 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yea it would be something out of the ordinary. Something that would probably would go against the sportsmanship of the game but I guess it would still be difficult, because tanking does not guarantee you the #1 pick even if you have the worst record.

There's a reason why it's "out of the ordinary".. Half of the players on those teams would be demanding a trade in the best case scenario and likely would have it all leaked to the media making that team the laughing stock of the NBA and be investigated. I can guarantee the Nuggets especially feel like they have a very legitimate chance to win it all.. Do I think they will? Absolutely not but that's some monumental type of loser energy no legitimate player is going to be cool just openly punting a year of there already limited playing days to have a "chance" at the top pick in the draft. It's all good to think outside of the box sometimes but that's just (bleep) crazy.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Also, don't sleep on the Nuggets. They get Murray and Porter back and they added KCP and Brown. Nobody is talking about them, but I think they are a real contender in the West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 471, 472, 473 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 472 of 2545
Jump to: