Rapper PnB Rock shot, killed at restaurant in LA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject: Rapper PnB Rock shot, killed at restaurant in LA

I don't know who this rapper is but it's all over the news right now.

Quote:
Police said Rapper PnB Rock was fatally shot Monday during a robbery at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in South Los Angeles.

Video:

From the way they described it, he was eating at a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in LA, some robbers came in brandishing guns. One suspect approached him for his property. He probably refused/resisted (myguess) and the suspect shot him dead multiple times. Afterwards he took his property and left in a getaway car.

If this is what happened (him losing his life by refusing to give up his property), it's just not worth it.

Quote:
During the incident, at least one suspect approached the victim and a female witness inside the restaurant while they were eating and demanded “property,” Muniz said. She was unable to say what type of property the suspect demanded.

After a verbal exchange, the suspect shot the victim multiple times and fled in a getaway car in an unknown direction, according to Muniz.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/entertainment/pnb-rock-rapper-shot-los-angeles/index.html
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject:

One reddit comment I found interesting. Says that he had on expensive jewelry and posted his exact location. So maybe they came in there looking for him?

Quote:
As a South Central Los Angeles native, let me tell you that Manchester & Main (the intersection where he got shot) over on the Eastside is dangerous as (bleep).

I personally grew up on the westside in the Crenshaw District but everybody from LA knows that the Eastside is LA gangbanging at its peak. The Eastside is where most robberies happen in LA, and secondly, he walked into the restaurant with five chains on while his girlfriend posted their location while they were still there.

Not trying to sound insensitive but at some point you have to hold some people accountable for not taking responsibility for their own actions. Her for being reckless with their safety because as the girlfriend of a celebrity she should know better not to post locations.

Look what happened to Pop Smoke? Look what almost happened to Da Baby (and people had the nerve to get mad at him for beating up his homie for posting their location when he had every right to be furious) and him for being on some macho (bleep), walking through a hood with no security and high class jewelry on eating at a dusty ass restaurant at that when he should’ve been in Hollywood somewhere.

I personally never heard him say that he got tried in LA but I’m a look that up.

Also, literally nobody from LA eats at the Roscoes off of Main & Manchester. They literally got shut down a few years ago for rodent infestation. All the tourists usually eat at the ones in either Hollywood or Downtown Long Beach. Inglewood over by the airport is somewhat safe, but for damn sure not the one in South Central on the Eastside.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
One reddit comment I found interesting. Says that he had on expensive jewelry and posted his exact location. So maybe they came in there looking for him?

Quote:
As a South Central Los Angeles native, let me tell you that Manchester & Main (the intersection where he got shot) over on the Eastside is dangerous as (bleep).

I personally grew up on the westside in the Crenshaw District but everybody from LA knows that the Eastside is LA gangbanging at its peak. The Eastside is where most robberies happen in LA, and secondly, he walked into the restaurant with five chains on while his girlfriend posted their location while they were still there.

Not trying to sound insensitive but at some point you have to hold some people accountable for not taking responsibility for their own actions. Her for being reckless with their safety because as the girlfriend of a celebrity she should know better not to post locations.

Look what happened to Pop Smoke? Look what almost happened to Da Baby (and people had the nerve to get mad at him for beating up his homie for posting their location when he had every right to be furious) and him for being on some macho (bleep), walking through a hood with no security and high class jewelry on eating at a dusty ass restaurant at that when he should’ve been in Hollywood somewhere.

I personally never heard him say that he got tried in LA but I’m a look that up.

Also, literally nobody from LA eats at the Roscoes off of Main & Manchester. They literally got shut down a few years ago for rodent infestation. All the tourists usually eat at the ones in either Hollywood or Downtown Long Beach. Inglewood over by the airport is somewhat safe, but for damn sure not the one in South Central on the Eastside.

This person said it best.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

^ yup same thing with Eliza Fletcher

We might have the right to do dangerous things. It might not be wise.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. People shouldn't do certain things even though they have the right. It's just the way the society is. It's dangerous out there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Flossing in the hood is not smart.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

People in the hood are spreading out to the nicer parts of town to rob people. A rapper who made it going back to the hood and wearing gold chains showing off is not likely going to go well for them.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

For those who are not familiar, this looks like his biggest hit:

PnB Rock - Selfish:

Quote:
Rock, who gained national fame in 2015, is best known for his single “Selfish” that reached No. 51 on the Billboard Hot 100.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

GF killed her own meal ticket AT the meal itself.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Surprised people still tag their current locations on social media. It is well known that makes them incredibly vulnerable if they are rich, and probably even more so since they were in a bad part of town.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Surprised people still tag their current locations on social media. It is well known that makes them incredibly vulnerable if they are rich, and probably even more so since they were in a bad part of town.

That decision smacks of innocence, doesn't it? Innocent to do that in the hood for a guy wearing 5 chains and carrying a wad (saw a rapper pull over body cam vid and the guy had 15K in cash in his car, that's not out of the norm for rap stars). Then the other thing is the habit of putting your life online to the extent that the young crowd does because they don't expect bad stuff to happen as a result. They've grown used to a practice that makes their parents and older friends/fam cringe. A reverse condition of naive elderly folk who give out that kind of info (and worse). Parents have to tell their parents DONNNNN'T give your SS# out over the phone!!!1, etc.

The gurl didn't expect or foresee that happening, of course, but in hindsight I'm sure it's vexing her right now. How could I be so stupid, etc? Also, rap stars need to start learning from past ones' mistakes in this arena. That goes for pro athletes as well. There have been robberies to them. Sedale got robbed at a gas station at night (and Dre robbed him from his woman). Jerry West got robbed at The Forum once. But rappers know better than anyone else how dangerous going back to the hood/clubs/restaurants can be even if they grew up there. When they become rich, why on earth would they suddenly forget that? If you go to Roscoe's on a whim, definitely don't rub all of your gold in the faces of the poor people. In some cases, that location post might not even be necessary if there's a guy with a gun who sees a rapper as an easy come up.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

^ I don't know much about social media. Are all photos location-tagged? Or do you have to actively location-tag it?

Quote:
Instagram post of rapper PnB Rock at Roscoe’s may have led to killing, LAPD chief says

The gunman who killed PnB Rock at the Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles restaurant in South Los Angeles demanded jewelry and other valuables before getting into a struggle with the rapper and opening fire, Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore said Tuesday.

Moore said the Monday attack occurred soon after the rapper was tagged online as being at the restaurant, and police are investigating whether that is what prompted the attack.

Rock, 30, whose real name was Rakim Allen, had been at the restaurant with his girlfriend, who had posted a location-tagged photo in a since-deleted Instagram post.

He “was with his family — with his girlfriend or some kind of friend of his — and as they’re there, enjoying a simple meal, [he] was brutally attacked by an individual who apparently [came] to the location after a social media posting,” Moore said.

Police Capt. Kelly Muniz said a suspect brandished a firearm in the restaurant and demanded items from the victim. Sources told The Times that Rock was targeted for his jewelry.

Rock was shot almost immediately by the assailant during the robbery, Muniz said.

“He shot the victim and ran out the side door to a getaway car and then fled the parking lot,” she said.

Muniz said the victim was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead at 1:59 p.m.

According to a law enforcement source, Los Angeles Police Department investigators are examining security video from inside the restaurant to identify the shooter. They also are checking surrounding businesses to see whether security systems captured any images of the assailant leaving on foot or in a vehicle.

Investigators were processing evidence Monday night, Muniz said. She declined to comment on what was recovered.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-09-12/rapper-pnb-rock-shot-at-l-a-restaurant

Quote:
Rock’s death comes as authorities say they are up against a rising trend of “follow home” robberies and other violent incidents.

In February 2020, Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke, whose real name was Bashar Barakah Jackson, was killed during a home invasion in the Hollywood Hills.

Authorities believe social media posts, including one of a black gift bag tagged with his address, led the assailants to his location.

Quote:
Rock spoke about prior robbery attempts in Los Angeles during a Sept. 2 episode of the podcast “Off the Record with DJ Akademiks.”

The rapper said he was out with his girlfriend and daughter on Fairfax Avenue “mid-pandemic” when people tried to rob him.

“Where I’m from, we like sneaky criminals,” Rock said. “In L.A. … they bold.”

Rock and the host spoke about how robberies targeting rappers seemed to be becoming more common.

“I never got robbed, ever in my life,” Rock said. “I ain’t gonna say never because I don’t like saying never. I’m not superstitious, but I haven’t been robbed.”

“That’s why I feel like L.A.’s spooky, man,” Akademiks said. “It’s just so bold. I’m seeing mad videos, like they don’t even do it at night. Like night maybe, but broad daylight, that’s when they really do it.”

Rock said that after his oldest brother was killed, he changed — becoming more on edge and conscious of how suddenly a situation could turn deadly.

“It’s just been something in me that just let me know, like this s— real life,” Rock said. “I done seen people die. I done been around people that died…. Anybody can die.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: