NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
@AH: Gotcha…well here’s more from Stein. Seems like his sources are corroborating what Buha/TheAthletic reported earlier.

Quote:
“L.A. has nonetheless pledged to James that it will indeed continue to aggressively pursue upgrades,” wrote NBA reporter Marc Stein on his substack. “League sources say James, in fact, has been assured that the Lakers are willing to trade both of their available future first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 if a trade that costs them both picks can realistically position the Lakers to return to contender status.”

Over time, I've gotten more and more skeptical about Stein. Is he saying anything here that isn't just an aggregation of reports from other people? I am at the point where I'm not convinced that he has any sources. Seriously, if he calls Woj, Haynes, and Buha "league sources," he could write this stuff based on their reports.

I see Stein as being on the same level as Stephen A. Smith. He's just someone screaming for attention. But I don't get the impression Stein knows anything that anyone reading his stuff doesn't know.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Should've struck while the iron was hot.

Sounds like Kyrie and the Nets had a change of heart.

Late June/Early July a few reporters stated the trade would've been completed if we was willing to give up 2 first rounders but Pelinka got cute with the whole leverage/bidding against ourselves game.

My guess is the Nets haven't seriously pursued any trades for Durant and Irving, and they never intended to trade either of them. I think all the hysteria was just bloggers who needed to fill space.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject:

The vibe I get from the Nets board is they are running it back. The Nets fans (the moderator) are talking about holding out until January 15, when Deandre Ayton is eligible to be traded, then leverage the Suns offer against the Celtics for another draft pick.

This is just silly

No: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a first round pick
Yes: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and TWO first round picks
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Westbrook is not a knucklehead.

It astounds me that anyone could have watched the last season and still say something like this.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The vibe I get from the Nets board is they are running it back. The Nets fans (the moderator) are talking about holding out until January 15, when Deandre Ayton is eligible to be traded, then leverage the Suns offer against the Celtics for another draft pick.

This is just silly

No: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a first round pick
Yes: Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and TWO first round picks

The Nets are in a win win situation. Make a great trade or run it back. There are warts but KD, Kyrie (if he wants to play), Ben (if he is half of what he was), and Warren (if healthy) will put them in serious contention. They have never ran everyone together when it counted.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Nobody was going to give him an extension and the Lakers were already stuck with him
When asked if he could help develop the 2nd team sometimes etc
NOPE.. I've earned the right to demand I start

Then fires agent who got him the insane contract in the first place

Doesn't play defense
Hits the side of the backboard with airballs
Believes he is better than he is
Some of the worst turnovers ever last year

When did fans start caring about a player firing their agent.

Is Rob a knucklehead yes or no.

Yes. He took a defensive juggernaut and traded it all for Westbrook due to some horrible playerGMs. Our whole future leveraged on RW? eek
Now, even if we fired Rob the new GM would still have to harm the future of this franchise to repair the Westbrook trade.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

Denver isn't a defensive juggernaut with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.

The truth is the team is not winning anything if Anthony Davis is not playing at an All-NBA First Team level. It doesn't matter about the supporting cast.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

It astounds me that anyone could have watched the last season and still say something like this.

Westbrook is not a stupid person. The whole team was horrible last year, I’m not going to blame one person.

I want K. Irving, however it’s not right to call a person out of their name.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers will come out strong this year, IMO. AD and Bron are healthiest at start of the season. The issue with our roster is over the course of the season. The issues (AD injuries, Bron needing to rest to mantain career, lack of shooting, strong defense, bench etc) will unfold as the season evolves. That's the concern, at least on my end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

Westbrook is not a stupid person. The whole team was horrible last year, I’m not going to blame one person.

I want K. Irving, however it’s not right to call a person out of their name.

Westbrook may be an intelligent person outside of basketball. As a basketball player, he is a knucklehead. He always has been. This GIF goes all the way back to when Westbrook and Durant were young:

https://gifer.com/en/JZMY
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

Injuries made us lose more games last year, but it wasn't why we were not contenders. We were not contenders because the team was bad. Two separate issues I think.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject:

About Westbrook...

He has always been a low IQ basketball player in my opinion
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Injuries made us lose more games last year, but it wasn't why we were not contenders. We were not contenders because the team was bad. Two separate issues I think.

Yeah there’s a fine line between being a 33 win team with AD only playing 40 games, Lebron 60sh, and the team being a contender if AD and Bron both play 60-65 games.

It took some very bad chemistry, a lot of injuries to the stars, for the team to be that bad. I can’t see all of that repeating to that degree. To me 40-45 wins and a play in is a lock, unless we see the exact same level injuries to AD, Lebron, etc.

We’re not a title level team anymore when AD/Bron are healthy, but we surely can be a lower playoff seed, especially if we find a way to better utilize Westbrook (or trade him).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

I think most of us would like to see a WB trade, BUT it's probably also true that most folks think we'll be much more competitive if we have healthy AD. I think the youth should help a bit with our defensive issues. Nunn if he can come back should also help out, I think going into the season he was pegged for a pretty consistent rotation player.

While all the above may be true, it seems hard to imagine it's a "championship" roster
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I think most of us would like to see a WB trade, BUT it's probably also true that most folks think we'll be much more competitive if we have healthy AD. I think the youth should help a bit with our defensive issues. Nunn if he can come back should also help out, I think going into the season he was pegged for a pretty consistent rotation player.

While all the above may be true, it seems hard to imagine it's a "championship" roster

It’s not and no one claimed it was….not even the FO…..that’s why Rob said he will do anything in his power to make this roster a contending roster. It’s not there yet and the only chance of getting there is trading Russ. End of story.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

Forget about Kyrie Irving.
Forget about Hield/Turner.
Forget about Clarkson/PatBev/Bogdanovic.

Either we run it back with Westbrook, or we will be surprised with the most unlikely Trade.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:

Either we run it back with Westbrook, or we will be surprised with the most unlikely Trade.

Legramps for Durant

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

Ok LG, are we ready to be patient until trade deadline? No way lol, imma complain everyday until Westbrook is traded

Quote:
“[LeBron James] recognizes that it could lead up all the way to the trade deadline before that type of deal could occur.” – Dave McMenamin on the Lakers improving their roster via potential Kyrie Irving, Buddy Hield/Myles Turner, or Utah trades.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

Just move on from Kyrie already.

Westbrook, future 1st, and 2nd to Indy for Myles and Buddy
THT, Stanley, Christie, and future 2nd to Utah for Bojan and Beverly

PG: Nunn/Beverly
SG: Buddy/Walker/Reaves/Troy
SF: Lebron/Bojan/Toscano
PF: Davis/Damion Jones/Swider
C: Myles/Bryant
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
jankobe wrote:

Legramps for Durant

next 2 years, id take Lebron over KD all day
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
defense wrote:

Yeah there’s a fine line between being a 33 win team with AD only playing 40 games, Lebron 60sh, and the team being a contender if AD and Bron both play 60-65 games.

It took some very bad chemistry, a lot of injuries to the stars, for the team to be that bad. I can’t see all of that repeating to that degree. To me 40-45 wins and a play in is a lock, unless we see the exact same level injuries to AD, Lebron, etc.

We’re not a title level team anymore when AD/Bron are healthy, but we surely can be a lower playoff seed, especially if we find a way to better utilize Westbrook (or trade him).

Look at my sig. LBJ/AD missed around the same % of games in 20-21 but the TEAM was deeper and still won at 58% win rate. Last year? we stripped all our depth for Russ and we barely won at a 40% win rate.

If it isn't overwhelmingly clear what are issues are, it should be. Yes, Vogel wasn't optimal, but trading so much depth for Russ and losing Caruso really killed our ability to stay afloat when AD/LBJ were out. We are careening into that same pathway IMO if we don't get back better players for Russ.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

This is probably the worst offseason in recent memory for me. The uncertainty over what team even shows up to camp makes me completely uninvested in this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Just move on from Kyrie already.

Westbrook, future 1st, and 2nd to Indy for Myles and Buddy
THT, Stanley, Christie, and future 2nd to Utah for Bojan and Beverly

PG: Nunn/Beverly
SG: Buddy/Walker/Reaves/Troy
SF: Lebron/Bojan/Toscano
PF: Davis/Damion Jones/Swider
C: Myles/Bryant

Usually math needs to work and Damian Jones is not. PF at all & Beverly would start -- but I tend to agree with the general premise. It looks like KD will start the season a Net. Which then means so will Ky. I think they win games and all is forgotten.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

One of the Nets fans finally realized the problem with "running it back" and waiting until the trade deadline for the best deal. What if Kevin Durant gets injured?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
One of the Nets fans finally realized the problem with "running it back" and waiting until the trade deadline for the best deal. What if Kevin Durant gets injured?

When was the last season when Kevin Durant didn't get injured?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 192 of 2545
Jump to: