🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.

He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.

He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.

Ryan Tannehill is a puzzle. Sometimes he looks like an good professional QB others like a high schooler. You just don't know what to expect from him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ryan Tannehill is a puzzle. Sometimes he looks like an good professional QB others like a high schooler. You just don't know what to expect from him.

It's a lot deeper than Tannehill. I think their record and #1 seed last year was a bit of a mirage, first off. But if you look at them now, there's no more AJ Brown, who is one of the 5 or 6 best receivers in football when healthy, and he commanded a lot of defensive attention. The defense lost Harold Landry, so the defensive line isn't as good against both the run and the pass, and losing his edge rushing presence makes an already suspect pass defense all the more vulnerable. And then the big thing for me is the offensive line. It's deteriorated over the past couple of seasons for sure. LT Taylor Lewan is a shell of what he once was and can't stay on the field, they lost Saffold in free agency, etc. They are lucky that the division looks terrible this year so they may still have a shot to win it if they can stay around .500, but I don't have a good vibe about their team this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's a lot deeper than Tannehill. I think their record and #1 seed last year was a bit of a mirage, first off. But if you look at them now, there's no more AJ Brown, who is one of the 5 or 6 best receivers in football when healthy, and he commanded a lot of defensive attention. The defense lost Harold Landry, so the defensive line isn't as good against both the run and the pass, and losing his edge rushing presence makes an already suspect pass defense all the more vulnerable. And then the big thing for me is the offensive line. It's deteriorated over the past couple of seasons for sure. LT Taylor Lewan is a shell of what he once was and can't stay on the field, they lost Saffold in free agency, etc. They are lucky that the division looks terrible this year so they may still have a shot to win it if they can stay around .500, but I don't have a good vibe about their team this season.

I agree with what you say, the team is a train wreck. I'm saying Ryan is a puzzle. Sometimes he throws darts others wobbling ducks. I don't know what to expect from him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

My guide says Steeler and Brown on NFL Network but the Ravens-Miami game is playing. Where is the game being shown?

Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My guide says Steeler and Brown on NFL Network but the Ravens-Miami game is playing. Where is the game being shown?

Prime
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Prime

Thanks. I just found the game. I'll get to watch the 4th quarter.
'

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

The Steelers with some of the least imaginative play calling I have seen in awhile. Run the ball up the middle, pass across the middle, pass down the sideline, punt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed Miai Chaka officiating the game. 1st Black NFL woman official. Will all TNF be on PRIME?

Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just noticed Miai Chaka officiating the game. 1st Black NFL woman official. Will all TNF be on PRIME?
I sure hope so as the quality has been great so far. I think they may have the best collective of commentators
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

Raiders are a bad team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

How long shall we wait for Josh McDaniels to get fired?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Raiders tease their fans with a comeback, only to fall short with a failed 2 point conversion.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Packers leading Bucs 14 3 first half

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the AFC West is quite terrible looking at the early results. Broncos can't find an offense. Chargers got destroyed by Jags at home. Raiders still winless.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Ugly game, Broncos get the W because the 49ers can't be counted on to win the game when its under 2 mins and have to rely on Jimmy G.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
Tua said it was a back injury. Watching him suddenly collapse and have to be held up by his teammates I don't believe it was his back.

Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

This is puzzling. I'm going with a concussion investigation is warranted.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

Michael Irving clowned SAS this morning. He was jumping up and down, dancing in his seat. Playmaker was sweating so profusely that the staff had to bring him a towel. I've never seen SAS so subdued.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Tua said it was a back injury. Watching him suddenly collapse and have to be held up by his teammates I don't believe it was his back.

Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

Yeah, the back injury claim was clearly a cover story for letting him back in the game. He clearly slammed the back of his head on the turf and then wobbled around with his head flopping around, just like someone who just got his bell rung.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, the back injury claim was clearly a cover story for letting him back in the game. He clearly slammed the back of his head on the turf and then wobbled around with his head flopping around, just like someone who just got his bell rung.

This looks like a concussion to me

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Dolphins are sticking with their back injury story. Tua is slated to start tonight against the Bengals.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Good opening drive for the Bengals. 7 0 Cincy. If the Bengals can keep Burrow upright they might win this game.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I like the Bengals alternate uniforms and helmets, Silver Tigers

Last edited by LakerLanny on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Tua looks to be ok. Open drive pass drooped in the end zone. had to settle for 3. 7 . Cincy. The concussion investigation is still ongoing.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 168 of 335
Jump to: