🏈NFL REGULAR SEASON THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169, 170  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27474
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.


He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.


He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.


Ryan Tannehill is a puzzle. Sometimes he looks like an good professional QB others like a high schooler. You just don't know what to expect from him.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 27474
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.


He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.


Ryan Tannehill is a puzzle. Sometimes he looks like an good professional QB others like a high schooler. You just don't know what to expect from him.


It's a lot deeper than Tannehill. I think their record and #1 seed last year was a bit of a mirage, first off. But if you look at them now, there's no more AJ Brown, who is one of the 5 or 6 best receivers in football when healthy, and he commanded a lot of defensive attention. The defense lost Harold Landry, so the defensive line isn't as good against both the run and the pass, and losing his edge rushing presence makes an already suspect pass defense all the more vulnerable. And then the big thing for me is the offensive line. It's deteriorated over the past couple of seasons for sure. LT Taylor Lewan is a shell of what he once was and can't stay on the field, they lost Saffold in free agency, etc. They are lucky that the division looks terrible this year so they may still have a shot to win it if they can stay around .500, but I don't have a good vibe about their team this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jaylen Hurts may be the Eagles QB of the future. He's passed for 1 TD and rushed for 2.


He looked great, and in total command of the offense. Meanwhile, the Titans look as awful as the Bills look great.


Ryan Tannehill is a puzzle. Sometimes he looks like an good professional QB others like a high schooler. You just don't know what to expect from him.


It's a lot deeper than Tannehill. I think their record and #1 seed last year was a bit of a mirage, first off. But if you look at them now, there's no more AJ Brown, who is one of the 5 or 6 best receivers in football when healthy, and he commanded a lot of defensive attention. The defense lost Harold Landry, so the defensive line isn't as good against both the run and the pass, and losing his edge rushing presence makes an already suspect pass defense all the more vulnerable. And then the big thing for me is the offensive line. It's deteriorated over the past couple of seasons for sure. LT Taylor Lewan is a shell of what he once was and can't stay on the field, they lost Saffold in free agency, etc. They are lucky that the division looks terrible this year so they may still have a shot to win it if they can stay around .500, but I don't have a good vibe about their team this season.


I agree with what you say, the team is a train wreck. I'm saying Ryan is a puzzle. Sometimes he throws darts others wobbling ducks. I don't know what to expect from him.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

My guide says Steeler and Brown on NFL Network but the Ravens-Miami game is playing. Where is the game being shown?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alpha
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 24859
Location: hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My guide says Steeler and Brown on NFL Network but the Ravens-Miami game is playing. Where is the game being shown?

Prime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
jodeke wrote:
My guide says Steeler and Brown on NFL Network but the Ravens-Miami game is playing. Where is the game being shown?

Prime


Thanks. I just found the game. I'll get to watch the 4th quarter.
'
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141636
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

The Steelers with some of the least imaginative play calling I have seen in awhile. Run the ball up the middle, pass across the middle, pass down the sideline, punt.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed Miai Chaka officiating the game. 1st Black NFL woman official. Will all TNF be on PRIME?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 285

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just noticed Miai Chaka officiating the game. 1st Black NFL woman official. Will all TNF be on PRIME?
I sure hope so as the quality has been great so far. I think they may have the best collective of commentators
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 36540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

Raiders are a bad team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 36540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

How long shall we wait for Josh McDaniels to get fired?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 36540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Raiders tease their fans with a comeback, only to fall short with a failed 2 point conversion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Packers leading Bucs 14 3 first half
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 36540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the AFC West is quite terrible looking at the early results. Broncos can't find an offense. Chargers got destroyed by Jags at home. Raiders still winless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50731
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 36540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Ugly game, Broncos get the W because the 49ers can't be counted on to win the game when its under 2 mins and have to rely on Jimmy G.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
Tua said it was a back injury. Watching him suddenly collapse and have to be held up by his teammates I don't believe it was his back.

Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

This is puzzling. I'm going with a concussion investigation is warranted.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

Michael Irving clowned SAS this morning. He was jumping up and down, dancing in his seat. Playmaker was sweating so profusely that the staff had to bring him a towel. I've never seen SAS so subdued.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50731
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
Tua said it was a back injury. Watching him suddenly collapse and have to be held up by his teammates I don't believe it was his back.

Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

This is puzzling. I'm going with a concussion investigation is warranted.


Yeah, the back injury claim was clearly a cover story for letting him back in the game. He clearly slammed the back of his head on the turf and then wobbled around with his head flopping around, just like someone who just got his bell rung.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the NFL helps Miami coverup their horribly negligent decision to allow Tua's return to the game today or if they actually give a (bleep) about their concussion protocols.
Tua said it was a back injury. Watching him suddenly collapse and have to be held up by his teammates I don't believe it was his back.

Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

This is puzzling. I'm going with a concussion investigation is warranted.


Yeah, the back injury claim was clearly a cover story for letting him back in the game. He clearly slammed the back of his head on the turf and then wobbled around with his head flopping around, just like someone who just got his bell rung.


This looks like a concussion to me
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Dolphins are sticking with their back injury story. Tua is slated to start tonight against the Bengals.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Good opening drive for the Bengals. 7 0 Cincy. If the Bengals can keep Burrow upright they might win this game.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 46467

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I like the Bengals alternate uniforms and helmets, Silver Tigers
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny


Last edited by LakerLanny on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60919
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Tua looks to be ok. Open drive pass drooped in the end zone. had to settle for 3. 7 . Cincy. The concussion investigation is still ongoing.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169, 170  Next
Page 168 of 170
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB