🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/11/get-ready-steelers-fans-for-acrisure-stadium/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/11/get-ready-steelers-fans-for-acrisure-stadium/

Rolls off the tongue doesn't it? That being said their sponsor is probably on more solid ground that an arena named after a crypto company.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I just got an email from DTV. This came out of the blue. They gave me 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX at no cost. I was getting all Sunday games with my IPTV but sometimes I got a lot of buffering. DTV games are clear with no buffering. Football is right around the corner. I'm gonna enjoy this season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

There's a guy that's been on Tom Brady's miiiiind, all the time, Ju-Ju-Julio. He feels so good, if you just say the word...

In other Bucs news, Godwin has been cleared to practice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold battling for the Carolina Panthers starting position. I think this is it for both to be a starting QB in the NFL. I think Baker will win it and lose it during the season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold battling for the Carolina Panthers starting position. I think this is it for both to be a starting QB in the NFL. I think Baker will win it then lose it during the season.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Tampa Bay center Ryan Jensen went down in practice today and there's a fear that he suffered a serious knee injury. Would be a big blow to their offensive line.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Not good for Tommy Boy. He better learn to scramble.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold battling for the Carolina Panthers starting position. I think this is it for both to be a starting QB in the NFL. I think Baker will win it then lose it during the season.

Bought tickets for the Panther, it will be the first Ram game I've been too, since the Rams were playing in Anaheim, and Brett Farve was the rookie QB for the GB.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

After DK Metcalf's 3-year extension earlier this week, Deebo Samuel got his own 3-year extension today. The same agent negotiated both deals, which were similar in value.

In other big news, the NFLPA just issued a statement saying that they will not appeal Sue Robinson's ruling on the Deshaun Watson case, which is expected to come down tomorrow, and that they are calling on the league to do the same. That sounds to me like they might be aware that he's not going to be get suspended for anything close to the entire season.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Watson suspended for six games
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

DELETED DOUBLE POST jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm going out on a limb that won't hold a sparrow. Rob Gronkowski will play next season. I won't bet the condo, I will bet the summer 3 years paid Belize rental (If I had one) Over or under 50% Gronk comes back by mid-season or earlier. I got 80% over.

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm going out on a limb that won't hold a sparrow. Rob Gronkowski will play next season. I won't bet the condo, I will bet the summer 3 years paid Belize rental (If I had one) Over or under 50% Gronk comes back by mid-season or earlier. I got 80% over.

Completely agree. I expect Gronk back by the end of October.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

Deshaun Watson's sentence is being appealed. He will probably not play this season.

My displeasure is, that owners who did the same thing are not punished as severely.

IMO owners who commit abuse should be judged and punished by those who judged and punished Cosby and Weinstein. Goodell is the person who has to punish his bosses. How in the hell are you going to be harsh on your boss?

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject:

I am actually with Screaming A Smith on the Watson thing.

Not sure it is the NFL's job to try and regulate off-field legal matters.

If he isn't criminally charged with something, it is a slippery slope trying to navigate differentiating between all the bad conduct.

I don't like what he apparently has been doing, but not sure the NFL needs to be the judge and jury over what falls outside of their jurisdiction.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

If he isn't criminally charged with something, it is a slippery slope trying to navigate differentiating between all the bad conduct.

I don't like what he apparently has been doing, but not sure the NFL needs to be the judge and jury over what falls outside of their jurisdiction.

It is part of their jurisdiction, the player code of conduct is there to protect the league’s image and reputation. What Watson supposedly did would be punished by most major corporations.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It is part of their jurisdiction, the player code of conduct is there to protect the league’s image and reputation. What Watson supposedly did would be punished by most major corporations.

Key phrase supposedly did. He's claiming innocence. Is he? I don't know. Is he guilty of something I think he is. Think is an opinion and he should not be punished for what one thinks. Innocent until proven guilty.

How do you punish an allegation? Watson knows the truth. If he did the things he's accused of he needs therapy.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

I missed the Jaguars vs Raiders game. Raiders won 27 11. I'm gonna download next weeks pre-season and regular seasons schedule. LINK FOOTBALL HAS RETURNED!

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

It is that time of year! About to head into the War Room to start planning my Fantasy Football Draft.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

New England's defensive line is weak. Giants running the ball right up the middle.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Trey Lance light it up. I hope someone will give Jimmy G a shot.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
It is that time of year! About to head into the War Room to start planning my Fantasy Football Draft.

Rumor is that the Packers defense will be top notch.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Trey Lance light it up. I hope someone will give Jimmy G a shot.

I liked what I saw from Lance today. It wasn't much, but he was effective and looked poised.

I'm also hoping that rookie Drake Jackson will become a great pass rusher partner for Bosa up front. He had a couple of good plays where he pressured Jordan Love before he got hurt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject:

NFLHD will be airing football all day.

Chiefs vs Bears

Colts @ Bills

Seahawks @ Steelers

Cowboys @ Bronco,

ENJOY!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 164 of 335
Jump to: