Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
It's interesting that Kimbrel has such a good save percentage...I guess it's because baseball allows you to have a save opportunity with 3 runs, and we give him plenty of runs to work with.

Kimbrel has:
*Given up at least 1 run in 6 of his 20 converted saves.
*Earned a "Hold" for 1 game which was a save opportunity, but he gave up a run and got pulled for Vesia who got the save instead.
*3 blown saves - with a 1-2 record to show for it.

In total, he's given up at least 1 run in 13 of 42 appearances (some were non-save opportunities). While not downright terrible, this guy is also supposed to be a closer that shouldn't be giving up so many hits and runs. If not for the bats in the lineup giving so much run support, he'd probably have been removed a while ago.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

Hopefully the red hot Phillies makes things tough on the Mets this weekend, our closest comp in the overall standings.

Mets dominant staff is also what worries me, they have the arms to keep our bats honest in a NLCS.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Barring a setback, Dustin May will return next Friday, Aug 19:

Quote:
Mike DiGiovanna
@MikeDiGiovanna

RHP Dustin May will make one more rehab start for triple-A OKC on Sunday and, barring setback, return to #Dodgers rotation the following weekend.

4:28 PM · Aug 10, 2022

Quote:
Unless there are any changes or setbacks, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts confirmed that May should be back next week. If May's final rehab start on Sunday goes well, May should be set to re-join the starting rotation as early as Friday against the Marlins back at Dodger Stadium.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the Dodgers bringing back May as a starting pitcher (that's what he's been building to) could be an indication that Buehler's status is cloudy at best. At least, for him to possibly start. They've alluded to this (conveniently, not until after the trade deadline had passed), but if Buehler comes back at all, it may be very late in September and he may not have time to get stretched out to start before the postseason. Perhaps Buehler could be a bullpen piece in the postseason, if he's right.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the Dodgers bringing back May as a starting pitcher (that's what he's been building to) could be an indication that Buehler's status is cloudy at best. At least, for him to possibly start. They've alluded to this (conveniently, not until after the trade deadline had passed), but if Buehler comes back at all, it may be very late in September and he may not have time to get stretched out to start before the postseason. Perhaps Buehler could be a bullpen piece in the postseason, if he's right.

They've been pretty consistent in their plans to bring May back as a starter even before Buehler went down.

My guess is they determined it’s less taxing on his arm to be a starter than a reliever.

A reliever warms up every 2 days or so.

A starter warms up every 5-6 days (depending on if we go to a 6 man rotation).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

They've been pretty consistent in their plans to bring May back as a starter even before Buehler went down.

My guess is they determined it’s less taxing on his arm to be a starter than a reliever.

A reliever warms up every 2 days or so.

A starter warms up every 5-6 days (depending on if we go to a 6 man rotation).

OK so he's thrown 16 minor league innings so far. Looks like he's making one more minor league start and I think they want him to go 5 innings. So let's say 21 minor league innings. If he makes his MLB season debut on August 19 as planned, and if he stays in the rotation for the rest of the regular season, that's maybe 7-8 starts. I'm going to assume that the Dodgers are going to keep his innings/pitch count down, so I'll estimate 40 MLB regular season innings. So we're up to roughly 60 innings, plus the postseason, and that could be anything, really. As we look to next season, I assume the Dodgers will want May to be in the rotation, but probably will ease him into it. I can't see them upping his innings to the 180-ish mark from wherever he'll finish this season, because there would be a good chance that this would represent close to a 100-inning jump.

I do take it that the Dodgers are very happy with how his arm has responded to the TJ surgery, because they have moved full speed ahead with him as a starter. Great sign.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

^

Yeah probably not a good idea for him to start next year if he’s limited to 100ip. I’d imagine next year he’d take on the Urias role.

But for this year I think there’s a good chance we go to a 6 man rotation, especially once Kershaw comes back.

This is going to be super taxing on the bullpen as we’ll lose one reliever for the xtra starter and we might have 3 guys going 5ip:

Heaney
Kershaw
Pepiot
May

Also with this huge lead, I think it’s time we slow down Phillips’ innings and appearances. Phillips might need to go on the IL for a mysterious ailment.

——-/——-

Interesting tidbit on May’s contract situation. He’s arbitration eligible for the 1st time this offseason.

We’ve burned through all 3 of his team controlled years and it feels like we barely got any use out of him.

One was the 2020 pandemic year, which we only got 56ip out of him.

The next was last yr which he got hurt early (23ip).

Then this yr which like Chickenstu said, we’ll get about 40ip.

So a total of ~110ip for his 3 cost controlled years.

Now we only have his 3 arbitration years left. Time flies.

For comparison, Urias also got hurt and we ended up controlling him for like 8 years total (2016-2023)

And think about this, we control Buehler for 2 more years, and May for 3 more years. So we only have May for 1 more than Buehler, and it feels like Buehler’s been up for alot longer.

It also feels like May and Gonsolin came up together, yet we have 4 more years on gonsolin. Go figure.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Royals should be an easy series. Mostly rookies on that team.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

You would hope, but the Nationals look like an easy win and we all know how that series worked out.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

You would hope, but the Nationals look like an easy win and we all know how that series worked out.

True. Hopefully Dodgers don't take them lightly.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Clayton Kershaw was all smiles after throwing several hours ahead of the game in KC. He’s confident he’ll be ready for October. Nice that there’s no need to rush with the Dodgers 16 games up in the West.

https://twitter.com/SteveHenson/status/1558199834137350144?t=HD3a1Q1Y0zdcJBT2wi4SHQ&s=19
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Today’s Dodgers lineup

Mookie Betts, RF
Trea Turner, SS
Freddie Freeman, 1B
Will Smith, C
Justin Turner, 3B
Chris Taylor, LF
Max Muncy, DH
Hanser Alberto, 2B
Trayce Thompson, CF

Tony Gonsolin, P
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Tatis has been booked for PEDs. Too much of a boomer to paste the Passan tweet link but yeah. Huge blow to the Madres and MLB.

Update: 80 game suspension

Last edited by Snipes on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I'll post a link to MLB's statement, wow!

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1558226982424285184/photo/1
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Watch Tatis explain how he had no idea whatever substance(s) it was got into his system OR that it was a common over the counter GNC supplement.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

In all seriousness, that really sucks for baseball. He was one of the new young faces of the league.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the Padres regret the Soto trade now, given that this puts a huge damper on one of the 3 postseason runs that they could theoretically have with Soto.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Lol damn, the hits keep on coming for that team.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Not gonna feel too bad for SD as they swindled the Nats at the trade deadline as if they were blackmailing them.

But screw MLB after they took our ace Bauer away for almost 2 full seasons despite no conviction to any crimes in a court of law.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I'll post a link to MLB's statement, wow!

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1558226982424285184/photo/1

Last week when Dodgers were sweeping the Padres, I was reading the padres game thread. Everyone was stressing out cause they were losing of course but they were also stressing out because Tatis was stinking it up in the rehab. Then couple of days ago, he started to light it up down there. Now I know why.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Ringworm!

https://twitter.com/MLBPA_News/status/1558234546230833152
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Tatis has been booked for PEDs. Too much of a boomer to paste the Passan tweet link but yeah. Huge blow to the Madres and MLB.

Update: 80 game suspension

$340 million/14 years.......thats gonna sting for the Padres.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I saw this floated, but it's possible that the Padres actually made the Soto trade knowing that a Tatis suspension was forthcoming. Usually teams are made aware of a positive test well in advance of the actual suspension announcement, because the appeals process has to sort itself out. If so, it would be interesting that the Padres would make that deal, because it would suggest that they thought they had a strong-enough team to win the World Series this year, and although I think they probably have a puncher's chance, I think that would be a miscalculation on their part.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ringworm!

https://twitter.com/MLBPA_News/status/1558234546230833152

Maybe it’s from the same tainted beef Canelo had in Mexico
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I saw this floated, but it's possible that the Padres actually made the Soto trade knowing that a Tatis suspension was forthcoming. Usually teams are made aware of a positive test well in advance of the actual suspension announcement, because the appeals process has to sort itself out. If so, it would be interesting that the Padres would make that deal, because it would suggest that they thought they had a strong-enough team to win the World Series this year, and although I think they probably have a puncher's chance, I think that would be a miscalculation on their part.

It’d be interesting why they sent him to rehab in the first place if they knew.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 243 of 434
Jump to: