The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1829, 1830, 1831 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
The King with a Mickey Mouse Ring. Sign a 10 year extension clown and bring another 10 retirees with you. You’ll never be one of us. Unwanted.

Wow, the hate....
Mickey Mouse ring? By the way, probably one of the hardest championships to win in NBA history yet some still downplay it. So stupid....
"He'll never be one of us" why? because you hate him?
We are lucky to have him.
Enjoy one of the greatest of all time, while you still can.

Crazy how some of you wanted him traded or for the Lakers to not extend him and have him go somewhere else. Like that was going to happen? Be real...

But, sorry, man, your hate is ridiculous. One of the greatest players of all time is on this team....yes, I agree the roster needs to improve, but at least we have Lebron still.....
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
The King with a Mickey Mouse Ring. Sign a 10 year extension clown and bring another 10 retirees with you. You’ll never be one of us. Unwanted.

Wow, the hate....
Mickey Mouse ring? By the way, probably one of the hardest championships to win in NBA history yet some still downplay it. So stupid....

Crazy how some of you wanted him traded or for the Lakers to not extend him and have him go somewhere else. Like that was going to happen? Be real...

But, sorry, man, your hate is ridiculous. One of the greatest players of all time is on this team....yes, I agree the roster needs to improve, but at least we have Lebron still.....

His username says it all. These guys are just mad that Kobe's adversary came here and won a ring in a Lakers uniform, and now, they're going to continue seeing him for another 2 years minimum.

Get used to it haters.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Signing LeBron to an extension is a horrible day in Lakers history.
sourcents
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
A lot of you are poo pooing this decision.
But if it was Kobe, you would all be celebrating….even if the team sucked.

What if this team is improved this year and they do make a run? Maybe we eat crow.

Not sure why some of you hate Lebron so much. He’s the only reason this team is competitive to begin with.

Please don't put Kobe and Lebron in same sentence.

quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Wow, the hate....

His username says it all. These guys are just mad that Kobe's adversary came here and won a ring in a Lakers uniform, and now, they're going to continue seeing him for another 2 years minimum.

Get used to it haters.

As long as he's here, the Lakers aren't winning another championship. That's what we hate.

We're Lakers fans. Not LeBron fans.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Wow, the hate....

I don’t think my hate is ridiculous. Last two seasons we missed the playoffs and got bounced from the first round. And a miserable job of playing GM. And the Lebron fans are trying to shame me for having a Kobe username on a Lakers forum? Jokes man…
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

quartzcharm wrote:
george w kush wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Wow, the hate....

Get used to it haters.

As long as he's here, the Lakers aren't winning another championship. That's what we hate.

We're Lakers fans. Not LeBron fans.

If you’re a Lakers fan then you would know that the Lakers aren’t winning another Championship under this ownership no matter who is on the team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok, first off, I am a Lakers fan first and foremost.
Lakers ownership is investing in Lebron who won us a title and made us relevant for the first time in years even in the last years of Kobe's great career, the teams assembled around him, sucked.

So, I embrace the Lakers brass to re-up Lebron so he finishes his career here.
I know that's a lot for some to stomach here.

I hope this year is a great year for his team....a new coach, a healthy Lebron and Davis, and hopefully there is a trade or two still coming.

In short, I am not going to kiss off this season before it has even started.

My gut tells me that Lebron signed knowing there are other moves to be made to be competitive. Unlike some of you Lebron haters, I know he hates to lose and this past 33 win year, I am pretty sure, pissed him off.

If you still think Lebron doesn't care, how many straight trips to the NBA finals did he have? 8 straight and 10 overall.

Sometimes I think the Lebron haters forget that....
He wants to win....

I am going to be patient and feel this extension has other moves attached to it....
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Cry
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I can’t believe that people actually thought Lebron wouldn’t sign an extension
Hiphopdrunky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

This is most likely scenario...
anth2000 wrote:
Ok, first off, I am a Lakers fan first and foremost.
Lakers ownership is investing in Lebron who won us a title and made us relevant for the first time in years even in the last years of Kobe's great career, the teams assembled around him, sucked.

So, I embrace the Lakers brass to re-up Lebron so he finishes his career here.
I know that's a lot for some to stomach here.

I hope this year is a great year for his team....a new coach, a healthy Lebron and Davis, and hopefully there is a trade or two still coming.

In short, I am not going to kiss off this season before it has even started.

My gut tells me that Lebron signed knowing there are other moves to be made to be competitive. Unlike some of you Lebron haters, I know he hates to lose and this past 33 win year, I am pretty sure, pissed him off.

If you still think Lebron doesn't care, how many straight trips to the NBA finals did he have? 8 straight and 10 overall.

Sometimes I think the Lebron haters forget that....
He wants to win....

I am going to be patient and feel this extension has other moves attached to it....
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell
When @KingJames takes the floor for the season opener (Oct. 18 at GSW), he will become just the 10th player ever to play 20 NBA seasons.

He joins: Kobe, Kareem, KG, Dirk, Moses, Vince Carter, Robert Parish, Kevin Willis and Jamal Crawford.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Wow, the hate....

Get used to it haters.

Such a stupid take. Our disdain for this clown has absolutely nothing to do with Kobe. Leave Kobe out of this. 3 out of the 4 years he's been here have been an unmitigated disaster. $100 million for a guy that's going to load manage and fake injuries for half the season, pout when the skies aren't blue, blame his teammates for missing his defensive assignments and statpad. If you love the Lakers and want to win, then there's no way you should approve of this signing. If your love is for him and him only then you got exactly what you wanted....his desire to remain in Hollywood and a sick, demented fulfillment of watching Laker fans suffer for as long as he's here.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with Jeannie. For the first time since I've been a Laker fan I feel we are now a gimmicky organization. The only thing that's left is her signing his sorry sons and replacing the roof at Staples with a circus tent.

Whether you like this trade, you hate me or whatever I could care less, but please let Kobe rest in peace. He has no place in this discussion whatsoever.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Oh no gotta put up with Lebron for another 2-3 seasons...

Usual posters going through their emotions right now.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Did folks think he wasn't going to sign his extension? And more did folks think there was a plan in place if he didn't? Come on now
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

wow, a lot hate here for a guy that just averaged 30 last season.

it's a HUGE d!ck move to even think about trading him. other NBA stars are watching. that disrespect would not go unnoticed for arguably one of the greatest to ever lace them up. and that's just the way the Buss collective thinks. as a family - both by blood and by purple and gold.

i think he's learned his lesson to not play GM. we gave him (and AD) what they wanted in WB... and they looked like fools for believing it would work.

hopefully this means Pelinka has some trade options lined up... even if not for kyrie.... BUT i bet it's gonna be kyrie. the nets keeping durant is not an option. KD looks hell bent on getting out of there. at that point, you think kyrie is gonna behave on a crap team with no chance at a chip? nah, he'll go off the rails.

why not take Russ, 2 FRPs and we'll take Joe Harris off your hands? you get 2 picks, get out of a semi-meh contract and if you let "Russ be Russ"... you might still get into the play in. PLUS, say what you want about Russ. he shows up to work every fricken day.

i mean, LBJ was right. he needed a 3 scorer to take the load off him (and yes, allow for some level of load managing). and being AD is AD, him as well. Russ just wasn't "the guy". kyrie checks all the boxes. savvy point guard and a long range bomber. throw joe harris next to him and that's another long range threat. i'd like our chances!

YES you would have literally given up KCP, Trez, Kuz, THREE FRPs for kyrie... but being what minny just dropped for rudy fricken gobert, it's not a bad deal IMHO.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

BTW, you guys really ain't gonna like it when Bron buys Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong's stake

it's comin'!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

HAIL TO THE KING!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm not exactly the biggest LeBron fan, but I'm glad he'll be around a little longer, only because he's our only hope of winning another championship anytime soon.

We like to think that since it's the Lakers, we'll quickly get another transcendent player after LeBron leaves, but who knows? We could also turn into the Celtics or Bulls and go decades without winning a title.

The most important thing is that the Lakers make a move to become title contenders NOW. This humongous contract makes it virtually impossible to sign someone like Kyrie next summer in free agency while still fielding a championship-caliber team.

Besides, if we wait until next summer, we'd be wasting what could very well be LeBron's last elite or near-elite season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

why not take Russ, 2 FRPs and we'll take Joe Harris off your hands?

That would be a horrible deal for Brooklyn, especially considering they want to keep Kyrie and Harris. If they decided to trade Kyrie they could do better without giving up Harris.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:

Wow, the hate....

Get used to it haters.

I don't think it's because the user is a Kobe fan. The person may just genuinely not like LeBron and objectively looking at things, there's reason not to, just as well as there is reason to like him. I think that looking at a person's username to determine why they feel the way that they do is pretty absurd. As great as LeBron is, he hasn't exactly had the best years as a Laker. He has not been healthy and Lakers have been in the same amount of lottery as playoffs. If it wasn't for the ring, his time as a Laker would have been a disaster, and he is only getting older. That's without even bringing up Klutch, because to be honest, I don't know how involved Klutch is, so, I could only go based off of what is on the surface. For me, I don't put it all on Lebron because we have a front office and they have not made the best moves over the years. If they yield to Bron, that's not Bron's fault, but I could see why people don't want Bron as a Laker. Don't like him as a Laker.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I can appreciate the angst regarding LeBron's extension. Personally I have mixed emotions about it, but it is what it is.

However, I can't help but wonder if the disgust would run so deep if we had not made that horrible Westbrook trade, and of course we know LeBron played a major role in that doomed before it happened trade.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Oh no gotta put up with Lebron for another 2-3 seasons...

Usual posters going through their emotions right now.

Yeah because missing the playoffs 2 years and getting bounced in the first round another year is so much fun. But ohhh we're sooo emotional. I guess his point average is enough to keep you happy, but don't expect everyone to feel the same way you do.

Jeannie has turned the Lakers into a carnival show that sells snake oil and pet rocks......"Step right up ladies and gentlemen, come one come all and "witness" the self-proclaimed goat as he jacks up 3's and refuses to cross half court on defense, in his pursuit to pass Kareem"

So forgive me if I don't think that a 40 year old dude that misses more and more games each season, a fragile AD and either the flat-earther or Westbrook equates to winning. I don't see it.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Did folks think he wasn't going to sign his extension? And more did folks think there was a plan in place if he didn't? Come on now

We thought there might be a slim chance that Rob would come to his senses. And if he were at all competent, there would have been a path to getting back to contention with the cap space next summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1829, 1830, 1831 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1830 of 2079
Jump to: