Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Football Discussion

I know a lot of us got drafts coming up soon. I made this thread to offer advice and ask any quesrions anyone may have.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I look forward to coming in here weekly and crying about my .5 point defeats and shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I have drafts coming up Sunday, next Thursday, and then the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. It's that time of year!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

If anyone is interested in a massive survivor pool please PM me or let me know and I'll share with you details.

Pot is huge, winner gets $100k. Entry is only $20. Also you get access to 3 other pools (Pick'em, Second Chance Pool and Playoff Pool) so 4 in all.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject:

Josh Allen now the highest rated QB in most formats.

Jonathan Taylor the #1 overall pick in most mocks, he carried my team single handedly last season.

My draft is on the 30th, I am in a 10 team Non-PPR league. As usual, the "random draft order" left me with one of the worst slots as I am picking 8th but I shall overcome!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Just got back from my big money draft. I only have this one going on so far, but usually like to have at least 2 or 3 in a season.

10 team league - PPR - I drafted 2nd overall.
QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE / 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE) / Kicker / Defense

QB: Dak Prescott(10)
RB: Dalvin Cook(1) / D'andre Swift(2) / Dameon Pierce(7) / Melvin Gordon(9)
WR: Michael Pittman(3) / Diontae Johnson(4) / DJ Moore(5) / Brandin Cooks(6) / Allen Lazard(8) / Christian Kirk(11) / Kadarius Toney(12)
TE: David Njoku(13) / Cole Kmet(16)
Kicker: Matt Gay(15)
Defense: New England(14)

I wanted Russell Wilson at QB but he got drafted 1 spot ahead of my pick. Guy that picked him already had a QB in his lineup so I was heated.
Overall I think I am only worried bout TE and slightly at QB. I'm also afraid I may leave too many points on the bench week after week. Seems like it always happens.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

^
Cook at #2 overall was really aggressive, but I do love the Minnesota offense this year. Pierce in the 7th, Lazard in the 8th, Kirk in the 11th (!!), and Toney in the 12th is like stealing. Toney may be an injury washout but he has the most potential of any of the NYG WR's so that was like a free lottery ticket WR7 for you, and he should be going as a WR4-5 at worst. Kirk will be the Jags' top WR so getting him as a WR6 was great. Lazard is someone I'm quite high on because I simply believe that he's by far the most likely guy to be Rodgers' go-to WR, and when was the last time that Rodgers didn't support at least a WR2 in fantasy? Your first 4 WR are all going to be solid, heavily-targeted guys, although you may not have plucked a true alpha WR. I don't mind waiting at TE if you aren't going to spend an early pick, and we know Brissett likes the TE (or Jimmy G, if they end up getting him), and Kmet is probably the second-choice Bears pass catcher, and given that Kmet scored 0 TD last year, you'll get some positive regression there.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Cook at #2 overall was really aggressive, but I do love the Minnesota offense this year. Pierce in the 7th, Lazard in the 8th, Kirk in the 11th (!!), and Toney in the 12th is like stealing. Toney may be an injury washout but he has the most potential of any of the NYG WR's so that was like a free lottery ticket WR7 for you, and he should be going as a WR4-5 at worst. Kirk will be the Jags' top WR so getting him as a WR6 was great. Lazard is someone I'm quite high on because I simply believe that he's by far the most likely guy to be Rodgers' go-to WR, and when was the last time that Rodgers didn't support at least a WR2 in fantasy? Your first 4 WR are all going to be solid, heavily-targeted guys, although you may not have plucked a true alpha WR. I don't mind waiting at TE if you aren't going to spend an early pick, and we know Brissett likes the TE (or Jimmy G, if they end up getting him), and Kmet is probably the second-choice Bears pass catcher, and given that Kmet scored 0 TD last year, you'll get some positive regression there.

Thanks for the feedback.
I may look to trade a WR or 2 if I am lacking in other areas.
Took Cook at 2 because I also think the Vikings offense is going to do well and Taylor was off the board and I had Henry last year and don't like Ekeler this year. I felt WR was going to be available down the line and I got a ton of teams WR1s. So I'm liking it so far. A lot of servicable QB still out there for me as well in case I need 'em.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's teams.

If anyone is doing a draft and needs an extra person, I'm game.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm in a keeper league. I can keep Mark Andrews for a 6th round pick or Elijah Mitchell for a 10th. 0.5 PPR. Thoughts?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Thanks for the feedback.
Took Cook at 2 because I also think the Vikings offense is going to do well and Taylor was off the board and I had Henry last year and don't like Ekeler this year. I felt WR was going to be available down the line and I got a ton of teams WR1s. So I'm liking it so far. A lot of servicable QB still out there for me as well in case I need 'em.

So I had the #2 pick also in my first draft tonight, but this was a 10-team league. I decided to go with Kupp. I was between he and Justin Jefferson. Had I gone with a RB it probably would've been Ekeler. I got Mixon at the back of the 2nd Round. This is what I ended up with:

QB Stafford, Dak
RB Mixon, Etienne, Dillon, Penny, Mattison
WR Kupp, Tyreek, Diontae Johnson, Lazard, Michael Thomas, London, Julio Jones
TE Pitts
K McManus
DEF Denver
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Thanks for the feedback.

So I had the #2 pick also in my first draft tonight, but this was a 10-team league. I decided to go with Kupp. I was between he and Justin Jefferson. Had I gone with a RB it probably would've been Ekeler. I got Mixon at the back of the 2nd Round. This is what I ended up with:

QB Stafford, Dak
TE Pitts
K McManus
DEF Denver

Not mad at that. The Stafford/Kupp combo could be epic. As a Rams fan, it's hard for me to draft any Rams because it takes away my enjoyment of watching the game for some reason. Your WRs could all be viable starters. I like Etienne and Dillon as well, AJ may outperform Aaron Jones this season. Nice squad.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Thanks for the feedback.

QB Stafford, Dak
TE Pitts
K McManus
DEF Denver

Not mad at that. The Stafford/Kupp combo could be epic. As a Rams fan, it's hard for me to draft any Rams because it takes away my enjoyment of watching the game for some reason. Your WRs could all be viable starters. I like Etienne and Dillon as well, AJ may outperform Aaron Jones this season. Nice squad.

I wasn't thinking necessarily of getting Stafford, and I was queued up to take Hurts at #62 overall (I love him this year). A guy took him at #61. So I decided to eschew QB there and I ended up grabbing Stafford later. Then Dak was still available in something like the 12th Round, so I felt like grabbing some QB insurance.

You only have to start 2 RB (but can start up to 3) and you can start as many as 5 WR, so I thought WR depth was more important, having more startable WR. In Week 1 I'll probably go with 3 RB though and start Etienne and Dillon, and give Michael Thomas a wait-and-see approach.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Thanks for the feedback.

QB Stafford, Dak
TE Pitts
K McManus
DEF Denver

I like your team ChickenStu, but obviously in Fantasy it is always a work in process as you adjust your roster during the season. I could see your RBs changing for instance depending on health/performance but I love your WRs .
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

Someone dropped Kadarius Toney after the draft so I decided to waive Julio for him. Felt Toney was a more high-upside late WR stash. He should be the Giants' WR1 when he's on the field.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I had my draft last night in my big money (for me) league picking 8th in a 10 Team Non-PPR League so I had Pick 8, then Pick 13 etc.

Here are my picks by round, we play 1 secondary, 1 linebacker and 1 d lineman in our league. I did not actually draft a D Lineman but will pick one up this week before the 1st game waiving Tua T.

Let me know what you think:

1 - Dalvin Cook - RB1 (8th pick)
2 - Deebo Samuel - WR1
3 - David Montgomery - RB2
4 - Tyreek Hill - WR2
5 - Kyler Murray - QB1
6 - Josh Dobbins - Bench RB/Flex
7 - Devin Singletary - Bench RB/Flex
8 - Marquis Brown - Bench WR/Flex
9 - Dawson Knox - TE1
10 - Amare St. Brown - Bench WR/Flex
11 - New England Patriots - DEF1
12 - Foye Olokwun - LB1
13 - Amari Cooper - Bench WR/Flex
14 - Kenny Moore II - SEC1
15 - Tyler Bass - KICKER1
16 - Tua Tagovailoa - To be waived for DL Danielle Hunter - DL1
17 - Cole Kmet - Bench TE/Flex
18 - Chris Olave - Bench WR/Flex
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I had my draft last night in my big money (for me) league picking 8th in a 10 Team Non-PPR League so I had Pick 8, then Pick 13 etc.

Here are my picks by round, we play 1 secondary, 1 linebacker and 1 d lineman in our league. I did not actually draft a D Lineman but will pick one up this week before the 1st game waiving Tua T.

Let me know what you think:

1 - Dalvin Cook - RB1 (8th pick)
2 - Deebo Samuel - WR1
3 - David Montgomery - RB2
4 - Tyreek Hill - WR2
5 - Kyler Murray - QB1
6 - Josh Dobbins - Bench RB/Flex
7 - Devin Singletary - Bench RB/Flex
8 - Marquis Brown - Bench WR/Flex
9 - Dawson Knox - TE1
10 - Amare St. Brown - Bench WR/Flex
11 - New England Patriots - DEF1
12 - Foye Olokwun - LB1
13 - Amari Cooper - Bench WR/Flex
14 - Kenny Moore II - SEC1
15 - Tyler Bass - KICKER1
16 - Tua Tagovailoa - To be waived for DL Danielle Hunter - DL1
17 - Cole Kmet - Bench TE/Flex
18 - Chris Olave - Bench WR/Flex

Solid. I'm high on Cook as I picked him with my second overall pick in my draft earlier this past weekend. So getting him at 8 is a steal imo. I think Deebo should get plenty of touches as well just depends on how he and Lance mesh in the offense. Same with Tyreek in the new offense. St. Brown and Knox should get steady work also. I'm a little worried about Montgomery though. But overall, not bad.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

So I will be in a total of 3 leagues this year.
I have a smaller $$ one coming up on Friday.
My big $$$ one was last Saturday.
Just completed a 10 team draft for the hell of it at work for $5 a person.

I got the 2nd pick again and went a little different.

QB: Russ Wilson
RB: Ekeler / Chubb / Etienne / Edwards-Helaire / Jamaal Williams
WR: Pittman / McLaurin / Cooks / Lazard / Kirk
TE: Kmet / Njoku
K: Gay
Def: New England
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

A non-PPR league, LL? What is this, 2000? Seriously though, that seems OK to me, as it's all about yards and TD's in a scoring setting like that.

I will be in 3 leagues too. Tomorrow night is the biggest league I'm in, live in-person auction draft. The auction is always unpredictable. Then on Saturday is my "family" league, 12 teams, also in-person but just a snake draft. We hold a party every year complete with a projector outside with the ESPN page showing and all the picks being inputted. They give way too long between picks so it takes forever, but most people are drinking and having fun so it just turns into an all-night thing.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
A non-PPR league, LL? What is this, 2000? Seriously though, that seems OK to me, as it's all about yards and TD's in a scoring setting like that.

Thanks CS and Platinum, good luck this season!

Our League Commissioner (my buddy Griff) refuses to move off the non-PPR Format, we ride him relentlessly about it. He is worse than Roger Goddell.

We do our league through nfl.com which is a pretty buggy app but again our commissioner refuses to change.

What app do you guys use in most of your leagues? Ideally we would find one that is customizable as far as the league setting and such.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Thanks CS and Platinum, good luck this season!

Our League Commissioner (my buddy Griff) refuses to move off the non-PPR Format, we ride him relentlessly about it. He is worse than Roger Goddell.

We do our league through nfl.com which is a pretty buggy app but again our commissioner refuses to change.

What app do you guys use in most of your leagues? Ideally we would find one that is customizable as far as the league setting and such.

In the 2 smaller ones I have we are using Yahoo.

The big money league we switched over to an app called "Sleeper". Made the move 2 or 3 years ago because NFL.com was too glitchy.

I know what u mean about making changes. Took 2 years for us to get a majority vote to add an extra flex. I had SOOOOO many games with guys scoring tons of points on my bench. Good luck to you as well.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:48 am    Post subject:

Had my auction league draft last night. Eight teams, .5 PPR, 11 starters and 6 bench spots. It's a Superflex league so you can start 2 QB, and the other starting spots are 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 2 flex spots (which are apart from the Superflex slot). The auction salary cap for each team is $150, though that's just a number for the draft and not our entry fee, which for this league is more than double that.

QB: Herbert, Hurts
RB: Aaron Jones, Fournette, Conner, Dillon, Patterson, Henderson
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Sutton, Smith-Schuster, A-Rob, Toney, Gage
TE: Goedert
K: Tucker

My two big expenditures early were Adams and Herbert, but I didn't break the bank for either. I then didn't like the values for the next 30 minutes or so, so I ended up having the most money and plucked what I felt were some good values for much of the rest of the night. With my remaining cash, my next 2 biggest buys were for Hurts and Conner. I was able to get everyone else for no more than $10. There were some guys I would have loved to have and didn't get (Gabriel Davis, Lazard), but I was very happy to get many of the dudes I did for as cheaply as I did.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Drew the third pick in a PPR 12 man league

QB- Herbert, Cousins
RB- Ekeler, Hunt, Walker III, Hubbard
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, JuJu, Aiyuk, Burks
TE- Kelce, Njoku
Def- Steelers
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

From the 10th spot in my family league last night, 12 team PPR, and I took Adams and Swift with my first 2 picks. Only have to start 1 RB, which is odd, so I adjusted accordingly (you start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex spots, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF). I got Allen in the late 3rd as the 3rd QB off the board.

QB Allen, Lance
RB Swift, Penny, Stevenson, Gainwell
WR Adams, Higgins, Gabe Davis, St. Brown, Toney, Palmer
TE Goedert
K McManus
DEF Denver
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

I had pick 7 in an 8 man league, no PPR. This is my team:

QB Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson
RB Christian McCaffrey, Najee Harris, James Conner, Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Harris
WR Mike Evans, DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Devonta Smith, Amari Cooper, Terry McLaurin
TE Dallas Goddert
K Evan McPherson
DEF 49ers

Didn't do great at TE, good ones kept going before my pick, so stacked depth at RB/WR instead, maybe can trade later

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: